• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate when somebody asks me who I want as a square rep, and when I say “Neku Sakuraba”, I get a ton of people telling me how there’s no way in hell Neku is getting in over Geno, Sora, etc. Half the reason I want Neku is so I can just tell them I told them so if he ends up getting in.
I wouldn't mind Neku. Looks like an interesting character.
The Geno thing needs to run its course.
I really hope he's one of the six just to end it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I hate when somebody asks me who I want as a square rep, and when I say “Neku Sakuraba”, I get a ton of people telling me how there’s no way in hell Neku is getting in over Geno, Sora, etc. Half the reason I want Neku is so I can just tell them I told them so if he ends up getting in.
I'm in the crowd of wanting Neku a lot. The World Ends With You is such an important game to me and I would cry if he ever got in. So long as I be part of the Smash Speculation scene I won't understand the appeal of Geno. Outside of the devoted camp and to a casual 10 year old who's dad got him Smash Bros and "all the extra characters" he'd look interesting but to some people like me I don't get it.

If it was to me regardless, I'd narrowly go for Terra Branford before Neku or Sora.

I just want Paper Mario to be the Mario RPG rep. Just pull in the moveset from the 4 games that matter, and call it a day.
Yes. Out of all the crowd wanted, Paper Mario is a character I'm slowly warming up to as the Mario RPG rep. Ideally I want the Baby Bros (which along with Captain Toad, I'm surprised hasn't made it in) with a Partner's in Time inspired moveset.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Elevator Pitch: A Switch exclusive MvC style fighting game that takes characters from Nintendo, Capcom, SEGA, and Namco. I would also add in Square Enix, Konami, SNK, and Arc System Works, but I don't know how many moving parts such a project could have.
How many characters do you expect this to have?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I personally just don’t want a Mario RPG rep. Mario isn’t known for its RPGs and I’m fine with that. Paper Mario is alright, but I’d just rather not personally.

Also, anyone know what happened to Smashboards on mobile?

Dutch Raikuna

I personally just don’t want a Mario RPG rep. Mario isn’t known for its RPGs and I’m fine with that. Paper Mario is alright, but I’d just rather not personally.

Also, anyone know what happened to Smashboards on mobile?
How it can be glitchy and awkward? Yes.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
How it can be glitchy and awkward? Yes.
I haven’t been met with any glitches or anything similar, and I primarily use it on mobile. It’s just that now the layout is too wide and it shifts back and forth while typing.
I'm in the crowd of wanting Neku a lot. The World Ends With You is such an important game to me and I would cry if he ever got in. So long as I be part of the Smash Speculation scene I won't understand the appeal of Geno. Outside of the devoted camp and to a casual 10 year old who's dad got him Smash Bros and "all the extra characters" he'd look interesting but to some people like me I don't get it.

If it was to me regardless, I'd narrowly go for Terra Branford before Neku or Sora.
I never understood the appeal to Geno either, but I’ve never dismissed those who want him. I personally don’t have a strong connection to TWEWY. I just love the games! And Neku is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Only characters I really have a strong connection to are Chell, Steve, and Phoenix Wright. Those are who I would cry over. Although who knows. Depending on my mood, I might start shaking and crying if Neku gets in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don’t really see what PM could pull from Origami King aside from Thousand-Fold Arms somewhere
If they use the partners, then they can use the ones Origami King had, as well as the Vellumental powers since Olivia can use them.

If anything, it's be SS and CS that'd be hard, because there's nothing he can do in that game that the other games didn't already have, unless they use the Things, which have been phased out because nobody liked them.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just want Paper Mario to be the Mario RPG rep. Just pull in the moveset from the 4 games that matter, and call it a day.
I hate that this'll never happen, they'll probably just use a moveset based on the bad games and call it a day.

Dutch Raikuna

I never understood the appeal to Geno either, but I’ve never dismissed those who want him. I personally don’t have a strong connection to TWEWY. I just love the games! And Neku is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Only characters I really have a strong connection to are Chell, Steve, and Phoenix Wright. Those are who I would cry over. Although who knows. Depending on my mood, I might start shaking and crying if Neku gets in.
There are about 10 characters who I'd shake and cry if got in but I'll just go with the two I mentioned.

Neku - TWEWY is such an important game and it's themes came out to the 15 year old me when he had issues. The games is one of my favourite games of all-time. And I'm so excited for the anime.

Terra Branford - I only got about a 1/4 into FFVI but I fell in love with Terra ever since I saw her in Dissidia. I love her design, personality and character arc to pieces. She is also such a major influence on one of the main characters in my story. Her character theme is probably my all time favourite in the medium.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hate that this'll never happen, they'll probably just use a moveset based on the bad games and call it a day.
"So you might be wondering why Paper Mario's moveset is 100% Sticker Star based. Well, truth is, we tried adding in some partners from the 4 games, but Miyamoto busted in and shot and killed half of our dev team when that happened. We tried to add Bobby to gey past this, but Tanabe has been found dead after Miyamoto found out that he gave him an actual backstory, so we took that back. I am being held hostage in my basement, and being forcefed stickers to keep me working. Remember

All Hail Sticker Star. All Hail Sticker Star.
ALL HAIL STICKER STAR!"
-Sakurai in "Mr. Sakurai presents: Paper Mario"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How many characters do you expect this to have?
IDK. Probably UMvC3/MvC2 sized after all the DLC. Maybe 60/62 when all is said and done.
"So you might be wondering why Paper Mario's moveset is 100% Sticker Star based. Well, truth is, we tried adding in some partners from the 4 games, but Miyamoto busted in and shot and killed half of our dev team when that happened. We tried to add Bobby to gey past this, but Tanabe has been found dead after Miyamoto found out that he gave him an actual backstory, so we took that back. I am being held hostage in my basement, and being forcefed stickers to keep me working. Remember

All Hail Sticker Star. All Hail Sticker Star.
ALL HAIL STICKER STAR!"
-Sakurai in "Mr. Sakurai presents: Paper Mario"
This is probably what would actually happen with Paper Mario in Smash. Either that or he'd just be a Mario clone.
I thought there were only 2 Paper Mario games that mattered?

And as potentially interesting as PM could be, I'm still team Geno. Although a while back I imagined up a trio reveal trailer that gave us Geno, Paper Mario, and Fawful all in one. That would be neat.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
IDK. Probably UMvC3/MvC2 sized after all the DLC. Maybe 60/62 when all is said and done.

This is probably what would actually happen with Paper Mario in Smash. Either that or he'd just be a Mario clone.

And as potentially interesting as PM could be, I'm still team Geno. Although a while back I imagined up a trio reveal trailer that gave us Geno, Paper Mario, and Fawful all in one. That would be neat.
There are 3 Paper Mario games that matter. Saying there's only 2 is a thing only done by strawmen.

We don't talk about anything after super.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
There are about 10 characters who I'd shake and cry if got in but I'll just go with the two I mentioned.

Neku - TWEWY is such an important game and it's themes came out to the 15 year old me when he had issues. The games is one of my favourite games of all-time. And I'm so excited for the anime.

Terra Branford - I only got about a 1/4 into FFVI but I fell in love with Terra ever since I saw her in Dissidia. I love her design, personality and character arc to pieces. She is also such a major influence on one of the main characters in my story. Her character theme is probably my all time favourite in the medium.
Wow, you actually have a reason to start crying for certain characters. For me it’s just:
Phoenix: I grew up with and like the games a lot
Steve: I grew up with and like the games a lot
Chell: I grew up with the game and it had a huge influence on me and I still think of it to this day.
Edit: cut the stuff I realized nobody cared about

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

If you ask the fanbase, most will agree that SS never happened and CS wasn't really that important (whether it's good or not is debatable), and majority will say just skip to Origami King if you're gonna play through the series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know, I think I’m more than content watching Tom Fawkes play through the game. Doesn’t look like I’ll be missing only on much by not getting it myself. I’ve only seen like 7-8 hours so far but nothing has made me feel like I need to go out and get it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Imagine the salt of Neku gets in before Geno and Sora. The tears will be delicious :troll:

Speaking of the new legendary that's out, I'm working on getting a shiny Unown to trade. Hoping I can

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, all Origami King relies on is preferences. If you wanted TTYD2, you'd be disappointed. If you didn't mind the gameplay changes in Super, you'd probably like the game. If you liked Color Splash, you'd like it, and if you were eh on it, it's gonna be a tossup.

The game's not for everyone, I'll say that, but it's kinda in a Super situation where it's gonna be divisive as hell.

Until Paper Mario 7 comes out and everyone now suddenly holds Origami King as the pinnacle of the franchise like people did with Super when Sticker Star. Mark my words, this will hold true in the year 2030. Watch.

Look at me talking about Origami King again when I said I wouldn't.

Sorry guys.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even if it’s not like TTYD, it just doesn’t look like fun to play to me. The battle system and Toad finding just looks tedious and I can just enjoy the writing in online playthroughs.
Yeah, the battle system can get a bit tiring (bosses are lit though), and hot take, but the Toad Hunting is more fun than finding the moons in Odyssey. Er... postgame Odyssey that is.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Imagine the salt of Neku gets in before Geno and Sora. The tears will be delicious :troll:
I’ve never been one for enjoying other people’s displeasure, but if Neku were to get in, it would be amazing to see all of the people complaining that “nobody even knows who he is” and “he’s just sora with headphones”. A ton would blame Sakurai, and anybody who likes the characters inclusion is just a Sakurai simp.

Side note, who in gods name came up with the phrase “sakurai simp” when describing someone who’s content with the characters given to us? I just want to talk.

Dutch Raikuna

Imagine the salt of Neku gets in before Geno and Sora.
Ain't going to lie but that was my first reaction to Byleth.

I’ve never been one for enjoying other people’s displeasure, but if Neku were to get in, it would be amazing to see all of the people complaining that “nobody even knows who he is” and “he’s just sora with headphones”. A ton would blame Sakurai, and anybody who likes the characters inclusion is just a Sakurai simp.

Side note, who in gods name came up with the phrase “sakurai simp” when describing someone who’s content with the characters given to us? I just want to talk.
Drives me up the wall with all that and the trolling, some people need to learn some gratitude. Majority of the masses don't know who Geno, Sora or most of the roster/dream characters for that matter. It's when people send death threats and stuff to him is really just stupid. Like come on, learn some respect.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mind running that one back to me?
Sorry, I'm just really passionate about PM, as I have a ton of nostalgia for TTYD. I just didn't want people to get the wrong impression of me as I feel there's a big disconnect between modern and classic fans. That wasn't driected to anyone at all.

Unless I vastly misinterpreted your post.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Ain't going to lie but that was my first reaction to Byleth.

Drives me up the wall with all that and the trolling, some people need to learn some gratitude. Majority of the masses don't know who Geno, Sora or most of the roster/dream characters for that matter. It's when people send death threats and stuff to him is really just stupid. Like come on, learn some respect.
You’re right, but I feel the death threat stuff was different. Yes, it was terrible, but it happened only a few times with a single group of people. This is happening with a ton of people. So many people are trying their absolute hardest to convince us that what the Smash team is doing isn’t good enough and that we shouldn’t appreciate it unless it’s exactly what we asked for. And that we’re only defending Sakurai because we are a simp for him. It’s a very large group of people, I’ve met several, and they absolutely hate fun.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes people forget that that's an actual person behind the other screen. Then they try to act all big and tough, and then give death threats because they know they'll get their ass beat if they tried that irl.

Dutch Raikuna

Sometimes people forget that that's an actual person behind the other screen. Then they try to act all big and tough, and then give death threats because they know they'll get their ass beat if they tried that irl.
Yep, I've seen it. And be glad you live in a country like most in the West where you practically not even a slap on the wrist depending on where you are online, some fail to realise free speech works best for people with common sense. What's the point of being a troll anyway?

And also I know I'd get beaten the crap out of me if all of us were in a room IRL if I tried that.

As I've said before here, if you get your testosterone kick by being a **** online then you have some damn problems and really need to learn some humility in life.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Difference is, if any of these guys ever tried to touch Sakurai, then they’d be executed by the electric chair almost immediately.
But imagine being the judge. “We have several pieces of evidence which point to the defendant committing the crime.” “Your honor, we don’t have any form of motive.” “Actually, recent tweets from the defendant show that they were angry over the fact that the victim included Byleth, a controversial fighter to say the least, in Super Smash Bros’ payed DLC.”
Of course, these guys aren’t capable of killing anybody. They’re all talk. I just feel bad for Sakurai and his wife. I doubt they were scared, but something like that would have to sit in the back of their mind for the rest of that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom