• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So apparently, before they decided to make Tokyo Mirage Sessions, they wanted to cross Fire Emblem over with Pokemon instead.... NGL, I kind of want them to do this now. Fire Emblem to me is kind of boring, but give Marth a Pokeball and all of the sudden it looks more interesting.
That's basically Pokemon Conquest, if you like the idea you might want to try it out. It has a ridiculous amount of content.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would that even work? The 2 franchises main things kinda conflict, what with FE being a board-game-esche strategy franchise with light visual novel elements on the side while Pokemon is a franchise based around 1v1 turn based combat, they just don’t function togheter. At least with what we got the Persona battle system meshes well with the FE characters but trying to pull that off with Pokemon x FE seems like a recipe for disaster.
Just give each unit a partner Pokemon. It's far from a disaster. It's just an extra element to strategize around.
That's basically Pokemon Conquest, if you like the idea you might want to try it out. It has a ridiculous amount of content.
I want it more to make Fire Emblem tolerable to my personal tastes.

D

Deleted member

Just bought some stuff to upgrade my D-Heros and some sleeves to go along with it...

It’s
Heated Heart
Emergency Call
Righteous Justice
Oversoul
time!

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I feel like a Fire Emblem Pokemon crossover just wouldn’t work. I understand you may want to make Fire Emblem more appealing to more audiences, but Fire Emblem is it’s own unique thing. Don’t play it if you’re expecting Pokémon or Mario. People know this. It’s specific tastes. By luring people in with Pokémon, you must realize that they’ll just run away again because they don’t like Fire Emblem. They like Pokémon, and they’ll only ever stick to the crossovers. It will do absolutely nothing to help Fire Emblem itself.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I have a really funny joke, but it won’t make sense unless a certain character gets in Smash Bros.
Character I’m talking about has about a 2% chance of making it in.
I hate this

D

Deleted member

So with the advent of my new D-hero stuff I now have 3 semi-viable decks for both Yugioh and CFVG, knocking 1 item off my long list of things I want to do. None of the decks are particularly expensive or even that strong(my highest value one is Cocytus Granblue at around $80, but I bought it for roughly $50 by sheer coincidence) but it’s still nice to finally have multiple playstyles I can switch to once the others start to get boring.

I would start working on MtG decks... but eh... Commander and my wallet don’t exactly go togheter. That, and most of my cards I have on-hand is like 80% bulk singles meaning I would basically need to build any Commander deck I want to build from scratch, and if you though Yugioh was complex in combos, oh boy, you haven’t seen nothing yet with Commander. weird jank “instant win” infinite combos are everywhere and even when they’re used against me I have no ****ing clue how they work! But I digress,

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How would that even work? The 2 franchises main things kinda conflict, what with FE being a board-game-esche strategy franchise with light visual novel elements on the side while Pokemon is a franchise based around 1v1 turn based combat, they just don’t function togheter. At least with what we got the Persona battle system meshes well with the FE characters but trying to pull that off with Pokemon x FE seems like a recipe for disaster.
Fire Emblem gameplay, but all your characters are pokemon. Replace weapon durability with pp.

It doesn't actually seem that complicated to me.

D

Deleted member

whelp
i got my butt handed to me, 0-2 for both of the matches i played
i feel like i should be sad or something but i'm just grinning, that was an awesome burst of energy and i'm honored to have been a part of the biggest tfh tournament to date

D

Deleted member

I was hoping we could duel
Not usually a fan of online methods of play. I prefer physical cards almost always. That said it wouldn’t be that hard to setup a discord call or smh, but I have other matters to attend to at the moment.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I bought it a few days ago but I look forward to playing Paper Mario: The Origami King. It's been so long since I played a Paper Mario game and certainly will bring out lot of nostalgia given it has aspects of gameplay from the first two games.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Kind of a tangent, but after playing the Pokken DX demo I've been thinking about how they could handle a sequel. The game is pretty unique in its fighting style, and while that's both a positive and negative since it has made it less friendly to jump into it also gives it a charm that no other fighting game has. I'd like to see that worked on further in a future game, and I feel making a new game would allow them to make the tweaks to the gameplay and content (like Single Player) needed to make it stronger.

Also, I want to see another sizeable set of Pokemon added to the roster. DX only added three (including DLC) on top of the Arcade four that were already created, so there wasn't as huge of a jump from where it was with the arcade version. There's so many Pokemon to add to the games with unique concepts to mess around with and it'd be exciting to see them just go wild with any of the options they chose. You could do so much with other Pokemon like making Lord Hydreigon use its three heads for different attacks and tactics, Feraligatr having a very aggressive playstyle influenced by its crocodile origins, or having Sirfetch'd dive into its lancemanship and make use of that large leek it carries at its side. It'd be fun to see where they could go with a bigger roster, and I hope TCPi gives them the chance to do it in the future.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how bad Prime 4 was before the restarted the entire game. It's not like Ninty to scrap a game like that, normally they just delay what they already have, so it must have been Big Rigs quality of bad for them to do something as extreme as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom