• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys. Disney made a Fix-It Felix Jr. Cabinet for the show floor when they revealed Wreck-It Ralph for the first time, and then put that ROM on their website BEFORE the movie came out. Wreck-It Ralph is a game character. He's ELIGIBLE!
Fun fact, I actually voted for Wreck-it Ralph during the smash ballot

I don't know what I was thinking...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well of course there has to be a limit to it, if there's too much muscle they end up looking too manly.

I prefer it when they still have femininity but also clearly has defined muscle, wonder woman and a lot of women from fighting games are good examples of trying to do both.
That's what I prefer they do too. Honestly, I really don't like the look of a lot of super musclebound female bodybuilders. They're living their best lives and there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't think it looks good from a purely aesthetic and character design perspective.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact, I actually voted for Wreck-it Ralph during the smash ballot

I don't know what I was thinking...
You voted for a completely eligible and popular video game character with a really successful film adaptation.
I voted for Shovel Knight, so I was overjoyed to see him as an assist trophy. I'm so glad he's in.

Who did the rest of you all vote for?
I voted four times on four different computers, just in case there was any kind of IP tracking involved. On my own personal computer I voted for Scorpion. I borrowed my mom's laptop to vote for Snake's return. I used a laptop from a school computer cart to vote for Dig Dug, and then finally used a computer in my local library to vote for Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I voted for Shovel Knight, so I was overjoyed to see him as an assist trophy. I'm so glad he's in.

On top of Ralph, I too also voted for Shovel Knight and Bandanna Waddle Dee

I believe I voted for inklings too

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You voted for a completely eligible and popular video game character with a really successful film adaptation.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The movie isn't a film adaption, the game was meant to promote the film. If a character is on a can of soda to promote a movie, that doesn't mean their a soda mascot.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The movie isn't a film adaption, the game was meant to promote the film. If a character is on a can of soda to promote a movie, that doesn't mean their a soda mascot.
I believe what I'm doing is a thing called "memeing". I think I'm doing it correctly, I don't have much experience with it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m already having trouble with unlocking Loki and Thanos and the like what’s the best way to do that?
I think just beat the game on Ultimate difficulty and took down that challenge when trying to unlock Thanos. I can't remember what I did to get Loki. Normally I use Spider-Man, Venom, Storm and Psylocke. I think I just kind of brute forced it with said main team.

But in general, I would recommend Black Panther, since, by himself, Vibranium Slash(his B special) pretty much destroys enemy stagger bars. So use him to open up a boss, then let the teammates spend their meter for doing damage. You don't even need to do a synergy, so you save a bit of meter when fighting. And Spider-Man's Web moves/Air attacks are good for crowd control for fighting the Outriders that spawn with each boss. The air attack is good for trying to stay alive. Venom and Storm do some pretty big damage too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I voted for :ultivysaur:.

I'm the reason this Uair is back in the game.

You're welcome everyone.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Cloud and Ridley.

...I know the former didn't happen because of the ballot but I'd like to think that I at least played a part in leading to Riddle's inclusion in Ultimate, tyvm.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I voted Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon, Wolf, Mega Man X and Sub-Zero.

4 out of 6 ain't too bad honestly. Now when am I getting those last two cool blue dudes? We need those kings.

Though yes, I'm aware I'm kind of a scumbag voting for multiple characters, but I only voted for each once, so I'm not the worst villain either.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I voted for Isaac, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, Inklings, and... I honestly can't remember anyome else.
I voted for Squirtle, Sora, Professor Layton and Agumon.

I kinda stuffed the ballot looking back at it.

That's what I prefer they do too. Honestly, I really don't like the look of a lot of super musclebound female bodybuilders. They're living their best lives and there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't think it looks good from a purely aesthetic and character design perspective.
And on that note since I'm playing Persona games right now I'm just going to mention that I like to think that a lot of characters in Persona are supposed to look like that in universe but we just don't see it because both the men and women in this franchise are drawn to look lanky and thin.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's a shame there wasn't a Wreck It Ralph world in Kingdom Hearts. They would be able to get absurdly meta if there were one.
You have no idea how disappointed I was that he was JUST a summon in KH3.

Problem is all the licensed characters. Exploring the world of Ralph would be weird without Sonic and Q*Bert at the very least.
Wouldn't have been that hard, Sega and Capcom are so easy to work with that they could probably get Ryu and Sonic to cameo in a wreck it ralph world

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like swole/bulky ass characters in general. John Romita Sr.'s/Stegman's/Ottley's Spider-Man, 90's Toriyama, Part 3 Jojo. Street Fighter, MMX4 and MM7. And characters like Black Cat/Storm/Psylocke look cooler when toned as ****. I'm an odd one out cause I think OoT Adult Link is one of his better designs cause he looks like he can fight. I imagine that's why people like Super Metroid Samus too, which another cool look.

But I think it depends on the character. If someone is initially design lanky, beefing them up might not work.

Though with Batman and Spider-Man worked out really well. Cause even Steve Ditko made Peter more buff in the comics, a bit of visual storytelling as he got older. Peter turned 18 REALLY early on mind you, so dude looked like a GROWN ASS MAN. You love to see it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Problem is all the licensed characters. Exploring the world of Ralph would be weird without Sonic and Q*Bert at the very least.
They could have based it on Sugar Rush. They could still fit some fourth wall breaking jokes in there (seeing as Ralph would assume that they came from another game like he did), but they wouldn't need to worry about including actual video game characters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They could have based it on Sugar Rush. They could still fit some fourth wall breaking jokes in there (seeing as Ralph would assume that they came from another game like he did), but they wouldn't need to worry about including actual video game characters.
Sugar Rush, Ralph's Home, Hero's Duty. Boom, and enture Wreck it Ralph world, with Ralph, Felix, Sergeant Calhoun, and Vanellope as extra party members.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of which, did anybody watch Wreck It Ralph 2? How was it, because I heard... some not good things about it.
it was an okay movie on it's own, but a terrible wreck-it ralph sequel

it completely spat in the face of the first movie's message and plot points, and added a whole lotta cringe-worthy pop culture and meme references that made it kinda unbearable at times

also, ditching focus on video games and shifting over to the internet for some reason was... odd. like you could've done so much more with video games the first film yet to tap into like console gaming, or what about online gaming? We had snippets of the latter in Ralph Breaks the Internet, and that was probably the best part of the whole movie. too bad it was only like... 10 minutes of the film

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So Sonic and Ralph meet again for the 4th (5th?) time.
Mario has secretly hired Sonic to find 3rd parties to join Smash
I like swole/bulky ass characters in general. John Romita Sr.'s/Stegman's/Ottley's Spider-Man, 90's Toriyama, Part 3 Jojo. Street Fighter, MMX4 and MM7. And characters like Black Cat/Storm/Psylocke look cooler when toned as ****. I'm an odd one out cause I think OoT Adult Link is one of his better designs cause he looks like he can fight. I imagine that's why people like Super Metroid Samus too, which another cool look.

But I think it depends on the character. If someone is initially design lanky, beefing them up might not work.

Though with Batman and Spider-Man worked out really well. Cause even Steve Ditko made Peter more buff in the comics, a bit of visual storytelling as he got older. Peter turned 18 REALLY early on mind you, so dude looked like a GROWN ASS MAN. You love to see it.
and now he no longer ages
It wasn't good.

The best part was that Sonic got more spoken lines.
Sonic is the only reason for me to watch the movie now

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just realized we didn't get the Mario cameo we were promised in Ralph 2. No longer have any interest in the movie.
It was probably due to Universal obtaining the film rights to Mario around that time

And before you mention Sonic, Paramount likely gave their blessing to Sonic's appearances in Ralph 2 (as well as Ready Player One, which came out around the same time)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It was probably due to Universal obtaining the film rights to Mario around that time

And before you mention Sonic, Paramount likely gave their blessing to Sonic's appearances in Ralph 2 (as well as Ready Player One, which came out around the same time)
Thanks for mentioning Ready Player One. That movie was so hyped up, but then I heard like nobody talking about it after it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom