• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lamperouge Lamperouge which Mythra do you prefer? This Mythra

3.png

Or this one?

4.png

This answer will say everything about you.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
No, I actually meanView attachment 269557
An official manga
R.I.P Steve
I looked it up and knew what you were talking about. I was just kidding
Edit: the fact they have human hands suggests that under their blocky shoes they also have human feet

I feel out of every franchise that has a playable character in Smash, Dragon Quest has to have the chillest online community.
I’d say Fire Emblem fans are pretty chill, since they have to deal with so much hate and most of them don’t retaliate.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’d say Fire Emblem fans are pretty chill, since they have to deal with so much hate and most of them don’t retaliate.
Fire Emblem fans too busy having waifu wars to worry about how they look outside of their own bubble.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A friend of mine shown me this:

I actually remembered the Pikachu and Kirby exploits, I used to use them whenever I was fighting the two for easy wins.

Writers are not good at math. (or he could be the dad of Chris's mom)
Probably the former since the mother only gains a year on the dad (she's 13 years younger then the grandad).

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
is there a list of the games on SNES and NES Online that are compatible with 2 players? I go to the two player section and it’s showing me games that only support one player, so I can’t really trust it

Fire Emblem fans too busy having waifu wars to worry about how they look outside of their own bubble.
That is an incredibly valid point and I can’t find anything that says it’s incorrect

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok. Here’s an exorcise I love doing so I’ll put in here again.

Add whoever you want to ultimate’s roster. No restrictions (except game character) and you don’t have to worry about being realistic. Who do you add?
Brian from Quest 64. Not even a contest for me.

...This might as well be a +1 post in my case, heh. XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok. Here’s an exorcise I love doing so I’ll put in here again.

Add whoever you want to ultimate’s roster. No restrictions (except game character) and you don’t have to worry about being realistic. Who do you add?
pepsiman

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thinking of the fact that Brawl had a wild west styled remix if the Luigi's Mansion theme that only played for one cutscene, and was nowhere else to be found in the actual game, let alone the series.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude either the fighterz' story animation has always been super choppy or the switch needs to run these cutscenes at a crisp 10 frames per second

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wife's? Who need those things when all that exists is Ferdinand Von Aegir

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think my bird might be dying but I can't get close enough to know for sure because he still has the energy to attack me when I try.

He's showing symptoms of a sick bird.

Same with Persona, FF7 and Xenoblade.

Dutch Raikuna

Waifu wars are the best and some great entertainment.

There has ever been only one for me though.

1587234485926.png

OK, I mean two.

1587234665831.png

These days the right way to judge a man is by his waifu. Or by his taste in noodles. Or by how he reacts to getting kicked in the nuts. Or something.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nah, there have been plenty of times where Fire Emblem fans have made even Pokemon fans look good in the past. They've certainly gotten better due to mostly unified consensus on Echoes/Three Houses and increased awareness of older titles, but the elements of salt still ring hard given the schadenfreude over the past few months.

Things were probably at their peak post-Awakening and pre-Fates, but the division in the community was always there even during the Mid/Late 2000s era; The ROM community and the FE7-10 fans were often at odds with each other. Believe it or not, for a good while many saw Path of Radiance as hot garbage.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nah, there have been plenty of times where Fire Emblem fans have made even Pokemon fans look good in the past. They've certainly gotten better due to mostly unified consensus on Echoes/Three Houses and increased awareness of older titles, but the elements of salt still ring hard given the schadenfreude over the past few months.

Things were probably at their peak post-Awakening and pre-Fates, but the division in the community was always there even during the Mid/Late 2000s era; The ROM community and the FE7-10 fans were often at odds with each other. Believe it or not, for a good while many saw Path of Radiance as hot garbage.
I would say post-Awakening to post-Fates. Older FE fans HATED Fates and newer fans were pissed because petting got removed. Echoes was finally where it started dying off and a Three Houses was so damn phenomenal that people just stopped.

as someone who started out at Radiant Dawn, I was just happy to see FE coming back but this is how I saw the two sides during that time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Was fooling around with photoshop and some pre-existing renders and created a Smash render for my most wanted Pokemon character besides maybe Gengar.
21. Giovanni.png
Onyx and Dugtrio are in the Final Smash. Nidoqueen becomes Nidoking in half of the sleectable costumes and also appears in the Final Smash.

I also whipped on up for Agumon and his forms
77. Agumon.png
The main for is Agumon, and he has a "digivolution meter" which fills based on your performance in battle (dealing damage, special move usage, and damage taken). When it reaches a certain amount Agumon will Digivolve into Greymon (basically a more powerful Echo Fighter of Agumon) and finally WarGreymon (a unique fighter with the same power levels as Greymon but with a more speed oriented playstyle). Be careful though, because if you take too much damage while digivolved or use too much special energy at once, you can not only return to a previous level, but you can be knocked all the way down to Koromon! Koromon is basically useless, and only has 1 attack, a neutral special. But it doesn't take much to digivolve back into Agumon. Omnimon is the final smash. He will Warp Digivolve into WarGreymon and dash across the screen, MetalGarurumon will spawn parallel to WarGreymon on the other side of the screen and dashes across the other way, colliding with WarGreymon. Any opponents hit by the Dashing Digimon will be taken to a cinematic where the two fuse into Omnimon and then attack.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A8EF3815-5D7A-4552-A09F-4B68A7E37999.jpeg

Mind the crookedness but Claus has been put on House arrest.

If he someone is able to get out then I don’t even know what to do anymore to make him leave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would say post-Awakening to post-Fates. Older FE fans HATED Fates and newer fans were pissed because petting got removed. Echoes was finally where it started dying off and a Three Houses was so damn phenomenal that people just stopped.

as someone who started out at Radiant Dawn, I was just happy to see FE coming back but this is how I saw the two sides during that time.
Yup. Back then (like maybe a couple years ago lol), if you wanted to talk about Fire Emblem, you had to have had an opinion over old games vs new games. That's just how widespread and divided the fanbase was.

Dutch Raikuna

My post about my waifus got buried.

I was being an open man. Waiting to be judged by history for his waifus.

On the bright side thinking about replaying Far Cry 3.

Sums up the run.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yup. Back then (like maybe a couple years ago lol), if you wanted to talk about Fire Emblem, you had to have had an opinion over old games vs new games. That's just how widespread and divided the fanbase was.
Yeah that tends to happen when a series stops being considered niche.

Happened with Persona after 3, happened with Xenoblade after X and it happened with Pokemon after it went 3D.

D

Deleted member

Happened with Persona after 3, happened with Xenoblade after X and it happened with Pokemon after it went 3D.
God I don't even wanna imagine the whiplash Persona 3 gave. Imagine fans going from a relatively straightforward JRPG dungeon crawler to life-simulator time-limited prep-RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

God I don't even wanna imagine the whiplash Persona 3 gave. Imagine fans going from a relatively straightforward JRPG dungeon crawler to life-simulator time-limited prep-RPG.
You guys saying about Persona but it is pretty amazing how popular the series did become.
In a span of three main entries going from a spin-off of a series to its latest entry considered one of the two best RPGs this gen and selling a few million is pretty impressive.
And let us give thanks to the Vita on that as well. There were a good few people I knew who bought a Vita (mostly second hand) just for P4G.

Seeing how well P5 sold and how the series really went on the rise gives me hope for others to reach that peak sales. Namely Falcom's.

D

Deleted member

You guys saying about Persona but it is pretty amazing how popular the series did become.
In a span of three main entries going from a spin-off of a series to its latest entry considered one of the two best RPGs this gen and selling a few million is pretty impressive.
And let us give thanks to the Vita on that as well. There were a good few people I knew who bought a Vita (mostly second hand) just for P4G.

Seeing how well P5 sold and how the series really went on the rise gives me hope for others to reach that peak sales. Namely Falcom's.
Yeah Persona's a mainstream hit and I love it, but I wanna imagine the Persona 2 fan who started up Persona 3 for the first time in 2006 and wondered what the **** they were playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After finally clearing a bit of my backlog, I'm finally starting up DQ11. I've been waiting to play this one for a while now but I just couldn't do it with some of the games I wanted to finish, so I'm looking forward to finally being able to dive into this world.

Anything I should look out for as a newcomer to the game?

Looking back, that period of time (especially post-release Fates) was a nightmare to be an FE fan. The older and newer divide was as bad as you said, but once Fates came out with the game being so divisive that it was just a pain to talk about almost any aspect of the game since someone would jump down your throat for it. The only thing I remember everyone agreeing on was that Conquest's gameplay was some of the strongest the series had seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom