• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I've been diagnosed with shortness of breath and I have to use an inhaler :yoshi:
That sucks man.
I’ve had issues with asthma my whole life, and that didn’t stop me from joining band. It never really affected me too much, unless it was exercise or if I had a hard part to play. I hope you’ll be okay!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You guys think fake ass 4Chan text leak season is gonna be back? Complete now with a guess at the ARMS character and the rest being characters from obscure PS1 games that never left Japan and Geno?
I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case. At least the Geno part of it.

The pass just started, I thought that after Joker, most characters would've been first party, but that wasn't the case. Y'know, never establish a pattern right away and all that. Who knows, we might see mostly first party this time, but its too early to tell. But I can dream we get even more fighting game characters, but hey, ARMS is an Arena fighter, so it counts.

I wish they had shown who the character is, I don't mind waiting until June to get the character, but the mystery will kill me.

This is why I wish Nintendo would adopt the season pass format of games like Mortal Kombat, show it all off upfront, let the characters all speak for themselves, then blow our minds all over again with trailers later.
That'd be ideal, but it could be that some characters were chosen, but weren't ready to be shown off. Still, MK is kind of an outlier for that right? DBFZ, Tekken and SC6 didn't do that. I want to say SFV didn't at first but gradually leaned into showing more upfront.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Damn.

Hopefully you manage to overcome It...

Sounds seriously tough.
Asthma gang?
That sucks man.
I’ve had issues with asthma my whole life, and that didn’t stop me from joining band. It never really affected me too much, unless it was exercise or if I had a hard part to play. I hope you’ll be okay!
It's not as bad as it may seem. It's called acute dyspnea; I do not have asthma. As a precaution I had them test for COVID-19 which I'll get results of in 3 days :yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized something. People said no Pokémon because it had a spirit event and was too late for base game.

ARMs was in the exact boat. You what that means?

1585275508912.png

BABOOM WIN!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey guys, I finished up on my own personal OC!

What do you think? I've always had something like this in my imagination at most times and wanted to sketch it out.​

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've been diagnosed with shortness of breath and I have to use an inhaler :yoshi:
I hope it's nothing serious and that you pull through, man.

It's troubling to hear about any kind of health problems with the current state of the world.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case. At least the Geno part of it.

The pass just started, I thought that after Joker, most characters would've been first party, but that wasn't the case. Y'know, never establish a pattern right away and all that. Who knows, we might see mostly first party this time, but its too early to tell. But I can dream we get even more fighting game characters, but hey, ARMS is an Arena fighter, so it counts.

That'd be ideal, but it could be that some characters were chosen, but weren't ready to be shown off. Still, MK is kind of an outlier for that right? DBFZ, Tekken and SC6 didn't do that. I want to say SFV didn't at first but gradually leaned into showing more upfront.
I firmly believe that characters are ordered based on many factors, promotional time and development time. Pass 1’s order was likely decided and mainly influenced by Hero (wanting you be released as an advertising tool for 11S) and Byleth (Sakurai needing time see it in advance, probably close to launch, before production began). Banjo being the simplest one to make lead him to be in the middle, and Terry was placed as close to last as possible due to being the most complicated to develop. Leaving Joker to be first.

As it applies to this pass, Arms was likely placed first as they would be able to reuse assets from that title. I imagine Crash Bandicoot and potentially a SwSH Pokémon or Overwatch character would also be strategically placed due to being able to reuse assets from recent titles and relative gameplay simplicity. More complicated characters (like Doomslayer or Dante) and characters who would need new models built from scratch (like Geno) would be similarly strategically placed. Basically they need to alternate between relatively easy and relatively complicated so they can have two in development at the same time. With potential marketing windows and development necessities (like Three Houses) taking ultimate priority).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So lemme get this straight

We got a Direct dropped on our head with 0 prior warning AND our first potential Spirit/AT upgrade?

Oh jesus this cycle is going to be messy.
TFW you wish your problems weren't solved with violence, but you're still gonna fight for a better tomorrow.

Close Up MMX Normal.jpg

TFW you get to help your older brother fight for everlasting peace, and you get kick Mario in the face.

Close up MMX1Armor.jpg

Let the dream come true.

Shroob

Sup?
*Shroob rants about how he doesn't want Overwatch as a Blizzard rep and would prefer Warcraft for 30 minutes straight*

*Then Shroob remembers that Blizzard has been yikes recently and suddenly doesn't want anything*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mates

Did we

Step back in time where the front runners are Spring man, Rex and a Gen Seve----Eight pokemon are the front runners?
Some Geno fan probably activated their Bite the Dust, though whether or not it works for them, or if it's a monkey's paw, we'll see.

SpringManIsUnbreakable.jpg

Either way, ARMS Is Not Crash.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched Up for the first time. I knew about that montage towards the beginning, but that (and the scenes shortly after that) was still rough. The rest of the movie was good, and funnier than I expected.

I also watched Good Will Hunting for the first time, which was one of the few times that I've seen Robin Williams in a dramatic role. (Good Morning Vietnam might count, though that was only for the second half). He did a great job, and so did Matt Damon. (which was his star-making role, if Wikipedia is any indication)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mates

Did we

Step back in time where the front runners are Spring man, Rex and a Gen Seve----Eight pokemon are the front runners?
here's my predictions
-Spring Man
-Rex
-The Most Recent Grass Starter
-Waluigi
-Shovel Knight
-Rayman

now, guess when this list was made?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
> Make a nice animation for a video game.

> Forgets to ask what FPS I should be animating at.
View attachment 267205
TV animation is typically 24 frames per second. So that would be the ideal, and slightly less of a headache. But many video style stuff like web cartoons and game cutscenes are 30 FPS. Usually people don't animate in 60 FPS, but it does matter for games since each frame is a moment that the player can interact with the game's mechanics/characters/whatever else.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's going to be interesting to see how they are going to get a character with a ridiculous amount of reach work in a game like Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be honest, I've never liked the reasoning of wanting a certain character for Smash Bros. simply because "we need more people of color" or "we need more females to diversify this sausage fest of a roster". It just makes discussion unnecessarily political and strays away what Smash has always been about from the start: a crossover series where various video game legends can duke it out together. Seriously, who cares?
I hate when I see people do that. In general I hate other people trying to either speak for me as a black person or try to use me as some prop to make themselves feel better. So seeing people say you should like this or like that just because a character is black or whatever other race is pretty ignorant and shallow in its own right. And "people of color" is too similar to "Colored people" from the 60's. Just call each person by their race.

Not that I wouldn't mind more black characters in games. But really, that's a whole different discussion on essentially getting more Black/Hispanic main/mascot characters in the medium. Though we have Ganondorf as a dark skinned character, and he's dope as hell. And this isn't mentioning characters like Inkling or Villager that have alt colors that changes their race.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** on a Marvel fried stick...that MUA3 epilogue was unreasonably better than the actual ending

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wasn’t exactly hyped for the ARMS character, but I was certainly interested. But now, after playing it, I’m really excited to see how they pull it off. The game is really fun, it’s aesthetic reminds me of Sword/Shield kind of. With the whole tournament theme, though I suppose tons of fighting games have tournament themes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly sus on the Arms character to be blunt.

It seems.... too obvious to be Springman.

Which is why I just 'feel' like it'd be someone weird like, Helix, for example.

Yeah, it'd be hella odd but.... Spring Man and Ribbon Girl feel WAY too safe.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys, I finished up on my own personal OC!

What do you think? I've always had something like this in my imagination at most times and wanted to sketch it out.​
The objective quality of the drawing or the design?

1585278219085.png

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know, and maybe it’s because of the low key reveal and the fact that we don’t quite know who it is

But I haven’t seen any mad hoes.

Shroob

Sup?
Y’know, and maybe it’s because of the low key reveal and the fact that we don’t quite know who it is

We've been starved for news just in general + this damn virus.

I think most people are just happy to have something to look forward to in times like this.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I mean, Unlike say Byleth, this is a first party franchise that isn't represented already

And if it's Springman or one of the other ARMS characters with a spirit, this could open the door to characters that were once thought to be one and done like Geno or Waluigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom