• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
on the topic of Disney, the one movie I was looking forward to this year, Raya and the Last Dragon, was just bumped from a November release to a March 2021 one

I completely understand the decisions due to current events on top of other delays, but this is gonna be our first completely original core Walt Disney Animation Studios film since Moana back in 2016,

please, it's been too long...:drsad:

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m just in the fence about getting a PS4 when it’s almost out the door.
I personally wait a year or two before buying a new console so a lot of the technical bugs can be ironed out. That, and the PS5 is likely going to cost around $500 compared to half of that with the PS4 (even less if you can find a used one in decent condition) and I doubt the launch lineup will be compelling enough to pick one up immediately.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rick May, the voice of Peppy Hare and Solider from TF2 just passed.

Covid claimed another.
I don't like to blame a year itself for the people who die during it's time...

..But .2020 sucks.

...With that said...

From giving advice on how to do Barrel Rolls by pressing Z or R twice as a proud and original member of team Star Fox, to being an crazed but well-meaning patriot armed with the power of rocket jumping with a love for teleporting bread as a member of a team of nine unforgettable deadly mercenaries, you brought a lot of joy to the video game fans everywhere in your lifetime....Rest peacefully, Rick May.

Noipoi

Howdy!
on the topic of Disney, the one movie I was looking forward to this year, Raya and the Last Dragon, was just bumped from a November release to a March 2021 one

I completely understand the decisions due to current events on top of other delays, but this is gonna be our first completely original core Walt Disney Animation Studios film since Moana back in 2016,

please, it's been too long...:drsad:
It’s fine, I didn’t wanna see a Disney movie about dragons anyway...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I personally wait a year or two before buying a new console so a lot of the technical bugs can be ironed out. That, and the PS5 is likely going to cost around $500 compared to half of that with the PS4 (even less if you can find a used one in decent condition) and I doubt the launch lineup will be compelling enough to pick one up immediately.
My reason is just in case a 2014 happened in which next gen starts but no really killer games or new releases become disappointments. Remembers Ubisoft and all the delays.

I bought my PS4 in late 2014 and for about three-four months all I really had was Infamous and Shadow of Mordor. Spent that time ironing out my 3DS and Vita collection. Then Mortal Kombat X came out in April.

Really gonna consider waiting this time again.

Throwing out my experience to Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like I'm going to wait for PS5, only because it took so long for the PS3 and PS4 to be worthwhile.

But if there's a game that I really want at launch, that'll change.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, there's more to the update. Like I said in the previous post, there's new Animal Crossing: New Horizons profile icons (where's Wario & Waluigi?) but also:
  • Make bookmarks in the News sections
  • You can move software data between console and microSD card
  • You can remap the buttons to your controller (dayumn! That's awesome!)
  • STILL only a 140 character limit when posting to Twitter :glare:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, I just discovered that the Sanrio Amiibo cards give you posters in New Horizons, despite their respective villagers being removed from the game. I own two of those cards, so if anyone wants Japan exclusive amiibo stuff, lemme know.
Big Sanrio fan here, which posters do you have?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait, there's more to the update. Like I said in the previous post, there's new Animal Crossing: New Horizons profile icons (where's Wario & Waluigi?) but also:
  • Make bookmarks in the News sections
  • You can move software data between console and microSD card
  • You can remap the buttons to your controller (dayumn! That's awesome!)
  • STILL only a 140 character limit when posting to Twitter :glare:
Better late than never getting the option to move software between the console and sd.

Before you had to delete and redownload.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It appears that some (if not all) third party Switch controllers can't have the buttons remapped.

I've only tested this with my wireless PowerA GameCube style Pro Controller so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It appears that some (if not all) third party Switch controllers can't have the buttons remapped.

I've only tested this with my wireless PowerA GameCube style Pro Controller so far.
All third-party controllers Nintendo approves of has to be mandated to major updates for Switch updates. My controllers are based off of the 8.0.0 updates. They're probably going to start manufacturing controllers that go with the 10.0.0 update as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The more I hear Cloud talk to people in FF7R, the more I hear Ryo from Shenmue's blocky dialogue.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I just realized how little i'd been posting in here lately lol
What have I missed today?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tested more controllers:
  • Official GameCube controller via adapter
  • Pokkén Tournament fight pad
  • PDP wired GameCube style Pro Controller
  • Xbox One controller via Mayflash NS adapter
  • Third party Xbox One fight pad via Mayflash NS adapter
All of them could not have their buttons remapped in the settings menu. So it looks like only controllers Nintendo themselves made specially for the Switch can be remapped.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I never hear the words PK Fire again, it might just be too soon honestly.

Did alright online I guess. Except my Ryu is trash. Though I had one match where my third eye opened and I pulled a comeback.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I'm down for any of these. A new fighter is a new fighter.
What the hell is this “cool with anything” hippie garbage?”

If you don’t pick sides and vehemently despise anything that falls outside of your personal wishlist, I’m breaking your kneecaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom