• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Looking forward to it.

Is that 36 hours with everything completed or do you still have some side quests and such left to do?
The story itself and most side quests. I'll do a quick thoughts now that I've read and clarified what went on for you and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 along with anyone else who is interested hearing. My thoughts on the FFVII Remake.
Be interested in seeing your thoughts on my quick look on it.

1. Read thoughts from a few places online about the game.
GameFAQs reaction is they are still salty about Tifa's **** a year on, annoyed about Midgar only and stomping around like angry man children.
Reddit was mixed some people agree with it and some didn't especially the direction.

2. Quick plus and minuses.

So rating for it is more 8.5 out of 10 for me.

+Music
+Graphics
+Writing and Voice Acting in both English and Japanese
+Battle System
+Feels like working and focusing on Midgar was actually a good idea. Made the city a character in a sense.

-Wished the game was a bit more open.
-Chapters really should have been split more evenly or less of them.

+ and - for the Ending.

3. Ending Thoughts

Well that was interesting, confusing and a little disappointing.

1. An alternate timeline? What I wanted was a sort of like that but not this heavy. Stuff like either Jessie, Biggs or Wedge surviving and one dealing with guilt, Zack's mentor and Genesis being acknowledged and what not.

2. Zack lives but not? Crossing timelines? Cloud and Sephiroth fighting at The Edge of Creation? Confusing as hell and then some.

3. Very messy ending and ambiguous. I sort of liked it but am annoyed by it. Not the first FF this has happened.

So I'm interested in seeing where the road will lead next in Gaia. First God of War, now this. **** man, just transport me a few years and let me see it all in the saga's story.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The story itself and most side quests. I'll do a quick thoughts now that I've read and clarified what went on for you and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 along with anyone else who is interested hearing. My thoughts on the FFVII Remake.
Be interested in seeing your thoughts on my quick look on it.

1. Read thoughts from a few places online about the game.
GameFAQs reaction is they are still salty about Tifa's **** a year on, annoyed about Midgar only and stomping around like angry man children.
Reddit was mixed some people agree with it and some didn't especially the direction.

2. Quick plus and minuses.

So rating for it is more 8.5 out of 10 for me.

+Music
+Graphics
+Writing and Voice Acting in both English and Japanese
+Battle System
+Feels like working and focusing on Midgar was actually a good idea. Made the city a character in a sense.

-Wished the game was a bit more open.
-Chapters really should have been split more evenly or less of them.

+ and - for the Ending.

3. Ending Thoughts

Well that was interesting, confusing and a little disappointing.

1. An alternate timeline? What I wanted was a sort of like that but not this heavy. Stuff like either Jessie, Biggs or Wedge surviving and one dealing with guilt, Zack's mentor and Genesis being acknowledged and what not.

2. Zack lives but not? Crossing timelines? Cloud and Sephiroth fighting at The Edge of Creation? Confusing as hell and then some.

3. Very messy ending and ambiguous. I sort of liked it but am annoyed by it. Not the first FF this has happened.

So I'm interested in seeing where the road will lead next in Gaia. First God of War, now this. **** man, just transport me a few years and let me see it all in the saga's story.
You know what I think the ending is
an excuse to have a Sephiroth fight at the end of all three parts. That's it. I really don't think they'll be much significant deviation from the overall plot minus a few details like Zack and Jessie/Biggs/Wedge.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ive been derping around in melee and WOW this game feels different. I mean, i expected that going in, but I could never go competitive in this game. Not a chance.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So to my friends here like Wademan94 Wademan94 Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade and Lamperouge Lamperouge plus whoever. What do you guys do when you finish a game and feel empty as hell?

Now done with FFVII Remake, it's like I need to cling to something again or spend time reflecting on it.
That's the mark of an incredibly good game when you finish it and realize you were so invested in its world and characters that you now feel lonely without them lol

All I can really say is to start a new game in a different series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So to my friends here like Wademan94 Wademan94 Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade and Lamperouge Lamperouge plus whoever. What do you guys do when you finish a game and feel empty as hell?

Now done with FFVII Remake, it's like I need to cling to something again or spend time reflecting on it.
Do what I've been doing and work towards the platinum trophy.

Unless you already got it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This track is a *really* good one...

but my personal favorite Bayonetta track is from the 2nd game...

Moon River's good, but I dunno, I just really love the first. Wonder what "Moon" related song will show up in Bayo 3.

I wish they didn’t remove them.

Speaking of, imagine this getting a “WOAH OH OH” remix:
Weirdest thing? They weren't originally, in the September direct that showed off the Belmonts and K. Rool, it listed 13 songs (there are eleven in the final game). I wonder if they just lost the rights, or if this was an error made? Surely not the latter, because it's been over a year and it's such an oversight...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still surreal to me that we never got Lanky as an ARMS guest yet at the same time, ARMS managed to get a different clown-like hand standing red nosed character who's special ability just so happened to be inflating themselves

coincidence?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still surreal to me that we never got Lanky as an ARMS guest yet at the same time, ARMS managed to get a different hand standing red nosed character character who could just so happen to inflate themselves

coincidence?
That’s because Lanky is the villain in the sequel

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Do what I've been doing and work towards the platinum trophy.
Unless you already got it.
Nice suggestion but I don't really platinum games. Not my thing really. If it's two trophies away then I do it.

That's the mark of an incredibly good game when you finish it and realize you were so invested in its world and characters that you now feel lonely without them lol

All I can really say is to start a new game in a different series.
Honestly it feels like new releases are the only things that can hold my attention span longer than an hour these days,
FFVII Remake did remind me why I love RPGs. Great settings and characters, fun worlds and great music.

It'll be hard to top Trails of Cold Steel and Xenoblade for me though JRPG wise. And still doesn't topple Nier Automata as Square Enix's best game this gen. Far from it.

As for world to explore I think I'll go anime-side and watch Girls Last Tour and get The Outer Worlds games wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom