• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pack It up contreras.

I found the perfect form of comedy gold ever conceived on a Spider-Man 1 Green Goblin compilation video:

20200327_031108.jpg

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Okay excuse me but, why is the Dragon Quest III overworld theme so GOOD???
Yeah, Adventure is pretty kickass (shame that Smash gave us the MIDI rendition though).

I'm a big fan of the symphonic version of Endless World from DQII as well.

D

Deleted member

Wait until the main protagonist of Dragon Quest 11 Sylvando has a word with you on that
Damn, that's a really good comeback.

Because Sirvando is quite literally my favourite DQ11 character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y’know, and maybe it’s because of the low key reveal and the fact that we don’t quite know who it is

But I haven’t seen any mad hoes.
I have. Mostly at the idea that it could be Spring-Man, and thus main character is "boring". Despite the fact no one else would have an ARMS-like moveset. Almost reminds me of how people were saying Nakoruru would've been better than Terry. I get that the guess who part is annoying, but c'mon, an AT being made up-gradable would hype up a lot of people.

Granted the fact that the ARMS character isn't revealed right away makes me think there's some gimmick to them, potentially like Hero/Bowser Jr. Or it ends up not being Spring-Man, thus killing "main character first" rule or maybe the Mii Costume/Spirit rule if it's Ribbon/Min-Min/Ninjara/Twintelle. Though the latter still gets yeeted if its our Blue Pompadour hero anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, Unlike say Byleth, this is a first party franchise that isn't represented already

And if it's Springman or one of the other ARMS characters with a spirit, this could open the door to characters that were once thought to be one and done like Geno or Waluigi
If we hunt Mavericks, We move. If its Knuckles, We move. If its Waluigi, that's cool, dude's popular as hell.

If its Geno, I sleep.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have. Mostly at the idea that it could be Spring-Man, and thus main character is "boring". Despite the fact no one else would have an ARMS-like moveset. Almost reminds me of how people were saying Nakoruru would've been better than Terry. I get that the guess who part is annoying, but c'mon, an AT being made up-gradable would hype up a lot of people.

Granted the fact that the ARMS character isn't revealed right away makes me think there's some gimmick to them, potentially like Hero/Bowser Jr. Or it ends up not being Spring-Man, thus killing "main character first" rule or maybe the Mii Costume/Spirit rule if it's Ribbon/Min-Min/Ninjara/Twintelle. Though the latter still gets yeeted if its our Blue Pompadour hero anyway.
I can agree with Spring Man being boring. Arms is basically a game designed to showcase characters with outlandish designs and personalities, but Spring Man just feels kind of generic.

I know that's the point of him, that he's essentially a regular boxer with a twist, and he needs to be easily understandable because he's the main character, but he's absolutely the least interesting character in the cast.

Shroob

Sup?
I just am not sold at all it'll be Spring Man or Ribbon Girl.

They showed ALL the ARMs characters and just said it'll be "A" character. Would be hella odd for them to just come out and say:

"Okay? Who is it? We showed you all these characters, can you guess?! It's....THE MOST OBVIOUS CHOICE!"

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, I'm banking on either:

Someone weird like Helix or Min Min, kicking the "Main character rule" to the curb...

OR

The protagonist of a supposed ARMs2, which would explain why they're waiting til """E3""" to talk about this character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can agree with Spring Man being boring. Arms is basically a game designed to showcase characters with outlandish designs and personalities, but Spring Man just feels kind of generic.

I know that's the point of him, that he's essentially a regular boxer with a twist, and he needs to be easily understandable because he's the main character, but he's absolutely the least interesting character in the cast.
I like him enough, mostly because I find his design to be more interesting than Ribbon Girl's who is basically the Ken to his Ryu marketing wise. Then again, I think Ryu's cooler than Ken. But I do like Knuckles more than Sonic. And even then I'd be fine with Ribbon showing up. Gameplay wise, Spring Man's gimmick is auto charging when at low health if I'm remembering correctly. It might be more comparable to Lucario if anything.

Just in general, an ARMS character in Smash I think would be pretty interesting. I wouldn't drop Mega Man or Ridley, that'd be foolish. But they'd be a character to play I'm actually interested in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OR

The protagonist of a supposed ARMs2, which would explain why they're waiting til """E3""" to talk about this character.
So what's the ****ing point of giving us a "Guess Who?" if it's nobody on the ****ing list?

It was like if they said "Is it gonna be Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude?" and then it's actually Yuri as they announce the DLC after the announcement.

Shroob

Sup?
So what's the ****ing point of giving us a "Guess Who?" if it's nobody on the ****ing list?

It was like if they said "Is it gonna be Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude?" and then it's actually Yuri as they announce the DLC after the announcement.
"Can you guess which one it is?

It's....NONE OF THEM!"

Honestly, unlikely, but I'm not ruling out a fake-out attack.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Can you guess which one it is?

It's....NONE OF THEM!"

Honestly, unlikely, but I'm not ruling out a fake-out attack.
I don't want another :4feroy: situation. Don't give me another promotional shill pick for a game in development.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't want another :4feroy: situation. Don't give me another promotional shill pick for a game in development.
Honestly, watching the trailer

They showed us all the ARMS characters

But they never said it was specifically one of them, just

"A character from ARMS"

Pardon my sus but it's sus.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would say Helix as well, but tbh, idk how he would work in a 2D enviroment.

I feel as if Min Min is the best as not only does she have the popularity, but she also has the most to go off of considering her Dragon Arm and the fact that she can use kicks as well.

Now watch us get someone like Max Brass.

D

Deleted member

The Arms rep is the small yellow thing.

I just feel it, and he will summon all the Arms fighters for their attacks.

20200326_170950.jpg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I feel like they'd put in a more established character for their first rep of a new IP then bank on someone who people don't know and are unfamiliar with. This is ARMs first true inclusion into the Smash roster, and I feel they'd want someone with either the status (like Spring Man or Ribbon Girl) or popularity (like Min Min) to sell it since they have put themselves into the minds of those fans already and would bring those fans into Smash just so that they can play them. Someone new wouldn't have that under their belt, and they'd have to do more to sell themselves (and by proxy, their franchise) to establish themselves as a character worth buying and playing as, which may not work out depending on who they are. It'd be riskier to pull off, and while they could do it I feel they'd opt for a safer option since at least they know that the older characters have their appeal.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like they'd put in a more established character for their first rep of a new IP then bank on someone who people don't know and are unfamiliar with. This is ARMs first true inclusion into the Smash roster, and I feel they'd want someone with either the status (like Spring Man or Ribbon Girl) or popularity (like Min Min) to sell it since they have put themselves into the minds of those fans already and would bring those fans into Smash just so that they can play them. Someone new wouldn't have that under their belt, and they'd have to do more to sell themselves (and by proxy, their franchise) to establish themselves as a character worth buying and playing as, which may not work out depending on who they are. It'd be riskier to pull off, and while they could do it I feel they'd opt for a safer option since at least they know that the older characters have their appeal.
I feel like playing it safe is laughable after the last wave of DLC tbh lol.

I'm bracing for insane picks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know the final Smash will probably be the rush attack or something.

But I desperately want the final Smash to be the character dunking opponents on the B-Ball hoop.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hate when I see people do that. In general I hate other people trying to either speak for me as a black person or try to use me as some prop to make themselves feel better. So seeing people say you should like this or like that just because a character is black or whatever other race is pretty ignorant and shallow in its own right. And "people of color" is too similar to "Colored people" from the 60's. Just call each person by their race.

Not that I wouldn't mind more black characters in games. But really, that's a whole different discussion on essentially getting more Black/Hispanic main/mascot characters in the medium. Though we have Ganondorf as a dark skinned character, and he's dope as hell. And this isn't mentioning characters like Inkling or Villager that have alt colors that changes their race.
Helll Im black and a chick and I could give a rats ass if there no black of woman characters in smash.

people like to ignore Inkling and Villagers dark skinned alts for some reason

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going all in on the :ultbowserjr: :ulthero: theory for the Arms fighter where we see a generic moveset with either four or eight characters attached.

In which case I'll probably use the Noodle Dragon girl as my main alt. Because if they do that approach then she's almost definitely getting in as one of the alts.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Throwback to that one ultimate leak before we even got a trailer

Funny how one of these two may actually get in two years later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom