• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A huge chunk of content that you don't actually own. So it can be taken away at a moments notice if some out of touch executive has a bad day. I want to own my games. I always buy, you will never catch me paying for a service like this. And on top of that I also almost always buy physical. Digital sales are basically a raquet to get us primed for only paying for services like game pass and never actually owning our games. After all, why sell something to a customer once when you can rent it to them and they have to pay you forever!
If that’s a big issue just buy physically. No one’s forcing you to spend money on this service. Hell even I pretty much always buy physically, same as you.(that applies to card games too)

Like it’s always better to have more options. Want to play a large variety of games but don’t have the money to drop $300 on a large number of em? Xbox Game Pass.
Want to just play 1-2 games, finish them, then move onto the next? Buy physically/Digitally. Having more options isn’t a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If that’s a big issue just buy physically. No one’s forcing you to spend money on this service. Hell even I pretty much always buy physically, same as you.(that applies to card games too)

Like it’s always better to have more options. Want to play a bunch of games but don’t have the money to drop $300 on a large number of games? Xbox Game Pass.
Want to just play 1-2 games, finish them, then move onto the next? Buy physically/Digitally. Having more options isn’t a bad thing.
Like, that's what I do. But I worry sometimes that if enough people feed the beast then it will be the only option we have left. And considering how scummy it is as a buisness practice.... I don't like that idea.

D

Deleted member

Like, that's what I do. But I worry sometimes that if enough people feed the beast then it will be the only option we have left. And considering how scummy it is as a buisness practice.... I don't like that idea.
Again I don’t see how it’s scummy. Unlike buying physically you’re paying a significantly smaller price to gain access to a large library of games, for much... much cheaper than you would have had to spend buying physically. If you’re not playing the games you can just cancel the membership and just move on until you want to use it again. Nothing really scummy about that IMO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again I don’t see how it’s scummy. Unlike buying physically you’re paying a significantly smaller price to gain access to a large library of games, for much... much cheaper than you would had to spend buying physically. If you’re not playing the games you can just cancel the membership and just move on until you want to use it again. Nothing really scummy about that IMO.
Because you do not own it. You could love a game, play it constantly and every day. And because Phil Spencer stubbed his toe that morning it's no longer there and you can never play it again. That's why it's a scam.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My dream scenario would be Steven Universe season 4.5, a season of episodes that fit between Legs from Here to Homeworld and Change Your Mind. That set of episodes felt really rushed, and I feel like an extra season to fill it out would help. I also think it would lead to intresting episodes.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really a geographer you don’t see many people interested in geography that is genuinely fascinating to me

any Comedy, acting, and writing does indeed go brrrrr
I tend to read about cultures and history about some places. Plus being one of the common non-American users here my local history and all go brrr.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My dream scenario would be Steven Universe season 4.5, a season of episodes that fit between Legs from Here to Homeworld and Change Your Mind. That set of episodes felt really rushed, and I feel like an extra season to fill it out would help. I also think it would lead to intresting episodes.
I wouldn't want to do that to Zach Callison. You could tell the young Steven voice was killing his throat by the end. Really wish they had aged him up earlier.

No, my dream is for something that takes place after Future. A new season with a new story and a new villain.

And ideally, the villain would be whoever created the gem species in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Because you do not own it. You could love a game, play it constantly and every day. And because Phil Spencer stubbed his toe that morning it's no longer there and you can never play it again. That's why it's a scam.
But that’s not the point. The whole point of the Game Pass is to be the Netflix of video games: offering a wide variety of games as a service for a reasonable monthly price. Nowhere do you actually own the games, it’s just part of how it works. Sure occasionally games might be yoinked from the platform but that’s inevitable, physical or no. It’s not meant to be a platform where you only play one game and that alone: if you do you won’t really be getting your moneys worth.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, I finished watching the 2000's Fantastic Four cartoon. It's pretty good actually. Ben Grimm is a King, and if you don't like him, you have bad taste. I kind of wish it got to have more episodes, since it's probably their best adaptation on the whole so far.

Started 90's Iron Man, since I only watched a few episodes of it. First episode just dumps literally every character in your face right away. War Machine is still my boy tho. He's even voiced by James Avery.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wouldn't want to do that to Zach Callison. You could tell the young Steven voice was killing his throat by the end. Really wish they had aged him up earlier.

No, my dream is for something that takes place after Future. A new season with a new story and a new villain.

And ideally, the villain would be whoever created the gem species in the first place.
...I forgot about that. I guess they could edit Legs from Here to Homeworld to alter the voice, but that would be weird. And a new season-mid series can't have Spinel so it's trash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...I forgot about that. I guess they could edit Legs from Here to Homeworld to alter the voice, but that would be weird. And a new season-mid series can't have Spinel so it's trash.
I really wish Spinel had stayed a villain for longer then the movie. She would be SUUUUUUCH a good ongoing foe. Like, The Joker of Steven Universe. But nope. Everyone can be redeemed, yay! rolls eyes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really wish Spinel had stayed a villain for longer then the movie. She would be SUUUUUUCH a good ongoing foe. Like, The Joker of Steven Universe. But nope. Everyone can be redeemed, yay! rolls eyes
Spinel made for a great villain, but she deserved a redemption arc. I do agree there should've been a significant character that shouldn't have been redeemed, but I can't think of who.

I'd also think a series focusing on the origins of gemkind would be neat, but I'd rather fix something that's broken (the end of S5) then add something else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spinel made for a great villain, but she deserved a redemption arc. I do agree there should've been a significant character that shouldn't have been redeemed, but I can't think of who.

I'd also think a series focusing on the origins of gemkind would be neat, but I'd rather fix something that's broken (the end of S5) then add something else.
I really don't think there's much you could add in there. They were only on Homeworld for like, two days. And there's not much time in there to stretch out a whole season. Not to mention, I don't think the finale is AS broken as people like to say.

Dutch Raikuna

So guys been doing a bit more Ghost of Tsushima Photo Mode. It's something some of you guys aren't interested in but it means a lot to me.

Been playing around with a lot of the lighting, filter and weather effects. Think I'm getting better at this.

Ghost111111.jpg

Ghost222222.jpg

Ghost333333.jpg

I could do some visual effects with it but regardless I just love creating photos for it. This is probably a bad time to post but we'll see any voices from the crowd on it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Important information about a Discord person known as Shadowedgy:

20200818_014256.jpg

Since this involves the pile of **** who was Sabi I thought It would be important to let my Smashboards Friends know about It.

Sorry for the sudden controversy, but spreading the word about this is important.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If it was a scam they wouldn't communicate about games leaving the service and they wouldn't give a heads up about it in advance.
And honestly, if you loved said game, you'd take advantage of the discount that GamePass provides so you then own it and can play it even after it leaves the service.

Dutch Raikuna

Important information about a Discord person known as Shadowedgy:

View attachment 282580

Since this involves the pile of **** who was Sabi I thought It would be important to let my Smashboards Friends know about It.

Sorry for the sudden controversy, but spreading the word about this is important.
Dude, no offence but you being on the outer edge of that stuff is why I worry about you sometimes. Your doing a good thing but still.

Bloody hell Snake. You know they put out notices beforehand right?

Do I wish more games were on it for longer? Yes but calling it a scam is just taking the piss here.

D

Deleted member

Dude, no offence but you being on the outer edge of that stuff is why I worry about you sometimes. Your doing a good thing but still.
It's ok.

Been through physical and mental abuse during my past with my family and primary school years. This Shadowedgy thing is just like a walk in the park for me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd honestly consider Gamepass as one of the best subscription services out there period.

The amount of variety it has is insane. And unlike stuff like Netflix, it really isn't hampered down by other publishers making their own gaming services and locking their content on that (At least, not for now). You get what you pay for and more. Lots of essentials and heavy hitters + every new first party realeas day and date.

Did I also mention it's like 1 buck for your first month? I'd consider that a steal

If anything, it's a scam on Microsoft's end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel the Xbox game pass is well worth the money, coming from a guy who spends $100 of dollars a year on card games and literally cannot afford to spend even more money on Video Games. I’m legit considering picking up the service because it’s a cheap way to try out new games I otherwise would have automatically passed on due to my budget.(now if only I had an Android phone because Apple is a ***** with Stadia-like services)

Dutch Raikuna

It's ok.

Been through physical and mental abuse during my past with my family and primary school years. This Shadowedgy thing is just like a walk in the park for me.
So have I but you could try to cut the fat when you can. Just try and trim down on that. Always concerned about you on that stuff.

I'd honestly consider Gamepass as one of the best subscription services out there period.

The amount of variety it has is insane. And unlike stuff like Netflix, it really isn't hampered down by other publishers making their own gaming services (At least, not for now).

Did I also mention it's like 1 buck for your first month? I'd consider that a steal
Preach it Head Chef. Preach it.

Game Pass is is one thing I really wished PlayStation took greater advantage of cause no offence but PlayStation Now is kinda ****. And with it coming to Android via the cloud means it'll be brilliant for me as I can be able to play a few things again.

I'm sticking to PS5 for next gen but I'll be envious for some things coming to Xbox. Like Microsoft Flight Simulator.

D

Deleted member

Wizard101? More like... Grandmother’s Bizarre Adventure!
this is a terrible joke

D

Deleted member

My Solid Solider copies are a slighly different shade of orange from the rest of my cards and it’s killing me inside
FC35785F-260E-4365-A75B-B618E53A6669.jpeg

D

Deleted member

What did I miss, everyo-

The Game Pass is amazing, it is the reason why I can play so many of these Xbox games. The Game Pass is absolutely not a scam.

D

Deleted member

What did I miss, everyo-

The Game Pass is amazing, it is the reason why I can play so many of these Xbox games. The Game Pass is absolutely not a scam.
I mean apparently you missed me asking if you wanted to play terraria, but that’s not the topic right now... so uh...

Yeah, I agree. I’ve already went into detail bout it in the last page so theres really no need to type it all again.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The way Nintendo treats legacy content nowadays is depressing.

Like, they introduced the idea of selling ROMs via a store so people could have updated methods of playing games, and then all of a sudden this gen go "Nah lol we don't like money: Here's some NES and SNES ROMs every six months."

How did we get here when our starting point was the Wii's great VC. :drwtf:

D

Deleted member

The way Nintendo treats legacy content nowadays is depressing.

Like, they introduced the idea of selling ROMs via a store so people could have updated methods of playing games, and then all of a sudden this gen go "Nah lol we don't like money: Here's some NES and SNES ROMs every six months."

How did we get here when our starting point was the Wii's great VC. :drwtf:
I miss Wii VC tbh. I can’t play a bunch of classics like Paper Mario without selling my arm these days without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom