• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Best: Joker
Worst: Everyone else
ya know what...you ain’t even close to wrong
i have no energy to do all of them so here's my top 5 best

#5: :ultmegaman:/:ulthero: (legacy bait is cool)
#4: :ultincineroar: (the animation is cool)
#3: :ultbowser: (death punch is cool)
#2: :ultjoker: (source material is 10/10)
#1: :ultfalcon: (the unbeatable classic that will never get old)

my top 5 worst are:

#5: :ultshulk: (they retconned the source material by throwing Fiora in there for fanservice and i will never not be salty about it)
#4: :ult_terry: (come on dude they just did buster wolf but now its a cinematic at least give me original stuff)
#3: :ultlink: (i'd take a third triforce slash over "eeeh i'll shoot a bow")
#2: :ultpit: (it's a cool final smash but goddamn you'd be lucky if you could ever hit it, the reticle is so hard to move)
#1: :ultjigglypuff: (you know why)
yeah...Lightning Chariots is hella hard to hit people with (FFAs makes it somewhat easier on smaller stages)
Here are my top five.

#1 :ultjoker:
#2 :ultbanjokazooie:
#3 :ultkrool:
#4 :ultpokemontrainer:
#5 :ultwario:
K Rool out here murdering the DK Crew...especially Chunky
Worst Final Smash? Zelda's because it's 100% stupid.

Best? Not sure. I do like Bowser's giant epic background-to-foreground punch, but idk.
Zelda final smash is like being sent to hell in video game form

I just saw this on Twitter. It looks like a really good statue, and it warms my heart to see how Mega Man went from being almost ignored by Capcom a few years ago to getting things like this, along with Mega Man 11. (and hopefully X9 in the next year or two)
so many gaming icons together in statue form
I meant the Lightning Chariot.

He used the Chariot in a few instances and his Palutena’s Guidance confirms that Dark Pit and the Chariot are under Viridi’s command.
...and then Pit took/stole back the ride he rightfully earned on his own
Dang, I missed the SEGA fighting game talks.

It is nice to see more franchises other than Sonic and Yakuza appearing for the later systems though. Some even having new titles like Shenmue, Streets of Rage and Valkyria Chronicles. Despite it being a remake, it's cool to see Panzer Dragoon coming too. And it's also nicee to see more Sega games actually come outside of Japan, like Sakura Wars, the Shining series, and frickin' Phantasy Star Online 2 after the West was waiting for god knows how long for it to come out when Sega mentioned that it would come to the West early in it's life.
Like, it's far from great, but the fact that newer games, ports and remakes for some older franchises, especially the Saturn and Dreamcast titles, are coming to the new systems and that Sega is putting more effort into releasing games outside of Japan is already looking better than the mid 2010s.
so Sonic, Yakuza, Persona, Bayonetta, Virtual Fighter, Valkyria, Shenmue, Streets of Rage, Super Monkey Ball, Nights...lots of things SEGA could use to make their own fighting game...or to have represented in Smash

Whose ready for some Mortal Kombat!

As we wait for the new live-action reboot early next year we've got ourselves an little appetizer here.

Best of all like the reboot this will be R rated! :grin:
Warned Bros should do more things with Mortal Kombat like this moving forward
How the hell did Sakurai do that
by being Daddy Sakurai

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys the only ones allowed to be horny are unicorns.

D

Deleted member

So, since I started it a few hours ago, I figured I would post my roster for a SEGA Smash 64 clone (Imagined as a early Dreamcast title from late 2000 very early 2001)

Characters
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Tails Prower
  • NiGHTS
  • Beat (Jet Set Radio)
  • Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
  • Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  • Gunstar Red (Gunstar Heroes)
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Keil Fluge (Panzer Dragoon)
Unlockable
  • Knuckles the Echidna
  • Jacky Bryant (Virtua Fighter)
  • Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
  • Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  • Thomas Rohan (House of the Dead)
  • Alex Kidd
Needs more Ristar, otherwise seems fine enough. Though for a first game, I could see Metal Sonic get in over Knuckles, due to him and Sonic sharing a similar base, thus saving development time. See also Mario & Luigi or Kirby & Jigglypuff. Even Falcon was based on the prototype characters.

What about items and stages though?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guess now is as good a time as ever to post a nice meme.
IMG_20200130_222204.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Needs more Ristar, otherwise seems fine enough. Though for a first game, I could see Metal Sonic get in over Knuckles, due to him and Sonic sharing a similar base, thus saving development time. See also Mario & Luigi or Kirby & Jigglypuff. Even Falcon was based on the prototype characters.

What about items and stages though?
Honestly, so would Sonic and Knuckles. Especially in the early Saturn/Dreamcast days.

I imagine Ristar being added later in the series for some reason.

I’ll come up with some stages later

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man I am never gonna get anyone on board with Sonic Clash unless I double my roster with just as many SEGA characters...
Does your roster have my boy Red Bowser Zavok in it? He's totally, like, my favorite character in Sonic ever and no roster is complete without him.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
To be fair Lamperouge Lamperouge my roster is still pretty meaty even without him:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I just saw this on Twitter. It looks like a really good statue, and it warms my heart to see how Mega Man went from being almost ignored by Capcom a few years ago to getting things like this, along with Mega Man 11. (and hopefully X9 in the next year or two)
That statue is a strong indicator of just who won that generation of gamers. Three of the six characters are Nintendo properties, with the fourth building its brand primarily through Nintendo consoles.

Not to mention that the fifth was made explicitly to be an anti-Mario mascot, and his whole existence is thanks to Nintendo's absurd amount of success.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To be fair Lamperouge Lamperouge my roster is still pretty meaty even without him:
Haha, I was just thinking to myself "Hm, he probably wouldn't put her in but Merlina from SatBK would be a pretty sweet addition" and damn if you didn't actually include her.

Johnny would be cool, too...even if I'd really only want him for the sick waterbike.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright fellow skinpuppets, try to rank every final smash in Ultimate from best to worse/worst to best in your opinion

either that or y’all can ignore this and watch then hear my crying skills be unleashed

Alright, challenge accepted. From worst to best:

Puff Up (Jigglypuff)
Final Edge (Mii Swordfighter)
Wii Fit (Wii Fit Trainer)
Shin Hadoken (Ryu)
Shadow Mario Paint (Bowser Jr.)
Peach Blossom/Daisy Blossom (Peach/Daisy)
Full Blast (Mii Gunner)
Mario Finale/Doctor Finale (Mario/Dr. Mario)
Omega Blitz (Mii Brawler)
Grand Star (Rosalina & Luma)
Aura Storm (Lucario)
Volt Tackle (Pikachu/Pichu)
Octopus (Mr. Game & Watch)
Dark Pit Staff (Dark Pit)
Lightning Chariot (Pit)
Giga Bowser Punch (Bowser)
Awakening Aether (Chrom)
Shippu Jinraikyaku (Ken)
Petey Piranha (Piranha Plant)
Torrential Roar (Corrin)
Dream Home/Dream Town Hall (Villager/Isabelle)
Iceberg (Ice Climbers)
Hyper Rocketbarrel (Diddy Kong)
Great Aether (Ike)
Darkness Illusion (Meta Knight)
Giga Mac Rush (Little Mac)
Jungle Rush (Donkey Kong)
Ancient Bow & Arrow (Link)
Critical Hit (Marth/Lucina)
Triforce Slash (Young Link/Toon Link)
Critical Hit (Roy)
Zero Laser/Phazon Laser (Samus/Dark Samus)
Poltergust G-00 (Luigi)
Guided Robo Beam (R.O.B.)
Psystrike (Mewtwo)
Super Sonic (Sonic)
Wario-Man (Wario)
End of Day (Olimar)
Blue Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Ganon, the Demon King (Ganondorf)
Secret Ninja Attack (Greninja)
Ultra Sword (Kirby)
Pair Up (Robin)
Killer Wail (Inkling)
Super PAC-MAN (PAC-MAN)
Triforce of Wisdom (Zelda)
Black Hole Laser (Palutena)
Progenitor God Ruptured Heaven (Byleth)
Triple Finish (Pokemon Trainer)
Shinryuken (Ken, Close Up)
NES Zapper Posse (Duck Hunt)
Plasma Scream (Ridley)
Shin Shoryuken (Ryu, Close Up)
Sheikah Dance (Sheik)
Blast-O-Matic (King K. Rool)
Stampede! (Yoshi)
Triple Wolf (Terry)
Covering Fire (Snake)
Team Star Fox/Team Star Wolf (Fox/Falco/Wolf)
Max Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar)
PK Starstorm (Ness/Lucas)
Chain Attack (Shulk)
Gigaslash (Hero)
Omnislash (Cloud)
The Mighty Jinjonator (Banjo & Kazooie)
Grand Cross (Simon/Richter)
Dede-Rush (King Dedede)
Infernal Climax (Bayonetta)
Mega Legends (Mega Man)
All-Out Attack (Joker)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Haha, I was just thinking to myself "Hm, he probably wouldn't put her in but Merlina from SatBK would be a pretty sweet addition" and damn if you didn't actually include her.

Johnny would be cool, too...even if I'd really only want him for the sick waterbike.
Yeah I dug deep for this ****, pulling out almost all the stops.

Johnny I only had him be a dual character with Whisker but I guess there could be some potential for him solo too.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, so would Sonic and Knuckles. Especially in the early Saturn/Dreamcast days.
Eh, I disagree. His very first appearance is literally ambushing Super Sonic from underground and knocking the emeralds out of him, already showing his digging ability and raw strength. Knuckles also relies much more on his fists (his idle animation being him punching the air and also the scene with him during Launch Base Zone), in addition to his climbing and gliding ability. Not to mention Knuckles can just walk through rocks that Sonic can't break at all.

And all of that is just from his first appearance, not even taking the Adventure games nor Chaotix influence into account. Making Knuckles into a (semi) clone of Sonic would be a disservice to him, where Metal is quite literally supposed to be a Sonic clone, just with a few animation differences, mostly walking and running. The only thing Sonic and Knuckles have in common is curling into a ball when jumping and the Spin Dash, and even then, the latter has become more or less exclusive to Sonic in the 3d games, being gone from Tails and Knuckles.

In fact I could see Sonic, Metal and Shadow as pretty much being like Mario, Luigi and Doc in Smash where Knuckles could be fully unique. I'm also more than likely giving it way too much thought than it's worth and should be going to bed.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I REALLY love how this looks, well deserved (and I would love to go there)..but, there's something about Mario that REALLY is off putting to me, and from what I have seen in the replies, there was an old Mario statue before...and this new one...still looks weird. o-o

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah I dug deep for this ****, pulling out almost all the stops.

Johnny I only had him be a dual character with Whisker but I guess there could be some potential for him solo too.
Hm, I'd probably still keep him as a dual character with Whisker since it's a callback to their tag team battle and there's really only so much you can do with him and his waterbike...and even I'm not entirely sure how to implement the thing into his moveset.

It has been a while since I've last played Rush Adventure but I seem to recall Johnny was mostly charging at the player or being thrown around by Whisker in their boss fight, so I'm drawing a blank at what else you could pull from for him.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been a fun week hasn't it? Byleth has came out, Nintendo's numbers keep climbing in sales and boring news.

Oh and it's profile pic change time.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Warcraft 3 reforged.

They won't let you refund it, they've banned people for telling others how to do so, and iirc, they even forced the new version on people who wanted to play the old.

And then there's the whole "If you make custom maps, we own them, you don't", because they realized "Oh wait, Warcraft 3 is what spawned Dota/LoL, and those games make bank"
Also the quality of the new graphics is questionable, and Chinese censorship is forced on the whole world.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Warcraft 3 reforged.

They won't let you refund it, they've banned people for telling others how to do so, and iirc, they even forced the new version on people who wanted to play the old.

And then there's the whole "If you make custom maps, we own them, you don't", because they realized "Oh wait, Warcraft 3 is what spawned Dota/LoL, and those games make bank"
So, I'm a little out of the loop because I don't play Warcraft. But I wanna clarify some things.

"They won't let you refund it, they've banned people for telling others how to do so"
If they won't allow refunds-- which most companies don't on digital products, but anyway-- how would people be able to tell others how? They... can't?

"They even forced the new version on people who wanted to play the old"
Isn't this the new version though? If they wanted to play the old version, why aren't they just playing the actual old version? I'm confused.

"And then there's the whole "If you make custom maps, we own them, you don't", because they realized "Oh wait, Warcraft 3 is what spawned Dota/LoL, and those games make bank""
I mean, that's just being smart. Look at how much potential money they lost in what eventually became a brand new genre of games. Like, getting mad about them not wanting that to happen again sounds very pissbaby to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom