• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This clip accurately summarises the last couple hours of my life playing Fortune street with the fam

I was Kyle.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My ideal dream DLC for Smash only appeals to people who play M-Rated games. and waluigi fans

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Every fighters pass with Steve gets an 10/10 from me, +9 points if you have Geno, +a few more if you have some cool peoples such as Reimu, Doomguy or Crash.

Noipoi Noipoi your pass ft. Shrek, Cory Baxter, and Shrek is perfection.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm a pretty huge advocate for Steve now, he's next-in-line for a Microsoft character unless we're going to devolve into Master Chief VS Steve debates.

You can hate Steve but damn you can't tell me he's not Smash worthy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ann sure likes to go boungy boingy...I'm starting to think she's the sex symbol of the Phantom Theives...
for starters why isn't this Joker, and why am I only just remembering Ann is 16? Japan age of consent is so confusing for me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
An interesting documentary-ish video on a game that was cashing in on trends, wasn't really that great, but at least had a bit of passion behind it, I guess.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
An interesting documentary-ish video on a game that was cashing in on trends, wasn't really that great, but at least had a bit of passion behind it, I guess.
when I was a kid, I had this superhero opossum character I created called Awesome Opossum, thought it was the coolest and most original name ever

then like five or so years ago, I found out this game existed :drsad:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
when I was a kid, I had this superhero opossum character I created called Awesome Opossum, thought it was the coolest and most original name ever

then like five or so ago, I found out this game existed :drsad:
Don't feel too bad, so many people came up with the name people got sued for it in the video I posted.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pikmin is by far Nintendo's most stressful franchise. Like it's fun, but golly does it really do a number in your mentality. Like, everything has to be pitch perfect in real time to play the game properly, and that's pretty hard with the amount of things to manage.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pikmin is by far Nintendo's most stressful franchise. Like it's fun, but golly does it really do a number in your mentality. Like, everything has to be pitch perfect in real time to play the game properly, and that's pretty hard with the amount of things to manage.
chibi-robo on the gamecube is actually really stressful when it comes to pivotal plot moments, chibi-robo is easy to damage and get blown apart

there is plot, the game is actually ****ing sad and super depressing. lots of themes of divorce and abandonment

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
chibi-robo on the gamecube is actually really stressful when it comes to pivotal plot moments, chibi-robo is easy to damage and get blown apart

there is plot, the game is actually ****ing sad and super depressing. lots of themes of divorce and abandonment
Must have been stressful for the big N too, since they just straight up sabotaged and killed the franchise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Must have been stressful for the big N too, since they just straight up sabotaged and killed the franchise.
pikmin was already showing signs of chibi-robo syndrome by making a sidescroller platformer for the 3DS

the only difference is that miyamoto apparently still wants it alive lucky

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We never got the direct sequel to the GameCube game and I will always a tiny resentment towards NOA for this decision as the GameCube game is one of my favorite games on the systems and finding out they made an actual sequel to it that never left Japan makes me sad.

Pikmin 4 is coming, it's almost complete.
Hahaha, Miyamoto is the only person at Nintendo who actually gives a **** about Pikmin, that's hilarious.

...that is actually sad ngl

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hahaha, Miyamoto is the only person at Nintendo who actually gives a **** about Pikmin, that's hilarious.

...that is actually sad ngl
Miyamoto and Arlo are like the only people who care that much about Pikmin.
If the Titan Dweevil doesn't appear in Pikmin 4, I will be A N G E R Y.
He dead though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got done with Tetris Effect. This is easily one of the best games I've played. A cynical man would say it's just Tetris with a pretty coat of paint, but damn is it a pretty coat.

Controls are tight and everything works as it should. It's Tetris; that's a given. What really sells it are the colorful visuals and immersive music. Backgrounds are these stunning visual setpieces with particles, glimmering lights, colorful and diverse locals. Everything moves and feels so alive while you stack blocks. Tetris never looked as good as this, and it zones me out to focus harder on the puzzles. It wakes my brain up, which means a quick game can give me practical stimuli that prepares me for the day.

And the music

Oh my god. This **** is too good for a dumb simple puzzle game. Not only is the soundtrack good, but parts of the song is in response to your movement. The most memorable section was the city level where it just played piano every time you moved or switched pieces. Furthermore, the music grows in intensity the further the difficulty increases, which pumps you up further. I don't even know how Tetris survived this long without this kind of gameplay and music integration.

It's just so satisfying and captivating to play. This is peak presentation in any game I've played.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Emperor Bulbax died in Pikmin 1, and returned in the 2nd game. (Why not Titan Dweevil too!?)
I mean, the easiest explanation is that the Dweevil died. Wouldn't mind seeing him back though.

But if we want to go into fan canon territory where it all has to do with Louie or somethjng, then we're opening an massive can of worms that I'm not touching.

If anything, the real villians of Pikmin 2 is capitalism and a dumbass President.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so many pieces of dialogue being voiced over in P5R is such a satisfaction
the Phantom Thieves being depressed in the Velvet Room...I felt their dialogue to perfection

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
so many pieces of dialogue being voiced over in P5R is such a satisfaction
the Phantom Thieves being depressed in the Velvet Room...I felt their dialogue to perfection
I am just now realizing that scene wasn't voiced originally.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I mean, the easiest explanation is that the Dweevil died. Wouldn't mind seeing him back though.

But if we want to go into fan canon territory where it all has to do with Louie or somethjng, then we're opening an massive can of worms that I'm not touching.

If anything, the real villians of Pikmin 2 is capitalism and a dumbass President.
Agree, if the Dweevil comes back, I would have it being posthumous with decaying skin and one of the arms is missing along with the legs stripped down to the bone and bits of tissue holding them. (Maybe have the Plasm Wraith use it's undead body like a host which would be neat and cool?)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Dream Rosters? Does it have to be realistic?

Cause Silver/Tails for Sonic
Waluigi, Paper Mario, or Shy Guy (should've been the playable mook :,() for Mario
Spring Man + Ribbon Girl echo to destroy the fan rules completely
Spyro
And... Uh, Cinderace/Inteleon or Toxtricity I guess.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The passing of Rick Mays really hit me hard, ngl.

For someone who's nowhere near as famous as say, Charles Martinet in the voice acting world, his work was influential to gaming and internet culture as a whole.

"Do a barrel roll!" is still one of the most iconic memes ever created, and his work as Soldier from TF2 is beyond iconic. He gave amazing character to a character who, to this day, is extremely quotable due to how bat**** insane and hilarious he was.

I'm gonna miss him, **** Covid-19, man.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I could finally take a break and do some stuff stuff to distract myself and clear my mind:
SKETCH2.png

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD I cannot help it when it comes to making the most odd crossovers with whatever is that I am playing or focused on (I have done this before with other characters). xP Plus I don't know why I found Eevee and the Eeveelutions fitting for them. (xP And I know what Talion's Eevee would turn into).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Switching avatars for a while in honor of our fallen soldier.

This news is just disheartening. I knew he had loads of health problems, but I always hoped he had a lot more life in him, and never would I have imagined that he'd go out like this. Still can't believe such an iconic voice actor and all around great guy is just...gone.

Shroob

Sup?
Switching avatars for a while in honor of our fallen soldier.

This news is just disheartening. I knew he had loads of health problems, but I always hoped he had a lot more life in him, and never would I have imagined that he'd go out like this. Still can't believe such an iconic voice actor and all around great guy is just...gone.
Makes hearing his final line in Expiration Date hit a little bit harder now tbh.

"Good news Scout! We are not dying, we are going to live forever!"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Makes hearing his final line in Expiration Date hit a little bit harder now tbh.

"Good news Scout! We are not dying, we are going to live forever!"
People have been sharing that exact line in memory of him all across the 'net from what I've been reading.

Rick may not have been able to live forever, but his memory and legacy will.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Best Wishes to Rick Mays' family and friends. It's always hard to lose someone you care about, especially in a situation like a virus, let alone this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom