• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Do y’all think a high-level Galarian Corsola would be good against the Mewtwo? Joe said the Mewtwo don’t have any specific moves good against Ghost types.

I got a Johtonian Corsola the other day from someone on Home’s GTS, complete with its hidden ability, so I was able to get a Galar Corsola with Cursed Body...I don’t know if abilities work on Raid ‘mons, though, that’d be funny if Cursola could ensure its defeat...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
>project GG a go go

Day 2 of trying to learn kanji: my brain is still trying to tell me "dude, this is a terrible idea, how do you expect to get this with your memory issues".
I tell myself that it'll be worth it in the end just to play uncensored content.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is definitely something CW would do:
I seriously thought this was a fan parody until the end.

Still curious to see how it will turn out. At least it can't be as bad as Scooby Apocalypse.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And as the conversation turns to dexit, that's my cue to leave before I get unreasonably angry thinking about it again.
Pokémon Sword and the DLC pass was the worst $100 I've ever spent.
....You didn't like Sword but you still went and bought the DLC?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do y’all think a high-level Galarian Corsola would be good against the Mewtwo? Joe said the Mewtwo don’t have any specific moves good against Ghost types.

I got a Johtonian Corsola the other day from someone on Home’s GTS, complete with its hidden ability, so I was able to get a Galar Corsola with Cursed Body...I don’t know if abilities work on Raid ‘mons, though, that’d be funny if Cursola could ensure its defeat...
My level 100s are no match for this thing.

My only advice is to hope with all your heart.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Alright fam, I need some assistance, what's some good Xbox 360 games I might've missed? I got a Gamestop gift card I need to blow. Right now I got Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Ninja Gaiden II, and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. The first 3 I'm just replacing what was lost but I never got to play Z because, uh, I didn't care. So, help me out. What was some good, non Rare, Halo, Gears of War, 360 games?

Edit: Gamestop has a buy two get two going on so I'll take ideas for PS3, Vita, and Wii U games too.
-Bioshock
-Bioshock: Infinite
-Sonic Generations
-Alan Wake was really interesting
-The Skate games are a lot of fun, I wouldn't call them great games, but they're fun.
-If you like racing games I recommend Forza, I really enjoyed Forza 4 specifically (the Forza Horizon games are fun too)
-Limbo
-The Batman Arkham games
-'Splosion Man

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The closest discussion to Dexit that happened was "Hey is Gliscor in because Toxic Orb complements it well" as the main discussion was, y'know, the toxic orb
Hm, all I do is open this page and the first thing I saw was someone quoting a post that states a dexit argument will happen or is happening. Guess I misinterpreted it.

Carry on then.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh, I remember when I used the Duolingo thing. I mean, I could skip a lot of crap with a test, but even after 112 days using it, one weekend I forgot to use the "freeze" time thing and I lost all of the days and it was asking me for actual money to get it all back. After seeing that I just said "Screw it." and I wasn't as invested anymore and abandoned it for months. I won't deny it has its uses, but still.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Oh, I remember when I used the Duolingo thing. I mean, I could skip a lot of crap with a test, but even after 112 days using it, one weekend I forgot to use the "freeze" time thing and I lost all of the days and it was asking me for actual money to get it all back. After seeing that I just said "Screw it." and I wasn't as invested anymore and abandoned it for months. I won't deny it has its uses, but still.
O h n o...
Y o u
f o r g o t
y o u r
s p a n i s h
l e s s o n...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man Byelth and Joker have spoiled me with their tethers. My Ivysaur recovery is starting to get really sloppy - its ledgesnap is so much less generous.

I had gotten pretty used to it's range before but now I'm getting rusty and will have to relearn it. Joy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man Byelth and Joker have spoiled me with their tethers. My Ivysaur recovery is starting to get really sloppy - its ledgesnap is so much less generous.

I had gotten pretty used to it's range before but now I'm getting rusty and will have to relearn it. Joy.
I play both Joker and Ivysaur a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Ivsaur's up special has more horizontal reach at the cost of less vertical reach.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I play both Joker and Ivysaur a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Ivsaur's up special has more horizontal reach at the cost of less vertical reach.
I couldn't say if Joker has less horizontal reach, but he definitely has more vertical.

The real killer though is if you end up underneath the stage - Ivy's tether simply won't snap if you get caught under a stage like Battlefield, even if you reverse it. Joker's and Byleth's will.

At least Vine Whip still makes for an fantastic offensive tool and situational kill move. It makes sense for Joker and Jesus-Marth to have better tethers though, since that's their only recovery options while Ivy can still switch to Charizard.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I didn't mention to anyone that I was replaying through the Assassin's Creed games. I didn't really play much of the Ezio collection when I got it cause I was just a little burned out to be honest but I knew that since I was older I would understand The Truth, the mythology of those games, a lot better. This is more so an essay on The Lost Archive than anything because this was the only piece of DLC I didn't play out of the 3 games.

I completed AC1 a while back and it took no time flat, AC1's lore isn't exactly hard to understand because you are just Desmond trapped in Abstergo. The onk pieces of lore in the game are the Apple of Eden and The Eagle's Vision in Desmond's Room. Blood splattered on the walls from the previous Test Subject, Subject 16. That's all you know of 16.

You find out in ACII that Subject 16 is a much bigger part than what you probably first thought. You find The Truth through his multiple visions he left around Ezio's Italy for you to find. Outlining the betrayal, hatred, and pettiness of War, Religion, and Love. The ending, The Truth, reveals that Adam and Eve were that of, or slaves of, a much more advanced race than what was previously thought, outlining The First Civilization, Juno, Minerva, and Jupiter in particular who are the outlines of the future. Peering through their godforsaken world into the ruined and rebuilt future, seeing what would once happen again, and warning future civilizations of the coming apocalypse. They discovered that their one and only hope would lie an uncountable am ou until of time later in Desmond. The end of ACII, spoilers, sees Minerva conversing with Ezio only to turn, stop, turn to the camera mid sentence, and whisper "Desmond?', much to Ezio's confusion. This would be Desmond's first contact with The First Civilization.

In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, you once again are searching for Subject 16's truth, only this time it is the truth of a betrayal as a being of computer algorithm stood before Desmond and told him of the plan to sabotage, not only the Assassin's, but also the world. The betrayal of the one person that Desmond cares for most, Lucy Stillmam. He learns that Lucy all along was working for the Templars and sought to use Desmond to further their plan. I'm the ending to Brotherhood Juno takes matters into his own hands and after Desmond, Lucy, and the others find the Apple of Eden beneath the Roman Colosseum, Juno takes control of Desmond, forcing him to stab Lucy and ending her plot. This sends Desmond into a coma, the same coma that trapped Subject 16 as well.

In Revelations there is no Truth. There are no lies being told for Desmond to be informed of. Revelations is as much as a duality between Subject 16, Clay Kaczmarek, and Subject 17, Desmond Miles, as it is between Altaïr and Ezio. But you would never know that from the base game. Despite Clay showing up and bantering with Desmond explaining to him Animus Island and the path that he has to traverse to escape his nightmare, Clay really has very little to do with the story. In the end of Ezio's final game he meets with Jupiter who tells Ezio and Desmond the signs, the apocalypse. And the story ends.

In the Lost Archive though we discover Clay's story. As he, like Altaïr and Ezio, is a vessel to assist Desmond. His story is quite sad. As he is dealing with his own family turmoil. Wanting to be a history teacher but being denied by his father in respect of being an Engineer to only be in turn told that the Engineering field, Computer Engineering, was unacceptable. He was told, "Kaczmarek's don't sit behind computers, they build with their hands". All of this turmoil while still fulfilling his training and duty as an Assassin. Finally the day came when he was to infiltrate Abstergo, the Corporate front for the Templars, and enter the Animus. This only made his family relations worse. He had finally found his purpose, but all his father was worried about was that he didn't receive a check from Clay that month. The Animus tears him apart. Unrelenting stress and demands from Abstergo pushed him to his breaking point. He finally built enough money from the tests to send a check to his family. He receives an email around this time from his drunken and drugged mother. She was leaving. And soon after discovered that Lucy, his closest friend and his only hope of survival, was a traitor. She found out and told him that she promised she would protect him and would continue to do so but he could never leave. In the end Clay's final moments were spent inside the Animus, informed by Juno, trying to make things right. Trying to warn a man he'd never met. Trying to save the world. Stuck within a loop of his own life reliving the time from when he received his mission to his breaking point of him falling through the clouds again and again until he finally broke the loop, escaped the animus and did what he had to do and took his own life for the sole purpose of showing Desmond The Truth.

I don't feel like enough people realize how important 16 is to Assassin's Creed but he did more than should be asked of a person. And while Ezio and Altaïr dealt with tragedy and betrayal, Clay's story hits way to close to home. A family that doesn't approve of his choices, a duty to his "religion", and a pursuit to do the right thing coming to a head at odds with each other. I feel like a lot of us have probably felt that way.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyone else here ever think about how many unique and bizarre creatures there have been that we'll never see because they went extinct too long ago and start to feel sad? And how many more there might be that people will never know about or discover just because they never fossilized?

..I've been watching too many paleontology videos.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Anyone else here ever think about how many unique and bizarre creatures there have been that we'll never see because they went extinct too long ago and start to feel sad? And how many more there might be that people will never know about or discover just because they never fossilized?

..I've been watching too many paleontology videos.
Here's a good source of new discoveries that might lighten your mood, so long as the creepy background music doesn't shoo you away. Go nuts, this channel is a great one for learning new things we don't know.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Here's a good source of new discoveries that might lighten your mood, so long as the creepy background music doesn't shoo you away. Go nuts, this channel is a great one for learning new things we don't know.
Man, I dunno what it is about the ocean, but I'm overwhelmed with an IMMENSE sense of dread whenever I watch videos like this.

I legit can't play Subnautica due to my extreme fear lol. Hell, freaking Jolly Roger's Bay was almost too much for me as a kid.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Season 2 of Green Eggs and Ham comes out in April! YES!!!!

That, Antlers and an possible Direct/Smash presentation involving FP6!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I just had what's possibly the strangest dream I ever had that I can remember in detail

whats happening in here this morning?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let me see here...

• Last thing I ate today: pepperoni pizza.
  • Last animal I touched: I have not touched any animals in years.
  • Last TV show I watched: The Flintstones, so my catchphrase would be "Yabba-dabba-doo!".
  • Last game I played: Melee, on Onett.
  • My new life? I will say is I am not fond of it. My old life will suffice, thank you.

By the way, I missed every single one of you here while I was away. :kirby:
Nice to see you back! How ya doin?

D

Deleted member

had a nightmare where my bird died that was genuinely one of the worst experiences ive had in the past half a year

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
“I’m gonna have to bust out Duolingo just to shut these ****ers up.”-Masahiro Sakurai
I’m pretty sure he does speak English. I think I saw a video of it a while ago.

Also, maybe it’s because I’m used to other fighting games where stages undergo major/minor aesthetic changes in each installment but still have the same basic layout and are the same location in the world, but it’s still weird to me that we call and classify all the battlefields and FDs as different stages entirely.

D

Deleted member

Little status update from yesterday, the Corona has spread even more, the entire neighboring town has been put under quarantine and there's been a confirmed case in the local hospital as well now, not even 5 minutes from where I live. Hopefully it won't get much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom