• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Personally I think it's within the realm of possibility but I'm betting on something before December at this point. If not then I'm outta here, at least in terms of speculation.
It 'would' line up... if this were 2019's schedule, where we were getting a character about once every 2-3 months... but we waited 3 months between news on "It's ARMs" and MinMin coming out, and it's almost 3 months since MinMin and nothing to show for it.

At this current track record, if the next character is delayed until next year, there's just no way that the FP will end in 2021 and it'll have to have its final date extended into 2022.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A part of me thinks Nintendo is going to pull the same stunt they did with the Wii version of Mario all stars with 3D all stars.

Say it's limited edition to boost early sales, then do a general release a few years later to make even more money off of people who didn't get it the first go around.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do think though

All things considered, this has been one of Nintendo's weakest years since the WiiU... There's just not much to show for it.

Animal Crossing was big, no denying that, but Origami King, while not bad, still has a lot of bias against it, and..... Do we count the Xenoblade remake as a 'new' game or....?

Pokemon DLC is.....there I guess. 2 Smash characters(so far) with 1 bonus stage.

Ports of Pikmin 3 which is nice.

Hyrule Warriors BotW will be big, but it's gonna be a mixed bag. If you're a fan of BotW or Warrior games in general you'll like it, but not everyone really cares for those kind of games.

...and then the Mario Collection, which, while I'll probably get it... really feels kinda yucky tbh. I can harp on it being 60 bucks when a game like 64 has been sold for less in the past by Nintendo themselves, I can harp on both Crash and Spyro being SEVERELY graphically overhauled and both being cheaper... but I can't abide by it being TIME LIMITED on DIGITAL.
Honestly, it is noted on now nearly everything went wrong with this year.

Smash DLC started with Byleth, already off on a bad note, the Mystery Dungeon remake was nice, but niche. Then COVID ruins everything past July. Animal Crossing was huge, yet incomplete despite having a delay. There was Xenoblade which is again, niche, then there was Isle of Armor, which, while good, only lasted like 5 hours (plus is SwSh as well, so...), then Min Min who was mostly a distraction at most. There was that godawful Pokemon Direct that came out a week later. Then there's Origami King, great game, but Nintendo tried their hardest to kill it for some reason (they failed), and then... nothing.

And now we have a limited release game (???), and a BoTW prequel that's Hyrule Warriors sequel, a game that's fun it mashy nonsense depending on the person.

That's it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Smash DLC started with Byleth, already off on a bad note, the Mystery Dungeon remake was nice, but niche. Then COVID ruins everything past July. Animal Crossing was huge, yet incomplete despite having a delay. There was Xenoblade which is again, niche, then there was Isle of Armor, which, while good, only lasted like 5 hours (plus is SwSh as well, so...), then Min Min who was mostly a distraction at most. There was that godawful Pokemon Direct that came out a week later. Then there's Origami King, great game, but Nintendo tried their hardest to kill it for some reason (they failed), and then... nothing.

And now we have a limited release game (???), and a BoTW prequel that's Hyrule Warriors sequel, a game that's fun it mashy nonsense depending on the person.

That's it.
Maybe we should all ask for 2021 to be worse so that we get a better year.

Shroob

Sup?

That's it.
I honest to god think the only reason it's Limited is because this year's been pretty ****, so they're cashing in on the FOMO of "Get it now... before it's gone!"

I can't say for certain, but I bet after awhile, probably closer to the end date, they'll either extend the final date, or just remove it outright citing fan demand as the reasoning.

D

Deleted member

That's it.
man it feels like this entire year has gone slowly ngl. everything before New Horizons feel likes years ago to me.

Although it's mildly ironic how New Horizons getting delayed was one of the big things that made it so successful: a game about chilling with furries on an island coming out when almost the entire world is in chaos and turmoil? Perfect.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe we should all ask for 2021 to be worse so that we get a better year.
Um... I think we're missing some steps here
I honest to god think the only reason it's Limited is because this year's been pretty ****, so they're cashing in on the FOMO of "Get it now... before it's gone!"

I can't say for certain, but I bet after awhile, probably closer to the end date, they'll either extend the final date, or just remove it outright citing fan demand as the reasoning.
So the NES and SNES Classic then

D

Deleted member

I still think the Physical copies will be Limited to retain some collect-ability, but something tells me the Digital won't be.
I never buy digital so that's a big rip to me. Don't think it would be worth it to make this the exception either.

Shroob

Sup?
Imagine if they didn't though.

That could be the very first time where a Mario RPG outsold a 3D Mario game on the same console.

That would be wild.
Considering the Collection's already sold out on Amazon, something tells me that the Collection already is making a mad sprint.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine if they didn't though.

That could be the very first time where a Mario RPG outsold a 3D Mario game on the same console.

That would be wild.
That would imply there's a Mario RPG on the switch, but we haven't gotten a new Mario and Luigi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, finally can type more on here.

I love the new list. I can revive a lot of decks to Advanced now. But the biggest thing is I can use my Rusty Bardiche I bought just before the list banned it. I got a ton of Makyura from Battle Packs, and they're honestly still very useful.

Double K

Smash Lord
Fun Fact: Every console that had Paper Mario had Smash, and at least 2 3D Zeldas.

This is also true vice versa.
64: Paper Mario 64/OoT + MM
GCN: TTYD/Master Quest + Wind Waker + Twilight Princess
Wii: Super Paper Mario/Twilight Princess + Skyward Sword
3DS: Sticker Star/OoT 3D + MM 3D + Link Between Worlds + Triforce Heroes (Warriors Legends omitted)
Wii U: Color Splash/A bunch of other HD remakes + BotW
Switch: OK/BotW, upcoming BotW2

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, finally can type more on here.

I love the new list. I can revive a lot of decks to Advanced now. But the biggest thing is I can use my Rusty Bardiche I bought just before the list banned it. I got a ton of Makyura from Battle Packs, and they're honestly still very useful.
Useful? Yes.

Will it see use?....ehhhhh... doubt it.

Gotta burn your normal summon for it and it's not like most decks run traps that can even benefit from it's effect. Hell, I don't think most Meta decks even use Trap cards atm aside from Eldlich, and they don't want it.

D

Deleted member

Smash DLC started with Byleth, already off on a bad note
I thought Byleth was a nice reveal, but the toxicity after Byleth's release was dreadful. When Byleth was released, complaints were everywhere on Twitter.

I'm not saying you have to like Byleth, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I thought Byleth was a nice reveal, but the toxicity after Byleth's release was dreadful. When Byleth was released, it was everywhere on Twitter.

I'm not saying you have to like Byleth, by the way.
I can see the appeal, and I'm happy FE fans finally got the weapon triangle represented...

Eight characters later

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do think though

All things considered, this has been one of Nintendo's weakest years since the WiiU... There's just not much to show for it.

Animal Crossing was big, no denying that, but Origami King, while not bad, still has a lot of bias against it, and..... Do we count the Xenoblade remake as a 'new' game or....?

Pokemon DLC is.....there I guess. 2 Smash characters(so far) with 1 bonus stage.

Ports of Pikmin 3 which is nice.

Hyrule Warriors BotW will be big, but it's gonna be a mixed bag. If you're a fan of BotW or Warrior games in general you'll like it, but not everyone really cares for those kind of games.

...and then the Mario Collection, which, while I'll probably get it... really feels kinda yucky tbh. I can harp on it being 60 bucks when a game like 64 has been sold for less in the past by Nintendo themselves, I can harp on both Crash and Spyro being SEVERELY graphically overhauled and both being cheaper... but I can't abide by it being TIME LIMITED on DIGITAL.
Things likely would have been a little smoother without the COVID. But for sure that this was a mostly slow year. And for me personally, not much to actually give a **** about. Cause I have zero interest in playing Animal Crossing myself. We already know Metroid had to be restarted, so who knows when that'll drop. Only recently did people get a look at Shin Megami Tensei 5. But then who knows for sure. Games as a whole this year has been slow for many reasons. Not just the COVID. Though No More Heroes 3 is another example of a delay. And if I remember correctly, so is Guilty Gear Strive.

There's also the fact that Microsoft and Sony alike are gearing up for their next consoles, and while there's a few holiday titles, you can expect quite a few titles to be 2021 now. You basically have Ghosts of Tsushima as a Swan Song, Samurai Jack as a diet Ninja Gaiden, and a few interesting indie titles, like Panzer Paladin.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm waiting to see if Capcom will have more than RE8 at TGS. That's the main thing I'm looking forward too.

D

Deleted member

That is something you have the power to do.

Get involved if you want to get involved. Especially now, helping others is something that goes a long way.
I'm only 17, and I'm quite awkward.

What do I do?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To all Chuggaaconroy fans:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 baby!
Hmm...

Now, I be very happy if it's XB2

But I still be kind of sad for XBX fans, and also, is XB2 + Torna really that long?

Plus the way he say "2 story" make me think both story are quite big. While Torna as a decent length storywise, it's definitly shorter than base XB2, and that's without counting the bonus-DLC content in base XB2.

Then again, I just wake up, so maybe i'm seeing further than I should.

So we see in time.

Also, 'sup folks, night almost ruined because of mosquito, but otherwise i'm kewwwwwwwl.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Useful? Yes.

Will it see use?....ehhhhh... doubt it.

Gotta burn your normal summon for it and it's not like most decks run traps that can even benefit from it's effect. Hell, I don't think most Meta decks even use Trap cards atm aside from Eldlich, and they don't want it.
I can easily use it with my Warrior builds. Goblindbergh/Marauding Captain/Motivating Captain to summon out Makyura, use its effect later on for... anything, while summoning out Isolde. It's honestly just what I need for extra oomph. Albeit, my Warrior decks were more of a fun lower meta thing anyway. Just the fact it's useful for Links is nice. TGU -> Sangan has better plays by far lately, though. I can also use it for generic Link 2's with stuff like Summoner Monk as well. No denying it's pretty bleh either way. Like, Sangan/Witch are better regardless, due to more utility.

Anyway, I'll have to look into the right build stuff for Rusty Bardiche.

Shroob

Sup?
I can easily use it with my Warrior builds. Goblindbergh/Marauding Captain/Motivating Captain to summon out Makyura, use its effect later on for... anything, while summoning out Isolde. It's honestly just what I need for extra oomph. Albeit, my Warrior decks were more of a fun lower meta thing anyway. Just the fact it's useful for Links is nice. TGU -> Sangan has better plays by far lately, though. I can also use it for generic Link 2's with stuff like Summoner Monk as well. No denying it's pretty bleh either way. Like, Sangan/Witch are better regardless, due to more utility.

Anyway, I'll have to look into the right build stuff for Rusty Bardiche.
I mean, what traps are you running is the thing?

If you're running a for-fun warrior combo deck, seems a bit backwards to run traps when you want as many extenders and starter cards, ya know? I guess you could use cards like Back to the Front(Does new Makyura only work for Normal traps? Dunno), but I'd imagine your deck would be similar to Gouki linkspam/Infernobleknights, and neither of those decks run traps because they'd just get in the way.

As for Rusty, PK Fire is 100% back. 2 Graff and Cir, 3 Tour Guide and new PKs in the upcoming set, it's gonna be fun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm only 17, and I'm quite awkward.

What do I do?
I don't know about where you are but where I am there's a large demand for volunteerism right now, even virtually. Even just searching for "online volunteering" and then your location would probably yield results.

Of course, in-person volunteering might help you work on socializing, if that is something you'd like to work on. But right now safety is paramount, so if that's not something you're comfortable with, at least there's the online stuff.

For example, I helped deliver food for a bit, and that really had minimal interactions with people, since everyone's trying to keep their distance these days. But that also depends on what sort of transportation you have at your disposal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, what traps are you running is the thing?

If you're running a for-fun warrior combo deck, seems a bit backwards to run traps when you want as many extenders and starter cards, ya know? I guess you could use cards like Back to the Front(Does new Makyura only work for Normal traps? Dunno), but I'd imagine your deck would be similar to Gouki linkspam/Infernobleknights, and neither of those decks run traps because they'd just get in the way.

As for Rusty, PK Fire is 100% back. 2 Graff and Cir, 3 Tour Guide and new PKs in the upcoming set, it's gonna be fun.
Makyura is any kind of trap. Counter, Continuous, Normal

Yeah, it's mostly combos. An earlier list destroyed my Synchro options, and I don't mean GUB being banned. I moved it to Traditional at that point. Norden? I can deal without it. Level Eater? Damnit. Dandylion? Never actually used it, but thought about it. Instant Fusion? Only needed one by default anyway. Brilliant Fusion? Damn, I had a Black Luster Soldier Earth idea that was killed with it gone. Since I run BLS and all.

Rusty's a lot easier to figure out, though I forgot entirely what my idea was back then before it got banned. But I got enough cards from the Gold Series to put something together fast. Gouki doesn't interest me. I'm using more classical Earth warriors. My main Warrior deck is a unique one, since it focuses on some very old cards as a part of it. Not meant to be more than casual and "eh" anyway. I mean, its core monster is Succubus Knight(who I did make work back when Ultimate Offering was at 1+), and I actually have used Garma Sword to get around stuff like Mystic Mine, so it serves its purpose. The fact it's a pricey card now more than ever is a fun thing. Hell, I got two Garma Sword and two Garma Sword Oath. I hope it gets a reprint soon, on another note(in Speed Duels).

...But yeah, I have a lot of decks.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I've been craving something different to play, so I've been playing Fortnite, and I just deleted it after getting 70 hours in it.
784a02d6fe55c109834eb3d33e6311b9.jpg
I just can't deal with this **** game. The Marvel thing is cool though. But this ain't my thing. I need cash so I can get a good game.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Y'know, it's amazing how all it took to fix the issue with my monitor's refresh rate was to check to see if the DP cable was properly connected so that it was displaying via DisplayPort 1.2 instead of HDMI 1.4

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's something I learned today:
The dung beetle is the first known species to navigate using the Milky Way. They orient themselves to the bright stripe of light generated by our galaxy, and move in a line relative to it. They also use the symmetrical pattern of polarized light that appears around the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom