• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Here's something I learned today:
The dung beetle is the first known species to navigate using the Milky Way. They orient themselves to the bright stripe of light generated by our galaxy, and move in a line relative to it. They also use the symmetrical pattern of polarized light that appears around the sun.
Man, bugs are so much more than we think they are.

D

Deleted member

So, I've been craving something different to play, so I've been playing Fortnite, and I just deleted it after getting 70 hours in it.
View attachment 285333
I just can't deal with this **** game. The Marvel thing is cool though. But this ain't my thing. I need cash so I can get a good game.
I once was mildly into Fortnite.... but it got reallly boring to me over time so I just gave up.

my brother is SUPPER into it though and it's the main thing he talks about.... it drives me nuts every other second when he's like
"OMG BAKUGAN2556! HaVE yOU HeaRD aBouT the nEW FoRTnITe UpdaTE?! :toadnaani:"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Is it weird that one of the things I'm most proud of in my life is the fact that I've never got stung by an insect?

Also I really need to get my butt to ordering Mario AllStars because I'm still on about getting it. I hate my indecisiveness.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I thought Byleth was a nice reveal, but the toxicity after Byleth's release was dreadful. When Byleth was released, complaints were everywhere on Twitter.

I'm not saying you have to like Byleth, by the way.
Byleth was an unnecessary ball of sour in your otherwise sweet and amazingly delicious chocolate cake. No matter how many excuses people make for it being there, the process of finding it was unpleasant.

D

Deleted member

Byleth was an unnecessary ball of sour in your otherwise sweet and amazingly delicious chocolate cake. No matter how many excuses people make for it being there, the process of finding it was unpleasant.
I think Byleth was neat tbh. Not my cup of tea, similarly to Terry, but his playstyle was at least something more than the 7 other swordy boys we have from FE.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is it weird that one of the things I'm most proud of in my life is the fact that I've never got stung by an insect?

Also I really need to get my butt to ordering Mario AllStars because I'm still on about getting it. I hate my indecisiveness.
Ive been stung, bitten, sucked, and stabbed by all sorts of creatures ranging from mosquitos to ticks to spiders to scorpions to wasps to centipedes. The later was quite horrible. It was a Japanese centipede and caused my entire arm to swell and blister for a month. I’m quite proud that I didn’t whimper and cry. I’ve also been attacked by a dog that required surgery and stitches. Still though, not getting bitten is quite the accomplishment.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Byleth was neat tbh. Not my cup of tea, similarly to Terry, but his playstyle was at least something more than the 7 other swordy boys we have from FE.
Byleth is unique and all but it's weird when people group together all FE veterans together whenever we get a newcomer.

Like, I'll give you the Marth, Roy and maybe Ike but Robin and Corrin were plenty different on their own without axes or lances.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Byleth is unique and all but it's weird when people group together all FE veterans together whenever we get a newcomer.

Like, I'll give you the Marth, Roy and maybe Ike but Robin and Corrin were plenty different on their own without axes or lances.
This is frustrating to me because I’ve tried explaining why they all feel similar to people who aren’t familiar with the series many times in many different ways, but I can never seem to get people to actually understand what I’m saying.

D

Deleted member

Fair.

I had Robin in my head when making that post but I kinda had forgotten that Corrin exists lol

Overall I feel Byleth bringing some weapon variety is nice overall.

Dutch Raikuna

Let's look at it this way. Had Byleth been the final character, I would have understood people's annoyance and hell, even a bit of toxicity. When Bayonetta was the final character of Smash 4, I was a bit annoyed back then. (However, I've played both games since and well, I love it).

However we knew we had more characters coming before his announcement so I was like nice. I'm in the camp of redoing the FE representation greatly but I don't have the power to go back in time. People have **** on him way too much honestly.

It was a Japanese centipede and caused my entire arm to swell and blister for a month. I’m quite proud that I didn’t whimper and cry. I’ve also been attacked by a dog that required surgery and stitches. Still though, not getting bitten is quite the accomplishment.
Ouch with the centipede. I would've been freaking out. I've been attacked by my own dog (not my current one of course but the before-before him) so I know the feeling.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Despite the core Smash fanbase's vile hatred against the FE characters, almost whenever I discuss Smash with more casual everday people, the FE characters are almost always the most popular. I hear a whole lot of "Smash Bros? Oh yeah, Ike's my favorite" and so on.

just such a weird contrast, and it goes to show one person's junk is another person's treasure

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Despite the core Smash fanbase's vile hatred against the FE characters, almost whenever I discuss Smash with more casual people, the FE characters are almost always the most popular with em. I hear a whole lot of "Smash Bros? Oh yeah, Ike's my favorite" and so on.

just such a weird contrast, and it goes to show one person's junk is another person's treasure
Characters like Ike and Lucina are low commitment characters that are relatively easy to use, casual players who don't put as much effort into gitting gud will gravitate more to characters like that.

D

Deleted member

Despite the core Smash fanbase's vile hatred against the FE characters, almost whenever I discuss Smash with more casual people, the FE characters are almost always the most popular. I hear a whole lot of "Smash Bros? Oh yeah, Ike's my favorite" and so on.

Personally I like most of the FE characters precisely because they’re mostly swordie boyos. “I just like slashing my way downtown, taking stocks, going to Final Destination” :p
Like, badass knights(I think?) swinging swords around with various little gimmicks is pretty badass in my eyes.

I’ve only played like the demo for whatever game Robin came from and a bit of the FE mobile game but honestly FE is an interesting game series that I’ve considered trying out in the past. But I have other things to focus on and a tight budget so for right now I can’t really. I love games where you’re able to think out your moves way in advance and not have to make split second decisions so FE is right up my alley too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Mummy.

Lost Tapes: "Mummy"
Subject matter: Mummy
Summary: A team of archaeologists has made a major discovery finding the tomb of one of Egypt's most ancient and oldest Pharaohs. Unbeknownst that a curse has been put in place for anyone that disturbs his resting place, soon the dangers they were blinded to awake and come after them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally I think Byleth's whip sword is just wasted potential for a moveset on its own if I'm being honest.

D

Deleted member

Feels like the world is slowly getting worse and worse and I’m powerless to do anything but just accept my fate. And it’s not even like a “nobody coulda predicted this” scenario because we’ve known about climate change for centuries now! yet as far as I can see... we’ve already started the countdown to nigh certain demise, yet nobody seems to be doing anything about it, especially the many companies that did their own research and have known about this for actual decades now!
Man... I really don’t need me to be depressed for the second month in a row. Probably just gonna browse wholesome stuff for a bit to get my mind away from this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think Byleth is pretty neat. Nothing mind blowing, but a fun inclusion nonetheless. While I do think FE has too many characters, a new character is a new character. As long as their fun, which Byleth is in my opinion, I don’t really care.

Regarding Byleth’s reception, there’s a fine line between genuine critique and mindless hate.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
(Me who dealt with a ton of bees while changing trash cans earlier reading this.)
AAA61618-1195-4F83-BFAE-C1B560680649.jpeg

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I hate FE, so I'm okay with this.
Ralsei would have not liked this.

Would you like something the fluffy boy doesn't?

If you say yes, then you probably threw Ralsei's Manual, and that, must be PUNISH.
Susie_face_angry.png
If you didn't throw Ralsei manual tho, then yeah, your opinion is fine.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ralsei would have not liked this.

Would you like something the fluffy boy doesn't?

If you say yes, then you probably threw Ralsei's Manual, and that, must be PUNISH.
View attachment 285351
If you didn't throw Ralsei manual tho, then yeah, your opinion is fine.
I didn't throw his manual. How dare you imply I would ever do that. >;(

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't throw his manual. How dare you imply I would ever do that. >;(
'cuz you used a smug anime girl in your post.

You know who else act smug at one point?

That's right, Susie, we found one of your 79 accounts on Smashboards dot com, get your hands on the car now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Despite the core Smash fanbase's vile hatred against the FE characters, almost whenever I discuss Smash with more casual everday people, the FE characters are almost always the most popular. I hear a whole lot of "Smash Bros? Oh yeah, Ike's my favorite" and so on.

Casual players don't have the weird and unhealthy obsession with "representation (but only when it comes to franchises)", they just see "Cool new character"

Dutch Raikuna

Fire Emblem is a great series to me but it has a bit bumpy in my interest. Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku you three might be interested to hear.

Got into with Melee of course and Castle Siege in Brawl was one of my favourites. I played a bit of the GBA games on an emulator. Start of 2014, picked Awakening up along with Burnout Paradise, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Far Cry 3 but got a bit into it but felt boring to me. Traded it in a year later which I regret.

Got Fates but I made the mistake of getting it the same day as Uncharted 4. Ended up playing and completing it come Christmas time, just Birthright and Revelation to check off the list.

Bought Shadows of Valentia but just didn't feel up for it, after games like Horizon, Nier Automata, Persona 5 and a number of games that were near 10/10 came out. I traded the game in early this year.

Bought FE: Warriors on the same day I bought my own Switch with Mario Odyssey and beaten it. Those two and AC: Origins were a perfect palate cleanser for what ended being my biggest game of the year; Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

When Fire Emblem Three Houses got announced it was the only trailer from E3 to tear me up and it became my most anticipated game of 2019. I went Black Eagles and then I slowly started losing interest before the timeskip. I love the game but I just felt off with it, I regret completing it. That and Death Stranding were my two most anticipated games that year, so I was just mixed on both in different ways and regret it.

I love Fire Emblem and I'm very supportive of the series and will always be. Just a bad run of luck getting and completing them

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Hey man, thanks for liking my idea of a Maneater sequel.^-^

Got a little question here for you:
If you had to visit a Region and fight an Apex Predator, which would you pick?
Regions

1. Boiling Outback (Has no apex predator and where the tutorial takes place.)
  2. Murky Bog
  3. Arid Savannah (Would have animals like lions, giraffes, wildebeest and hippos.)
  4. Emerald Jungle
  5. Ruby Coast
  6. Diamond Currant
  7. Prism Reef (Basically a big colourful coral reef.)
  8. Topaz Docks (Industrial area taking place in docks.)
  9. Polluted Depths (Would have lots of junk and filth everywhere.)
  10. Lazuli Deep (Big big ocean like the Gulf.)
  11. Ancient Ocean (Secret Region after beating game, has prehistoric sea animals)
  12. Frozen Sea (1st DLC set in the Arctic)
  13. Dark Trench (2nd DLC takes place in deeper ocean.)
Apex Predators
  • "The Flesh-eating Cannibal... the Piranha!" (Murky Bog)
  • "The Big Mouthed Tank... the Hippo!" (Arid Savannah)
  • "The Amazonian Serpent... the Anaconda!" (Emerald Jungle)
  • "The Underwater Acrobat... the Dolphin!" (Ruby Coast)
  • "The Speedy Swordsman... the Sailfish!" (Diamond Currant)
  • 'The Slippy Trickster... the Moray!" (Prism Reef)
  • "The Aquatic Whip... the Thresher!" (Topaz Docks)
  • "The Feral Junkie... the Tiger!" (Polluted Depths)
  • "The Titan of the Seas... the Blue Whale!" (Lazuli Deep)
  • "The Prehistoric Ruler... the Mosasaurus!" (Ancient Ocean)
  • "The Tusked Terror... the Walrus!" (Frozen Sea)
  • "The Mythical Legend... the Kraken!" (Dark Trench)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
PlayStation getting ready to make their move...but will it be as good or better than the one Xbox decided to pull?

...it ****ing better be. $299 and $499 is the way to go for two separate consoles...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Fire Emblem is a great series to me but it has a bit bumpy in my interest. Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku you three might be interested to hear.

Got into with Melee of course and Castle Siege in Brawl was one of my favourites. I played a bit of the GBA games on an emulator. Start of 2014, picked Awakening up along with Burnout Paradise, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Far Cry 3 but got a bit into it but felt boring to me. Traded it in a year later which I regret.

Got Fates but I made the mistake of getting it the same day as Uncharted 4. Ended up playing and completing it come Christmas time, just Birthright and Revelation to check off the list.

Bought Shadows of Valentia but just didn't feel up for it, after games like Horizon, Nier Automata, Persona 5 and a number of games that were near 10/10 came out. I traded the game in early this year.

Bought FE: Warriors on the same day I bought my own Switch with Mario Odyssey and beaten it. Those two and AC: Origins were a perfect palate cleanser for what ended being my biggest game of the year; Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

When Fire Emblem Three Houses got announced it was the only trailer from E3 to tear me up and it became my most anticipated game of 2019. I went Black Eagles and then I slowly started losing interest before the timeskip. I love the game but I just felt off with it, I regret completing it. That and Death Stranding were my two most anticipated games that year, so I was just mixed on both in different ways and regret it.

I love Fire Emblem and I'm very supportive of the series and will always be. Just a bad run of luck getting and completing them
For what it's worth, I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan myself (at least not yet) and I really only love Three Houses.

I've completed Blazing Sword and got near the end of Binding Blade but kinda forgot about it. Also own Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Warriors but I haven't invested much time into them, although maybe that'll change once I'm through with the Crimson Flower route in TH.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
byleth's inclusion didn't really do anything for me tbh

i wasn't even MAD about them or anything, i was just like

"oh"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom