• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So this is a thing:
I have no idea how it's going to turn out (from the snippets that I've seen of the Netflix Death Note movie and my memories of Dragon Ball Evolution, I'm going to assume "not well"), but I'm glad to see One Piece getting more exposure. I've been reading this series for over a decade (since the Enies Lobby fights), and it's been entertaining for a vast majority of that time. (the worst that I can say about it is that some arcs, like Dressrosa, dragged a bit in places, which is nowhere near as bad as the things that I can say about other manga that I've read weekly)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Dang, I missed the SEGA fighting game talks.
Sega has such a rich history, yet you wouldn't really know just by looking at their modern output. A lot has just been left to rot, maybe occasionally getting a half-baked port. It's a shame. Sorry, I just tend to ramble a bit when it comes to Sega, The Saturn and Dreamcast might be my favorite console, even if the DC is a bit on the loud side.
It is nice to see more franchises other than Sonic and Yakuza appearing for the later systems though. Some even having new titles like Shenmue, Streets of Rage and Valkyria Chronicles. Despite it being a remake, it's cool to see Panzer Dragoon coming too. And it's also nicee to see more Sega games actually come outside of Japan, like Sakura Wars, the Shining series, and frickin' Phantasy Star Online 2 after the West was waiting for god knows how long for it to come out when Sega mentioned that it would come to the West early in it's life.
Like, it's far from great, but the fact that newer games, ports and remakes for some older franchises, especially the Saturn and Dreamcast titles, are coming to the new systems and that Sega is putting more effort into releasing games outside of Japan is already looking better than the mid 2010s.

Shroob

Sup?
>Look at the drama about Blizzard.......again

Jesus, what happened to Blizzard? It's just been nothing but terrible thing after terrible thing with them lately.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
>Look at the drama about Blizzard.......again

Jesus, what happened to Blizzard? It's just been nothing but terrible thing after terrible thing with them lately.
What's happened with them this time?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only 7 episodes left to go of Ace Attorney. Gonna be sad when its over but then again I'll eventually be playing the games.

See how both compares to each other.

Gonna also probably get back to watching Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm currently on episode 46.

Shroob

Sup?
What's happened with them this time?
Warcraft 3 reforged.

They won't let you refund it, they've banned people for telling others how to do so, and iirc, they even forced the new version on people who wanted to play the old.

And then there's the whole "If you make custom maps, we own them, you don't", because they realized "Oh wait, Warcraft 3 is what spawned Dota/LoL, and those games make bank"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I ****ed up. Remember that all nighter I pulled last night? Well I just slept all friggin day. And now it’s 9pm and I have a therapy appointment at 9am tomorrow and classes most all day.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Whose ready for some Mortal Kombat!

As we wait for the new live-action reboot early next year we've got ourselves an little appetizer here.

Best of all like the reboot this will be R rated! :grin:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It is nice to see more franchises other than Sonic and Yakuza appearing for the later systems though. Some even having new titles like Shenmue, Streets of Rage and Valkyria Chronicles. Despite it being a remake, it's cool to see Panzer Dragoon coming too. And it's also nicee to see more Sega games actually come outside of Japan, like Sakura Wars, the Shining series, and frickin' Phantasy Star Online 2 after the West was waiting for god knows how long for it to come out when Sega mentioned that it would come to the West early in it's life.
Like, it's far from great, but the fact that newer games, ports and remakes for some older franchises, especially the Saturn and Dreamcast titles, are coming to the new systems and that Sega is putting more effort into releasing games outside of Japan is already looking better than the mid 2010s.
You think your upset. I started it and slept through the whole thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Whose ready for some Mortal Kombat!

As we wait for the new live-action reboot early next year we've got ourselves an little appetizer here.

Best of all like the reboot this will be R rated! :grin:
Not a fan of the art style they’re using with this. And really.... after MK9 I’m not excited to see another retread of the MK1 story.
Ever wanted to know how snakes drink water?

How did you get footage of me!?! Where in my house are your cameras!?!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Trying another Star Fox comic: One based of 64.

Not an original plot like the Nintendo Power one or Farewell, Beloved Falco but it's something.

D

Deleted member

My issue isn't really that they're doing ports, but as mentioned, they're mostly half-baked and deserve better. Most of the time the best choice would be to play the games on the original console. There are some good ones, but the majority just doesn't have any care put into them and deserve better. Worst offender probably being Sonic Adventure, which gets more broken with each rerelease, but also modern games like Yakuza 0, for example, have issues. In that case it has trouble playing nice with certain controllers, unless you use a very specific workaround. At least the majority of PC releases have mods to fix them.

Also give us a proper sequel to Sonic R, ya cowards.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In Nintendo's investor briefing report, N-Dog said they aren't launching a new Switch model this year.

Had a feeling that would be the case.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My issue isn't really that they're doing ports, but as mentioned, they're mostly half-baked and deserve better. Most of the time the best choice would be to play the games on the original console. There are some good ones, but the majority just doesn't have any care put into them and deserve better. Worst offender probably being Sonic Adventure, which gets more broken with each rerelease, but also modern games like Yakuza 0, for example, have issues. In that case it has trouble playing nice with certain controllers, unless you use a very specific workaround. At least the majority of PC releases have mods to fix them.

Also give us a proper sequel to Sonic R, ya cowards.
Sonic’s 30th anniversary is coming up. People are expecting an Adventure remake collection. And we can probably safely expect a Mania sequel. A spin-off title like Sonic R two might be a nice little cherry on that cake.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And then there's the whole "If you make custom maps, we own them, you don't", because they realized "Oh wait, Warcraft 3 is what spawned Dota/LoL, and those games make bank"
Apparently, that was already a thing when Valve tried to trademark the MOBA genre during the release of the second DotA and Blizzard said no because DotA, and thus MOBA, was created through their Editor thing and whatnot. It only became more clarified recently.

But still, aside from wondering what happened during Warcraft 3 Reforges development, it's sad to see one part of Blizzard devolve into child-ish behaviour with the refunds and whatnot. What happened?
It's sad as this is the same reality where Pokemon Sword and Shield shows issues and Nintendo allows refunds. Heck, it's the same reality as some of Japan having a hissyfit over a younger than 18 girl not being in a swimsuit in the JP Switch version of TMS #FE and Nintendo allows refunds.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, since I started it a few hours ago, I figured I would post my roster for a SEGA Smash 64 clone (Imagined as a early Dreamcast title from late 2000 very early 2001)

Characters
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Tails Prower
  • NiGHTS
  • Beat (Jet Set Radio)
  • Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
  • Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  • Gunstar Red (Gunstar Heroes)
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Keil Fluge (Panzer Dragoon)
Unlockable
  • Knuckles the Echidna
  • Jacky Bryant (Virtua Fighter)
  • Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
  • Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  • Thomas Rohan (House of the Dead)
  • Alex Kidd

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, since I started it a few hours ago, I figured I would post my roster for a SEGA Smash 64 clone (Imagined as a early Dreamcast title from late 2000 very early 2001)

Characters
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Tails Prower
  • NiGHTS
  • Beat (Jet Set Radio)
  • Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
  • Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  • Gunstar Red (Gunstar Heroes)
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Keil Fluge (Panzer Dragoon)
Unlockable
  • Knuckles the Echidna
  • Jacky Bryant (Virtua Fighter)
  • Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
  • Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  • Thomas Rohan (House of the Dead)
  • Alex Kidd
Good. Good.

Now do the challenge that's the equivalent to Melee, Brawl, Sm4sh and Ultimate. :seuss:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
modmins, real talk, what on earth do y'all have against Byleth to the point you refuse to put their stock icons up?

did they kick your dogs or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom