• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've become a Joker main and am trying to nail all the complex inputs during this pandemic while learning as much as possible so that when tourneys are on again I can compete. I have this crazy idea of being an actual competitive female Smash player.
You remind me of this one time I went to a local and this chick was out here competing with everybody. I didn't stay for long but wouldn't have been surprised if she made it to quarters.

Tourneys are awesome. Hope you do well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly not even surprised, although I’m pretty sure you could get the same thing if you use a turbo controller.
why not just get the Hori pro controller that has a turbo button
---i need some gothic stuff in AC. Why is the most commin color ****ing pink

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm loving Doom Eternal so far, though I don't know why anyone thought that first person platforming would be a good idea. At least you only lose a small amount of health when falling down a pit as opposed to dying.

Still, the game's a ton of fun, I like exploring levels to find all of the collectibles and secrets, and I'm enjoying all of the bonuses that I've gotten for trying out the recent releases of the various Doom games. (even if Doom 64's reward is a little lacking in comparison to the others) The Glory Kills are both brutal and entertaining - one in particular caught me off-guard when I thought it was repeated from Doom (2016) only to go in a much different (and more painful-looking) direction.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So...... Anyone have any news?
About two-three chapters away from completing FFVII Remake.

Taking a break and reminiscing with one of my friends about the time one of our classmates came in jacked up on cocaine and kept shouting about sweets.
My training college was a crazy place.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So uh how are you guys all doing by the way.

And outside of JD leaving (very well aware of that) have I missed anything yesterday on the forum?

Dutch Raikuna

Man I have a lot I need to work on.
I have got about two weeks worth of coursework to catch up on but this lockdown has lost all motivation for me.

On the bright side creative writing is coming back a bit for but I'll work on that later in the week.

You've got your voice acting as a side gig though correct me wrong.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I keep thinking about how I have to actually come out for it to be even a possibility that i'll be recognised as a competitive female player. I love the closet too much...

Rizen

Smash Legend
What sucks about getting older is I can't use my hands for hours strait anymore. I've been typing on my story and looking online a lot and my wrists are starting to hurt. I have to give them a break or risk carpal tunnel syndrome.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have got about two weeks worth of coursework to catch up on but this lockdown has lost all motivation for me.

On the bright side creative writing is coming back a bit for but I'll work on that later in the week.

You've got your voice acting as a side gig though correct me wrong.
Not actually voice over, just my own personal side projects.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nice! My final predictions before going in are Ash, Fujin, Sheeva, Nitara, Robocop, and DoomSlayer. In that order. Any other characters in the datamines will be saved for KP3.
Regardless the Kombat Pack. I'm sure we'll also be seeing Cyrax, Michael Myers, Sektor and Havik.

Probably Mileena too given the high fan demand for her.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wow, the first arc of Digimon 2020 sure went from 0 to 100 extremely quickly.
We doing Diaboromon as the first arc villain? Seriously? lol

Dutch Raikuna

Nice! My final predictions before going in are Ash, Fujin, Sheeva, Nitara, Robocop, and DoomSlayer. In that order. Any other characters in the datamines will be saved for KP3.
If the if the two guests are who will appear I will have a massive reason to back into MK.

Doom Slayer is such a perfect fit for both MK. I'm a little annoyed that there isn't more video game guests in it.

While I think Dredd is far more suitable, I'd be ok with Robocop.

Edit: Wait. Robocop vs The Terminator. Once again Netherrealm would be setting a better movie crossover within their games.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ash, Havik, Fujin, Michael Myers, Sheeva and RoboCop are my guesses for Kombat Pack 2.

Michael Myers only makes lot of sense now given Halloween Kills this year (Assuming the virus is controlled by before October).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While I think Dredd is far more suitable, I'd be ok with Robocop.
Notice that most guest characters are for promotional reasons. Reason we could be getting RoboCop is due to in an few years that RoboCop is getting an new movie called RoboCop Returns.

Also probably to coincide with Terminator as Alien and Predator did in the previous Mortal Kombat game. Did you know there was an RoboCop/Terminator crossover video game and comic.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Regardless the Kombat Pack. I'm sure we'll also be seeing Cyrax, Michael Myers, Sektor and Havik.

I kind of want them to do Tri-Borg again, but more in the style of Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2, where each version is treated like it's own character. Does that make any sense? Like, for example, their core is customizable and you can pick a Cyrax Core, a Sektor Core, a Smoke core, and a Cyber Sub-Zero core and the game treats them like their own characters (announcer lines, dialogue, some animations, etc.) but they all share a basic structure. Does that make sense?

Dutch Raikuna

Notice that most guest characters are for promotional reasons. Reason we could be getting RoboCop is due to in an few years that RoboCop is getting an new movie called RoboCop Returns.

Also probably to coincide with Terminator as Alien and Predator did in the previous Mortal Kombat game.
Yeah just noticed it and edited what I said.

Really want more video game guests.
Doom Slayer, 2B (she never felt in place in Soul Calibur compared to here), Tallion from Shadow of Mordor, etc. Or allow them to take a series and with permission take ideas into an original character.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’d love to see Ash Williams too, but only if they bring in Bruce Campbell.

I kind of want them to do Tri-Borg again, but more in the style of Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2, where each version is treated like it's own character. Does that make any sense? Like, for example, their core is customizable and you can pick a Cyrax Core, a Sektor Core, a Smoke core, and a Cyber Sub-Zero core and the game treats them like their own characters (announcer lines, dialogue, some animations, etc.) but they all share a basic structure. Does that make sense?
So it would be Quad-Borg or something?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ash, Havik, Fujin, Michael Myers, Sheeva and RoboCop are my guesses for Kombat Pack 2.

Michael Myers only makes lot of sense now given Halloween Kills this year (Assuming the virus is controlled by before October).
I forgot about that. Yeah, if they do DoomSlayer at all it will probably be KP3.

I went with Nitara because she's gonna be in the new MK movie.

You know, I also wouldn't mind seeing them do completely new characters in DLC. Maybe that's just because I want to see a trans character in MK.

So it would be Quad-Borg or something?
Cyber Sub was part of Tri-Borg in MK11. To get him you had to use the variation-less command.

And no way they aren't getting Bruce Campbell if twitter is anything to go by. Plus I think they'd have to license his face to even use Ash.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ash Williams is pretty much confirmed at this point.

The tease of the first Kombat Pack trailer had the sound of an chainsaw but he was replaced with Joker to promote the upcoming movie, so presumably he's been moved to Kombat Pack 2.

Also.

I went with Nitara because she's gonna be in the new MK movie.
True, true.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Ash Williams is pretty much confirmed at this point.

The tease of the first Kombat Pack trailer had the sound of an chainsaw but he was replaced with Joker to promote the upcoming movie, so presumably he's been moved to Kombat Pack 2.

Also.

I'm more of a video game guest but even then I would be all for Ash Williams even though I haven't seen the film. Then again I've never seen Spawn but was excited to see him.

If it wasn't for the series being banned in Japan more or less, I would love it if they could take a character from an anime or manga and be allowed to "Kombatify" them. Same with game characters. I would love to see Velvet from Tales of Berseria completely remade into an MK character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Among guest characters I'd love to see in Mortal Kombat now that Spawn is in would be Guts (Never gonna happen but I can dream...), Pennywise, Nemesis and Raiden (Metal Gear Solid).

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Among guest characters I'd love to see in Mortal Kombat now that Spawn is in would be Guts (Never gonna happen but I can dream...), Pennywise, Nemesis and Raiden (Metal Gear Solid).
Nemesis. What a character that would be perfect in MK. The sheer horror of that thing. Now I can't think of any better character than that from Japan.

Resident Evil character that is borderline unkillable and would make some of the cast **** themselves.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd also love to see Pumpkinhead and Punisher (This one unfortunately won't happen either but I can dream on this to).

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

If we're going over to the mouse then they gotta do Deadpool.
Another character that outside of the DC problem am surprised it hasn't yet.

Really loved the way The Joker was implemented and the Injustice and MK vs DC universes are canon to it. I would be for a hundred of those small interconnected canon game universes.

Makes you really appreciate the unique pre battle talking.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I know this might be entirely the wrong place to ask, but to the Animal Crossing players on the thread, do you have both apples and pears on your island? I’m willing to trade a stack of each peaches, oranges, and cherries to get a stack of those two fruits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom