• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh crap, he is gone!
I hope he’s okay.....
Hey so like has anyone heard from JDCabrera recently? Seems his account is gone again.
He still has his discord account, so if anyone here have him in their friend list, ask him if he's doing well or not.

I'm a bit afraid to ask myself because it's late here & my brain recovering from DMC3, but if no one can reach him, I ask myself.

EDIT: Well guess Lamperouge got me covered lol.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
EDIT: Well guess Lamperouge got me covered lol.
I mean, nothing's stopping you from checking up on him too if you're concerned.

The more people that reach out to him and lend an ear, the better. He told me that he considers himself a "burden to Social" so it probably wouldn't hurt to have a few more people set him straight.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, nothing's stopping you from checking up on him too if you're concerned.

The more people that reach out to him and lend an ear, the better. He told me that he considers himself a "burden to Social" so it probably wouldn't hurt to have a few more people set him straight.
Like I said, wasn't sure if I could do it now since i'm tired, wouldn't want to say something stupid if he feel pretty bad, you know?

That said, think I'm going to let him know that peoples care about him & that he isn't a "burden".

Edit: sended a message on discord, hope he take it well.

EDIT 2: Got a few posts with him, he received them well, soooo I think peoples who aren't sure if they should talk to him should give it a try if they have discord & JDC on their friends list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got $20 from moving my Grandparent’s lawn: which means I can finally buy some new sleeve + inner sleeves for my MtG stuff. The reason question then.. is what inners do I actually get? :goomba:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Rememeber the whole name change from Gods and Monsters to Immortals Fenyx Rising? It does suck, but apparently it had to do with Monster Energy (the drink) being "concerned" about possible confusion between the names to consumers:

Monster Energy's allegations sound pretty ridiculous to me (Like, do they think their consumers are THAT stupid?), and Ubisoft making the point of " there are many trademarks containing the word Monster, in a variety of categories, both internationally and federally. " makes sense, but, guess they just wanted to prevent any more trouble with that brand so they opted for the name change. Despite it sucking.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Rememeber the whole name change from Gods and Monsters or Immortals Fenyx Rising? It does suck, but apparently it had to do with Monster Energy (the drink) being "concerned" about possible confusion between the names to consumers:

Monster Energy's allegations sound pretty ridiculous to me (Like, do they think their consumers are THAT stupid?), and Ubisoft making the point of " there are many trademarks containing the word Monster, in a variety of categories, both internationally and federally. " makes sense, but, guess they just wanted to prevent any more trouble with that brand so they opted for the name change. Despite it sucking.
Wooooow, that is garbage man. Monster Energy of all things too huh? That sucks

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Rememeber the whole name change from Gods and Monsters or Immortals Fenyx Rising? It does suck, but apparently it had to do with Monster Energy (the drink) being "concerned" about possible confusion between the names to consumers:

What? Unless the game was called Red Bulls and Monsters I never would have once thought of the energy drink.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

This is one of the dumbest legal kerfuffles I've ever heard lol

Last edited:

AndreaAC

What? Unless the game was called Red Bulls and Monsters I never would have once thought of the energy drink.
I know right? It makes no sense. But now you make me wonder if Ubisoft is going to get sued later if by killing a red bull looking thingy that are in the game, it gives the girl her wings. 🤦‍♀️

Wooooow, that is garbage man. Monster Energy of all things too huh? That sucks
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard lol
My sentiments exactly.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Rememeber the whole name change from Gods and Monsters to Immortals Fenyx Rising? It does suck, but apparently it had to do with Monster Energy (the drink) being "concerned" about possible confusion between the names to consumers:

A classic case of companies being stupid by thinking consumers are being stupid

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

What?

Right, might as well get rid of the Monsters' Inc stuff. It has Monster in it and a hundred different things.

I was going to make a meme but eh, I'll someone do it. "Bring me the Monster name!"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just watched a video about what's left of the Pokemon musical after 20 years.

I wish I could just take those costumes home and fix them up in the same way they fixed that abandoned Sonic statue. Just seeing those remnants of Pokemons golden age just lying in decay is very unnerving

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm playing FFVII Remake and it's fun. I even like the battle system. My only complaint is about the forced walking sections which are EVERYWHERE. If I want to run around like a jack*** at inappropriate times that should be my choice.
Anyone else playing/played it? No spoilers; I've just gotten to the part in the church.

AndreaAC

What?

Right, might as well get rid of the Monsters' Inc stuff. It has Monster in it and a hundred different things.

I was going to make a meme but eh, I'll someone do it. "Bring me the Monster name!"
So is it in relation to the use of the word "Monster" in video games specifically?

RIP Monster Hunter :yeahboi:
That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how else to describe their logic other than downright stupid. :joyful:

Unfortunately there are too many stupid consumers out there.
But are there THAT MANY that an entire brand is "concerned" about them confusing a freaking game with a drink? Two totally unrelated things? xD Probably.

This would make more sense if they were talking about the Justice League film called Gods and Monsters. But not... this... unless they’re coming out with a new God energy drink.
....I dunno, but I still cannot believe that's the reason behind an entire name change to a game. A dumb lawsuit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
imagine not spending your entire day decoding HotGirlVid69's latest image leak in hopes of finally grasping the truth behind the next exciting inclusion for what is, undoubtly, the most important thing in the ****ing universe, and choosing to instead...gasp, actually step outside and do things.

That just doesn't sound like a life worth living TBH.
Ngl it’s kinda of intriguing she seemingly leaked Mario Circuit ahead of time with her posts about MK.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The weird part of the Pokemon musical is that the reason we don't have good footage of it is because the only good recordings of the show ended up being owned by Konami. Who have no reason to dump the show online or more likely have destroyed it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back in August Nintendo Dream magazine said that the September issue will have a new Switch game that "everyone will enjoy".

Has that issue come out yet?

Shroob

Sup?
Back in August Nintendo Dream magazine said that the September issue will have a new Switch game that "everyone will enjoy".

If anything, it's gonna be that Monster Hunter game that Shinobi leaked, and now a few other Insiders like Zippo are pinning its reveals for the 16th.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey so like has anyone heard from JDCabrera recently? Seems his account is gone again.
He did mention thins were getting rough the last time he was here and that he probably wouldn’t be back until it calmed down, So i guess we will see. Hope all improves for him.

I think it’s out this week, it’s probably the Mario remasters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom