• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What would your reaction be if it was announced that I, SnakeFighter64, was in charge of the next mainline Pokemon game?
I don't like Pokemon so I imagine I wouldn't be too terribly fazed by the announcement.

Good for you in securing the position though, I guess.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
What would your reaction be if it was announced that I, SnakeFighter64, was in charge of the next mainline Pokemon game?
I don't like Pokemon so I imagine I wouldn't be too terribly fazed by the announcement.

Good for you in securing the position though, I guess.
Same as my friend here for reaction. Outside of Pokemon Ranger and a Diamond/Pearl remake I don't care much for Pokemon anymore.

I'd be like "fair play to you" but I'd also be very, very concerned for your wellbeing. The death threats and stuff.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Considering how strongly opinionated you can be, I think I'd probably rather see you make your own series to match your own vision.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've seen your opinions on Pokemon. Hell no.

Edit: I know that's blunt, but I'm just being honest, Snake. I really do NOT agree with your opinions regarding anything Pokemon related.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m just dying at this lmao

edit: duck images broke

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Alright I’m gonna try once more with the whole image things, it’s something on my end apparently

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Pokymanz, you know what I'd really like to see in the next Pokemon games? Totem Pokemon, but as optional overworld minibosses. It'd be a really neat thing if you found, say, a slightly overleveled "totem" Snorlax sleeping on a bridge and defeating it allowed you access to a powerful TM, mega stone or some other goody, maybe even a mini dungeon. It'd be a neat challenge for those who want more difficulty in their pokemon game, and would be completely skippable for those who don't (and of course, you could always come back later with a higher leveled team).

I doubt they'll actually implement them like that though.

A smaller QoL improvement I think they should make is telling you a wild pokemon's level when you see it in the overworld without having to start an encounter first. I don't think that's an unreasonable feature to hope for.

Dutch Raikuna

I have no idea what Fall Guys is, but YouTube really likes recommending it to me.
It's a game that's been inspired by Japanese Game Shows (I posted Takeshi's Castle on the last page as an example, which people might have ignored.) and is a PS Plus game this month. Think of an obstacle course battle royale.

It's pretty good but can be a bit repetitive.

D

Deleted member

A smaller QoL improvement I think they should make is telling you a wild pokemon's level when you see it in the overworld without having to start an encounter first. I don't think that's an unreasonable feature to hope for.
*Cries in ORAS*
The radar was such a good feature, so of course they got rid of it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Pokymanz, you know what I'd really like to see in the next Pokemon games? Totem Pokemon, but as optional overworld minibosses. It'd be a really neat thing if you found, say, a slightly overleveled "totem" Snorlax sleeping on a bridge and defeating it allowed you access to a powerful TM, mega stone or some other goody, maybe even a mini dungeon. It'd be a neat challenge for those who want more difficulty in their pokemon game, and would be completely skippable for those who don't (and of course, you could always come back later with a higher leveled team).

I doubt they'll actually implement them like that though.

I kinda did like the part of Isle of Armor where you have to fight a boss Vespiquen to progress. I feel like having more wild boss Pokemon would make the game more alive in a way, especially since Pokemon is doubling down on the open world concept. Of course, there should be good reward to match it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
honestly i'm just surprised they acknowledged tippi
They actually do reference Super more than people think.

Color Splash had a level that's main gimmick was the Flip mechanic from Super Paper Mario. It was also the best level in the game. Peach's design and Lineland made a cameo in Origami King as well.

What's even stranger is that Sticker Star evem refrences the first two, as Goombella and Parakarry were mentioned in a level, but no Super references were in the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Or nothing if you toss her out. Literally the most worthless sacrifice in the series.

They should have replaced her with Goombella, now that would be interesting.
Huey would get ****ed though. Poor guy.
I hope I can write Scribble and Sketch in my Paper Mario game to be good tattle partners for :ultmario: & :ultpeach:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am curious on the 6% who voted for Kersti, and wonder if they misclicked trying to vote for Olivia or if they actually liked Kersti the most.

Or are joking and intentionally did that to make people mad.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, what did I complete? I got Alola Raichu in a Love Ball and Zarude. Don't really need Shiny Pikachu. So I guess back to the box the game goes for now, until the next good wild area update.

Dutch Raikuna

Was going to do my self block a bit ago but keep getting distracted so I'll do it as the last thing before bed.

Trying to do story research and in the background I can hear the bassing of whatever my brother is watching. Funnily I think it's The Irishman. Man text and headphones is all you need if you live in a household that isn't yours at night.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love that the exact version of Guile's theme that is used in the "Guile's Theme Goes with Everything" meme is in Smash Ultimate.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I hate when somebody asks me who I want as a square rep, and when I say “Neku Sakuraba”, I get a ton of people telling me how there’s no way in hell Neku is getting in over Geno, Sora, etc. Half the reason I want Neku is so I can just tell them I told them so if he ends up getting in.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I love that the exact version of Guile's theme that is used in the "Guile's Theme Goes with Everything" meme is in Smash Ultimate.
That's what I use all the time when I play on Suzaku castle.

Because as you know.

It goes with everything.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I hate when somebody asks me who I want as a square rep, and when I say “Neku Sakuraba”, I get a ton of people telling me how there’s no way in hell Neku is getting in over Geno, Sora, etc. Half the reason I want Neku is so I can just tell them I told them so if he ends up getting in.
The Geno thing needs to run its course.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator Pitch: A Switch exclusive MvC style fighting game that takes characters from Nintendo, Capcom, SEGA, and Namco. I would also add in Square Enix, Konami, SNK, and Arc System Works, but I don't know how many moving parts such a project could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom