• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of how often animes get their OP changed for international audiences, at least back in the day

I was always surprised Bobobo didn't get its.

Granted, not complaining, I ****ing loved Bobobo and Wild Challenger is a kickass song.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Was anyone able to check up on Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo ? It seemed like she was in a really dark place mentally. These situations are really touchy so I'm not exactly the best at helping out. Obviously we don't all know each other super well, but of course we don't want anyone getting hurt.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay yeah, Byleth ****ing sucks.

Not even in a "it's just day one, let the meta settle" suck, actually like none of his moves are worth using they're so bad.

Shroob

Sup?

Not even in a "it's just day one, let the meta settle" suck, actually like none of his moves are worth using they're so bad.
Not once have I seen such a polarizing character ever, before and after their reveal and launch lol.

I'm hearing from the pros they're mid-upper low, if that means anything.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

B-but I got 3 shield break in 1 match on Elite Smash! That must mean they're broken!

Get it? They're broken because I broke 3 shi-Ok, I see myself out.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Byleth feels like a character that's going to get better with experience - I definitely felt like I was having more fun on day 2 than day 1, since I had a better understanding of their range.

Conpetitive will probably deliver the final word on this, but I do feel that people's expectations simply aren't being met. He's no aggressive swordsman like most of the FE cast, he's not a pure zoner like the Belmonts, and he's not a total powerhouse like Ganondorf. But he's got serious strengths and ways to bait people into them, despite having such "obvious" ways to counter each. This isn't someone that you can drive right off the bat - you're gonna have to take time to understand what you can do.

I haven't bought Byleth yet but i fought a ton of them online and they seem to hold their own but only in certain matchups.

Like, against characters with bad mobility and bad range it seems alright but as soon as a character has enough speed and mobility to work around their range and/or a good enough projectile to outrange them, they can't do much it seems.

But yeah, even when they're doing good, they seem to rely only on a handful of moves like f-air, up-air with the exception of some combos at low percent.

Their f-smash also is crazy strong but i haven't seen a lot of people use it, the ledge trap potential is there at least...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All I have to say about 1v1 Byleth is that MKLeo's liking them, that doesn't make them good, but I'm very curious to see if this will be like Tweek's Banjo who got dropped in like 3 weeks, Salem's Hero who who pulls out every now and then or another Joker for the guy

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Byleth is a ton of fun, and the more I play with him the more he's starting to click with me - but I can't see a future this guy is top tier, though.

He's too slow to play aggressive, but he can't really force approaches from opposing zoners. His bow is just too reactable. Projectile characters like Snake will give him hell. His cqc seems okay at best. He's got a frame 4 jab which is good for a swordy but he also has a below-average out of shield game and bad disadvantage state so he risks getting mowed over by rush down.

:ultpikachu: in particular is probably a terrible match up for him. The little rat has projectiles, frame data, and a small body to help him duck under Byleth's aerials.

One the other hand, he has good juggling, great ledge trapping and a very strong punish game. Spacing F-Smash at the ledge seems so good, and he can use Side-B, Fair or Uair to cover jumps - it's much easier to space his lance sweetspots when in a ledge trapping scenerio. U-tilt, Uair, and U-Smash all have really good hitboxes for juggling. They're a bit slow but should be a pain for his targets to deal with. He can also go pretty deep for edgeguards, which is nice when other swordies usually aren't able to go that far off stage.

His tilts are pretty nice to. Their hitboxes are great, just a bit slow. I especially love his down-tilt for its crazy range and good reward, but f-tilt is also a good spacing tool that's hard to short hop over.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think my main issue with Byleth is I feel like I've hit a brick wall with how I can play him better in a way that isn't just fundamentals like spacing or maintaining neutral. There's no optimizing what he can do because all he can do is slow but giant hitboxes. Bread and Butters, combos, tech, it feels like he can't actually begin to develop anything that makes him good. Every DLC character before (and especially Joker and Terry) feel like there's a higher "plane" to what their moveset allows, ripe for players to breakthrough and find it, but Byleth is what you see is what you get.

But I guess, breaking shields online is fun... I guess?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm honestly looking forward to the next DLC fighter just so we can hopefully receive some much needed balance changes for, well...everything on them.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I'm starting to be concerned about Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , did anything happen to her?
Assuming she did the deed, we probably will never know for certain, but considering her last post, seems likely that she did. But let’s not be too hasty here, still a possibility that she(he? don’t remember) hasn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Me: Don't ask who Joe is

Someone: who is Joe?

G.I. Joe is the code name for America's daring highly trained special mission force. It's purpose: to defend human freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Assuming she did the deed, we probably will never know for certain, but considering her last post, seems likely that she did. But let’s not be too hasty here, still a possibility that she(he? don’t remember) hasn’t.
If it happend then there is a chance other people here with more direct means of contacting her will find out eventually.

But let’s not talk about it anymore.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Me: Don't ask who Joe is

Someone: who is Joe?

G.I. Joe is the code name for America's daring highly trained special mission force. It's purpose: to defend human freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world!
As well good old London goes sky high:
unnamed.gif

Hickory Dickory Dock
London went sky high
Big Ben struck thirteen
The end is nigh
Hickory Dickory Die...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it happend then there is a chance other people here with more direct means of contacting her will find out eventually.

But let’s not talk about it anymore.
Agreed. Moving on!

Now this right here?
This is quality, right here, and this is the kinda stuff I wanna make someday. Too bad I literally dunno how to :v

D

Deleted member

Oh, dear! I read through the last ten pages or so. I hope I am not too late to pray for Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo . Time for a little bit of church up in here, if you guys do not mind. Based on the situation I read, some scriptures for emotional healing are in order.

• Father, You are Professor Pumpkaboo’s Creator. You have made her emotions. These emotions have been wounded; they have been torn apart. Sinful, negative emotions have been cultivated into her life. I plead for You to release Your power into her life. Remove the sinful, negative emotions that resulted from his/her emotional wounds. Heal Professor Pumpkaboo so that she can experience emotional health and wholeness (Genesis 1:27).
  • Father, Professor Pumpkaboo has experienced deep emotional wounds. But I ask You to deliver her out of all of these. Heal Professor Pumpkaboo and cause her to grow from these wounds (Psalm 34:19).
  • Father, I pray that You would deliver Professor Pumpkaboo from harsh, negative attitudes about herself. Cause her to know that there is hope, peace, and healing with You. Show her that You can transform her broken heart (Exodus 15:26).

Sayonara :shyguy:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I had to describe Byleth, it's that they're just a worse Hero. Neutral B is as strong as Kafrizz, only you can't store the charge, Side B is the Slashes (Mainly Flame) only slower and worse, with a much worse sourspot Down B is just a garbage Hatchet Man. Their frame datas is comparable, but Byleth has almost none of the grounded mobility Hero has (He's the 30th fastest comparred to Byleth who's barely faster than Dr. Mario), and they both kill near the same percentages, but Byleth's moves either come out way slower (Axes), or have miserable sourspots (lances). Byleth also dies easier due to being lighter.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Brawl turns 12 today! It is on this day that it initially released in Japan. Too bad it is mostly forgotten about. :shyguy:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Byleth’s been weird for me. Not interested in the character, but was able to pick them up pretty fast. Did really good playing as Byleth, even surpassing Banjo & Kazooie’s GSP in just a few matches (I fixed that). And any time I fought against Byleth, I’d easily take them down, a part from one or two difficult matches. I take that as Byleth being new, but it’s far more prominent than every other character, where I had a mixed record on release.

I could probably do much better if I actually practiced Byleth, but I play casually the characters I like from their series, even when I’m bad at them. I’d rather put in the effort to improve a character I like than one I could be more proficient in. Just my style of play.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
BRUH

WHY IS IT SNOWING OUTSIDE?

IT'S THE SOUTH, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO SNOW LIKE THIS!

LAST I CHECKED THE FORECASTS NEVER MENTIONED THIS EITHER!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom