• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
rip all the FE characters
then they get angry because roy got cut and demand roy back
and then roy gets chrom as an echo
and they demand lucina back because she’s cool
but you need marth first
and then the cycle repeats for infinity.

Eh, Corrin wouldn’t be the first one I’d cut.
but if we’re talking smash population? he’d be gone.
when sakurai said ‘you’ he means he’s gonna post some twitter polls, lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its been a while but more Lost Tapes premises I thought of.

Lost Tapes: "American Hyena"
Subject matter: Shunka Warakin
Summary: When a group of tourists and their tour guide in Yellowstone who went trail riding suddenly all goes missing. The national park rangers go in search for them, when they finally find them, they stumble upon a grisly encounter on what they assume to had been caused by the park's wolves or a grizzly bear only to eventually discover a pack of unknown predators thought to had been from tribes tales.

Lost Tapes: "Aswang"
Subject matter: Aswang
Summary: Following a series of unexplained murders and deaths in a village in the Philippines. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate. Their investigation eventually leads them to a folkloric legend that the natives frighteningly refuse to speak of that is responsible for the killings.

Lost Tapes: "Death Bat"
Subject matter: Ahool
Summary: A tourist group alongside their tour guide ventures deep into the rainforest of Java showing them the points and wonders of interest. When their attention draws them to the trees upon hearing strange howling noises, they dismiss the faces as nothing more than the native monkeys. The dismissal of this assumption soon is forgotten when what they thought were monkeys turns out to be creatures with large, bat-like wings with appetites big enough to be the tourists' and tour guides undoing.

Lost Tapes: "Ghost"
Subject matter: Ghost
Summary: A team that specializes in paranormal activity journeys to Ohio after receiving a call from a distressed father. Their attempts to help him and his tormented family eventually turn out to be more horrifying than what they were supposedly prepared for.

Lost Tapes: "Giant Spiders"
Subject matter: J'ba Fori
Summary: An explorer and his hired guide venture into the Congo despite hearing recent reports of missing people which they think nothing of. What they dismissed soon proves to be a mistake when they come upon large webs littered with both human and animal bones with escape immediately being the only thing on their minds.

Lost Tapes: "Hidebehind"
Subject matter: Hidebehind
Summary: A park ranger takes a group of girl scout rangers to a forest to do volunteer service. What they all thought was going to be fun work suddenly becomes a nightmare when the park ranger mysteriously disappears and they begin to hear strange sounds of something large and dangerous yet can't supposedly be seen.

Lost Tapes: "Kentucky Sasquatch"
Subject matter: Spottsville Monster
Summary: After a dispute between two friends from Henderson, Kentucky regarding the legend of the Spottsville Monster. Both decide to drive to the town where the incident took place to finally put it to an end. As they venture deep into the forest in search of the creatures, they soon realize the horrible mistake they had made which might cost them their lives.

Lost Tapes: "Killer Vine"
Subject matter: Man-eating Tree
Summary: An group of biologists travels to Madagascar to study both the endemic fauna and flora to unlock more secrets of why it's so unique compared to the rest of the world. Their studies eventually soon put on hold when each of the members begins disappearing one by one.

Lost Tapes: "Kitsune"
Subject matter: Kitsune
Summary: An archaeologist in Japan discovers a mysterious glowing ball while on his latest expedition. Knowing how much of a fortune he'll make, he decides to take it home with him to be displayed at his local museum. Things however take a turn when a mysterious entity straight from Japanese folklore begins to follow him wanting back is belongs to it going to extreme measures in order to do so.

Lost Tapes: "Lake Worth Monster"
Subject matter: Lake Worth Monster
Summary: A couple of friends attends a concert that comes into the Lake Worth area. When one of their friends mysteriously disappears, they go searching for him soon enough leading them to the sole cause of his disappearance when they find themselves at the mercy of a local legend that was thought to be nothing but just folklore.

Lost Tapes: "Mammoth"
Subject matter: Woolly mammoth
Summary: An adventurous vlogger who takes risks and danger as part of his internet channel travels to Siberia to explore its remote wilderness. Things, however, take a very dangerous turn when he gets himself involved with poachers which to his surprise are hunting ancient and long-thought extinct beasts from the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: "Missouri Monster"
Subject matter: Momo the Monster
Summary: During a hit and run. An escaped convict escapes into the woods being pursuit by two police officers. As they search for him, to their horror and shock, they suddenly find him dead having been killed by some creature they at first presume to had been a bear only to learn its something more terrifying than they ever could imagine when they begin to notice something big and humanoid watching and stalking them.

Lost Tapes: "Monster Worm"
Subject matter: Minhocão
Summary: After a series of sinkholes appear collapsing houses and other man-made structures in a town and nearby villages caused by unexplained tunnels being formed. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate. As they look further into this, their answers are soon proven when the source for this all comes in the form of an ancient underground Brazilian terror.

Lost Tapes: "Morgawr"
Subject matter: Morgawr
Summary: After the mysterious disappearance of a fishing trawler off the coast of Cornwall and crews calls from the radio of sounding like having been attacked by something. A maritime search and rescue team is sent in to investigate and search for any survivors unaware that they've entered the hunting ground of a mysterious predator responsible for the attack.

Lost Tapes: "Roc"
Subject matter: Roc
Summary: A bird watcher visiting Madagascar explores the island country for its endemic birds. Things start off normal when she suddenly spots a large bird that at first looks like an eagle, its upon further inspection that to her shock and disbelief, she sees it is carrying an elephant. Unsure what to think of this and do, she catches this all on camera and proceeds to show this discovery to the public, while on her way she comes upon a nest with massive boulder-like eggs. Getting back to civilization proves to be harder than expected when one of the eggs are accidentally broken.

Lost Tapes: "Siren"
Subject matter: Siren
Summary: During a sailing trip, a captain and his crew unexpectedly crash their ship on some rocks. While they call and wait for rescue. The men begin to act strangely and disappear being drawn to the beautiful voices, which to remaining survivors' horror are from avian creatures straight out of Greek Mythology.

Lost Tapes: "Oni"
Subject matter: Oni
Summary: A group of people part of a community club revolving around cultures all over the world travels to Japan to visit its landscape and learn more about its culture. While on their travels, they come upon a remote village as if lost in time, the villagers rather distinct and supposedly living as if under fear warning they should leave, dismissing what they think is nothing more but local folklore, they decide to look around before exploring outside the area, their curiosity attracts the attention of something ancient and very savage living in a nearby cave that has been terrorizing the village for centuries.

Lost Tapes: "Pukwudgie"
Subject matter: Pukwudgie
Summary: Following a series of unexplained deaths and fires reported in Manhattan around the Freetown-Fall River State Forest. The Enigma Corporation comes to investigate the source of these mysterious events. The investigation soon takes a worst turn when their local guide is found dead with a small dart in his neck.

Lost Tapes: "Shadow Stalker"
Subject matter: Shadow people
Summary: A family moves into their newly renovated home despite having an ominous feeling. They soon learn about the deaths of the previous owners that their retailer didn't tell them about once they discover a sealed room with old newspapers containing the articles revolving around it. Things take a turn for the worst when they begin hearing loud noises coming from another sealed room with dried blood and bones.

Lost Tapes: "Snoligoster"
Subject matter: Snoligoster
Summary: A couple of men crabbing in a Florida swamp begins to hear the strange sounds and bellows of what they at first assume to be the native alligators in the area which are dismissed. To their horror, they soon find that alligators are the least to worry about when the actual source of the sound comes from a creature far worst then what they could ever imagine.

Lost Tapes: "Tarasque"
Subject matter: Tarasque
Summary: An couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway. What should have been emotional and beautiful time turns into terror when they suddenly find themselves being terrorized and hunted down by a massive dragon-like creature.

Lost Tapes: "Wyrms"
Subject matter: Wyrm
Summary: What started off as a beautiful vacation in a secluded area somewhere near the Florida coastline becomes a death-filled disaster for a tour guide and his tour group when they stumble upon large carnivorous reptilian monsters that dwell in sinkholes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Legend of Blue Eyes, I think. This is the style of card I'm talking about:

And yeah, I actually own this card too.
yeah, looks about right. Most LOB stuff likely could fetch you a pretty penny.

Not as much as modern days card mind you(considering pretty much the entire set has been powercrept to pack filler levels of bad with the exception of Blue Eyes and Dark Magician) but as long as they’re near mint and first edition(gold border at the bottom right) you could sell em for a decent price.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man imagine if we lived in the world of Lost Tapes. Danger would be everywhere.

Aliens, shapeshifting reptilians who have infiltrated our society, vampires who live under you, all manner of formerly extinct and newly discovered animals want to eat and kill you, supernatural threats that drive you insane, every forest, swamp, city or desert having some sort of monster running around, and also literal gods running around, depending on your interpretation.

Certainly not a world you'd want to live in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what, I honestly should have asked this a long time ago:

Who actually plays TCGs here, besides me of course? just curious, for a few reasons.
I have a Yugioh and Magic the Gathering decks but I don't think they're updated to current formats.

I used to be a really serious Yugioh player (mainly during Dragon Ruler format to Nekroz format I think), and I've used to play on Dueling Network (RIP) and devpro (RIP). I do check out some new Yugioh cards if I'm interested in them but I haven't played much since link monsters came out.

Yugioh has been a big part of my life honestly and I might try to get into it again or rewatch the anime.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Over the course of a few days I’ve been called names because these random people think that a fictional character is more human than a terrible person. I’m about to drop it, but I really just don’t understand why so many people have convinced themselves that their waifu is practically real. Please, if you do this, stop. It’s unhealthy to truly think that a fictional character is more human than humans are human.

D

Deleted member

I have a Yugioh and Magic the Gathering decks but I don't think they're updated to current formats.

I used to be a really serious Yugioh player (mainly during Dragon Ruler format to Nekroz format I think), and I've used to play on Dueling Network (RIP) and devpro (RIP). I do check out some new Yugioh cards if I'm interested in them but I haven't played much since link monsters came out.

Yugioh has been a big part of my life honestly and I might try to get into it again or rewatch the anime.
To get back into the game I would 100% recommend looking up budget decks: Yugioh is still pretty expensive these days but a few archetypes such as Gouki, Fur Hire, D-Heros... uh... Demise.. Firewall Darkfluid turbo.. etc... can be built without breaking your wallet as long as you don’t go for expensive staples( I even built Gouki’s for under $10, although Crusadia is probably a better deck overall now)

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know what, I honestly should have asked this a long time ago:

Who actually plays TCGs here, besides me of course? just curious, for a few reasons.
I just bought a box of Rise of the Duelist. Pulled 3 secret rares. Twas nice.

...I should've gotten two boxes. XD

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Avengers beta is quite fun...only problems are the camera work and the graphics kinda look like MK11 on the Switch...tho the latter is likely just cause beta

brightside...Black Widow is ****ing op and Hulk seems like lowtier trash

D

Deleted member

I just bought a box of Rise of the Duelist. Pulled 3 secret rares. Twas nice.

...I should've gotten two boxes. XD
Wish I could afford to buy YGO boxes lol, those things are expensive for what you get. I usually just buy VG boxes because for $20-40 on average getting a decent core for a few specific clans(along with a specific VR boss for one of them) is very worth it to me.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
When I first saw everyone is here, after i calmed down from seeing Snake come back, my first reaction was "****, that means Corrin is back too".
..why?
he didn’t take any of your favorite character’s spot. since he was in smash 4, there were probably a ton of assets they could’ve just reused. if it had literally just been “everyone is here except corrin” then there’s a good chance that no character would take his place.
What’s the point of hating a character for literally no reason?? He’s there, so why not just leave him alone?

D

Deleted member

To get back into the game I would 100% recommend looking up budget decks: Yugioh is still pretty expensive these days but a few archetypes such as Gouki, Fur Hire, D-Heros... uh... Demise.. Firewall Darkfluid turbo.. etc... can be built without breaking your wallet as long as you don’t go for expensive staples( I even built Gouki’s for under $10, although Crusadia is probably a better deck overall now)
Cool, some of these archetypes are pretty similar to me so I'm interested in checking them out.

D

Deleted member

Cool, some of these archetypes are pretty similar to me so I'm interested in checking them out.
Let me know how it goes! :p
If you need help or want to test decks just let me know too. I’ll have time to myself later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This game looks freakin' incredible!
An INFINITELY larger step up from the previous Samurai Jack games (The Amulet of Time for Game Boy Advance and The Shadow of Aku for GameCube/PS2).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
..why?
he didn’t take any of your favorite character’s spot. since he was in smash 4, there were probably a ton of assets they could’ve just reused. if it had literally just been “everyone is here except corrin” then there’s a good chance that no character would take his place.
What’s the point of hating a character for literally no reason?? He’s there, so why not just leave him alone?
Honestly? Residual emotions. I really didn't like Corrin at the time and still... resent him (but not as much as Byleth). Like, I was just not prepared for him. Part of it was I thought the ballot winner was gonna be revealed first, and admittedly I was relieved when I found out he wasn't the winner. But it was still... I don't know. The game wasn't even out in America yet and I've never liked the idea of adding in a character from a long running series like that before they've had the chance to "prove themselves".

I've always thought Smash's rosters should all be evergreen, and with franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem that add in tonnes of new characters every single game; that you don't want to add someone from the brand new entry because... well... you don't know yet if they're going to be remembered in 10+ years and regarded as gaming icons, or if people are going to just forget about them when the new shiny installment comes along. I realize that this isn't something that Sakurai cares about, and a lot of people also don't care about, but it's just how I've always approached potential newcomers. In fact, when that rule was well and truly shattered by inclusions like Corrin, Incineroar, Joker, and Byleth (keep in mind I joined the fandom after all of Smash4's newcomers had been revealed and had like... no context for how old some of these series were), it began to feel like speculation had lost some of it's magic. If the gates are open to well and truly anyone... well to me that makes getting into Smash not mean as much.

Like, the commonly held belief when I came in was that if you got into Smash, you had well and truly made it as a game franchise. You had proven yourself one of gaming's greatest all-stars. Those invitations still enforce that idea, IMO. Taking that away makes the games feel more... corporate. Like, you don't have to earn a spot as long as daddy is rich enough to buy your way in. And Nintendo can just be the ultimate gaming stage mom by getting in characters like Corrin and Byleth who haven't earned their spot yet. Because they haven't been around long enough to earn it yet. At least, that's the way I see it.

Like, I'll give you an example. Hypothetically, if we were discussing adding an SMT character to smash, it would get us debating on the merits or each protagonist, discussing sales numbers and fan popularity and moveset potential. But now, the discussion really would only go as far as "the protagonist from 5. Because advertising". It just seams less fun to me.

But what do I know eh? Those are all just my opinions after all at the end of the day. And I do understand that it not only doesn't work this way, but that it never did. It's just like when you're a kid and you see Mickey Mouse take off his head at Disneyland for the first time. You're never quite the same, even though nothing has really changed. Corrin is when Smash took off it's mascot head to me. And there will always be a little bitterness towards that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly? Residual emotions. I really didn't like Corrin at the time and still... resent him (but not as much as Byleth). Like, I was just not prepared for him. Part of it was I thought the ballot winner was gonna be revealed first, and admittedly I was relieved when I found out he wasn't the winner. But it was still... I don't know. The game wasn't even out in America yet and I've never liked the idea of adding in a character from a long running series like that before they've had the chance to "prove themselves".

I've always thought Smash's rosters should all be evergreen, and with franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem that add in tonnes of new characters every single game; that you don't want to add someone from the brand new entry because... well... you don't know yet if they're going to be remembered in 10+ years and regarded as gaming icons, or if people are going to just forget about them when the new shiny installment comes along. I realize that this isn't something that Sakurai cares about, and a lot of people also don't care about, but it's just how I've always approached potential newcomers. In fact, when that rule was well and truly shattered by inclusions like Corrin, Incineroar, Joker, and Byleth (keep in mind I joined the fandom after all of Smash4's newcomers had been revealed and had like... no context for how old some of these series were), it began to feel like speculation had lost some of it's magic. If the gates are open to well and truly anyone... well to me that makes getting into Smash not mean as much.

Like, the commonly held belief when I came in was that if you got into Smash, you had well and truly made it as a game franchise. You had proven yourself one of gaming's greatest all-stars. Those invitations still enforce that idea, IMO. Taking that away makes the games feel more... corporate. Like, you don't have to earn a spot as long as daddy is rich enough to buy your way in. And Nintendo can just be the ultimate gaming stage mom by getting in characters like Corrin and Byleth who haven't earned their spot yet. Because they haven't been around long enough to earn it yet. At least, that's the way I see it.

Like, I'll give you an example. Hypothetically, if we were discussing adding an SMT character to smash, it would get us debating on the merits or each protagonist, discussing sales numbers and fan popularity and moveset potential. But now, the discussion really would only go as far as "the protagonist from 5. Because advertising". It just seams less fun to me.

But what do I know eh? Those are all just my opinions after all at the end of the day. And I do understand that it not only doesn't work this way, but that it never did. It's just like when you're a kid and you see Mickey Mouse take off his head at Disneyland for the first time. You're never quite the same, even though nothing has really changed. Corrin is when Smash took off it's mascot head to me. And there will always be a little bitterness towards that.
I mean, Roy got in Melee while his game wasn't even release and FE was pretty much unknown outside Japan at the time.

In other words, there was always some characters who were choosed for promotions purpose, rather to their game/own merits, ever since Melee atleast.

Soooo really, that "magic" you had pre-Corrin was never truly there, and honestly, I think it's better to just accept some characters are chosen for reasons we wouldn't necessary accept or see come in. As long as the character add something new and/or fun to Smash, they can have a place to the roster ( retro pick like Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt didn't got picked because they're popular or promote stuff, for exemple), atleast, that's how I see it.

Note tho that I'm not a fan of Corrin or especially Byleth lately, buuuut them being promotion pick are just minors problems in a list of others problems I got with them.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It never had the mascot head to be blunt, it's just people are always soo enamored or awe struck by the roster that they forget that we've had characters like Jigglypuff or Roy in since the very early days.

As much as I love her, what has Jigglypuff 'done' to deserve her spot? She was popular in Japan and appeared in a handful of season 1 episodes... but moreso than Meowth? No, she was put in because she was easy.

Same with Roy, he was put in for advertising purposes.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest and say I don't get the Corrin hate at all.

While Fates apparently was a bad game the character in Smash turned out to be really fun to play as. And they got revealed alongside a very Big and cool reveal (Bayonetta).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I definitely think that there are too many FE characters, but honestly, a new character is a new character. If they’re fun, I’m not complaining.

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
I was pissed when corrin got announced but he was pretty fun so I didn't mind it too much.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just gonna be the shallow one and say

Female Byleth hot

What? What? C'mon, even Fire Emblem Heroes isn't trying to hide it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gonna be honest and say I don't get the Corrin hate at all.

While Fates apparently was a bad game the character in Smash turned out to be really fun to play as. And they got revealed alongside a very Big and cool reveal (Bayonetta).
Corrin was also the 2nd to last character in the game, and he was from a game that both didn't release in most of the world, and a series people were getting tired of. Her concept is cool and all, but there's a reasom people don't like her.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I was pissed when corrin got announced but he was pretty fun so I didn't mind it too much.
I never even bought Corrin in sm4sh lol, same with Byleth so far
I don’t hate fire emblem just neither of the characters really interested me so I chose not to buy them.

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
I never even bought Corrin in sm4sh lol, same with Byleth so far
I don’t hate fire emblem just neither of the characters really interested me so I chose not to buy them.
Yeah but I like wasting my money so Sakurai can have my wallet

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What? What? C'mon, even Fire Emblem Heroes isn't trying to hide it.
I mean, they gotta tap into that horny/lonely nerd market that overlaps into Fire Emblem aka 90% of the fanbase, and Gacha+Bikini Girls = $$$.

Big brain marketing, more gacha 2D anime bikini girls = less of a chance your fanbase goes outside and finds a real three dimensional girl. BOOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom