• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There’s an upcoming Team Rocket episode where Giovanni tells them to go on vacation and whole disguised see an elite agent stealing Pokémon from everyone, including Ash and Go.

Which leads to them helping Ash and Go out. Been awhile since we have had something like this but these are usually some of the best episodes

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking about trying a Pokémon Crystal ROM hack that plays like a "finished" version of the Gold/Silver prototype.

Looks cool.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got my tax refund today, so I'm going to get Doom Eternal.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Be careful not to get coronavirus.
If he isnt going out to get it he should be fine. But I can say dont go to gamestop, I dont even think they are even letting their employees wear gloves or masks.

i remeber they tried to say they were essential so they cant close

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Be careful not to get coronavirus.
I'm getting it through Steam haha. My computer meets the minimum requirements, and it's the only thing I own that will run the game. (at least, until the Switch version comes out) I don't have a PS4 or an Xbox One.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine getting all the voice actors back for that one...
They did it before. They can do it again.
Nicktoons Unite franchise remake for Nintendo Switch please

...is it bad that I forgot about Arms in Smash
That’s been my dream for years now. I would love to see the quadrilogy get remade and all brought up to the same standard. Maybe increase the combat capabilities, make every character universally useable across all 4 in new game+. Add in some new characters as unlockables. And then use all those assets to build a new game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Time to ask that question again since it was super late at night the first (and only other) time that I did:

What did any of you local SW fans think of Rise of Skywalker?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Time to ask that question again since it was super late at night the first (and only other) time that I did:

What did any of you local SW fans think of Rise of Skywalker?
I thought that the first half felt really rushed and WAY too many things were either glossed over or went unexplained (it seemed like J.J. Abrams was trying to cram his plans for episodes 8 and 9 into one movie while ignoring or undoing most of the big reveals from The Last Jedi), but the second half was good.

Though I heard about one scene or concept for the climax of the movie that was filmed but cut for no apparent reason, and it's a shame that they couldn't incorporate that into the movie. (what we got instead was still great, but it didn't have as much of an impact as it could have had)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The deed is done, more or less. 6 characters in like 2 1/2 days. Not too bad if I say so myself.

Not gonna lie, Krillin and Big Wheel were the most fun of the bunch to draw.

Tagging the gang members. Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Shroob Shroob @JDCabrera AndreaAC AndreaAC Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

and anyone else. I had another picture I was working on, so maybe I'll work on that more later in the week. There's also another one on top of that that I could clean up some.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hurrah I've appeared for the day.

So to the likes of my non Discord friends (who I've told already) like SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I decided on between FFVII Remake, Persona 5 Royal and The Outer Worlds.

I went with FFVII Remake.

Looking at what took the other 4 contenders for my next game:

Control - Looks really fun to play but the story is just iffy from looks of it. Plus looking for an RPG.

Granblue Fantasy Versus - Similar to Control for reasons except for fighting game. Definitely gonna pick it up when it is around £30.

Persona 5 Royal - While it has a lot of new stuff and would have liked to get it, I'm gonna wait until it drops in price a bit.

The Outer Worlds - Was very close to getting it and Wattam together but then I asked myself "which game is more likely to complete?" It took that out.

So I went with FFVII Remake......... with a personal condition on it. £60 but only doing it this once.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The deed is done, more or less. 6 characters in like 2 1/2 days. Not too bad if I say so myself.

Tagging the gang members. Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Shroob Shroob @JDCabrera AndreaAC AndreaAC Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

and anyone else. I had another picture I was working on, so maybe I'll work on that more later in the week. There's also another one on top of that that I could clean up some.
:D Wow, that looks great! Congrats for finishing it!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

-snip-

That looks awesome dude!

I mean, I know its for a very silly reason, but here, watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IggE0pf4L_0

It shows what makes the accents of the different types of Spanish, including Castilian/Castellano.
Thanks so much! I actually found a good video, so I think I got it down. Luckily my father's side of the family has that accent so I hear it a lot, which helps. Basically my friend really likes this comic, and she wanted me to make a voice for this character and record a joke. Also she got me to read the comic. Man I love this character. They're written amazingly.
1586454576064.png

I have a pretty deep voice for a fourteen year old, though, so doing a voice with a higher pitch is a bit tough.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Started playing Project X Zone 2 again.

The chapter where the Xenoblade stuff comes in and You will know our names plays instead of any other battle theme in the game it's an incredibly hype moment.

AndreaAC

Thanks so much! I actually found a good video, so I think I got it down. Luckily my father's side of the family has that accent so I hear it a lot, which helps. Basically my friend really likes this comic, and she wanted me to make a voice for this character and record a joke.

I have a pretty deep voice for a fourteen year old, though, so doing a voice with a higher pitch is a bit tough.
xD Maybe you can edit it using something like Audacity or any sound editor program, so you don't struggle much? I mean, i don't know how effective that could be.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
xD Maybe you can edit it using something like Audacity or any sound editor program, so you don't struggle much? I mean, i don't know how effective that could be.
I usually stray away from changing the pitch of my voice when it comes to a role. On top of it subtly distorting the voice, it's typically not reccomended in voice over. I've only done that for one role, which was a broken robot. Lowering the pitch loads then bringing it back up can get a sort of crackly, distorted, and unnatural effect, so I figured that it worked.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Revisiting my old horror movie fighting game roster idea. Do you think it would be better to use the american or Japanese version of the Ring franchises (they’re somehow separate copyrights).

AndreaAC

I usually stray away from changing the pitch of my voice when it comes to a role. On top of it subtly distorting the voice, it's typically not reccomended in voice over. I've only done that for one role, which was a broken robot. Lowering the pitch loads then bringing it back up can get a sort of crackly, distorted, and unnatural effect, so I figured that it worked.
Makes sense. xD Well, then keep on trying! Since I am a female I can make voices with higher pitch to the point that it might hurt ears like Ridley-X's screeching, or at least sound like a mouse.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Here's an interesting video about Sakurai's new column:

I actually appriciate a few of the statements he said in it, particularly: "It's like building a house, but people focus on a single painting that's hung up on a wall in one room". It's a pretty accurate imagery of the Smash community and its obsession with reps/representation to me at honestly.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine getting all the voice actors back for that one...
it'd be very easy to do, especially with the Spongebob gang
I would love to see that on the Switch, only if it has my favorite white haired boy, Lincoln Loud as a new character so I can main him.

(Would be cool to have a new Nickelodeon fighting game with new characters like Lincoln Loud, Otis from Barnyard and the protagonists from Glitch Techs.)
TMNT...the 2012 ones...can’t forget then (Nickelodeon sure hasn’t)
They did it before. They can do it again.

That’s been my dream for years now. I would love to see the quadrilogy get remade and all brought up to the same standard. Maybe increase the combat capabilities, make every character universally useable across all 4 in new game+. Add in some new characters as unlockables. And then use all those assets to build a new game.
...Spongebob defeating Shredder and Oza...woah

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Hurrah I've appeared for the day.

So to the likes of my non Discord friends (who I've told already) like SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I decided on between FFVII Remake, Persona 5 Royal and The Outer Worlds.

I went with FFVII Remake.

Looking at what took the other 4 contenders for my next game:

Control - Looks really fun to play but the story is just iffy from looks of it. Plus looking for an RPG.

Granblue Fantasy Versus - Similar to Control for reasons except for fighting game. Definitely gonna pick it up when it is around £30.

Persona 5 Royal - While it has a lot of new stuff and would have liked to get it, I'm gonna wait until it drops in price a bit.

The Outer Worlds - Was very close to getting it and Wattam together but then I asked myself "which game is more likely to complete?" It took that out.

So I went with FFVII Remake......... with a personal condition on it. £60 but only doing it this once.
The only one of these I can comment on is Control, as I platinumed it a few weeks ago. It is quite enjoyable to play and I found the story to be very interesting (one of the only games I've felt compelled to read all the collectible documents for). The only downsides are that the bosses are really frustrating and it's on the shorter side lengthwise.

I too plan on getting FFVII Remake here soon as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Makes sense. xD Well, then keep on trying! Since I am a female I can make voices with higher pitch to the point that it might hurt ears like Ridley-X's screeching, or at least sound like a mouse.
Yeah! I was actually able to get a pitch that I think works, so that's nice.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Apparently It's Been So Long is a meme or something.

What is up with The Living Tombstone's songs becoming memes?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Apparently It's Been So Long is a meme or something.

What is up with The Living Tombstone's songs becoming memes?
It’s been five, almost six years since FNAF (and those songs) got popular, and now the ten year olds are nostalgic 16 year olds making memes in Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom