• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hot take: Pichu's nerfs were a bit overkill. I bet a lot of people complaining about Pichu being OP weren't dealing with a ton of Pichu, they just hated having a reminder that there's more to Pokemon than Mewtwo/what's competitive in Pokemon and Smash is separate.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Hot take: Pichu's nerfs were a bit overkill. I bet a lot of people complaining about Pichu being OP weren't dealing with a ton of Pichu, they just hated having a reminder that there's more to Pokemon than Mewtwo/what's competitive in Pokemon and Smash is separate.
I don't really know because my main drops Pichu hard even then but I don't think nerfing an middle of top teir fighter like that was needed when other better fighters get by with no nerfs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't really know because my main drops Pichu hard even then but I don't think nerfing an middle of top teir fighter like that was needed when other better fighters get by with no nerfs.
Pichu was already dropping in player count even without the nerfs. It's a hard character as is, didn't need to make it harder.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just saying that I think genre arguments are dumb if there’s nothing from said genre they can incorporate into Smash, like the shotos with their command inputs and such, them being FPS isn’t gonna matter when they’re gonna be added to a 2D third person environment.
If the KI devs can add Arbiter and be faithful with Grenades, Overshields and the Carbine then Sakurai can add an FPS character and be faithful.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This started of good but then it you lost your mind, people complained because Pichu counterplay hadn't been figured out alongside that infamous ftilt, where the ACTUAL **** are you getting that second bit? Especially as no humanoids were considered especially good in competitive back then and even now alongside the fact that Pikachu and PT's mons aren't good in competitive Pokemon. I swear, this is ****ing cultlike behaivour

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
His Ftilt was actually cancer and needed to be nerfed tbh, and him pancaking everywhere was mad annoying (hope they address this with Pikachu).
Idk on the 2nd part considering that Incin and Mewtwo are trash in this game, and I wouldn't consider Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Pikachu, and base Charizard to be viable in Pokemon.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Idk on the 2nd part considering that Incin and Mewtwo are trash in this game, and I wouldn't consider Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Pikachu, and base Charizard to be viable in Pokemon.
That's what I mean when I said what's competitive in Pokemon and Smash is separate.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a man and his cat in a jazz club...also WWE is now an essential business during this whole corona persona situation
What if we got Ninjala content in Smash?
that wouldn’t be too big of a surprise...especially if they somehow manage to get a fighter included (as I still wish they were still older)
I am just now realizing that scene wasn't voiced originally.
yeah. Too many things that weren’t voiced over getting voiced over, everything feels so right hearing them speak more and more
Implying that Cloud is actually coming back for future Smash titles.
Cloud being cut wouldn’t even be a big deal for me tbh...
Huh i thought Splatoon was a very unique fun game and experience....
that’s because it was and is...woomy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
While it's great that Sam Raimi is officially on board for Doctor Strange 2, I'll still be pretty disappointed if the movie falls flat on its "cosmic horror" spin that it touted during its reveal last year. There's a ton of insanely cool stuff you can do with that premise within a superhero movie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go to bed, I figure I share something I got recently, a commi featuring a brand new OC I haven't talked before.

Without further words, here it is.
Levi All 3 jpeg.jpg
His name is Levi, a fun yet mysterious & tricky detective whose origin are unknown, he is a mix of kitsune & tanuki and participate in the same tournament that Marsa, Antrice & others of the like. While his goals aren't clear, he enter the battle not for any particular price, but just find cool peoples to mess around with & to discover more about the worlds and such.

He also is pretty comfortable with wearing both men & women outfit, as demonstrate by the Miko outfit he wear on the left. This outfit however seem to be connected to his origin, but that's a topic for another day...

Hope you like him, and while I won't answer certains questions, feel free to ask still and I see what I can offer, on that all said, have a good night. ;)

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday , Wademan94 Wademan94 @Taylor F , Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! hope I haven't missed anyone who I didn't share this already, been awhile since I did that :V

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While it's great that Sam Raimi is officially on board for Doctor Strange 2, I'll still be pretty disappointed if the movie falls flat on its "cosmic horror" spin that it touted during its reveal last year. There's a ton of insanely cool stuff you can do with that premise within a superhero movie.
Just hope for the best. Stuff like Into the Spider-Verse got to do its own thing and it worked out well. And even Raimi's Spider-Man movies have some influence from his horror roots for certain scenes. Nolan's Batman has Crime Drama elements, Logan has Western influence. I'm sure he'll be able to at least add his flavor to the film to some extent. Though I do understand you worrying about the films getting a little conveyor belt-ish. I'm not as interested into the MCU as other people, only really watching the films of characters I give a **** about, but that's on me.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Before I go to bed, I figure I share something I got recently, a commi featuring a brand new OC I haven't talked before.

His name is Levi, a fun yet mysterious & tricky detective whose origin are unknown, he is a mix of kitsune & tanuki and participate in the same tournament that Marsa, Antrice & others of the like. While his goals aren't clear, he enter the battle not for any particular price, but just find cool peoples to mess around with & to discover more about the worlds and such.

He also is pretty comfortable with wearing both men & women outfit, as demonstrate by the Miko outfit he wear on the left. This outfit however seem to be connected to his origin, but that's a topic for another day...

Hope you like him, and while I won't answer certains questions, feel free to ask still and I see what I can offer, on that all said, have a good night. ;)

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday , Wademan94 Wademan94 @Taylor F , Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! hope I haven't missed anyone who I didn't share this already, been awhile since I did that :V
Nice job on your OC!

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice

Wow that's really cool are you writing or making something with him in it?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know how many of you guys know about WizzyWhipItWonderful, but the dude does a great job capturing the Capcom sound of SFA and the Marvel games. He also did the music for the Hyper DBZ fangame. His Annihilus theme is a banger.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
what even is a true essential business anymore world?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
:ultpichu: needed to be nerfed. He's still outrageous in what he can do to you but is now balanced by not being able to take much punishment.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
what even is a true essential business anymore world?
I would assume, Hospitals, Banks, Fire Fighters, Police, Pharmacies, Food/Super Markets, Trash Pickup.

If you want to stretch it, maaaaaybe Mechanics(although how many people should be out and about driving now?) and Restaurants. Oh, and whoever trims parks from getting too wild looking.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
:ultpichu: needed to be nerfed. He's still outrageous in what he can do to you but is now balanced by not being able to take much punishment.
Its not that he was nerfed it's that he got nerfs way to much and now hes just self damaging Pikachu that dies at 75%

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Just found out my deaf ant with Asma that lives with us is getting tested for Coronaviris. She has the mind of a 8 year old and is super scared and upset she can't be near us. And the whole family has to shelter in place for 3-4 days while she gets tested. So i guess i got some extra time on my hands anyone got some Disney+ bringing material?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 was it you who watched the ending of FFVII Remake or was it someone else here?

I've completed it and read what actually happened and now I'm like the **** since I didn't really understand part of the ending.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Its funny how people are complaining about Pichu being overshadowed by Pikachu when pre-nerf, Pikachu was the one being overshadowed. That's a problem that just seems impossible to avoid, but with Pichu being more risky and Pika being the more "balanced" version, I think Pichu was meant to be the more niche pick to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom