• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I tried so hard not to look like krill, but then I OMSCROMBLIFIED myself, now I will be C o n s u m e d this is very warm and bad.
zm26a085rir41.jpg

Meanwhile, the only thing the bowl of petunias thought as it fell was “Oh, no! Not again...”
NOW I CAN SEE THE WHALES LOOMING OUT IN THE DARRK
LIKE ARROWS IN THE SKY
I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES
BUT IT'S TRUUUUUUEEEEEE
DUN DUN DUN WEEAAAAAAA
HUGE TUNNEL ENDS IN LIGHT
LIKE BANKS OF CLOUDS, THEY GATHER
SEE MASSIVE SHAPE OF FLESH

THE MIGHTIEST COMES TO ME

Noipoi

Howdy!
“this drug may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, depression, suicidal thoughts, murder, the uncontrollable urge to eat your own children.”

people in the commercial:
5B464FBA-0755-4912-BDEA-858C96DDD768.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Trying to grow my hair out since the quarantine gave me a good excuse. I'm in that really awkward stage where the hair is too long but also too short.

Guess I gotta live with this for a few months.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
People may laud Mick Gordon's soundtracks to DOOM and Killer Instinct.

But never forget where he got his start:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I may have gone a tad bit overboard designing custom clothes in New Horizons.

If anyone is interested, I'll post pics for all my designs tomorrow.

I have made:
Power-Up tee with a Super Mushroom on the front and a Fire Flower on the back
Reversible Splatoon tee with the main ink colors of both games in each side with a sprite of an Inkling Squid
Link Tank Top showcasing the original NES sprite of the legendary hero
Metroid Tank Too showcasing the original NES sprite of the titular enemy
Kirby Hoodie showcasing the Kirby's Adventure sprite of the pink puffball
Duck Hunt Sweater with the smug dog's smiling face plastered all over the front
Ness's shirt
Min Min's knitted hat
Trainer Red's cap
Kyoko's jacket and undershirt from River City Girls.

Tomorrow I'm also going to try and make female Musashi's outfit from Sushi Striker

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I still want a playable Tabuu.
That reminds me, was there a proper way to avoid the big screen wide shockwave attack he did? We used to just pray on the side of the stage and spam roll.
A character not from a different game?

That’d be pretty

taboo
Ahem...

ROB
How is this remake btw?
It looks quite ugly. Original has more charm imo.

So I managed to dip my hair in my coffee when leaning down to look at my phone. That's a win in my eyes.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Day 2 progress. Gotta finish some clean up, but hey another 2 or 3 days, depending on how lazy I am, and it should be donezo.

Might push Krillin up a bit more so I can draw his Wristbands and a bit more of his pants and belt. Didn't add the monk dots to his head yet, saving that for when most other things are done. And some of the negative space is killing me. But A LOT of flat color is done and a decent amount of clean up.

View attachment 268714

Thor's gonna take a while, cause I need more experience with longer hair like his.
You're the man for actually going through with my meme pick.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
These bears are such units that they are bending time and space.
qpijoxu4wgx01.png

They have their own gravity due to their dummy thiccness.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That reminds me, was there a proper way to avoid the big screen wide shockwave attack he did? We used to just pray on the side of the stage and spam roll.

Ahem...

ROB

It looks quite ugly. Original has more charm imo.

So I managed to dip my hair in my coffee when leaning down to look at my phone. That's a win in my eyes.
Idk. Play on the easiest difficulty? That’s what I did the like, one time I played Subspace. Not that I didn’t love it. But Smash4 was out when I got brawl for Christmas. I “completed” Subspace, unlocked all the characters and stages, and then went out and bought 4 for my 3DS and never looked back.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah
Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah
Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah

Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah Inspector Gadget
Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah Dun Dun Who Hoo
Wo Ba Ba Bup Ba Ba Bup Ba Ba
Da Da Dat Da Da Daaah!

I do like this crossover fanart between two fondly remembered old-school properties. For those that don’t know, the mouse in this picture is Gadget Hackwrench, one of the main characters from Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers which was first aired during the late 80’s and 90’s. It’s also available on Disney + apparently.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah
Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah
Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah

Dun Dun Dun Dun Nah Dun Dun Who Hoo
Wo Ba Ba Bup Ba Ba Bup Ba Ba
Da Da Dat Da Da Daaah!

I do like this crossover fanart between two fondly remembered old-school properties. For those that don’t know, the mouse in this picture is Gadget Hackwrench, one of the main characters from Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers which was first aired during the late 80’s and 90’s. It’s also available on Disney + apparently.
I’m surprised this is the first time I’ve seen this connection made.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well then you did that to yourself. They were clearly trying to tell you to get a move on to the trigger.
Well excuse me for wanting to explore around and wanting to see the overworld in a game series once known for its 3D platforming. Still doesn’t excuse the game being obnoxious with him saying it over and over in that instance.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How is this remake btw?
It’s a really solid remake. Art style and cutscenes are beautifully put together. Core gameplay is a lot more refined then the original and adds a lot from latter titles. Dungeons have been balanced to either be harder or easier.

Main game Bosses are easy enough, but they had a lot of fun with creating a challenging but fair post game. Pretty much like the original in that sense. It’s a really fun remake if you like the series or original game.

Really hoping we get a explorers remake next

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
It’s a really solid remake. Art style and cutscenes are beautifully put together. Core gameplay is a lot more refined then the original and adds a lot from latter titles. Dungeons have been balanced to either be harder or easier.

Main game Bosses are easy enough, but they had a lot of fun with creating a challenging but fair post game. Pretty much like the original in that sense. It’s a really fun remake if you like the series or original game.

Really hoping we get a explorers remake next
What I liked about the original was the plot and character characterisation. You are just a team of first form babies and get no jobs because the other three groups are better than you. You got the cool top dog team, the cocky elitist group that are still just minding their own business and not interfering with you and then you got the group that will **** you over on purpose while not giving a **** about doing the job because they only want that money. Yeah it's a little ham-fisted but it's still cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess I gotta live with this for a few months.
How do you know this will be a few months? For all we know this could last throughout to early next year.
it's now been 2 weeks since we've got ARMS Smash confirmation

hehehehheh 8 weeks minimum to go... :drsad:
Believe me it'll be here much sooner then you expect. Already quarter of the year is over.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Yesterday I dreamt that we got confirmation that we would be getting a Smash Direct on June 25th. I was like “why would they announce it so early?” And then I woke up and found out it wasn’t true.
Today I dreamt that it was June 24th, and I was really excited. I went to bed like a little boy on Christmas.
I woke up, checked the day on my phone and for whatever reason it said April 9? I don’t know what’s wrong with it

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yesterday I dreamt that we got confirmation that we would be getting a Smash Direct on June 25th. I was like “why would they announce it so early?” And then I woke up and found out it wasn’t true.
Today I dreamt that it was June 24th, and I was really excited. I went to bed like a little boy on Christmas.
I woke up, checked the day on my phone and for whatever reason it said April 9? I don’t know what’s wrong with it
I also had a Smash-related dream. They revealed the piglin from Minecraft, and they announced the next fighter would come from either Paper Mario or Zelda, I think it changed mid-dream.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I also had a Smash-related dream. They revealed the piglin from Minecraft, and they announced the next fighter would come from either Paper Mario or Zelda, I think it changed mid-dream.
Imagine Sakurai just pulling up the livestream and revealing “The next Fighter is going to be from one of two franchises. Mario or Zelda. We haven’t really decided yet and we’re kind of trying to brush a few things together because things are really sucking right now. We hope you’ll enjoy anyway.”
speculation would be weird “It’s gotta be Waluigi! Who else could it be?” “PROBABLY ANOTHER TRIFORCE USER”
It’d be fun.
Note: I know you said Paper Mario, but that’s basically confirming one character instead of a series.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Imagine Sakurai just pulling up the livestream and revealing “The next Fighter is going to be from one of two franchises. Mario or Zelda. We haven’t really decided yet and we’re kind of trying to brush a few things together because things are really sucking right now. We hope you’ll enjoy anyway.”
speculation would be weird “It’s gotta be Waluigi! Who else could it be?” “PROBABLY ANOTHER TRIFORCE USER”
It’d be fun.
Note: I know you said Paper Mario, but that’s basically confirming one character instead of a series.
You'd be surprised. in the dream, significant factions for Vivian and Count Bleck showed up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People may laud Mick Gordon's soundtracks to DOOM and Killer Instinct.

But never forget where he got his start:

Nicktoons Unite franchise remake for Nintendo Switch please
it's now been 2 weeks since we've got ARMS Smash confirmation

hehehehheh 8 weeks minimum to go... :drsad:
...is it bad that I forgot about Arms in Smash

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Nicktoons Unite franchise remake for Nintendo Switch please

...is it bad that I forgot about Arms in Smash
I would love to see that on the Switch, only if it has my favorite white haired boy, Lincoln Loud as a new character so I can main him.

(Would be cool to have a new Nickelodeon fighting game with new characters like Lincoln Loud, Otis from Barnyard and the protagonists from Glitch Techs.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Found another movie to watch maybe this week or next.

Creature (1985).

Gonna see if NetFlix has all three Bad Boys films, if so I'll give those a watch as well. I would have seen the third one had I already seen the first two.
I would love to see that on the Switch, only if it has my favorite white haired boy, Lincoln Loud as a new character so I can main him.

(Would be cool to have a new Nickelodeon fighting game with new characters like Lincoln Loud, Otis from Barnyard and the protagonists from Glitch Techs.)
And Daggett & Norbert (They could be an duo like:ultbanjokazooie::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers:and:ultrosalina:).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom