• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A scene I would’ve loved to see in a Wreck-It-Ralph movie was after Ralph goes through some kind of low point and feeling down when he passes by :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: having a casual chat at like an online cafe or something when they see Ralph and ask him to join them (yeah he’s a game villain but they’re the type to ask their own villains to go go-karting with them) and help him cheer up after he spills his heart out to them. This could also set up for them to help out Ralph at the climax like the princesses did.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Thanks for mentioning Ready Player One. That movie was so hyped up, but then I heard like nobody talking about it after it came out.
It was decent but it wasn't really the most memorable film in the world due to how many pop culture references.

I like the big final fight with am the Vrchat avatars duking it out.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, something doesn't settle with me when I see Disney poke fun on how many companies it owns. Ralph 2 did that, and it was a bit unsettling when I saw it in the trailer.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I heard it was at least better than the book.
I never read the book but I hear the cool scene with the Gundam was changed in the film as it was written to be Ultraman in the book.

It's kinda obvious too since the whole scene is written as if the Gundam was an Ultraman

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The NES Kirby game is a little weird to me. The Jumping mechanics anyway. In most Kirby games your hover and jump are on the same button. But Up on the D-Pad has you Hover, even when on the ground, so it ****s me up when fighting. I still beat most of the game, so I'll just have to fight the muscle memory I had when playing Kirby Superstar and a few other titles. Losing the Copy moves after one his is also annoying, but a handful of Kirby games are kind of like that already, so I can deal.

Makes you realize how good shooting starts at enemies are.

I wonder if GB/GBC games will be on the Switch.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, Wreck-It Ralph 2 was not as good as the original. It's like an average mediocrity.

A sequel that actually delivers and improved from the original is Kung-Fu Panda 2. (Also Shrek 2)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Wreck-It Ralph 2 was not as good as the original. It's like an average mediocrity.

A sequel that actually delivers and improved from the original is Kung-Fu Panda 2. (Also Shrek 2)
I think Spider-Man 2, Terminator 2, Captain America Winter Soldier and the Dark Knight are also good examples of this. I almost want to say Predator 2. But I don't think it's as good as the original. But a very unique sequel that's really enjoyable in its own right.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, did anybody watch Wreck It Ralph 2? How was it, because I heard... some not good things about it.
I liked it, and thought it was still really clever. Maybe it’s just where I’m at in life, but I thought it was a pretty mature direction to evolve the narrative. And it’s hard to avoid the meme stuff when you make a movie about the internet.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Thanks for mentioning Ready Player One. That movie was so hyped up, but then I heard like nobody talking about it after it came out.
I liked Ready Player One, really wanted to see it just to spot all the cameos honestly. Plus, I have my own Funko POP! figure of Percival.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wario's Woods is an alright game. Kind of disgusting how Toad got his own game before Luigi(something that wasn't Mario is Missing, anyway) and Peach though.
I'm not sure if I'll play StarTropics. Doesn't seem like my kind of game, but I could be wrong. I could try Kirby's Dreamland 3, though I already finished the main game of Kirby Superstar and that game is honestly GOATED.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
When it comes to improved sequels, I have to give my vote to Toy Story 2. better than the original in almost every way

What seals it even moreso for me is that it had an insane production period, including but not limited to:
  • originally being intend or a direct-to-video release like most Disney sequels at the time before ultimately being considered good enough for theaters
  • nearly all of it's assets almost getting accidentally deleted
  • and having to rewrite pretty much the whole story in one weekend then restart production of the film pretty much from scratch 9 MONTHS BEFORE IT'S RELEASE DATE (For reference, the average computer animated film can take about 3-4 years to complete)

With all those things going on behind the scenes, it's a wonder the film came out the way it did

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
When it comes to improved sequels, I have to give my vote to Toy Story 2. better than the original in almost every way

What seals it even moreso for me is that it had an insane production period, including but not limited to:
  • originally being intend or a direct-to-video release like most Disney sequels at the time before ultimately being considered good enough for theaters
  • nearly all of it's assets almost getting accidentally deleted
  • and having to rewrite pretty much the whole story in one weekend then restart production of the film pretty much from scratch 9 MONTHS BEFORE IT'S RELEASE DATE (For reference, the average computer animated film can take about 3-4 years to develop)
With all those things going on behind the scenes, it's a wonder the film came out the way it did
I want a movie based on the production of this movie, that story is more entertaining than most Pixar movies tbh lol

Speaking of sequels, Onward did bad for Disney standards, so don't expect Onward 2: Lesbian Cop Boogaloo anytime soon.
The movie did look incredibly boring but it probably mostly failed because it came out during the corona mass hysteria and nobody wanted to watch films at the time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of sequels, Onward did bad for Disney standards, so don't expect Onward 2: Lesbian Cop Boogaloo anytime soon.
The movie did look incredibly boring but it probably mostly failed because it came out during the corona mass hysteria and nobody wanted to watch films at the time.
I was honestly kinda hyped for the movie myself mainly cause I’m working on my own modern magic animated series, so I’m sad to hear that it wasn’t and didn’t do as good as I was hoping.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I watched Onward on Disney+. It wasn't revolutionary or anything, but I enjoyed it and it's a shame it did so poorly (especially given that it wasn't even the movie's fault).

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So apparently there are battle arenas now that kick you for playing a certain character?? I understand if you kick someone if they are spamming, lagging, or camping, but you’re really just gonna kick someone for playing a character? Found two battle arenas. One titled ‘No Jokers’ and the other titles ‘No top tiers’. What??

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Played more Okami. I'll call it an night. So far I've reached Agatha Forest.
To be fair though all of cinema has been affected by COVID-19 otherwise its certain the film would had made more.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So apparently there are battle arenas now that kick you for playing a certain character?? I understand if you kick someone if they are spamming, lagging, or camping, but you’re really just gonna kick someone for playing a character? Found two battle arenas. One titled ‘No Jokers’ and the other titles ‘No top tiers’. What??

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No movie sequels beats the might that are the sequels to the first heisei Gamera film.

This trilogy is an example of perfection. No movies that will ever top these IMO.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"No Anime"

We are now in a stage of perfection.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I'm not bothered. I thought it was a good movie and while it has potential for a sequel, I don't think it really needs one. Movie sequels are rarely as good as the original anyway.

And its not like Disney is at risk of going out of business or anything.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
D799F2B4-D8EF-4977-B2E7-3CCBFAA15AEB.jpeg

If you haven’t played this game- you need to play it. Transistor has beautiful artwork and music, along with pleasing design and relaxing locations. The story is amazing so far(I haven’t finished it so can’t say much about it) and you get to choose from two difficulties- one if you’re just in it for the story and one if you’d prefer a challenge. It’s got wonderful voice acting and challenging fights where strategy is important. If you take out the wrong enemy in the wrong order, you could lose a turn and risk losing a good portion of your health. This isn’t a new game or anything- I’m pretty sure it came out in 2018. But I’m just now discovering it and it’s amazing. I’m not even kidding- go get this. It was $4 on the eshop while it was on sale. I’m not sure if it’s still on sale or not, but last I checked it was. If it isn’t it’s $20. I guess it’s a big difference from $4 but if I knew what this game was like before I got it I would gladly spend $20. Rant done. Thanks for reading if you did.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ferdinand Von Aegir and Takuto Maruki...are the same ****ing guy...

2017 Spider-Man is the same guy as Hubert and Akechi

...idk how to feel about any of these realizations...
All you need to see of the Ralph Breaks the Internet:
RCS was the perfect choice to play Sonic. 10 years and still going...never leave us
Honestly I'm not bothered. I thought it was a good movie and while it has potential for a sequel, I don't think it really needs one. Movie sequels are rarely as good as the original anyway.

And its not like Disney is at risk of going out of business or anything.
Disney is probably ready for war against Netflix if anything, but more importantly, it doesn’t seem like that last statement is true

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I miss Jason, Roger never grew on me even after all these years.
I think everyone has characters that they have a preference for this voice or that one. Josh Keaton's the best Spider-Man, yet the two dudes after him weren't nearly as good if you ask me. At least Yuri Lowenthal did a real good job in some of the modern games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom