• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Ash Williams is pretty much confirmed at this point.

The tease of the first Kombat Pack trailer had the sound of an chainsaw but he was replaced with Joker to promote the upcoming movie, so presumably he's been moved to Kombat Pack 2.

Also.

True, true.
Interesting, if the trademark information specifically says Ash comes from Army of Darkness, then I think that's a pretty safe bet that Bruce Campbell won't be the voice. There's a whole rights issue where one company owns the Evil Dead movies and one company owns Army of Darkness, or something like that. The recent Ash vs Evil Dead series wasn't allowed to reference anything introduced in the third movie because of the issues, and Bruce is more involved with that side.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Ash Williams is pretty much confirmed at this point.

The tease of the first Kombat Pack trailer had the sound of an chainsaw but he was replaced with Joker to promote the upcoming movie, so presumably he's been moved to Kombat Pack 2.
I’ve never seen the Evil Dead movies, so I can’t say for sure how Ash could work in a fighting game. But like I always say, he plays a mean game of Hold ‘Em, so he should be good in a fight.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve never seen the Evil Dead movies, so I can’t say for sure how Ash could work in a fighting game. But like I always say, he plays a mean game of Hold ‘Em, so he should be good in a fight.
Dude’s got a chainsaw arm, sawed off shotgun and has been fighting countless demons and possessed entities from the Necronomicon for years, I think he’d fit in just fine.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My boss pulled me in his office and told me that he's trying to get me a raise, so that's cool. Not expecting it to happen anytime soon with the ongoing pandemic but he sounded confident that I'd get something when it settles down.

Oh, and Amazon finally had the Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Works set available again so I put down a pre-order for that. :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another character that outside of the DC problem am surprised it hasn't yet.

Really loved the way The Joker was implemented and the Injustice and MK vs DC universes are canon to it. I would be for a hundred of those small interconnected canon game universes.

Makes you really appreciate the unique pre battle talking.
Makes you wonder if we'll finally get the proper Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe in the form of Mortal Kombat vs. Injustice especially knowing DC at times can be just as violent.

Plus one of Joker's dialogues towards one of the characters in MK11 hints at an Injustice 3.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started another run of Persona 5.

Only this time I started with the japanese audip, because I've played through this game at least 5 or 6 times since it originally came out and never once thought to play through it in japanese.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I started another run of Persona 5.

Only this time I started with the japanese audip, because I've played through this game at least 5 or 6 times since it originally came out and never once thought to play through it in japanese.
The sub definitely has its strengths for me, namely Jun Fukuyama as Joker since that pleases the Code Geass fanboy in me, but I love the dub for P5 so freaking much. Max Mittelman, Matt Mercer, and Robbie Daymond absolutely kill it as their respective characters.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The sub definitely has its strengths for me, namely Jun Fukuyama as Joker since that pleases the Code Geass fanboy in me, but I love the dub for P5 so freaking much. Max Mittelman, Matt Mercer, and Robbie Daymond absolutely kill it as their respective characters.
matt mercer's yusuke alone makes the dub a must for me

the delivery is ****ing perfect for both serious and comedic moments

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know this might be entirely the wrong place to ask, but to the Animal Crossing players on the thread, do you have both apples and pears on your island? I’m willing to trade a stack of each peaches, oranges, and cherries to get a stack of those two fruits.
i believe I have both but I have all the fruit so no fruit trade is nessesarry

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last night I had a dream where they released the Isle of Armour DLC. I remember being very disappointed that the only new Pokemon i could find was solo Vish.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Adventure Time was always a weird drug trip but season 4 got really weird even for that show. And dark.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Pretty much but I'm the opposite.

I like some of the actors in dub but the cast in sub I prefer (plus Japan setting, Japanese)
So Joker (Fukuyama is always Koro-sensei to me), Morgana voiced by Ikue Otani who's name should really be more well known thanks to being Pikachu.
Sora Amamiya who voices the Useless Goddess is in it is Kasumi and Rina Sato (her performance as Velvet in Berseria is iconic to me) is Makoto.

And for me two stand out.

Aoi Yuki is Futaba's voice. Freaking Tanya and Kino to me. The lead of my favourite anime the latter.

And of course the legend himself Mamoru Miyano is in it. If you want to convince anyone to at least accept that voice acting can stand out in not your native language, get them to watch his performance as Okabe in Steins Gate. They'll be convinced after.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I have been informed that Rick May's, voice actor of the Soldier from Team Fortress 2 has passed away due to Covid-19.

I am immensely saddened.

D

Deleted member

I have been informed that Rick May's, voice actor of the Soldier from Team Fortress 2 has passed away due to Covid-19.

I am immensely saddened.
Apparently he was also the voice of Peppy from Star Fox 64.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another character that outside of the DC problem am surprised it hasn't yet.

Really loved the way The Joker was implemented and the Injustice and MK vs DC universes are canon to it. I would be for a hundred of those small interconnected canon game universes.

Makes you really appreciate the unique pre battle talking.
#InjusticevMK

seriously. DC and MK fighters need to meet again en mass.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Pretty much but I'm the opposite.

I like some of the actors in dub but the cast in sub I prefer (plus Japan setting, Japanese)
So Joker (Fukuyama is always Koro-sensei to me), Morgana voiced by Ikue Otani who's name should really be more well known thanks to being Pikachu.
Sora Amamiya who voices the Useless Goddess is in it is Kasumi and Rina Sato (her performance as Velvet in Berseria is iconic to me) is Makoto.

And for me two stand out.

Aoi Yuki is Futaba's voice. Freaking Tanya and Kino to me. The lead of my favourite anime the latter.

And of course the legend himself Mamoru Miyano is in it. If you want to convince anyone to at least accept that voice acting can stand out in not your native language, get them to watch his performance as Okabe in Steins Gate. They'll be convinced after.
The biggest missed opportunity of the sub was not casting Miyano as Akechi for the full Light Yagami comparison.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I know the topic was more about Persona, but everyone who watched Code Geass dubbed is a heretic. I tried to look for clips from youtube to show one time and they were all dubs. And what a weak dub it is. Not that I would like it even if it was a bit better because the Japanese Lelouch voice actor is way too good.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Apparently he was also the voice of Peppy from Star Fox 64.
Well this was a neat yet depressing today I learned segment.

Ah man of culture as well. A lot of characters in PXZ2 I want in Smash.
I lowkey want Reiji playable, that way he could be a bit like Terry in that his spirit board not just has characters from his series bit also characters but other Namco properties, like Heihachi, Kosmos and Yuri.

And like Pacman only instead of having retro arcade fanservice it's fanservice for more modern era Namco stuff

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I know the topic was more about Persona, but everyone who watched Code Geass dubbed is a heretic. I tried to look for clips from youtube to show one time and they were all dubs. And what a weak dub it is. Not that I would like it even if it was a bit better because the Japanese Lelouch voice actor is way too good.
guess im a heretic then because I loved the dub

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
How incredibly open-minded of you. /s
If you like Japanese subs more, great. More power to you. But I'm sick of seeing this "dub watchers always have awful taste" narrative because it's not fair to make such a sweeping judgment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
How incredibly open-minded of you. /s
If you like Japanese subs more, great. More power to you. But I'm sick of seeing this "dub watchers always have awful taste" narrative because it's not fair to make such a sweeping judgment.
People that only watch Subs say dubs are awful only because they can't tell if the Japanese performance is good or bad so it always sounds good to them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spent the day in Animal Crossing building my town up a bit. Made a pretty nice shopping area so far. Got a lot left to do to fix up the island though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn, TF2 took a hit today. Soldier's voice actor died.

EDIT: Y'know when you post a media attachment and you just see a giant "****" in the start, I forget we have rules about that.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Aw damn you're right.

Definitely would worked.

Asking in general as you're a fan, favourite anime performances in Japanese?
I don't have a ton of favorites since my pool of anime is still limited, but a few of them include the following:

- Katsuyuki Konishi as Kamina and Tetsuya Kakihara as Simon from Gurren Lagann
- Jun Fukuyama as Lelouch from Code Geass
- Shuichi Ikeda as Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mamoru Miyano as Light Yagami from Death Note
- Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang from FMA:B and Zamasu from Dragon Ball Super
- Ryusei Nakao as Freeza from Dragon Ball
- Ami Koshimizu as Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill and Kallen Kozuki from Code Geass
- Nobuyuki Hiyama in damn near everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom