• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ehhh, I thought the anime is ok. Loved the premise and the main character's voice acting is great but just felt too slow of pacing. The OPs though. Some fine stuff.

I'm so undecided now on watching. I've got Re:Zero Director's cut, Isekai Quartet and Madoka Magica spin off as my seasonal but unsure in general.
It's slow in the first few episodes only because there's a ton of story to unfold.

Episodes 16 and 17 are bombshells and is top tier from there. And aside from episodes 3-5 where they're just setting up the main story and world-building, I'm thoroughly entertained by the show. And, while those episodes are certainly more slow placed and less exciting, they're necessary to make the overall story better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note. Its just one year away until the new Mortal Kombat movie. Assuming it doesn't get delayed.

Kind of worried it might not be good because January is usually the dumping ground for movies not performing well. Really should had kept it on its original March release.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
On another note. Its just one year away until the new Mortal Kombat movie. Assuming it doesn't get delayed.

Kind of worried it might not be good because January is usually the dumping ground for movies not performing well. Really should had kept it on its original March release.
I keep forgetting that movie is actually really happening

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's slow in the first few episodes only because there's a ton of story to unfold.

Episodes 16 and 17 are bombshells and is top tier from there. And aside from episodes 3-5 where they're just setting up the main story and world-building, I'm thoroughly entertained by the show. And, while those episodes are certainly more slow placed and less exciting, they're necessary to make the overall story better.
It is where Season 2 will pick up though, that'll get fun. Don't get me wrong the premise of a guy being like "**** it, let's see how fast we can go from the stone age to the modern age. It'll take like five years for me." is great but I thought the pacing was a little slow.
Maybe cause I watched it once a week new episode is why it got boring for me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It is where Season 2 will pick up though, that'll get fun. Don't get me wrong the premise of a guy being like "**** it, let's see how fast we can go from the stone age to the modern age. It'll take like five years for me." is great but I thought the pacing was a little slow.
Maybe cause I watched it once a week new episode is why it got boring for me.
This show is definitely narrative-focused, so watching only one episode a week won't work, which is what you're doing.

With having a robust overarching story, binge-watching is the optimal method for enjoyment.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I hope I can get to sleep today. If I'm looking forward to something or have a lot of excitement in me it's harder for me to fall asleep.

D

Deleted member

What’s your guy’s favorite OP, while we’re on the topic of anime?

Here’s my current one

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Why did have a yellow & purple chair in the first Smash Ultimate Direct in the background?

Sometime, it's better to let weird details be that: weird, and nothing more.
I think that's different. This pose was specifically chosen to essentially be the face of the Direct or whatever it's called, everything about it feels very deliberate. A couple chairs in the background were always just chairs in the background of a set.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've been telling my friends it's just Xenoverse with numbers tacked onto the combat. They'll probably be disappointed.
Honestly, it just feels like another mash X to win game, not to mention how watered down some of the cutscenes are. The Trunks vs. Frieza and King Cold one in particular got butchered for no reason. Same with the Raditz cutscenes tbh.

Also, Goku can fly before Nappa and Vegeta. I will not stand for this Nimbus erasure this game is doing.

Dutch Raikuna

What’s your guy’s favorite OP, while we’re on the topic of anime?

Here’s my current one
Why you do this?
In terms of purely the OP and not the anime I'd say..... No Game No Life and Darling in the Franxx.

Both anime I'd give a 6.5 or so but they did have amazing OPs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think that's different. This pose was specifically chosen to essentially be the face of the Direct or whatever it's called, everything about it feels very deliberate. A couple chairs in the background were always just chairs in the background of a set.
I don't know pal, just seem to me to be a funny/excited pose that Sakurai thought would fit to use as the thumbnail. He is probably very excited to show off what's coming, and he want to convey that with a single image

Not saying it couldn't mean more, I no holder of the true and I can't see the future,, but I can't help but stay pessimistic when it come to the meaning of this thumbnail.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty excited for it, personally.
I disagree, it looks pretty top quality from what I've seen.
To each their own I guess. Not saying it looks bad, but it looks...

Meh.

Now wake me up when we get a game based on the original Dragon Ball that's free roaming. I mean, that series was more about traveling the world in search of the DBs, which would suit an action-adventure game far better than DBZ, which lost it's sense of adventure after Namek in favor for higher quality fights.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, Riot just confirmed more skins for League that ACTUALLY hit my mains: Kindred, Mordekaiser, Rek'Sai

I'm happy :>

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You mean you're not looking forward to the millionth Z retelling?
I really do want to know how Bandai keeps getting away with this. They have a franchise with four different stories, each with it's own feel, and an interesting cast of characters that can definitely fit into an original, never before seen, story.

And yet, they keep going for Dragon Ball Z.

D

Deleted member

Why you do this?

Both anime I'd give a 6.5 or so but they did have amazing OPs.
In all seriousness, If I had to rate my precious obscure card game anime, this is what I would give them overall(this counts all incanations and series)

Vanguard: 7/10. It has its flaws, but makes up for it in a honestly super-in depth story that I highly recommend(admittedly bit cliche at times, but that's besides the point)
Buddyfight: 5.7/10 Has some major hiccups in the story, but god damn is the CGI amazing. Story is fairly lackluster at times, but the first couple of seasons are alright in this regard. ACE is easily one of the best card game anime seasons out there, and I highly recommend you watch at least the first couple episodes if you haven't yet.(They're on youtube via Bushiroad's channel)

Battle Spirits: 4/10, and that's being generous.

The story of each season tends to be all over the place, the animation is also all over the place(but there is noticeable improvement the further down the season line you go)
My main complaint overall is just how lackluster and unlikable literally 90% of the characters are. Only a few of the protags and antags really got me hooked, and most of the time they fell victim of being uninspiring and just mediocre.
That's not to say the entire series is bad, there are some good seasons (Ultimate Zero and Sword-Eyes comes to mind immediately) but I would recommend avoiding the older series if you can.
You can just tell the people making the anime had little to no budget at times, hell the OP's are literal garbage and I would never listen to if given the option.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here we go. :mariomelee:
I know it means nothing. And the fact that they’re happening on the same day probably means that Activision knew nothing about it at all. Why on earth would you schedule your update for your own game on the same day that Smash was gonna be stealing everyone’s attention if you knew.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Dutch Raikuna

In all seriousness, If I had to rate my precious obscure card game anime, this is what I would give them overall(this counts all incanations and series)
To sum it up on how I rate the anime I'm into I go by four categories.

For example.....
Category 1 - Practically 10/10
A Place Further Than The Universe
Re;Zero - Starting Life in Another World

Category 2 - Great, 8-9.5/10
Fire Force
Amagi Brilliant Park

Category 3 - Pretty Good, 7-8/10
Konosuba
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid

Category 4 - Mixed 7.0 or lower
Darling in the Franxx
The Rising of the Shield Hero

It's fun to do it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is it strange to anyone else that the new CTR Grand Prix is launching the same day as the Smash presentation?
Considering that we're also getting news about the Switch port of Devil May Cry 3 on the same day, it's almost definitely a coincidence.

Unless...

Dante's going to be in Crash Team Racing!

I really do want to know how Bandai keeps getting away with this. They have a franchise with four different stories, each with it's own feel, and an interesting cast of characters that can definitely fit into an original, never before seen, story.

And yet, they keep going for Dragon Ball Z.
I'm a little surprised that they haven't made a game that properly covers the original manga yet. (Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z) I realize that it's tough to fit GT, and even Super doesn't mesh perfectly (though they could just remove the narration in the epilogue saying that things have been peaceful since Buu, and Bulma mentioning that she hasn't seen Goku in years), but you'd think that something like Dragon Ball Z Kakarot would have worked well as a way to retell the entire series and show how Goku's grown and improved as time went on.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Considering that we're also getting news about the Switch port of Devil May Cry 3 on the same day, it's almost definitely a coincidence.

Unless...

I'm a little surprised that they haven't made a game that properly covers the original manga yet. (Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z) I realize that it's tough to fit GT, and even Super doesn't mesh perfectly (though they could just remove the narration in the epilogue saying that things have been peaceful since Buu, and Bulma mentioning that she hasn't seen Goku in years), but you'd think that something like Dragon Ball Z Kakarot would have worked well as a way to retell the entire series and show how Goku's grown and improved as time went on.
The original Dragon Ball would work perfectly as an action adventure game as that one was focused on traveling the world. If they wanted to go the Kakarot route, as in let other characters be playable, then they could have Goku, Yamcha, and Krillin playable. Tien ciuld be playable in the King Piccolo Saga, and Roshi could be playable in the Tournament Sagas.

It has a lot of potential, but it will never be realized.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Unless...

3 fingers...

3 question marks....

3 reveals.....

Puyo Puyo, DMC, and CTR all soooo close together with the presentation.......

I think we can only come to one conclusion with all of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom