• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So cheap Chinese Gravy Chip, got my course results and introduced a few more friends to my story.

A day of small victories.

Now I think some Hitman 2 and Sakura Wars is in order! Or a lie down.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So basically for university, I have to do a maths essay that's due for the end of this month.

So I chose a topic (differential equations if you are wondering) but the problem is I keep procrastinating and now I've been doing little to no work on this essay.

It's such a pain honestly, all the references I find are meh or I have to pay for them, I don't even know how to structure the damn essay and I don't know how to approach this topic.

Sigh.
I remember having to study differential equations in Calculus once.

Then I made the mistake of taking a Discrete Mathematics course first semester in college.

It was a experience dealing with sets, logic, and other crazy things.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Unfortunately, I'm going back to school in person. The school seems to be enforcing good guidelines, but I don't really trust high schoolers to follow them, especially in the area I live.
Wait you take spanish?
Not who you responded to, but I took Spanish last year, and I'm taking Spanish II this year. I can't speak it fluently at all, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My sleeves for my D-hero deck finally got here.... after almost 3 days of waiting after everything else got here. This is gonna be so much fun..

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’ll take “or”.
Congratulations, you’ve reached the backrooms.
But I want Professor Layton/Ace Attorney crossover 2 first.
Fair enough. Sucks that it’s never happening 😔

But for some actual discussion, let’s say Phoenix gets in. His default appearance is his look from the original trilogy. He has one alt and one alt only.
Which would it most likely be?
-Older look
-Hobo Phoenix
-College Phoenix
-Apollo Justice
-Bandage Apollo
-Edgeworth
-Ryūnosuke

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll likely be unsuccessful at this, but I'm going to try to watch tomorrow's Indie World Showcase spoiler free. Work will make it a challenge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping they reveal a Switch port of Hylics 2 tomorrow.

Also one of the Youtubers who I follow got some Sort of early access to one of the demos for SAGE 2020, although It isn't the whole thing:

Gonna tag osby osby and Wademan94 Wademan94 as this fangame really interests me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They added Cyrus to Pokémon Masters with Palkia. An interesting choice but the explanation is apparently he was about to summon Giratina and then Hoopas rings took him. It also has a cool story of Cynthia and Cheryl teaming up to stop him.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Y'know, I've really been loving all these Fall Guys crossover costume concepts that have been popping about:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So yesterday, I 100% Chapter 4/Purple Streamer of Origami King.

Truth is, I'm a bit of a completionist, and I do like 100% games that I liked, and thankfully, Origami King has a lot to keep me busy without overbloating it like Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild did.

Also, thus game highlights something that I don't think any other First party Switch game has: this game has a built achievement system, and imo, it's works really well. In a way, I wish other Switch games had an achievement system like that game does.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tried playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, particularly the characters who weren't in Street Fighter 2. I tried playing as Oro, Urien, and Q, though it seems like it will take a while to get used to the newcomers in SF3.

I have trouble with using charge characters and grapplers, and it seems like a lot of the characters outside of Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Chun-Li fall into one of those categories. The main exception seems to be Sean, and by my limited understanding, I'm pretty sure he's a joke character in Third Strike. (Not sure how Ibuki plays)

Then again, I'm still experimenting with the roster, so maybe I'll find one that fits me. I'd just rather not fall back on Ryu, Ken, Akuma, or Chun-Li when they added so many new characters.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's a slow night.

Just been chipping away from Ghost of Tsushima but wanna start something new. Already feeling burnt out on Death Stranding and Sakura Wars.

I could story work but brother's usual music antics. I can't wait for the day he moves out. It will feel beyond liberating.

I'm on such a Valkyria kick right now I started playing PXZ again because some of the playable characters in that game are from Valkyria.
View attachment 282558
Ain't gonna lie but it's kinda disappointing that Valkyria isn't in more crossovers. Think some of the characters would be brilliant in something like BlazBlue or Soul Calibur. I know Selvaria was in Fighting Climax but want more.

Or somehow despite the setting differences, a Sakura Wars/Valkyria Crossover would be nice.

Also, RIP Unreal Engine 4 on Apple products
Wow, Apple are really shooting themselves in the foot. That's what happens for asking too much of a cut I suppose.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I tried playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, particularly the characters who weren't in Street Fighter 2. I tried playing as Oro, Urien, and Q, though it seems like it will take a while to get used to the newcomers in SF3.

I have trouble with using charge characters and grapplers, and it seems like a lot of the characters outside of Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Chun-Li fall into one of those categories. The main exception seems to be Sean, and by my limited understanding, I'm pretty sure he's a joke character in Third Strike. (Not sure how Ibuki plays)
Yun, Yang, Makoto and Dudley may be good to try. All newcomers to SF3 (though they are also in SF4) and aren't charge characters. The first 3 have command grabs that are important in competitive play, but can totally be ignored if you're just fighting the arcade AI since it's not like you can condition them to block and then punish it. Makoto is probably my 3rd best character.
Hugo, Alex, and Q are the only real grapplers, and the latter two are far less traditional as grapplers. Urien, Oro, and Remy are certainly of the charge variety.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Its been a long while since I last played SF3. I'm still mostly familiar with Ryu and Ken's gameplay especially Yun and Yang's.

Anyways, I've been viewing the character episodes within Tekken 7 and I felt it was pretty lacking in contrast to its predecessors. Tekkens 4 and 5 had the best interpretation of character stories which include a prologue (with awesome background art) which tells their purpose for entering the King of Iron Fist Tournament, an interlude (in Tekken 5) and a CGI epilogue.

I just hope if they do Tekken 8, they might reconsider adding this feature which I highly enjoyed in past Tekken games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You the second we find you:View attachment 282560
I'd rather be that cute woman who was a mentor to Wright (maybe)...then died the next chapter or something like that

Also SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 looked at the first 2-3 episodes of Glitch Techs, and I gotta say...I ****ing love you and the death of Rise of the TMNT for having this show be seen by me. Great **** so far

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
didn't Lycric die...twice...and never got referenced ever again?
3DS? Probably as they had him fall from a great height. Wii U? No as he was just left tied up and his fate ambiguous.

Still probably won't ever appear again though since SEGA washed their hands of anything exclusive to those games, Lyric included, due to their bad reception. Which was ironically because their own mismanagement and not him, but I guess they wanted a scapegoat.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's weird that for two years in a row, there's been a movie for a TV show I enjoy that releases on the first weekend of the school year?

2019: Steven Universe The Movie
2020: Candace against the Universe

what's next, a Gravity Falls movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom