• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just asked this over on Discord and figured that since it’s been a while since I discussed anything Smash related. If you could make a change to one of a character’s moves, what would you change? Anything from aesthetic to a different move entirely. Some I had in mind were

:ultdoc:: Have him throw his pills overhead like in his classic sprite.
:ultganondorf:: Switch his down special to the Wizard’s Dropkick custom move.
:ultkirby:: Change his midair side B back to how it worked in Brawl.
Anyone else wanna take me up on this?

Also a bit of a note I wanna make is that I’d appreciate if you specified the change and not just go “this move sucks”, as I feel like that’s a lot less productive.

I know. I was joking about that.
so was I.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just asked this over on Discord and figured that since it’s been a while since I discussed anything Smash related. If you could make a change to one of a character’s moves, what would you change? Anything from aesthetic to a different move entirely. Some I had in mind were

:ultyoshi: Side B not being ****

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HOLY PECK MOTHER 4 ISN'T DEAD. It's Gonna be it's own thing called Oddity now:

This looks pretty promising. It beautifully captures the mother style and the cutscenes and gameplay are solid. Really liked the music for the trailer too. I’m going to be paying attention to this for sure

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
:ultyoshi: Side B not being ****
How would you make it a better move?
Also I was discussing your boi with Mamboo07 Mamboo07 a bit ago about his Up B, he suggested the Flower Grapple from SMG2 though I was concerned it’d be more Mario series representation than Yoshi series, what do you think would be a better Up B if you were to change it?

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
How would you make it a better move?
Also I was discussing your boi with Mamboo07 Mamboo07 a bit ago about his Up B, he suggested the Flower Grapple from SMG2 though I was concerned it’d be more Mario series representation than Yoshi series, what do you think would be a better Up B if you were to change it?
Tbh, the apportioning of the moves themselves are perfectly fine with me. But Side B REALLY needs an overhaul. Like make it do more damage on impact, reduce the startup lag or have it be hard to break him out of. 2 out of those three would do. :yoshi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So I'm just finding out that there's a Spongebob musical and this is simultaneously the best and most cursed thing I've ever seen.

4181f6bb524cc37b7ed29cf04dc55e34.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-212229.png

plankton and majima, same energy

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Tbh, the apportioning of the moves themselves are perfectly fine with me. But Side B REALLY needs an overhaul. Like make it do more damage on impact, reduce the startup lag or have it be hard to break him out of. 2 out of those three would do. :yoshi:
For Side B, I would go with Yoshi riding Poochy or either transforming into Moto Yoshi from Wooly World.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025

:ultridley:: Make his up B something faster. Maybe like closer to Lucario up B. It also needs a wind effect that may or may not be a wind box. Also probably would need other moves to be faster too and jumps to actually lift him up more.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I swear I've had like subliminal messaging the past day to get Undertale. Megalovania played twice in a row in Smash, a friend kept making references to the game, saw a poor man's Sans poster the other day and now this.
I can only send so many messages. Just buy the damn game.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Ridley could fly under Samus and break the platform she was on and then dive down with her into a very deep shaft, forcing her to fight for her life before she gets squished. He really deserves s better recover.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just asked this over on Discord and figured that since it’s been a while since I discussed anything Smash related. If you could make a change to one of a character’s moves, what would you change? Anything from aesthetic to a different move entirely.
:ultzss: Change her upB back to :zerosuitsamus: style for juggles. I understand that the heel kick is fundamentally better, but I miss Brawl ZSS.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
For Side B, I would go with Yoshi riding Poochy or either transforming into Moto Yoshi from Wooly World.
A little too cumbersome there. Well maybe except for Poochy, but that would interfere with that whole "Poochy for Smash" thing wouldn't it?

But honestly I like the idea of Egg Roll, but the execution is a horror show :yoshi:

Slime Master

Smash Ace

This is hardly an original idea, but restricting Kirby's copy abilities so that all characters give him one of a few generic abilities would probably be good for him. The character is largely designed with big holes in is gameplan since a copy ability might fill that hole and make him scary, but not everyone does that. It would also take a lot less dev time, but for pure hypothetical stuff who cares.

Not sure exactly which abilities he should have or exactly how they work, but cutter would be nice for a consistent projectile. Fire, spark/plasma, and fighting (and maybe ESP?) would all fit a few different fighters thematically too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else wanna take me up on this?

Also a bit of a note I wanna make is that I’d appreciate if you specified the change and not just go “this move sucks”, as I feel like that’s a lot less productive.

so was I.
Switch out :ultsnake:'s grenade for the tranq gun he had in Project M. I used that thing all the time and I never use the grenade.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is hardly an original idea, but restricting Kirby's copy abilities so that all characters give him one of a few generic abilities would probably be good for him. The character is largely designed with big holes in is gameplan since a copy ability might fill that hole and make him scary, but not everyone does that. It would also take a lot less dev time, but for pure hypothetical stuff who cares.

Not sure exactly which abilities he should have or exactly how they work, but cutter would be nice for a consistent projectile. Fire, spark/plasma, and fighting (and maybe ESP?) would all fit a few different fighters thematically too.
The amiibo gimmick from Planet Robobot would be a good reference point for that idea.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of which, that plush sure is taking its damn time to get here when I bought it in September :yoshi:
Did you buy it online? If so, some poor kid in Portugal may have gotten it instead of you. Nah, just kidding about that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I haven’t played Project M before, I assume it’s like :ultzss: neutral?
It's a quick projectile that doesn't do much damage and puts grounded opponents to sleep. But you can only use it three times before you have to reload.

Technically, Project M replaced the Nikita with is, but I still maintain that the granade is almost useless and the nikita isn't.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been playing more MediEvil. I've collected 9 chalices so far. Currently on the maze level where I gotta solve these three riddles.

Also just saved the first toad in Luigi's Mansion 3. Only one more Toad, Mario and Peach to save now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

:ultcorrinf:: Have Dragon Lunge actually usable again. Please, that's all I ask.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Inappropriate content; warned & removed
-content removed-
Here's another one of these. This was too funny to pass up on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's a quick projectile that doesn't do much damage and puts grounded opponents to sleep. But you can only use it three times before you have to reload.

Technically, Project M replaced the Nikita with is, but I still maintain that the granade is almost useless and the nikita isn't.
That...sounds kinda interesting tbh.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just spent the night making a page of a bizarre story idea. A comedy.

Borat meets the Yakuza games meets Braveheart set in Mongolia.

Genghis Khan suddenly teleports to 21st Century Mongolia and seeing his country not having the largest empire so tries to do it but keeps comically failing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Most Snake players actually abuse the heck out of grenades, covering the battlefield in them, throwing them and even using them yo damage themselves to escape combos.

They're far from useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom