• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Personally, I think they should just take a Pokemon Go approach and add in the Pokemon slowly to cover their bases. Not a big deal. If they handle it in such a way, as far as I'm concerned, it's all good. If not, then they ****ed up and should be called out for it.
Even if it's not through updates, they can still do that by gradually adding on to the Pokedex with each new Switch game. I don't think the Galar Dex was intended to be taken as our permanent list of Pokemon. It's just that you might not be able to use your favorite Pokemon until an update/new game comes out.

D

Deleted member

My only comment regarding the Pokemon SwSh debacle is that the funniest part of the whole debacle is the fact that Pokemon fans are acting opposite of Smash fans who want to cut unworthy characters.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
opening the thread every hour to see if sword/shield arguments are done yet like
i swear i promise i'm done now

UNLESS ONE OF YOU-

no i'm done. i'm done. really. honest to god. the discourse is dead no more nonsense from my mouth. well there will be more nonsense from my mouth just not pokemon nonsense. sorry

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The hype train is here!
https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/infinity-train/

play the keys below and you get access to a new trailer! Which is a pretty cool way to do this.
D B G F sharp

EDIT: The keys need to be green, play them from right to left. Except the G, the G is the one on the left side.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
i feel like a lot of these old properties like sonic and banjo need fresh hands onboard to get off the ground. That’s what something like Sonic Mania showed me.

I liked Star Fox Zero but miyamoto trying to reinvent the wheel is not what StarFox needs. Either is Banjo sitting in Limbo with Yooka-Laylee which I heard has improved since launch but wasn’t very good.

Fresh people or new inspirations for existing people.
SFZ did the exact opposite of what people wanted with Star Fox. After 3 games with added gimmicks(granted, I thought Assault was pretty sick), gameplay wise, people just wanted a more refined version of what the first 2 games had done, without too many on foot sections.

I think people at least liked the series getting new stories and the like, expanding the world. So instead of more of that, it's yet another re-telling of Star Fox 64's plot, but not with the control scheme people wanted.

It's the same reason why F-Zero wasn't brought back, if the gameplay doesn't change too much, they see no reason to go back to it. On one hand I like the desire to always innovate, plenty of series could benefit from those changes. On the other hand, some series only need quality of life changes and some modern elements like online multiplayer to be worth buying, like F-Zero.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
opening the thread every hour to see if sword/shield arguments are done yet like
We've got enough content from the last Direct to celebrate, analyze and speculate about until new information comes, but drama. :lol:

I would prefer someone who actually cared about them. Sonic would be better if Sega suits dont get heavily involved in the case of Forces and also if they just selected a system for the games(Boost, Parkour, etc) and just focusing in improve them.

Honestly, I would prefer for them to have someone who cared enoughto make a new game. N&B had a lot of the charm in the humor but the game ended up being lackluster for a good amount of reasons more involved with repetitiveness.

Issue with Rare is that they act like little kids who discard toys after they are done with them, as long as they have a competent developer that enjoy working on them the brand will improve.
Yeah, I agree. I actually liked their original idea--remake the original game, but with small differences that escalate into huge differences over the course of the game. I would have taken that. I would have also appreciated Nuts & Bolts more if they had made it a spin-off, while still making plans for a legitimate sequel (which we know they didn't want to do). The fact they considered it a sequel was insulting, and I could barely make it past five minutes of the demo. I'm glad it's a different kind of game to where people not into the original games still praise it as a unique game, but by all measures, it should have been a spin-off. It's like if the sequel to Super Mario World was Super Mario Kart.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My only comment regarding the Pokemon SwSh debacle is that the funniest part of the whole debacle is the fact that Pokemon fans are acting opposite of Smash fans who want to cut unworthy characters.
Pokemon community: Every Mon is someone's favorite, please GameFreak, no cuts!
Smash Community: This character is irrelevant, nobody played him, waste of a slot, they better cut him or else!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watched that new Infinity Train trailer and I think I figured the show out:
It's going to be a VR game and apart of Tulip's Game Design camp

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When Pokéman is a full meme now and you are sad but Edelgard REACHED FOR MY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

I'LL SOAR AWAYYYYYYY
Did we ever get a reason as for why Cristina Vee wasn't voicing her anymore?

I'm still bummed by that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did we ever get a reason as for why Cristina Vee wasn't voicing her anymore?

I'm still bummed by that.
They never said why.
I wanna think time constraints as Vee said there's no conflict or hard feelings.

Other thing could be them wanting a lower or more mature tone for timeskip Edelgard.
But that's just speculation from my part.

At least the new VA sounds pretty nice imo.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Anyone played Bloodstained? If so then how is the game so far? From what I've been hearing the game seems to have delivered well on it's quality.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all. What's up currently? Apparently still recovering from my trip which had a bigger toll on me then I realize. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back getting into my regular routine.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
im wondering if they're actually going to animate the arc where the MC and his wife getting
petrified for several years

Cause the trailer seems to only show that happening to the MC and
maybe their hiding the MCs children from trailers?

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
im wondering if there actually going to animate the arc where the MC and his wife getting
petrified for several years

Cause the trailer seems to only show that happening to the MC and
maybe their hiding the MCs children from trailers?
I'm guessing they're trying to obscure which wife they're going for in the movie. Not that they're doing a good job, the trailer makes it pretty clear that it's Bianca

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey y'all. Apparently what's up currently? Apparently still recovering from my trip which had a bigger toll on me then I realize. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back getting into my regular routine.
I'm really stressed, tbh. The past few days have been a snowball effect of stress.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm really stressed, tbh. The past few days have been a snowball effect of stress.
Sorry to hear. I was apparently somewhat in the same position yesterday too. Coming back from my trip after having an all-nighter at the airport. My body felt like total ****, had this sick feeling in my stomach too from having stayed up all night and eating too much.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom