• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What if you saw Mario in real life?
I would probably be like....

8CAC12F7-B80C-45DA-81F7-F14E9DBD1DB3.gif

Mostly because his head would be ginormous compared to his actual body and he probably would smell like burnt mushrooms. Honestly, I would probably be repulsed by him.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Rivals of Aether is having an announcement stream on Tuesday. I'm assuming it's a release date for the Definitive Edition on PC and Switch, though I'm not sure if there'd be more beyond that. (I'm not sure if that alone would be enough for a full stream when a Tweet would suffice)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, we know Ike fights for his friends. That’s quite admirable but to what level of friendship do you have to have in order for him to fight for you? Like besties and close friends? Or will he stick his neck out for those he had met like a few times but they are friends on EmblemBook? We really need an Ike Relationship Simulator to discover this burning question.

Rivals of Aether is having an announcement stream on Tuesday. I'm assuming it's a release date for the Definitive Edition on PC and Switch, though I'm not sure if there'd be more beyond that. (I'm not sure if that alone would be enough for a full stream when a Tweet would suffice)
The year is 2020 and more games and developers are releasing more content and news than Nintendo. Nintendo definitely lost 2020 so far.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah I'm gonna jump off the forums for tonight.

Just a lot of stuff happened today, which is very rare for me. IRL friend issues (unpredictable hard boy person, half a year younger than me), job advancements and the stupid mistake of walking about 6 miles from one town to another.

Still despite the mix of good and bad, a part of you wishes they were more frequent. I guess that's being human I think.

Take care my friends and goodnight from me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ya know that reminds me I’ve been meaning to pick up that game on steam and try my hand at modding so I can shill my favorite obscure card game characters make meme characters and see what happens really.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly like this idea of Asura's Wrath being set in the DC Universe simply as just another planet like others in DC. Also thought this would make for an interesting premise.

Asura's Wrath/Green Lanterns crossover.

Summary: After being betrayed by his closest comrades, rather than gaining help from a certain golden orb spider, instead Asura's rage is so great it draws the attention of a red lantern ring he comes in possession of gaining him even greater power then he had ever imagined. On top of this newfound power, he gains new allies in the form of the Red Lantern Corps led by Atrocitus and his cat Dex-Starr having never sensed such rage in the universe coming to offer him to join their corps and assist him in getting revenge on those that wronged him.

This crossover alone would be worth it for potential satisfying moments of these I came up with.

-Olga turns around to come face with Dex-Starr who hisses at her then proceeds to vomit blood on her, before she can react, he then slits her throat causing her to choke on her play dying, Deus seeing this becomes enraged to watch his lover die a horrible humiliating death and of course, he gets denied his revenge on the cat leading to his misfortune.
-Dex-Starr mauling, maiming, crawling, and biting at that Sergei's face leaving it beyond recognition. The psychopath would deserve it.
-Augus deciding to side with the Red Lantern Corps after being manipulated by Atrocitus who says there are even greater fights outside of the universe than the ones he and the Seven Deities use to defend Gaea against.
-A moment where Mithra pets Dex-Starr softening his hateful heart.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
To all Chuggaaconroy fans:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 baby!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Final plug for my AMA since it ends tomorrow.

Once again I'd like to thank my bud Smashing Ramano for hosting this thing and all the people who showed up to ask me questions. Y'all are the GOAT.

Slime Master

Smash Ace

Yooo, they're finally going to announce how much the milestone system costs

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To all Chuggaaconroy fans:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 baby!
XCX fans probably aren't going to be happy at all if he skips right to XC2 lmao.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ok so regarding what I posted earlier today, apparently another person had a tweet about Sabi so I’ll share it here so y’all know what I was talking about:

They have proof too:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got another drawing finished. My Samus and Dark Samus fan-art.

I drew this as a pencil sketch first, now it's in color. Until I get more commissions in, I miiiiiiight take a break for the weekend, or at least do more stuff that were my own ideas.

:over9000:

Other than that, I've been watching some more of 90's Iron Man. The 2nd Half of the show is way more interesting than the first half. I think shrinking down the number of characters in each episode did numbers for it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, that's never mattered before. They showed off Terry the same week POKEMON released.
I dunno, at this rate I’m seriously starting to consider we’re not getting FP7 until January. There have been a tooon of opportunities in the last few months to reveal em but they just haven’t. I refuse to believe that at this rate FP7 is not like at the final stage of development. It’s been almost 3 months since Min Min, and that would mean FP7 has been in development for roughly 4, which is more than enough time for a single character+stage. So it’s really just a matter of “when will Nintendo show it?”

Shroob

Sup?
Really? I could have sword.... I remember coming on here and being like "they won't show Terry off so close to Pokemon!"... I guess I could have still done that with that timescale. Heck. Even I don't know what I'm doing most of the time.
People didn't know, we just knew "November", and people were freaking out that Terry 'had' to come before Pokemon.

Well, he did, by a week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's this game called Starbuster that seems pretty cool too. It's mostly the the MMZ titles from what I saw. I should probably finish my current run of Super Mario World first before diving into other stuff. I'm probably rusty as hell when it comes to games now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash can **** off cause Mario and Zelda alone need to continue being glory hogs...it is a must have

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno, at this rate I’m seriously starting to consider we’re not getting FP7 until January. There have been a tooon of opportunities in the last few months to reveal em but they just haven’t. I refuse to believe that at this rate FP7 is not like at the final stage of development. It’s been almost 3 months since Min Min, and that would mean FP7 has been in development for roughly 4, which is more than enough time for a single character+stage. So it’s really just a matter of “when will Nintendo show it?”
There's no way it's being saved until January, I'll go ahead and say THAT much.

While it could still work, we flat out have NateDrake confirming there's 1 more character coming this year, and in regards to what he knows about Nintendo news atm, his track record is very good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Goblins.

Lost Tapes: "Goblins"
Subject matter: Goblin
Summary: A woman wakes up in the middle of the night to hear the sounds of stuff breaking. Under the assumption of a break-in, she calls for help, she soon finds her culprits to be mischievous and small but otherwise vicious creatures from European folklore.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So like, when are we getting Crown Tundra news?

Yeah, remember that? It looked actually really good, like the best Pokemon put out in years, and here we are now left in radio silence.
Eventully

My guess is sometime this month or early next. It seems like they've opened the floodgates and just started dumping the **** that they've been holding onto for months.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man this Tangled show's intro needs to chill cause Rapunzel is killing that solo

D

Deleted member

There's no way it's being saved until January, I'll go ahead and say THAT much.

While it could still work, we flat out have NateDrake confirming there's 1 more character coming this year, and in regards to what he knows about Nintendo news atm, his track record is very good.
Personally I think it's within the realm of possibility but I'm betting on something before December at this point. If not then I'm outta here, at least in terms of speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I do think though

All things considered, this has been one of Nintendo's weakest years since the WiiU... There's just not much to show for it.

Animal Crossing was big, no denying that, but Origami King, while not bad, still has a lot of bias against it, and..... Do we count the Xenoblade remake as a 'new' game or....?

Pokemon DLC is.....there I guess. 2 Smash characters(so far) with 1 bonus stage.

Ports of Pikmin 3 which is nice.

Hyrule Warriors BotW will be big, but it's gonna be a mixed bag. If you're a fan of BotW or Warrior games in general you'll like it, but not everyone really cares for those kind of games.

...and then the Mario Collection, which, while I'll probably get it... really feels kinda yucky tbh. I can harp on it being 60 bucks when a game like 64 has been sold for less in the past by Nintendo themselves, I can harp on both Crash and Spyro being SEVERELY graphically overhauled and both being cheaper... but I can't abide by it being TIME LIMITED on DIGITAL.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Chances are Nintendo's promotions and game releases will do better once the pandemic starts to wane out.

Could they have done better with communication this year in spite of the ongoing pandemic this year? Yeah, probably, but it is what it is, I suppose.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Goblins.

Lost Tapes: "Goblins"
Subject matter: Goblin
Summary: A woman wakes up in the middle of the night to hear the sounds of stuff breaking. Under the assumption of a break-in, she calls for help, she soon finds her culprits to be mischievous and small but otherwise vicious creatures from European folklore.
Lost Tapes April Fools Day Special

Do you believe in Magic? In a young girl’s heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom