• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Currently replaying OoT, and I'm having too much fun fighting against some ReDeads in the Royal Family's Tomb. Trying to sneak attack them, I mean.

Plus the screams. Smash Run?

The dead Dampé scared me more, especially considering I never met him like this before now.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We've been playing Smash these past few days. He actually asked me if you still use FB/Discord, and might have tried messaging you.
He just messaged me. We're chatting now about his future gaming PC.

He almost bought my old one like two years ago but couldn't promise when he'd be able to pay me and I'm cheap. :rolleyes:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sorry to hear. I was apparently somewhat in the same position yesterday too. Coming back from my trip after having an all-nighter at the airport. My body felt like total ****, had this sick feeling in my stomach too from having stayed up all night and eating too much.

Hope you feel better soon.
It's basically a mix of these things, I think:

1. Job searching being unsuccessful so far (major one)
  2. Loneliness (major one)
  3. Getting upset at myself for not improving in smash bros, based on match history
  4. Watching depressing shows lately that are completely void of any comedy (part of the reason why I dislike Ozark)
  5. No job at the moment means I'm less active, so I'm much more likely to feel "trapped" at home
  6. Being upset at myself for getting upset over small things (and large things as well)
  7. This feeling of anxiety and anxiousness just getting the better of me, causing me to be agitated and getting upset at people easily, which makes me dislike myself more
  8. How I should feel better about myself but I don't right now. It seems like I'm having a relapse concerning depression and low self-esteem
Basically a snow ball effect

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

3. Getting upset at myself for not improving in smash bros, based on match history
  4. Watching depressing shows lately that are completely void of any comedy (part of the reason why I dislike Ozark)
  5. No job at the moment means I'm less active, so I'm much more likely to feel "trapped" at home
  6. Being upset at myself for getting upset over small things (and large things as well)
  7. This feeling of anxiety and anxiousness just getting the better of me, causing me to be agitated and getting upset at people easily, which makes me dislike myself more
  8. How I should feel better about myself but I don't right now. It seems like I'm having a relapse concerning depression and low self-esteem
I can relate all too well...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Ah I get it now.

As said I hope things turn out for the better for you. Remember everyone's been in this position in some way in their life but despite the odds they including yourself eventually comes out on top.

That's what Rocky Balboa had taught me and why I look up to him as an idol of mine. :)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay this is just hilarious.
Well for Metroid fans' sakes I hope they reveal that much rumoured MP Trilogy cos damn, it's gonna be yeaaaars before we get 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
We're more likely to get Kingdom Hearts 4 before Metroid Prime 4.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'm at least glad that they didn't ship a game that didn't meet up to their standards.
I'm almost not. Part of me would rather have a bit of fun with a mediocre Metroid game right now than have a great one come out when I'm a middle-aged father of three, you know? :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

opening the thread every hour to see if sword/shield arguments are done yet like
When Sword and Shield really symbolizes the fans who attack the game versus the fans who are defending it. Gamefreak is a ****ing genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ah I get it now.

As said I hope things turn out for the better for you. Remember everyone's been in this position in some way in their life but despite the odds they including yourself eventually comes out on top.

That's what Rocky Balboa had taught me and why I look up to him as an idol of mine. :)
I do my best to remember that. Keep fighting and stay determined, I guess.

It can be very hard sometimes, though. I'm stressed about a lotta things.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do my best to remember that. Keep fighting and stay determined, I guess.

It can be very hard sometimes, though. I'm stressed about a lotta things.
Just know though don't feel alone in this world because you aren't. There's people around the world including Rie and myself having struggles in their life as well. I believe in you. That's all I can give you so continue to stay strong my friend. :)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Hope it gets better for you. I'm currently job hunting as well and its the worst thing ever.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm honestly debating with myself whether to see Child's Play or not. Maybe not this week but perhaps next especially given it seems like its in my friends rally of movies he likes. I know he also wants to see Crawl as well which has my interest but only thing stopping me is needing to find out if the doggie lives.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The worst part about Metroid Prime 4 being in such a state of uncertain development is that any time I watch a reaction video or discussion video pertaining to Directs/E3 in the next couple of years, people are always going to just complain about the lack of Metroid Prime 4, probably without even realizing the development hell the game has clearly been going through. Watching reactions of E3, it really pissed me off to hear some people complaining about the lack of Metroid Prime 4 or going, "METROID???" to announcements they didn't immediately recognize. Like the game legitimately was just restarted a couple months ago and that information should be common knowledge by now. Common sense dictates Metroid Prime 4 ain't happening for a couple more years. We could get a new 2D Metroid, but I know what to expect from some streamers, Youtubers, etc. on that issue.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Seeing all this discussion about Sword and Shield not allowing Pokemon to be transferred to the games if certain Pokemon don't appear in the Galar Pokedex as well as point about how "the first Pokemon games of a console are usually bad" reminded me of Ruby and Sapphire.

Weren't Ruby and Sapphire heavily disliked when they were first released? I remember one of the big drawbacks was that Pokemon were unable to transferred from the GameBoy Color games to the GBA games, and there was a lot of disappointment surrounding that. Seeing the backlash Sword and Shield regarding the Pokemon Home transfer reminded me of that.

I could've sworn there were other reasons why Ruby and Sapphire weren't well-liked either, especially when this was the game where you have the divide between genwunners and regular Pokemon vibes, but I can't seem to recall if there were other big complaints.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, I know I said I’m taking a break, and I meant it. But I gotta say this real quick.

Allow me to apologize for any pain I may have caused. I realize that I’m very emotionally unbalanced, and as much as I’d like to blame by strange childhood I have to be a man and accept that my actions are solely my own. No excuses.

From the bottom of my heart, i’m sorry.

Okay g’bye.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Seeing all this discussion about Sword and Shield not allowing Pokemon to be transferred to the games if certain Pokemon don't appear in the Galar Pokedex as well as point about how "the first Pokemon games of a console are usually bad" reminded me of Ruby and Sapphire.

Weren't Ruby and Sapphire heavily disliked when they were first released? I remember one of the big drawbacks was that Pokemon were unable to transferred from the GameBoy Color games to the GBA games, and there was a lot of disappointment surrounding that. Seeing the backlash Sword and Shield regarding the Pokemon Home transfer reminded me of that.

I could've sworn there were other reasons why Ruby and Sapphire weren't well-liked either, especially when this was the game where you have the divide between genwunners and regular Pokemon vibes, but I can't seem to recall if there were other big complaints.
Pretty sure every pokemon game is hated when it first releases. B/W used to be reviled but now its where the series peaked.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Weren't Ruby and Sapphire heavily disliked when they were first released?
"Water trumpets" was originally a meme used by the anti-Hoenn crowd. Now you see FAN art of Hoenn involving playing trumpets, and IGN giving ORAS a 7.8 for "too much water" was considered absurd.
Pretty sure every pokemon game is hated when it first releases. B/W used to be reviled but now its where the series peaked.
Unfortunately there are still people that go "lOL IcE crEAM aNd GeArS!"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay, I know I said I’m taking a break, and I meant it. But I gotta say this real quick.

Allow me to apologize for any pain I may have caused. I realize that I’m very emotionally unbalanced, and as much as I’d like to blame by strange childhood I have to be a man and accept that my actions are solely my own. No excuses.

From the bottom of my heart, i’m sorry.

Okay g’bye.
What happened earlier Noipoi? Hope your okay now. :(

Also don't try to be too hard on yourself. All you can do now is acknowledge what you did try to become a better person bettering yourself just how as I am making amends for my past actions in terms of having been immature and childish. Take it as someone who had been in a similar position but likely on a much bigger scale then you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom