• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean, yeah, that's a possibility. But it doesn't really answer the question. You basically just shrugged your shoulders.
That's because I don't see any evidence that boosts either likelihood. Both companies have series on Switch, both are iconic FPS series that still go strong to this day, both have a good relationship with Nintendo right now, both don't have strong leaks in either favor. They practically have equal merits as far as I'm concerned.

dude look at the cover he's literally holding a gun
So does Dante.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't think Rex will get in. It would make the purchase bonus for Pass 1 essentially worthless. I don't think base game Mii Costumes de confirm, nor do I think Mii Costumes from the previous game automatically de confirm. But I am pretty sure DLC Mii Costumes do. Same with Spirits.
How would it become worthless? You'd still be able to dress your Mii up as bootleg Rex even if the real deal gets in later down the road. Besides, we still have Mii costumes for characters already playable in Ultimate like Chrom and K. Rool.

I just find it a bit hard to believe that people would riot if their bonus Mii costume was upgraded, especially since most will buy the pass for the characters packs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got snake and Kid Kat in my town in animal crossing!

Now Claus needs to leave and I can go find someone else is really like in my town.

D

Deleted member

How would it become worthless? You'd still be able to dress your Mii up as bootleg Rex even if the real deal gets in later down the road. Besides, we still have Mii costumes for characters already playable in Ultimate like Chrom and K. Rool.

I just find it a bit hard to believe that people would riot if their bonus Mii costume was upgraded, especially since most will buy the pass for the characters packs.
Pretty much this. If you bought the Fighters Pass just for the Rex mii costume, chances are you wanted Rex as a playable character. I don't think any Xenoblade 2 fan would give a **** about their mii costume being obsolete in that scenario.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This isn’t a knock against Doomguy or Chief overall, but I still don’t get why the whole “representation of FPS” thing matters when there’s arguably not much you can do with it in Smash from a gameplay standpoint.
Like how any wacky-haired guy with a sword is just another Marth, a guy with a gun is just another Samus. :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

This isn’t a knock against Doomguy or Chief overall, but I still don’t get why the whole “representation of FPS” thing matters when there’s arguably not much you can do with it in Smash from a gameplay standpoint.
I look at it from moveset potential. Some of my favorite characters are strong fighters with interesting zoning options like :ultsnake::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:. Plus I'm just curious how Sakurai would transition a FPS character into Smash Bros. I don't count Samus because she's largely interpreted from her 2D games.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Needs more bang bang and less stab stab in my Smash Bruddas

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Like how any wacky-haired guy with a sword is just another Marth, a guy with a gun is just another Samus. :upsidedown:
Just saying that I think genre arguments are dumb if there’s nothing from said genre they can incorporate into Smash, like the shotos with their command inputs and such, them being FPS isn’t gonna matter when they’re gonna be added to a 2D third person environment.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just saying that I think genre arguments are dumb if there’s nothing from said genre they can incorporate into Smash, like the shotos with their command inputs and such, them being FPS isn’t gonna matter when they’re gonna be added to a 2D third person environment.
What do you mean? FPS mechanics aren't hard to incorporate into a 2.5D setting, it's the exact same but now it's from another perspective. We're not here for the FPS, we're here because it's the goddamn Chief and Slayer.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, first of all, it's a genre that really isn't represented in the game at all. I know some people don't think that matters, but I do. Beyond that... well, it would be interesting to see I guess. Because it's a genre he hasn't tackled before I just get curious as to how he would go about it.
What do you mean? FPS mechanics aren't hard to incorporate into a 2.5D setting, it's the exact same but now it's from another perspective.
Exactly. Reloading and weapon switching come to mind. The ability to run and shoot at the same time. Maybe even the whole regenerating shield thing Lockstin described in his Chief video.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just saying that I think genre arguments are dumb if there’s nothing from said genre they can incorporate into Smash, them being FPS isn’t gonna matter when they’re gonna be added to a 2D third person environment.
It's like how people wanted Pac-Man, the granddaddy of video games. Sure he plays nothing like the arcade games, but the very fact that the most iconic arcade experience made it into Smash Bros is something that makes him appreciable despite his moveset.

The same can apply to DOOM or Halo. Both are legacy FPS series, and the very thought of them being in is something to appreciate. When Smash is now considered a celebration of gaming, it'd be great to see it celebrate the FPS genre with its strongest candidates.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's like how people wanted Pac-Man, the granddaddy of video games. Sure he plays nothing like the arcade games, but the very fact that the most iconic arcade experience made it into Smash Bros is something that makes him appreciable despite his moveset.

The same can apply to DOOM or Halo. Both are legacy FPS series, and the very thought of them being in is something to appreciate. When Smash is now considered a celebration of gaming, it'd be great to see it celebrate the FPS genre with its strongest candidates.
Same reason I really want Atari content and a Tetris stage.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Splatoon is a Third Person shooter that absolutely can't function in a 2D enviroment.

The solution was to just cram in as much weapons into her moveset as possible without making it awkward. And then they translate the whole transforming gimmick into their movement, like running and dodges.

Turns out, all you need to adapt a shooter character is to simply throw in cool iconic weapons and maneuvers that they can do in their game. Nobody plays shooters for the perspective lol.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Splatoon is a Third Person shooter that absolutely can't function in a 2D enviroment.

The solution was to just cram in as much weapons into her moveset as possible without making it awkward. And then they translate the whole transforming gimmick into their movement, like running and dodges.

Turns out, all you need to adapt a shooter character is to simply throw in cool iconic weapons and maneuvers that they can do in their game. Nobody plays shooters for the perspective lol.
There's also the whole inking mechanic.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright, alright. I concede. I guess I don’t have proper experience with that genre, but if one of them makes it and they can make those kind of mechanics work, then I’d be all for it. It always just seemed more like a title than anything to me for a while. If I had to pick, I’d personally go with Doomguy.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gimmie Doom Guy, don't care if he work or not, I just want to RIP AND TEAR THAT RAT!!!!!
rip and tear.jpg
Pichu is fine tho, ain't going to hurt a character the balance team already nerfed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Coward. Real men rip Pichu's skull off of its shoulders.
Ripping a head with your belly take skills, I admit that.

Still, that freakin' rat named Pikachu always gave me bad time no matter which Smash game I play, I MUST HAVE MY REVEEEEEEEENGE!!!
rip and tear MAX.jpg

(btw, AndreaAC AndreaAC , got something for ya on Discord, check out when you can)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Actually that was a wild guess haha
xD REALLY?! Wow, you are amazing, NSG! And I was going to jokingly say that it was going to be a Shiny Espeon instead, but I was so dumbstruck at your response that I didn't so it in the end!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, don’t play stamina with Pichu unless you really don’t like winning.
Or just use move that don't use electricity.

Still hard, but hey, i'm sure you can dunk on a Little Mac or two with that. :V

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know it just occurred to me that the PS4 had downloaded PS2 games yet Atlus never bothered to port P4 and P3 onto the service.

...Yet they released P3 and P4 spin off titles on PS4, where's the logic in this?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Do Pichu mains even exist anymore?
According to the SSBWiki, there's quite a number of Pichu players who're still active. What's also pretty cool to see is that one of the best Pichu players happen to reside in the same state as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom