• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I did like the last two years though, I became far more true to myself and gained my self identity after coming to terms of who I was. I feel that's the true HS experience, finding who you are before you set off into the real world. Because by the time you leave, you're most likely an adult.
That was the big downside to skipping over most of high school, I had to awkwardly learn some of these lessons during my free time in college.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That was the big downside to skipping over most of high school, I had to awkwardly learn some of these lessons during my free time in college.
Tbf, not everyone is gonna mature (it'll become apparent years down), so as long as you learn these lessons, you're fine lol.

Idk why I'm saying this considering I'm still a first year lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
high school was boring

lots of scandals though, we had a prostitution ring senior year

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've never had a proper high school experience either, I go to a charter school which is more smaller comparatively speaking.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My High School experience was a experience. Nothing interesting happened until after I left.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
High school wasn't bad. There were a lot of social opportunities every year that I wish I hadn't missed, and the reason I missed them was mainly because I had the wrong ideas about how to do things. But I at least had a fair amount of friends.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The funniest thing is when movies and TV shows overglorify High School with crazy "realistic" **** that almost never happends in High School irl, and like the high schoolers are played by 30 year olds.
I really thought I was gonna get bit by a Radioactive Spider. Got my hopes up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just realized that the month the ARMS fighter is going to be revealed and released for Smash is the same month the game ARMS will celebrate its third anniversary.

Could that mean something?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will say, nothing is more annoying than trying to play a 2v2 game, and your teammate thinks its a good idea to off themselves within 10 seconds of the game to leave you on your own.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Happy Easter to you guys. Yeah I know it's over but just wanted to say hello after taking a break from Smashboards for 4 or 5 days.
Edit: D'oh double post.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just realized that the month the ARMS fighter is going to be revealed and released for Smash is the same month the game ARMS will celebrate its third anniversary.

Could that mean something?
ARMS 2 announced in the Nintendo Direct with the new ARMS protag as the ARMS rep, son/daughter of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
High School was overall awesome to deal with...sophomore year was a ***** tho...but junior and senior years were pure sexiness

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still can't believe the 2017 animated Spider-Man shares the same voice actor as Akechi...its so gawd daymn weird to me

Same thing with Makoto sharing the same voice as Minerva from the goat Clementine Walking Dead

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I can sum up high school in one word, it was: Productive. It's those years where I took AP classes, forced myself to socially interact with others and made friends and a name for myself, learned how to draw well, learned how to play piano, tried to be hot **** whenever I could flex myself off, criticized EVERYTHING, etc. My goal was to get into the college of my dreams, which seemed impossible at the time because I legitimately considered myself to be a dumbass who had no social skills or physical abilities. After graduating and studying hard at another college, I was able to transfer to my dream college, and I look back and the very accomplishment is hugely satisfying. I even got a higher GPA than that one chick I hated and am enrolled in a more recognized university.

Not to say it was a dream boat. Cramming an entire life time's worth of adolescent knowledge, intuitive thinking, and life lessons into a span of three years doesn't come without cut corners. 1) Huge self-deprecation issues. I ****ing hated myself, which sucked when my entire goal was to make myself cool. Kind of a paradox, but I tried ignoring it when I could. 2) I put all of my eggs into high school to where I didn't know what to do in college lmao. I basically spent a year and a half not knowing what to do with my life and just stumbling around waiting for time to pass by. I basically became Saitama and just felt unsatisfied with life with no idea what I'm doing wrong.

In conclusion, I constantly refer to high school as the time my life started. It's here where I gain an interest in social interactions, working out, and what I wanted to do with my life. So much so where I faintly remember anything that happened in middle school and Elementary. Or at least anything positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So for the past two weeks I've binged the entirety of the South Park. All 23 seasons.

It's pretty good, except for most of recent years, which is actually not very good at all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Other than the fact that it's a nice shot of the Medusa from Draculas Castle, it's pretty vague.

Geez, people bet on everything too much.
I remember Sakurai posting a picture of the Medusa head on this stage on Twitter before the game came out and a good amount of people assume that was referencing Medusa and that she was confirmed. Literally, everytime Sakurai posts a picture on Twitter it doesn't mean it's foreshadowing a new character.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I remember Sakurai posting a picture of the Medusa head on this stage on Twitter before the game came out and a good amount of people assume that was referencing Medusa and that she was confirmed. Literally, everytime Sakurai posts a picture on Twitter it doesn't mean it's foreshadowing a new character.
I agree.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai's Pic of the Day.

Medusa echo confirmed.
:ultdaisy:: “Hey Death, so about your earlier encounter with my Luigi...”
If only. Don't expect Echos unless Sakurai miraculously announces that there will be bonus DLC after Pass 2.
Other than the fact that it's a nice shot of the Medusa from Draculas Castle, it's pretty vague.

Geez, people bet on everything too much.
this only means that Daisy is actually evil as ****. I mean...this is Daisy after all

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
dude i remember slimkirby back in 2008, i didnt know he's still alive on the website
I use to watch his Mario Party Let's Plays back in the day and some of them were actually really funny and entertaining to watch. Yes, he is still alive doing Let's Plays but he isn't anywhere as well known on Youtube these days as he was back in the late 00s/early 10s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom