• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought you were just a sensei but it turns out you also moonlight as an onee-san.
Look its summertime... And its a quarantine.

I gotta make money somehow.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys like to grind quickplay? If so, do you have any characters in elite?
I used to play some Quickplay, and as of me checking, I have Hero and Byleth in Elite.

I stopped playing Quickplay, because you can easily get punished for things you didn't do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Happy birthday Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei since I don’t know your first name I’ll let you find it here:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was going to comment on the possibility of the Scott Pilgrim game coming back, but I see that it's already been posted. Here's hoping that (if it gets re-released) it gets a Switch version, though I'd be fine with Steam. (and hopefully it includes all of the DLC - sprites for the playable versions of Knives and Wallace don't seem to be anywhere online)

Also, Rivals of Aether has a rough release date on Switch - at least it's clearer than "Summer 2020".

I haven't played Rivals of Aether, so I'm looking forward to it, even if I'm only familiar with Orcane (through Indie Pogo), Ori, and Shovel Knight.

Also, happy birthday, Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei !

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My fanfic that involves depression, its various symptoms, and how there is hope is finished.

And I'm hoping such a story can help encourage people, knowing that there is hope even when they are at their lowest low. But posting it must be handled with care and I'm hoping I got everything right. I'm nervous about this.

---
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Happy b-day

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Morning people. How are things?

Haven't been here as much due to work on the house but today should be here more often. Also close to finishing watching a 100% walkthrough of Paper Mario: The Origami King.
Been doing things so far this morning. I'm hoping the last 2 things I ordered finally ship and the rest of the D-hero stuff gets here today. Considering half of it got here yesterday(and they all are from Florida) they should be but it's not clear just yet.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm pensive. I want to post a story on AO3 that I've been working on that focuses on the various symptoms of depression and most importantly the healing that is needed and how you should never give up, but it's a very sensitive topic so I want to get everything right, and due to such I'm kinda nervous about posting it.

D

Deleted member

You know this is a card game I've always wanted to try out but never took the plunge because I know for a fact that I'm never going to actually play it because none of bushiroads card games are popular outside Japan.

I didn't know they made a KOF set, that sounds neat. I wanted to buy their Persona set, personally.
I dunno about saying Bushiroad's card games are never popular outside of japan. I've literally made references to VG everywhere at some point or another and 9/10 times people pick up on it. Even in my city people still have cards despite the fact no store sells it here. Weiss does cater a bit too much to anime for my tastes, which I imagine is why it's struggling to pull in players while VG is thriving and growing by the day.

The big thing about Bushiroad cards games... is that they're innovate, but at the same time they also manage to **** up supply and demand 10 times to hell somehow. It's a big issue with Weiss in particular when this happens:
Screenshot (13).jpg

However overall as long as you go for singles it's pretty cheap. I've built entire decks for $5 in the past: as proven right here:
Screenshot (14).jpg

And even then the most expensive decks max at around $500, a far cry from what that kinda money get in yugioh(maybe a decent amount of staples but not much) and veryyyy... veryyy... few decks actually go above $200. Anything above it is usually either price spikes or meta decks. it's one of the big reasons why I play VG moreso than any other card game, despite there not even being a local scene here: it's very affordable for the wee old high school kid that is me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Good afternoon people from the island of Ireland. Hope yous are doing alright.

It's my birthday today!
Happy birthday to my fellow Xenoblade fan.

Slow. Trying to figure out how to ask my IRL friend about meeting me and my best friend in town next week without her going "yeah I'll go" but then doesn't like most of the time.

Thinking of flipping the question and asking her when she is free but don't want to back her into a corner. She's the last connection to my old group so a bit stressful.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’ve always hated Oak for that one line. “Every journey begins with a choice.” Yeah, I can name a ton where that’s just wrong. Toon Link didn’t choose to have Aryll stolen by a bird. Samus didn’t choose to have her parents killed by a giant pterodactyl. Chell didn’t choose to become a test subject at Aperture Laboratories. Does that mean they never went on a journey?
You’re a ****ing idiot, Oak.

D

Deleted member

I’ve always hated Oak for that one line. “Every journey begins with a choice.” Yeah, I can name a ton where that’s just wrong. Toon Link didn’t choose to have Aryll stolen by a bird. Samus didn’t choose to have her parents killed by a giant pterodactyl. Chell didn’t choose to become a test subject at Aperture Laboratories. Does that mean they never went on a journey?
I think that line is moreso referring to the conscious choice to actually embark on that adventure. You can mope around and do nothing if you want for all of those examples, but for each of them it took a conscious effort to actually go out of their comfort zone and enter the "Special World" that each of them embarked in.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I think that line is moreso referring to the conscious choice to actually embark on that adventure. You can mope around and do nothing if you want for all of those examples, but for each of them it took a conscious effort to actually go out of their comfort zone and enter the "Special World" that each of them embarked in.
They chose to embark on those adventures instead of just going with the "keel over and die" option. Seems like a choice to me.

You can't choose your circumstances but you can choose how to react to them.
Fair enough. You could say that and it could apply to Toon Link or Samus. Toon Link didn’t have to go and save his sister. Samus didn’t have to go and kill Ridley several times. But I feel for Chell (and of course others), it was more a matter of survival. And if Oak is saying that you either choose to go on a journey or you choose to die, then he’s very wrong. It’s not exactly your choice to go on a journey if it means you’ll die if you don’t.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
They chose to embark on those adventures instead of just going with the "keel over and die" option. Seems like a choice to me.

You can't choose your circumstances but you can choose how to react to them.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
A choice is a choice regardless of the circumstances.
I don’t like that sentiment. Spoiler because this is a pretty dark example but I feel it proves my point
”She chose to submit to me instead of fight back, therefore it was her choice and absolutely was consensual.”
You see what I mean? Just because you’re put into circumstances in where you can’t really do anything doesn’t mean it was your choice to do whatever you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom