• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you have a lot of gold saved up, go to the SHIELD Depot, which is on the menu for Curse of the Vampire as well as the other two DLC menus. You can buy a limitless number of XP Cubes for 50,000 gold each, which could potenially make leveling easier.

Whether or not you're underleveled depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want to unlock characters, you'll definitely be fine for now - the recommended level for unlocking Blade, Moon Knight, the Punisher, and Morbius ranges from level 5 to level 30, depending on which gauntlet you go through.

The recommended levels for unlocking the new X-Men (which requires more gauntlets) and the Fantastic Four (who you get through the story epilogue) are higher, though. I'd suggest trying the Infinity option on the menu if you haven't already.

Edit: also, press X on the main menu to bring up a bunch of challenges. They give you more options for unlocking characters, XP cubes, etc., though they're all optional.
I’m already having trouble with unlocking Loki and Thanos and the like what’s the best way to do that?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Question: Should I get Final Fantasy VII Remake? I played the demo and enjoyed it, but I've never played the original before. I'm also not familiar with the story of the original, outside of knowing a certain spoiler.
That girl that ends up dying
What do you think? Would you recommend this game?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Question: Should I get Final Fantasy VII Remake? I played the demo and enjoyed it, but I've never played the original before. I'm also not familiar with the story of the original, outside of knowing a certain spoiler.
I would say yes but it is recommended to play the original as well. Having knowledge of the game and world is better before going in.

Don't know where you are from but I got it for the full £60. For people who are a bit unsure or what I'd get it for around £40.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
beat Persona 5 Royal, and holy **** this is definitely feeling like a GOTY for me. Got exactly what I wanted and many things I didn't expect

Dutch Raikuna

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never played the original and I plan to get the remake. I just think the original game is so ugly and the gameplay isn't fun to me, but this new action RPG style? Sublime.
It really is. You can tell there could be a bit more improvement but it's only the first part.

The remake is a great game to start in the series in my view. I wish it was more open and part of me still wants Square to just get on with XVI already but it is still a great game and potentially a game of the year contender.
I think playing the original is recommended still and knowing a bit of the wider games such as the FFVII prequel.

beat Persona 5 Royal, and holy **** this is definitely feeling like a GOTY for me. Got exactly what I wanted and many things I didn't expect
I am so getting it at some point but for now I'm going to get The Outer Worlds once that Ghost of Tsushima delay is confirmed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I’m already having trouble with unlocking Loki and Thanos and the like what’s the best way to do that?
If you go to the main menu and press X, a list of challenges will pop up. One of them (which involves beating the final chapter) will get you Thanos without having to do the Infinity trial, though I can't recall what difficulty you have to beat it on.

The Marvel Knights characters are much easier to get than Loki and Thanos. Even the Fantastic Four are easier to get, since you just need to play through the first few areas of the epilogue to unlock the entire team, and they have amazing synergy with each other.

I can't recall the specific characters that I've used for Loki or Thanos, but I've found that Wasp and Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan, not Carol Danvers) have a synergy attack that does much more damage than you'd expect. Ms. Marvel's spinning attack, which defaults to her B special move, combined with the Wasp's rapid laser firing shreds through the health and stagger bars of bosses.

The Fantastic Four might work as well, since they have a similar attack combination that's just as effective. (Reed's X special combined with Sue's rapid-firing force field bubbles - in either case, it's best to play as the person who's spinning)

From what I recall, the Infinity challenge to unlock Thanos is quite rough. It helps to have your team well above the recommended level; the trick that I mentioned earlier about the XP cubes should help.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
ID H5TCW

PSW 400

help me practice pls

Dutch Raikuna

This might get buried.

Man it is so weird watching Hyperdimension Neptunia the Anime after having watched a load more anime.

It still holds a place in my heart and Noire is my Goddess (having a poster of her, my PS4 is decorated after her, my pfp is after her) but it doesn't have the same effect on me anymore.

1587147205372.png

It's like "I've watched so much better" and honestly the series is still one of the games I could think of playing because of how easily entertaining it is.

It's the also the only anime I really like for fanservice.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Be honest.

Do you guys really expect P5R and FF7R to come to the Switch?

Because I just can't, especially for FF7R. I can kinda see Persona on Switch in some way, but not 5R.
I'm not really too sure about how difficult that would be, so I can't say that I have a take on that, honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Be honest.

Because I just can't, especially for FF7R. I can kinda see Persona on Switch in some way, but not 5R.
The switch would probably melt if it tried to run FF7R and Atlus have their heads up their asses too damn far to capitalize off of demand as seen with "Would you be interested in Persona 5 on the Switch? Are you really interested on that concept? Are you SURE you want it? Would you like us to localize this already finished game that's already out in Japan?" **** they pull on every damn poll

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Be honest.

I actually see FF7R coming to Switch sooner than P5R. Atlus made a point about wanting to maintain their exclusitivity with Playstation. FF7R comes to PC next year. So it's possible at least for FF7R to come to Switch, though I still doubt it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Be honest.

FFVIIR? Hell no. The damn thing would need to be on like, 8 switch cartridges and would need to be downscalled so much that it would be ridiculous.

P5R though, well, the base game ran on 360 and PS3 so..... sure. Why not.

Dutch Raikuna

I swear, everytime I talk about a niche series I love it gets buried. Yesterday Zero Escape, today Hyperdimension Neptunia. Bad run of luck I guess.

Be honest.

Not really anymore and I'm eh on the prospect. Some ports like Civ and Doom have been great but others like MK11 have been very meh.

Would love to see a Persona Q3 on it and I'm getting P5 Scramble.

As for FF....... I think Square should just continuing using the Switch for experimental games like Octopath.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
id recommend it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's the schedule for the upcoming Ninjala open test beta

PDT
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 12:00-12:59
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • Apr. 29, 2020, 04:00-04:59
BST
  • 28 Apr. 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 04:00-04:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 12:00-12:59
AEST
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 05:00-05:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 13:00-13:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 21:00-21:59
Thankfully work won't interfere with this for me.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Be honest.

Maybe for P5R, definitely not for FF7R given how much SE would have to tone down for a suitable port.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's the schedule for the upcoming Ninjala open test beta

PDT
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 12:00-12:59
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • Apr. 29, 2020, 04:00-04:59
BST
  • 28 Apr. 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 04:00-04:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 12:00-12:59
AEST
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 05:00-05:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 13:00-13:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 21:00-21:59
Thankfully work won't interfere with this for me.
how do you participate?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Be honest.

Maybe. Final Fantasy VII Remake runs on Unreal 4 so it can be easily scaled to be able to run on Switch, granted it’ll be rather ugly but it can run. It’s just a matter of if Square wants to put in the work.

Persona 5 Royal? Yeah, definitely. I feel like it’s just a matter of time honestly what with Catherine Full Body being a PS4 Exclusive now on Switch and P5 already having a built in Nintendo fan base. Give it a year or so and I think we’ll have P5R on Switch.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe. Final Fantasy VII Remake runs on Unreal 4 so it can be easily scaled to be able to run on Switch, granted it’ll be rather ugly but it can run. It’s just a matter of if Square wants to put in the work.

Persona 5 Royal? Yeah, definitely. I feel like it’s just a matter of time honestly what with Catherine Full Body being a PS4 Exclusive now on Switch and P5 already having a built in Nintendo fan base. Give it a year or so and I think we’ll have P5R on Switch.
Idk man they didn't get FFXV on Switch, they got the chibi version for it

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Idk man they didn't get FFXV on Switch, they got the chibi version for it
That ran on Square’s in house engine, Luminous Studio, which is a widely known technical disaster and the main reason XV took so long to release. To this day there has been only one game made in that engine. Yeah FFXV.

The Engine is a disaster and optimizing it for anything lower end than a PS4 would be excruciating if not impossible.

I’m talking if they wanted to port XV to Switch it would probably take at least 4 years.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know, I kinda wish FF7R tried to recreate the originals artstyle in 3D.
d7d4366336226ee9cb11960f35759dd5.jpg

I actually kinda prefer this more anime look than the hyper realistic look that modern Final fantasies have.

Be honest.

After all this teasing about P5 on Switch I frankly expect them to port P4G to Switch just to continue messing with everyone, since P4 has been a well know series for a lot longer than P5.

Dutch Raikuna

You know, I kinda wish FF7R tried to recreate the originals artstyle in 3D.
View attachment 269514
I actually kinda prefer this more anime look than the hyper realistic look that modern Final fantasies have.
I prefer the more realistic style. Gives Final Fantasy that identity better.

Still feel like they messed up Tifa's face a bit in the remake. Looks a bit off. Some people are still annoyed at her breast size which I find sad.

Maybe they could do that for the Switch version.
Reminds of when I thought Cloud's trailer for Smash Bros 4 was going to be a another remake style of FFVII, kinda like what Dragon Quest 11 eventually did for 3DS and PS4.
Two different remakes of the same game but for different audiences.

Edit: Remember when people thought this Tech Demo was going to be Final Fantasy (XV?) back then? Talking about FF got me to remember this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom