• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I know the topic was more about Persona, but everyone who watched Code Geass dubbed is a heretic. I tried to look for clips from youtube to show one time and they were all dubs. And what a weak dub it is. Not that I would like it even if it was a bit better because the Japanese Lelouch voice actor is way too good.
While I personally think the Code Geass dub is a piece of **** too, I wouldn't look down on anyone who happens to enjoy it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I haven't played Smash in months, and I went up against someone today who I've heard is really, really good. I was afraid I was gonna suck at it, but I actually won most of the rounds.
1586818378976.png

Those rounds were really ****ing tense though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's mostly a jab about how players feel inadequate because of how their communities make such good creations, and they don't feel up to snuff.
That has been my entire life with stage builder.

I have good ideas but my thumb is so big that I can't properly utilize the switch touch screen and bring them to life.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's mostly a jab about how players feel inadequate because of how their communities make such good creations, and they don't feel up to snuff.
Dude I main the shotos, I see people one-upping my skills every day when they pull off some insane combo.

I didn't even know Ryu's up-air goes into true shoryuken until now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So don't know if ya guys heard but Disney has once again put another Disney classic onto their list of live-action remakes.

Robin Hood.

And I thought the image of live-action Stitch was horrifying...I can only imagine them doing this in the form of Lion King or better yet...Cats...

Why couldn't this have been CGI animated like Zootopia?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
While I personally think the Code Geass dub is a piece of **** too, I wouldn't look down on anyone who happens to enjoy it.
Thank you.
CG's dub I'd rank lower than most, but it had a few stand-out performances, so I've heard worse (like most 4kids dubs, the Higurashi dub, etc.). But still, as you could tell from my frustration, it's the attitudes and sweeping judgment calls I'm significantly more upset with.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I don't have a ton of favorites since my pool of anime is still limited, but a few of them include the following:
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Kamina and Tetsuya Kakihara as Simon from Gurren Lagann
- Jun Fukuyama as Lelouch from Code Geass
- Shuichi Ikeda as Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mamoru Miyano as Light Yagami from Death Note
- Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang from FMA:B and Zamasu from Dragon Ball Super
- Ryusei Nakao as Freeza from Dragon Ball
- Ami Koshimizu as Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill and Kallen Kozuki from Code Geass
- Nobuyuki Hiyama in damn near everything
Ah good to see Ami Koshimizu in there. The voice of one of the best waifus in anime. Holo of course.

For me I'd would have to say.

-Rie Takahashi as Megumin from Konosuba, she kills it as the explosion obsessed Crimson Demon.
-Inori Minase as a lot of things. Rem in Re;Zero, Mari Tamaki in A Place Further Than The Universe etc.
-Mamoru Miyano in nearly everything. Always though him Ruiji in P5 was weak to me compared to him voicing in Zombieland Saga and Steins Gate.
-Takahiro Sakurai as Cloud of course but Crow in Trails of Cold Steel more.
-Yusuke Kobayashi as Senku in Dr Stone. A third seiyuu who has been in Re;Zero.
-Yui Ishikawa as Violet Evergarden. Drove me to tears in almost every episode.

Good to see a big fan in seiyuus Lamperouge Lamperouge . An anime fan as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thank you.
CG's dub I'd rank lower than most, but it had a few stand-out performances, so I've heard worse (like most 4kids dubs, the Higurashi dub, etc.). But still, as you could tell from my frustration, it's the attitudes and sweeping judgment calls I'm significantly more upset with.
One thing thr Higurashi dub did good for me was the screams and stuff also, yeah hear about the new higuarshi coming up?
---
also i made a dog muzzle
IMG_20200413_183139.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That has been my entire life with stage builder.

I have good ideas but my thumb is so big that I can't properly utilize the switch touch screen and bring them to life.
People are making stages that have their own custom hazards that are all based on interactivity and unique rotation effect, and here I am just making a crappy circle.
Dude I main the shotos, I see people one-upping my skills every day when they pull off some insane combo.

I didn't even know Ryu's up-air goes into true shoryuken until now.
I mean, I main Hero, and Acceleratle is supposedly busted, but the only thing busted that I found is that I some how SD all the time.
I also main Inkling, and I can barely space Bair properly.
Also main PT, and he's supposedly top 5, but all I do is just spam side b in hopes it hits.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
How incredibly open-minded of you. /s
If you like Japanese subs more, great. More power to you. But I'm sick of seeing this "dub watchers always have awful taste" narrative because it's not fair to make such a sweeping judgment.
People that only watch Subs say dubs are awful only because they can't tell if the Japanese performance is good or bad so it always sounds good to them
The heretic part was a joke. I have no preference between subs and dubs. One just happens to be better in this case.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, I just discovered that the Sanrio Amiibo cards give you posters in New Horizons, despite their respective villagers being removed from the game. I own two of those cards, so if anyone wants Japan exclusive amiibo stuff, lemme know.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
One thing thr Higurashi dub did good for me was the screams and stuff also, yeah hear about the new higuarshi coming up?
---
also i made a dog muzzle
View attachment 269137
New higurashi? Please explain.
Also been 6 years since I watched, but man I miss the series. While I first watched my favorite was Mion, but looking back I'd probably pick Rika as my favorite? Mainly due to Rika's fantastic character development in season 2.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
on the topic of the "it prints money" meme, I happened to stumble upon this variant:
prints money lol.gif

lol

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So don't know if ya guys heard but Disney has once again put another Disney classic onto their list of live-action remakes.

Robin Hood.

And I thought the image of live-action Stitch was horrifying...I can only imagine them doing this in the form of Lion King or better yet...Cats...

Why couldn't this have been CGI animated like Zootopia?
One of these days they'll run out of animated films to make live action remakes out if. One of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom