• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like, the hottest of takes but, if you remove the whole 3 fingers as a hint, Arle stands up against Dante just as much.

She has a game coming out the 16th, and, take it with a grain of salt, but Papagenos said a high ranking Puyo Puyo dev retweeted the direct? Forgot if it was the director or producer.
the producer tweeted out the direct and he has never tweeted any past ones out.

On top of that people took notice that the thumbnail with 3 fingers is a shot directly from the presentation just like past ones. And behind Sakurai is a blurred out dark brown poster. Which people pointed out is almost the exact coloring as the backgrounds used in the game Arle originates from(masumi whatever it’s called). So honestly Arle has a lot going for her imo. I really think she’s in.

She fits Daisy theory which I’m still holding out as true that picture is too sketch otherwise, and she fits color theory which intentional or not is playing out.

The bigger question now is, do we see the first pass character. If we do I’m still betting it’s Geno

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We all know cryptic hints from Sakurai are the perfect ways to tell which character is picked next, like that tweet that leaked Isaac, red eye that teased Ashley and purple chair that confirmed Skull Kid.

I'm going into this presentation with an open mind and no expectations.

Double K

Smash Lord
You mean Village People? If so, Pumpkaboo needs to be In The Navy. :troll:

Seriously, I was just joking. Don't know if you mean those Village People or something else.
OP For Ishuzoku Reviewers sounds like a mix of YMCA and In the Navy

similarly, back in Summer there was "How Heavy Are the Dumbbells you Lift?" where the ED sounds like Macho Macho Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeQe_vEVCc

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
OP For Ishuzoku Reviewers sounds like a mix of YMCA and In the Navy

similarly, back in Summer there was "How Heavy Are the Dumbbells you Lift?" where the ED sounds like Macho Macho Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeQe_vEVCc
I actually have seen that video. I don't need to click the link to know what you are talking about. Not a bad song, in my opinion.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can we all just take a moment to realize how much of a coward was for Sakurai to not finish his dab

Finish it
By "Finish it", that would probably lead to Sakurai doing a Final Smash on the dab, or it, before, the words "Smashtality!" appear and are said.

...Sorry, couldn't resist!

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I could record my reaction actually. It would be the first time I'd be watching it live and I also wonder how little my face changes or how funny that is.

D

Deleted member

>direct: *starts*
>everyone: "expecting all of the drummed up predictions"
>direct: "THERE IS ONE THEY FEAR"
better version

>direct: *starts*
*hype building*

everyone else’s reaction but me:
3A312970-436C-4CF8-A595-E3201B44914F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
All I'm gonna say is:

If it's a character we expected, cool.

If it's one we didn't, also cool.

Dante, Arle, it doesn't matter, as long as they come out at all.

Now, if we get an actual leak between now and then, like say, Vergeben goes all in, then it's something else entirely, but for now:

Just have fun and relax. The first pass is almost over. It's the end of one cycle and the beginning of something new.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We all know cryptic hints from Sakurai are the perfect ways to tell which character is picked next, like that tweet that leaked Isaac, red eye that teased Ashley and purple chair that confirmed Skull Kid.

I'm going into this presentation with an open mind and no expectations.
I can give you two out of three of these.

Who thought the Red Eye meant Ashley?

Everyone literally took it as a bloody tears reference or K Rool reference and both were absolutely right. Sakurai doesn't drop hints all the time, but there are definitely a few times where it seems he was hinting( fake smash ball). I mean maybe they weren't but the red eye thing definitely made a lot of sense especially with the intern kun leak.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I can give you two out of three of these.

Who thought the Red Eye meant Ashley?

Everyone literally took it as a bloody tears reference or K Rool reference and both were absolutely right. Sakurai doesn't drop hints all the time, but there are definitely a few times where it seems he was hinting( fake smash ball). I mean maybe they weren't but the red eye thing definitely made a lot of sense especially with the intern kun leak.

I mean..

I can kinda see what they were going for with assuming that.​

D

Deleted member

Konban wa, kids. Since I am bored, let me show y'all something lovely tonight...if you want.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I hoped some of y'all enjoyed it. Sayonara :kirby:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The presentation will air at 9 am for me. At work I'm going to ask for a break at 9:30 to watch what I can.

I won't be able to see the whole thing at work but finding out who FP5 will satisfy me for the moment.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All I'm gonna say is:

If it's a character we expected, cool.

If it's one we didn't, also cool.

Dante, Arle, it doesn't matter, as long as they come out at all.

Now, if we get an actual leak between now and then, like say, Vergeben goes all in, then it's something else entirely, but for now:

Just have fun and relax. The first pass is almost over. It's the end of one cycle and the beginning of something new.
We don't even know the extent of Post-Pass DLC. It might not even be another season pass type of deal, but just a small few characters they could make due to the success of the game and first pass. Something else to keep in mind.

I do wonder if MMX and MMEXE will have their Mii costumes back(probably) or if the dream is real.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Is Fortune street on the Wii any good? I've been thinking about buying some more Wii games to fill out my collection.

We don't even know the extent of Post-Pass DLC. It might not even be another season pass type of deal, but just a small few characters they could make due to the success of the game and first pass. Something else to keep in mind.

I do wonder if MMX and MMEXE will have their Mii costumes back(probably) or if the dream is real.
I would assume the X one is coming back at least. Seeing as zero came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom