• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
K. Rool

With no

Krown

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I think I fret too much about stuff. I have this image of myself being this super masculine monster, but I'm actually surprisingly feminine. I watched this video yesterday about feminine behaviour and I do a lot of things just naturally. And today I tried one app that edits pictures and the feminising options didn't do much more than just add makeup and improved skin and hair quality.

But enough about that rambling. I've been practicing stuff in training mode, but mainly short hopping. It's taking annoyingly long to get down. Since I'd be happy to get feedback, here's a video recording of me doing that a couple of hours ago:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77ymjgg84vsxw3w/VID_20200414_153207.mp4?dl=0

Edit: I should mention that apparently Dropbox can lower the resolution of a video if it thinks your Internet is slow. Downloading the video should fix that if it's the case. My phone camera isn't crazy or anything but that video should still be pretty clear and show how I press the buttons. So bare in mind.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I could finally take a break and do some stuff stuff to distract myself and clear my mind:
View attachment 269169
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD I cannot help it when it comes to making the most odd crossovers with whatever is that I am playing or focused on (I have done this before with other characters). xP Plus I don't know why I found Eevee and the Eeveelutions fitting for them. (xP And I know what Talion's Eevee would turn into).
Hmm, Umbreon?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m still iffy on Scorpion considering the whole banned in Japan thing.
That's a misconception. The franchise just isn't very localized there. Regardless still don't expect Scorpion tbh.

I also expect at least another 1st party. Thinking Rex.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m still iffy on Scorpion considering the whole banned in Japan thing.
He's not banned. They just don't sell the games there. It's not illegal for Mortal Kombat to exist in the country.
I don't. And I can't bring myself to put another on there.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I feel like posting a picture in my signature, but I can't because every time I try to, I get this:
"Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.":glare:
(Why do I must suffer...)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mortal Kombat was a pivotal moment for all of gaming, whether for better or worse. It had a powerful impact and influenced a lot of ideas overseas since the game itself was critically received well. There actually is a company represented in Smash that was impacted by it. Without it, SNK would've lost a mascot.

1586885154860.png

Nakoruru wouldn't have existed, because Mortal Kombat was a key influencer in Samurai Shodown's development. No MK, no Samsho.

I didn't mean to get preachy there, but the game itself isn't some mystical fad that only rad Westerners could ever understand. :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's a misconception. The franchise just isn't very localized there. Regardless still don't expect Scorpion tbh.

Nah, Rex’s goose is cooked imo as there is Xenoblade 2 music in the base game. While Spring Man’s an AT, there’s currently no ARMS music in the base game and all DLC (minus piranha plant) will come with music, so maybe the absence of ARMS music was another ARMS rep’s saving grace. What other Xenoblade 2 songs are you gonna add with Rex? They got all the major ones.

you know what DOESN’T have music in base? Xenoblade X. That’s right

it’s Elma time. I will die on this hill gosh darn it

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah, Rex’s goose is cooked imo as there is Xenoblade 2 music in the base game. While Spring Man’s an AT, there’s currently no ARMS music in the base game and all DLC (minus piranha plant) will come with music, so maybe the absence of ARMS music was another ARMS rep’s saving grace. What other Xenoblade 2 songs are you gonna add with Rex? They got all the major ones.

you know what DOESN’T have music in base? Xenoblade X. That’s right

it’s Elma time. I will die on this hill gosh darn it
We just gotta keep dreaming!

I hope what you say is true and maybe adding Elma is an way to making up for Rex.
Mortal Kombat was a pivotal moment for all of gaming, whether for better or worse. It had a powerful impact and influenced a lot of ideas overseas since the game itself was critically received well. There actually is a company represented in Smash that was impacted by it. Without it, SNK would've lost a mascot.

Nakoruru wouldn't have existed, because Mortal Kombat was a key influencer in Samurai Shodown's development. No MK, no Samsho.

I didn't mean to get preachy there, but the game itself isn't some mystical fad that only rad Westerners could ever understand. :p
And yet...

Nakoruru at most was an mii costume but obviously that's not an argument as Terry is the mascot and face of SNK so of course they'd go with him.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And yet...

Nakoruru at most was an mii costume but obviously that's not an argument as Terry is the mascot and face of SNK.
:facepalm: Dude, the point wasn't if Nakoruru was gonna be a Smash character or if she's SNK's main poster character, I'm saying that the game Mortal Kombat from 1992 did influence some major titles from companies overseas. Nakoruru appears on SNK's social programs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 269218

I would love to see Sakurai's dancing around the M-Rated content in his presentation.

"Mortal Kombat is an M-Rated series. So, I won't be able to use all the exact terminology from the series. Please understand."

"When an opponent it at 100% damage, or below 30hp in stamina mode, Scorpion can use a special "finishing move". There are two of them; Toasty! and Brutal Uppercut; and they are an instant KO for any opponent that they hit. Toasty! is Scorpion's finishing move from the original Mortal Kombat, and Brutal Uppercut is a reference to the series famous Stage Finishers."

"His final Smash is based on his Super Attack from the game Injustice: Gods Among Us"

That last one wasn't him dancing around gore. I just think that would most likely be his Final Smash if they incorporate the finisher system I described.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What other Xenoblade 2 songs are you gonna add with Rex? They got all the major ones.
- Counterattack
- Gormott
- Roaming the Wastes (Mor Ardain)
- Exploration
- Song of Giga Rosa
- Incoming!
- Drifting Soul
- You Will Recall Our Names
- The Power of Jin
- Driver Vs
- Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate
- After Despair and Hope

Still plenty of noteworthy tracks to include with Rex.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would love to see Sakurai's dancing around the M-Rated content in his presentation.

"Mortal Kombat is an M-Rated series. So, I won't be able to use all the exact terminology from the series. Please understand."

"When an opponent it at 100% damage, or below 30hp in stamina mode, Scorpion can use a special "finishing move". There are two of them; Toasty! and Brutal Uppercut; and they are an instant KO for any opponent that they hit. Toasty! is Scorpion's finishing move from the original Mortal Kombat, and Brutal Uppercut is a reference to the series famous Stage Finishers."

"His final Smash is based on his Super Attack from the game Injustice: Gods Among Us"

That last one wasn't him dancing around gore. I just think that would most likely be his Final Smash if they incorporate the finisher system I described.
He's obviously gonna play the Super Nintendo version of MK1 where everything is censored. :p

I wanna see how Sakurai tackles M-Rated characters in general. Doom Slayer, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, whatever comes to mind, I wanna see what he does to sneak around all the stuff that's not for good boys and girls.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If we were to get a Warner rep, I'd put my money on the one that had an official crossover with nintendo franchises, not one that's next-to-unknown in Japan.
1586886304667.png

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
MK also influenced Capcom at one point when they commissioned the same company that made Time Killers to create Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. :p MK had inspired the digitized art direction in that game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
MK also influenced Capcom at one point when they commissioned the same company that made Time Killers to create Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. :p MK had inspired the digitized art direction in that game.
I completely forgot about that.

I can only remember the fact that there are two completely separate builds of the Movie tie-in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. In all honesty. Who is more likely, Master Chief or DoomSlayer? Is it Chief because MS already has content in the game? Or is it the Slayer because of Nintendo and Bethesda's chummy relationship? Does Chief's energy based weaponry give him an edge over DoomSlayer's real bullets and chainsaws, or does Doom's legacy outweigh Halo's popularity? I just can't decide. I don't think they'll BOTH happen, at least not in this game, but I flip flop between the two CONSTANTLY.

D

Deleted member

OK. In all honesty. Who is more likely, Master Chief or DoomSlayer? Is it Chief because MS already has content in the game? Or is it the Slayer because of Nintendo and Bethesda's chummy relationship? Does Chief's energy based weaponry give him an edge over DoomSlayer's real bullets and chainsaws, or does Doom's legacy outweigh Halo's popularity? I just can't decide. I don't think they'll BOTH happen, at least not in this game, but I flip flop between the two CONSTANTLY.
The real big-brained answer is neither are getting in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom