• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I woke up in the middle of the night after crazy dreams, then stayed awake for a while unintentionally, then fell back asleep, then woke up for work this morning, then fell back asleep to catch up, and now I'm awake again.

It's been a wack past 8 hours for me lol

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem is a great series to me but it has a bit bumpy in my interest. Wademan94 Wademan94 @Lamperouge and @Smashing Ramen you three might be interested to hear.

Got into with Melee of course and Castle Siege in Brawl was one of my favourites. I played a bit of the GBA games on an emulator. Start of 2014, picked Awakening up along with Burnout Paradise, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Far Cry 3 but got a bit into it but felt boring to me. Traded it in a year later which I regret.

Got Fates but I made the mistake of getting it the same day as Uncharted 4. Ended up playing and completing it come Christmas time, just Birthright and Revelation to check off the list.

Bought Shadows of Valentia but just didn't feel up for it, after games like Horizon, Nier Automata, Persona 5 and a number of games that were near 10/10 came out. I traded the game in early this year.

Bought FE: Warriors on the same day I bought my own Switch with Mario Odyssey and beaten it. Those two and AC: Origins were a perfect palate cleanser for what ended being my biggest game of the year; Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

When Fire Emblem Three Houses got announced it was the only trailer from E3 to tear me up and it became my most anticipated game of 2019. I went Black Eagles and then I slowly started losing interest before the timeskip. I love the game but I just felt off with it, I regret completing it. That and Death Stranding were my two most anticipated games that year, so I was just mixed on both in different ways and regret it.

I love Fire Emblem and I'm very supportive of the series and will always be. Just a bad run of luck getting and completing them
Just like what you said, I got into the Fire Emblem series since Marth and Roy's inclusion in Melee. My first Fire Emblem title which I purchased was the Game Boy Advance version sixteen years ago and that is where I gained further interest in the franchise.

D

Deleted member

It was pretty tough deciding: But I’m finally getting a Satin Tower deck box for my MtG deck. The smaller Ultra Pro ones keep messing with my sleeves(although they’re the perfect size for my double sleeved VG Decks so I’ll just use em for that) so I figured now’s a good time as any to do it. Also might buy some Inner sleeves soon so I can double sleeve my Knight Tribal deck. :tomnook:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Sky Serpent.

Lost Tapes: "Sky Serpent"
Subject matter: Sky Serpent
Summary: A young pilot looks to set off the world record for the longest flight time in a single take-off in a small specifically designed plane setting out in California, planning to make a full loop back several times. While flying somewhere over Russia, his piloting skills are soon put to the test when he finds himself under attack by a flying serpentine creature.

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that one of the things I'm most proud of in my life is the fact that I've never got stung by an insect?
Same! I tend to avoid bees and wasps.

Wasps are terrifying though. I remember for a while I was in a vacation house, and I heard buzzing. I thought it was the old washing machine, but it was a wasp chilling right next to me the whole time.

Now I want to never go back to that vacation house ever again.

Seriously though, how did that wasp not sting me? I was moving around and stuff.

Also in terms of Byleth, they were released when I was in the Three Houses hype train, so that was very nice!

The toxic discourse that filled social media was very dreadful though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently, today is National Video Games Day in America, for some reason. While I'm not sure why (and it's not like we need an excuse to talk about video games around here), what games are you all playing (or planning to play) this weekend?

I think I might focus on Super Mario 64. I didn't own the game on the Nintendo 64 (we got the system late into its lifespan, and my brother and I didn't have a ton of spending money so our purchases were limited), so I haven't played it all the way through yet. I got it on my Wii U a while back (I was worried that the Wii U's shop channel wasn't going to have as much advance notice before closing as the Wii's did), so I'll play through as much of that as I can. (I'm just about to enter the first Bowser level)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Apparently, today is National Video Games Day in America, for some reason. While I'm not sure why (and it's not like we need an excuse to talk about video games around here), what games are you all playing (or planning to play) this weekend?

I think I might focus on Super Mario 64. I didn't own the game on the Nintendo 64 (we got the system late into its lifespan, and my brother and I didn't have a ton of spending money so our purchases were limited), so I haven't played it all the way through yet. I got it on my Wii U a while back (I was worried that the Wii U's shop channel wasn't going to have as much advance notice before closing as the Wii's did), so I'll play through as much of that as I can. (I'm just about to enter the first Bowser level)
I plan on grinding some quests and bounties in Destiny 2, and then following that up with some Sonic Adventure. Also gonna work on slowly 100%ing Sonic Forces.

Oooh, first time playing through Mario 64? My first time playing through it was waaaaay back when I was like, 5 or something I think. I borrowed a copy from my brother-in-law and it was probably the very first video game I have memories of completing. It holds a special place for me because of that. I hope you have fun with it! :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pokémon Masters has an Event going on with the Aether trio. Where the story is they enter a event for families to work together to win and:
8447A3D7-7DA2-4C28-AED2-48517E0B077D.jpeg

Brendan is the only person to enter with someone not blood related because he sees Wally as that much of a brother.

Thats pretty wholesome.

D

Deleted member

I hope this vent isn't annoying, but why do I have to be so uncool compared to all of you?

I feel like I am filled with controversy and drama, while all of you are beloved by everyone, and basically little to no drama happens in here without me.

I'm blocked and disliked by many users that I was close to in here. Uggh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just came up with some more Lost Tapes premises.

Already got them written down. Still got more ideas that came to mind, more to come eventually. :D

D

Deleted member

I hope this vent isn't annoying, but why do I have to be so uncool compared to all of you?

I feel like I am filled with controversy and drama, while all of you are beloved by everyone, and basically little to no drama happens in here without me.

Seriously. People are telling me I am not judged and welcome, but when I do a dumb moment in a certain server or in here, the blocks and hatred are thrown right at my way.

Am I cancelled or not?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

You're putting everyone on a pedestal while at the same time making yourself like satan or somethin'.

When true is, everyone of us as flaws and you aren't the worst person to ever live. (I'm sure that not everyone like me, 'cuz there is posts I remember I made being really dumb with hindsight and I wish I could have writted better, or just not wrote it at all)

Also, while I do feel like this at time, peoples not answering you doesn't mean they 100% dislike you or because what you say is dumb/wrong. Sometime, peoples don't answer posts for trivial reasons, like doing something else, forgetting or not being sure what to say.

Really, the only thing you need to ""fix"" about yourself is your self-esteem, don't assume the worst of yourself everytime, play it nice & chill, & peoples will come naturally to you. Of course, it's not a quick fix, but nothing that is really great is easy & quick to get, and it's never too late to start improving.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seriously. People are telling me I am not judged and welcome, but when I do a dumb moment in a certain server or in here, the blocks and hatred are thrown right at my way.

Am I cancelled or not?
Not everyone will like you; Unfortunately, that's the way of life, and it's a pretty hard pill to swallow. As long as there's still two people on the planet, one will be a complete asshole to another. But, and I know it's kinda hard to do, but the moment you realize that and block out the people who will come at you for no reason, the moment your life will get a whole lot better. It's not instantaneous, oh no, but it's a process. I'm trying to teach myself that too.

Also, "we're" beloved by all? Dawg, there's probably people on this very site who want me dead because of my race lol. Not everyone here loves me, lol.

D

Deleted member

You're putting everyone on a pedestal while at the same time making yourself like satan or somethin'.

When true is, everyone of us as flaws and you aren't the worst person to ever live. (I'm sure that not everyone like me, 'cuz there is posts I remember I made being really dumb with hindsight and I wish I could have writted better, or just not wrote it at all)

Also, while I do feel like this at time, peoples not answering you doesn't mean they 100% dislike you or because what you say is dumb/wrong. Sometime, peoples don't answer posts for trivial reasons, like doing something else, forgetting or not being sure what to say.

Really, the only thing you need to ""fix"" about yourself is your self-esteem, don't assume the worst of yourself everytime, play it cool, & peoples will come naturally to you. Of course, it's not a quick fix, but nothing that is really great is easy & quick to get, and it's never too late to start improving.
It's not just my self-esteem that is an issue. People just take issue with me in general.

I just feel like there is a bias against me in here. I'm not saying people have to care and love me. I know people will hate me and want me dead. For example, I was blocked by over 500 people on Twitter. I was blocked by my friends, and people that sound interesting. It is a good thing I deleted my account.

I have been called all sorts of names too, like I was called a nazi, lesbophobe, manipulative, a stalker, a Russian bot, the worst person, and more worse names by people on Discord and Twitter, yet I never really see any of you called those terms.

I'm sorry for venting. It's hard for me to stop, because I cannot really express my feelings anywhere else. I haven't been to therapy in a while because of COVID-19.
Not everyone will like you; Unfortunately, that's the way of life, and it's a pretty hard pill to swallow. As long as there's still two people on the planet, one will be a complete asshole to another. But, and I know it's kinda hard to do, but the moment you realize that and block out the people who will come at you for no reason, the moment your life will get a whole lot better. It's not instantaneous, oh no, but it's a process. I'm trying to teach myself that too.

Also, "we're" beloved by all? Dawg, there's probably people on this very site who want me dead because of my race lol. Not everyone here loves me, lol.
If I block out the people that hate me or find me annoying, then I wouldn't be able to talk to most of you.

If there are people that want you dead because of your race, then they are very evil. The people that hate me and block me aren't evil.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I woke up in the middle of the night after crazy dreams, then stayed awake for a while unintentionally, then fell back asleep, then woke up for work this morning, then fell back asleep to catch up, and now I'm awake again.

It's been a wack past 8 hours for me lol
I've been there. Had some real weird, vivid dreams lately too.

Dreams are weird.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This day is a coffee kind of day.

Except I've already had coffee and yet I still feel like my brain is coasting and I'm still not feeling the best. RIP.

D

Deleted member

I don’t wanna call anyone out in particular, but if you think you’re the only one around here who’s caused drama, you’re greatly mistaken.
Okay, drama can occur, but it is very little drama usually. When huge drama happens, it is mostly my fault.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's not just my self-esteem that is an issue. People just take issue with me in general.

I just feel like there is a bias against me in here. I'm not saying people have to care and love me. I know people will hate me and want me dead. For example, I was blocked by over 500 people on Twitter. I was blocked by my friends, and people that sound interesting. It is a good thing I deleted my account.

I have been called all sorts of names too, like I was called a nazi, lesbophobe, manipulative, a stalker, a Russian bot, the worst person, and more worse namesby people on Discord and Twitter, yet I never really see any of you called those terms.

I'm sorry for venting. It's hard for me to stop, because I cannot really express my feelings anywhere else. I haven't been to therapy in a while because of COVID-19.

If I block out the people that hate me or find me annoying, then I wouldn't be able to talk to most of you.

If there are people that want you dead because of your race, then they are very evil. The people that hate me and block me aren't evil.
Question: why would you want to talk to someone who hates you?

D

Deleted member

Finally got the stuff I ordered last week for my Knight Tribal Edh, and from what little solitaire I’ve done it’s pretty good(especially for a budget deck I haven’t spent even $25 dollars on)

Def needs some improvements if I want to be “that guy” in my playgroup who builds the most annoying meta stuff every, but for right now I think I’m fine with the deck as is. So now I need to start getting supplies for it :) Just bought a deck box for it so I mainly need to replace the current sleeves and maybe double sleeve it? Not sure just yet.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay, drama can occur, but it is very little drama usually. When huge drama happens, it is mostly my fault.
No, I can easily say that big drama can happen without you.

Again, you think of yourself as a doom magnet - probably because of what peoples named you on Twitter or Discord (tho Twitter is a place that should be avoided when it come to serious discussion anyyway, and discord server can be really hit or miss from what I seen) - but truth is, you saying something isn't automatically bad, and if we hated you, we wouldn't try to talk to you.

D

Deleted member

Question: why would you want to talk to someone who hates you?
Because, what if I like them and care for them?
Again, you think of yourself as a doom magnet - probably because of what peoples named you on Twitter or Discord (tho Twitter is a place that should be avoided when it come to serious discussion anyyway, and discord server can be really hit or miss from what I seen) - but truth is, you saying something isn't automatically bad, and if we hated you, we wouldn't try to talk to you.
I'm just afraid of my wrong actions. I am trying to move on from them, but I cannot. They made an impact on me.

I view myself as a doom magnet, because when I get close to most people, they either don't care, hate me, or block me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Am I cancelled or not?
I’ve seen no one hating on you in this thread. If you’re talking about that one Discord server you’ve brought up, I really think you should just avoid those people; they’re not friends. None of us are perfect, we’ve all made mistakes, and even if we do the best to be likable or see no reason why our true selves would be hated on, there’s always gonna be someone who doesn’t like us for some reason. Just like how I’m sure there’s people we don’t like much whether it’s because of rude behavior or something, even if we still hope they’re okay.

Just focus on those you love and know like you.

As for Twitter and stuff like that, don’t take people blocking you and stuff too personally. There’s a lot of toxic people who will block you for the simplest things, even if you’re not trolling or raging or putting others down or anything like that. If you’re trying to make a new friend, but they’re against/intolerant of your views or something and don’t like you, just avoid them, find someone else. I think people’s replies to you in here are proof you have friends here, though, even if we’re online strangers for the most part (though still friends in a sense, I don’t know a good term for this. Acquaintances, I guess).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shiny...you're doing it again.

That self destructive behaviour I told you about, you gotta stop beating yourself up!
I'm sorry for causing this mess, but it is difficult for me not to.

I’ve seen no one hating on you in this thread. If you’re talking about that one Discord server you’ve brought up, I really think you should just avoid those people; they’re not friends.
The one I brought up a week ago or so? I mean, it depends. I had to leave because of harassment, but some people still miss me. They are letting me know in DMs. However, things could go wrong if I return, so I won't.

I'm more concerned about the two Discord servers I got banned from.
Just focus on those you love and know like you.
If I do, then it will end up being rough, and they will hate me. Basically, I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I feel most people don’t really mind you that much, and I haven’t really seen anyone “hating”
on you(even I can admire how willing you are to self-reflect, blocked or no)

Overall I feel you’re beating yourself up over an issue that isn’t as severe as you think. You can’t please everyone so why try? Just stick to who you are and it should be fine!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@ShinyLegendary I got to ask: have you asked for professional help IRL?

'cuz as someone like me who got something wrong in is brain & caused mulitples peoples in my life to dislike/not care about me due to my stupidity/problems. I can assure you the right psychiatrist can & will help you deal with your problems

I know it's easier said than done, I really do, but strangers on the internet can only help you so far. I don't say to be mean, I swear, human contact is a whole lot different & healtier imo than alot of relation online, even if it's your family/friends or the peoples you talk at work, it can really mean the difference. (and yes, I know Covid make it really hard atm, but there's gotta atleast a few peoples you know irl who can talk to you, no?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom