• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still uncertain if Nexomon: Extinction will be for me.

I got it digitally for $18 versus $30 physically so I can't worry too much.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yun, Yang, Makoto and Dudley may be good to try. All newcomers to SF3 (though they are also in SF4) and aren't charge characters. The first 3 have command grabs that are important in competitive play, but can totally be ignored if you're just fighting the arcade AI since it's not like you can condition them to block and then punish it. Makoto is probably my 3rd best character.
Hugo, Alex, and Q are the only real grapplers, and the latter two are far less traditional as grapplers. Urien, Oro, and Remy are certainly of the charge variety.
Sounds good - I'll try out Makoto next time I play the game.

I also gave Guilty Gear XX a try, focusing on story mode. I'm trying to get Sol's ending 1 (which I assume is his good ending - ending 2 resulted in him apparently erasing himself from existence by defeating his past self in a fight), but I have to beat it without using continues. I'm on Easy mode, but it's still frustrating since he has to fight what feels like three separate boss characters back-to-back. (Justice, I-No, and Order Sol) I might bump it down to Beginner difficulty, though I'm worried that it's going to be insultingly easy.

To round out my Switch fighting games, I'm still working on Skullgirls' tutorial mode. At least two of the tutorials are giving me trouble - canceling into air dashes (EDIT: beat it - no idea how I got the timing down, but it was either coincidence or me taking advantage of controller drift) and the extended combos in the Drama Gauge tutorial. (you need to pull off a fourteen-hit combo flawlessly when the combo uses every attack button with no pattern as far as I can tell, and you need to do that combo twice)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's weird that for two years in a row, there's been a movie for a TV show I enjoy that releases on the first weekend of the school year?

2019: Steven Universe The Movie
2020: Candace against the Universe

what's next, a Gravity Falls movie?
Don't give me hope for more Gravity Falls.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's weird that for two years in a row, there's been a movie for a TV show I enjoy that releases on the first weekend of the school year?

2019: Steven Universe The Movie
2020: Candace against the Universe

what's next, a Gravity Falls movie?
I really want to see more SU content. I really don't like how the series ended.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Trying to finish my first ever playthrough of Black Mesa that I started like four/five years ago.

I'm still roughly a chapter and a half away from finishing the game, but holy **** was Xen seriously worth the wait.

D

Deleted member

That new Bakugan game is only 78 days away yet we haven't heard/seen anything about the game aside from the teaser and the small Treehouse segment have we? I don't think it counts as an indie so we're sure as hell are not getting info tommorow.

I really just wanna see if it's gonna be bad or decent. a lot can change in a few months so I'm optimistic in the game's future.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the best shot for more SSU content is a spinoff. A full Lars of the Stars show would be fun
I don’t give a flying fart about Lars. Pardon the language. And I don’t think any of the Off-Colors would make good main cast members. Paparadcha’s one gimmick would get super old super quick, Rhudonite and Flourite are annoying, and the Rhutile twins are more boring then plain white bread.

D

Deleted member

There was something I wanted to do but now I literally just forgot what it was :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Frustrating that Xbox isn't saying what the price of Battletoads'20 is.

It's because it's gonna be on game pass isn't it? And they want to hook you into it rather then take your money for pre-orders isn't it? Which is really scummy considering how much of a scam Game Pass is.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
No I’m totally not sulking that no one wanted to sing with me...
Aw we'd all love to sing with you.

Problem is, no could probably sing here for the life of them.

hey HEY

next time I want worse language please
You telling me you want me to speak in my natural tongue?

Feck, feck, feck, feck, feck!

D

Deleted member

Which is really scummy considering how much of a scam Game Pass is.
A scam? The game pass isn’t really a scam imo. Now if it was like Stadia where you had to buy each game individually I would agree, but from what Xbox has said it’s more like Netflix where you pay a small fee to access a huge chunk of content for relatively cheap(er) than buying in bulk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A scam? The game pass isn’t really a scam imo. Now if it was like Stadia where you had to buy each game individually I would agree, but from what Xbox has said it’s more like Netflix where you pay a small fee to access a huge chunk of content for relatively cheap(er) than buying in bulk.
A huge chunk of content that you don't actually own. So it can be taken away at a moments notice if some out of touch executive has a bad day. I want to own my games. I always buy, you will never catch me paying for a service like this. And on top of that I also almost always buy physical. Digital sales are basically a raquet to get us primed for only paying for services like game pass and never actually owning our games. After all, why sell something to a customer once when you can rent it to them and they have to pay you forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom