• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So, is one of your favorite Pokemon is Sword/Shield? lol
I raged like a madman yesterday.

today I took the rational approach and made a list of 17 pokemon that I really, really want. If 10 of those make it in, Ill be satisfied. We have 4 of them now.

Luxray
Garchomp
Toxapex
Torterra
Camerupt
Zangoose
Electivire
Beheeyem
Gallade (in)
Sandshrew
Fearow
Ariados
Mandibuzz
Dusknoir (in)
Glalie (in)
Aggron
Flygon (in)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My favorite thing about the comment Platinum made on the lack of Bayo 3 is the sheer stupidity of

''Showing a game off at E3 might not be the best PR move."

Yes, one of the biggest game shows in the world. What a terrible place to show off your highly anticipated sequel that is apparently going smoothly in development.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I looked through Hero's moveset again and I'm not sure how I feel. On one hand, I think the move where he can select from a variety of spells is very creative and unique. I was wondering when we'd get a character like that. On the other, the rest of his moveset just looks like a bad mashup of several swordfighters. I saw several attacks that looked almost identical to Link, Marth, Ike, and Shulk's.

I don't mean to be that annoying guy complaining about swordfighters, but I feel like Sakurai should focus on looking at other options besides characters who attack primarily with a sword. I don't doubt that he can do something to make them feel more original, but it's hard to not use a sword for anything outside the special attacks. On top of that, it's even harder trying to find a way to make that character's sword attacks feel different from other swordfighters'.
Well, if it's a broadsword anyway. I think Ike's different enough since his sword's almost a Zweihander(I think it is anyway.) At the end of the day, a sword's just a weapon that could have a variety of styles just like hand to hand. Maybe what the sword characters need are more specified styles to their swordsmanship. Or characters who mix other attacks more often with their sword tech. We've got gunners too and they manage to be different enough.

Nightmare from Soul Calibur could be another sword heavy character, who has Hellsweeps, explosions, dropkicks, stomps, uppercuts, and a drill stab.
Starforce Mega Man would mix sword moves with the Buster, other Guns, and hand to hand moves, namely him having a lot of kick attacks to use.
Zero's got a ton of special moves with his sword, or he could use alternate weapons alongside it like MMZ/MMX8.
Dante's moves are really unique among most sword fighters since not many use things like Propshredder or even Stinger in games like Smash.

I mean for what it's worth, Sakurai has also expressed a bit of sword fatigue (even saying he wished more heroes used axes) and I think it's noticeable this time around.

Unless you're one of those people who consider Ridley's tail and Kazooie to be swords for one reason or another, Chrom and the Hero were the only sword characters added this time around. One was a highly requested and popular character who became an echo, and the other is a huge Japanese cultural touchstone.
Yeah, Swords and Guns are really cool. So they get used the most in games. I can't think of too main many characters that'd use an axe either. Simon does for one move, Villager does for one move and that's it.

EDIT: Except maybe Guilius from Golden Axe.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's almost half of banjo's lifetime sales so makes sense
My favorite thing about the comment Platinum made on the lack of Bayo 3 is the sheer stupidity of

''Showing a game off at E3 might not be the best PR move."

Yes, one of the biggest game shows in the world. What a terrible place to show off your highly anticipated sequel that is apparently going smoothly in development.
But Fischerrr we absolutely HAD to see Pokemon with no new information!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have a lot of favorites.

I'm doubtful Silvally will make the cut though, and even if Sableye somehow gets in it'll be really sad not having his mega form.

On the flip side we know Charizard and Gyarados made it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, if it's a broadsword anyway. I think Ike's different enough since his sword's almost a Zweihander(I think it is anyway.) At the end of the day, a sword's just a weapon that could have a variety of styles just like hand to hand. Maybe what the sword characters need are more specified styles to their swordsmanship. Or characters who mix other attacks more often with their sword tech. We've got gunners too and they manage to be different enough.

Nightmare from Soul Calibur could be another sword heavy character, who has Hellsweeps, explosions, dropkicks, stomps, uppercuts, and a drill stab.
Starforce Mega Man would mix sword moves with the Buster, other Guns, and hand to hand moves, namely him having a lot of kick attacks to use.
Zero's got a ton of special moves with his sword, or he could use alternate weapons alongside it like MMZ/MMX8.
Dante's moves are really unique among most sword fighters since not many use things like Propshredder or even Stinger in games like Smash.

Yeah, Swords and Guns are really cool. So they get used the most in games. I can't think of too main many characters that'd use an axe either. Simon does for one move, Villager does for one move and that's it.

EDIT: Except maybe Guilius from Golden Axe.
Even just on the Nintendo side of things, the only ones that come to mind are Hector and Edelgard.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Platinum commented on it's absence, says development is going smoothly and that it's gonna be a big budget title iirc
They likely didn't want to overshadow Astral Chain, is my guess.
Yeah that's probably the best explanation. The Game Awards will probably have another announcement if it really is progressing smoothly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of amiibo the new smash ones they announced all look really good:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about the artstyle in Link's Awakening. I like it, but I would have preferred if it was in a new game rather than a remake. I imagined a Link's Awakening remake having a style similar to a Link between Worlds.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Let's see. Going down the list from dragonflycave...

Typhlosion: Gone. It's a starter from a gen not called Gen 1 or the Current Gen.
Sceptile: See Typhlosion
Decidueye: See Sceptile.
Scizor: Probably fine? It's popular and evolves from a G1 Pokemon. I can't remember if we've seen it already or not.
Gardevoir: Too popular to cut.
Lycanroc: Probably gone. Too much overlap with Zacian and Zazamenta, and the evolutionary gimmick wont work.
Grovyle: See Sceptile.
Flygon: If my memory is correct, it's been confirmed to be back.
Weavile: It's been seen.
Lugia: Maybe? I think they're planning a remake of the Lugia movie, and it being gone wouldn't help at all.
Mimikyu: It's been sighted
Blastoise: G1, it's a lock.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of amiibo the new smash ones they announced all look really good:
I think Incineroar and Dark Samus are my favorite. The texture on the figures look fantastic. Such a shame that they'll make the older amiibo look like trash by comparison though.

Oh, and the waviness of Chrom's cape also looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They likely didn't want to overshadow Astral Chain, is my guess.
Yeah, last thing we need is another W101 situation. I think that game was around the same time as Bayo 2's hype train, though being on an unsuccessful console didn't help, having a long awaited sequel making the rounds didn't help it either.

Even just on the Nintendo side of things, the only ones that come to mind are Hector and Edelgard.
Pretty much. Unless Isaac/Matthew in a later title uses an Axe instead. But most art shows him with a sword. Besides that, Isaac's main fighting gimmick is mostly Hands and Geokinesis with some plants thrown in. And maaaaaybe Planet Diver.

Potato_

Smash Lord
All there was for RE was "Wooow get hype RE5 and RE6 for Switch! Makes you want to spend 10 more bucks right?" Me and my friends laughed our ***** off at the idea that people should buy 6 at a more expensive price
Capcom is really banking hard on "but it's portable!" to sell these.

RE4 at a higher price despite lacking some of the features from earlier releases was bad enough and they rightfully got **** on for it, I don't understand why they're continuing with it. RE6 portable isn't gonna change the fact that, yknow, it's RE6.

on the bright side though more RE on switch might be good for smash

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
staindgrey staindgrey , what if we made a new poll thread about our favourite E3 reveals with the option of many votes per person allowed?
I mean, I'm all for it. I'm just not really present on the site right now and don't feel like doing it from my phone.

Any other mods wanna take it?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just came back from Best Buy where Nintendo is hosting a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 demo.

It's kind of neat but I can't see myself getting it.

Also, I ran across a Best Buy employee who is also a fellow Shantae fan. :)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah, I’m calling fake on it but I wouldn’t mind Rayman killing the Spirits deconfirm rule.

Anyway, I’m just glad speculation is free again so I probably won’t care about leaks until like a few months later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom