• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

with how much you talk about, reference, and I would assume play card games, I wonder if you've ever tried Magic the Gathering. Absolutely my jam, that game
I’ve literally talked about it here before, it’s one of the ones I regularly play :bobomb:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
It’s cool. How do you normally play exactly?

I play commander and beat the **** out of people with infinite combos(well, minus the infinite combo thing)
rarely and with decreasing proficiency lol

I usually play BWG Abzans, but I've played around with the idea of making a Commander deck (either Sigarda, Heron's Grace, or Palladia Mors)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Double update today, drawing & sprite!

First off, I decided to color Marsa first.
Marsa exemple 13.jpg
Bit unsure if it was the best decision but hope you like it.

And for the sprite:
Kenro 160.png

haven't forget about Kenro, while I been more focused on Marsa lately, I'm still trying to finish that guy up.

What's funny is that those two are rivals, so it's really appropriate & ironic you could say to have them both.

But yeah, hope you like what's here!

@Taylor F , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday ,@JDCabrera , Noipoi Noipoi & AndreaAC AndreaAC

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m surprised that Sakurai hasn’t put the most influential video game character in Smash yet. Here’s a drawing I made to support him.
5D196825-CDA7-4D80-BB7C-059FEE2F6DB1.png
I have no idea what this game is

D

Deleted member

And for the sprite:
View attachment 255491
haven't forget about Kenro, while I been more focused on Marsa lately, I'm still trying to finish that guy up.

What's funny is that those two are rivals, so it's really appropriate & ironic you could say to have them both.

@Taylor F , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday ,@JDCabrera , Noipoi Noipoi & AndreaAC AndreaAC
So far it all looks really good!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I posted some of my old art online and someone commented “I don't like it but it's a good drawing” and frankly I have no idea if this means I’m doing good, or if it means I’m doing bad, haha.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeeeeeeah.

If I ever get the opportunity to officially work on a Sonic like making that whole fighting game thing greenlit, I definitely want to address that and work off it to try and make Tails better again.
Im back

And yes, modern Tails is a roller coaster. I think his development into becoming a more independent character and improving with his own self-esteem came to a head in adventure 2 and heroes, and he was written really well there... then regressed in 06... but got good again in colors and generations! But then took a BIG step back in forces.

Been a roller coaster; best way I can say it. He's thankfully better written in non-canon/alternate universes like the comics and boom tv series. But yeah, gotta be more consistent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That reminds me.

A friend said, “Hey, do you want to animate something for me?”

I said, “Sure!”

Then he told me what it was.

@JDCabrera because you said you had no idea what this would look like, and AndreaAC AndreaAC , because you need to know how I spend my spare time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That reminds me.

I said, “Sure!”

@JDCabrera because you said you had no idea what this would look like, and AndreaAC AndreaAC , because you need to know how I spend my spare time.
“Vegeta! What does the meter say about their Meme Power Level!?”

14351091-CCA0-4B3B-B317-705CCE8A87CE.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Im back

And yes, modern Tails is a roller coaster. I think his development into becoming a more independent character and improving with his own self-esteem came to a head in adventure 2 and heroes, and he was written really well there... then regressed in 06... but got good again in colors and generations! But then took a BIG step back in forces.

Been a roller coaster; best way I can say it. He's thankfully better written in non-canon/alternate universes like the comics and boom tv series. But yeah, gotta be more consistent.
yeah I’ve noticed that. Tails has definitely one of the arcs I wanted to focus on in my story mode for my fighting game and I actually wanted to have him physically address and try to fix his characterization from Forces.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

And for the sprite:
View attachment 255491

:O That makes me wonder, are you going to illustrate him next?
That reminds me.

I said, “Sure!”

O 3 O That Baldi thing terrifies me, but still, great work with it!

D

Deleted member

LOL Thank you! Meme or not, I actually did spend a lot of time on it. Here’s a little BTS, actually, ‘cuz I like sharing how this nerd crap gets made. lol
3B28D2DF-7506-4956-97FC-0510F04BB4D5.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Thinking.gif

That's a good question. I let you know once I know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Personally I’m just glad I can make a few ED cards without having to invest additional resources into Links, while at the same time keeping Links semi-viable(you can still take the other Extra Monster Zone with an extra link, but this doesn’t lock your opponent out of the ED anymore)

Oh yeah, and having arrows pointing up doesn’t actually mean anything now, outside of weird shenanigans with “Link Arrows Matter” Links like the Topologics who care where cards are put on the field in relation to where they point.
I could also play pure Ojamas, too.

I could imagine a hand with Instant Fusion, one of the Ojama Trio, Poly, Rescue Cat, and Ojama Country.

imagu.gif

Maybe if it was realistic, anyway.

AndreaAC

LOL Thank you! Meme or not, I actually did spend a lot of time on it. Here’s a little BTS, actually, ‘cuz I like sharing how this nerd crap gets made. lol
o-o Just looking at the bar on the right side...holy dang. That's a lot of things. I mean, I once got a model to split into individual parts and there were like 300+ parts and I was like "Oh crap...I didn't imagine they were going to be that many..."

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
(Grumble grumble grumble)
There’s a card game for everything these days, isn’t there..

legit thou you have my attention. How does it play?
Eh, not that great. As is fitting with many of the tie-in games from the early 2000s.

There's a whole M.S. War game from that time but it died out. My brother and I got these two Wing-specific starter decks a couple years ago and they're serviceable. Not nearly as fun or intuitive as the new Dragonball Super card game, which we currently play.

D

Deleted member

o-o Just looking at the bar on the right side...holy dang. That's a lot of things. I mean, I once got a model to split into individual parts and there were like 300+ parts and I was like "Oh crap...I didn't imagine they were going to be that many..."
LOL Yeah, typically models are split like that, but sometimes they aren’t! Both options work fine, it just really depends on what the creator wants/needs. I’m friends with the creator of the Baldi model, actually, and he did a really clever thing with how the character is split. Typically, in a human model, the skin and most clothing is just one model that is attached to a skeleton so that it bends smoothly. Here, to really give it a “crappy 90s education game” vibe, he actually split the body, arms, legs, into seperate parts so that they don’t bend smoothly. It’s a smaller detail, but if I were to show you the model with proper, smooth bends, you’d see the difference. haha

Only part of his that’s not split up to give that effect is his neck and up, which is kept as one object for the ease of animating. His face doesn’t move a whole lot in this animation, (his mouth moves everrrr so slightly, and that’s it,) but I toyed around with the model before this, and it makes animating expressions a lot easier.

TL;DR: It varies in the creator’s preference whether the models are split or not, but you can do some pretty cool stuff with both options.

EDIT: I just realized this post is huge. My goodness. lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just caught a second shiny Magikarp, this time in a premiere ball. I'm going to milk this New Year's event for all its worth.

I'm probably going to get one of my Magikarps to level 100 without evolving it. Everyone has a shiny Gyarados, but how many people have an EV trained level 100 Magikarp?

AndreaAC

LOL Yeah, typically models are split like that, but sometimes they aren’t! Both options work fine, it just really depends on what the creator wants/needs. I’m friends with the creator of the Baldi model, actually, and he did a really clever thing with how the character is split. Typically, in a human model, the skin and most clothing is just one model that is attached to a skeleton so that it bends smoothly. Here, to really give it a “crappy 90s education game” vibe, he actually split the body, arms, legs, into seperate parts so that they don’t bend smoothly. It’s a smaller detail, but if I were to show you the model with proper, smooth bends, you’d see the difference. haha

Only part of his that’s not split up to give that effect is his neck and up, which is kept as one object for the ease of animating. His face doesn’t move a whole lot in this animation, (his mouth moves everrrr so slightly, and that’s it,) but I toyed around with the model before this, and it makes animating expressions a lot easier.

TL;DR: It varies in the creator’s preference whether the models are split or not, but you can do some pretty cool stuff with both options.

EDIT: I just realized this post is huge. My goodness. lol
xD I mean, the guy nailed that crappy 90's videogame vibe and look perfectly so...yeah...and I used one of the AC models so, no comparison.

D

Deleted member

xD I mean, the guy nailed that crappy 90's videogame vibe and look perfectly so...yeah...and I used one of the AC models so, no comparison.
Which parts were seperated? I’d assume it’d be things likes eyes, some clothing parts, maybe hair, right?

D

Deleted member

Eh, not that great. As is fitting with many of the tie-in games from the early 2000s.

There's a whole M.S. War game from that time but it died out. My brother and I got these two Wing-specific starter decks a couple years ago and they're serviceable. Not nearly as fun or intuitive as the new Dragonball Super card game, which we currently play.
The dragon ball stuff is everywhere now, a few years ago I only saw them in the bargain bin at dollar tree.
(really wish the same thing happened to Buddyfight, but Bushiroad is notorious for never selling to big box stores, and most of their games are obscure enough that there isn’t any demand for them outside of dedicated TCG players)

Speaking of TCG’s, the Dragonball TCG and Pokémon are the 2 TCGs I refuse to play; Dragonball because I just don’t like DB, and after watching people play the Pokémon TCG, it’s not my thing.
(Big missed opportunity to have the Pokémon TCG play similarly to the battles of the anime and games, would make a lot more sense IMO)
Anything else I’m up for at the very least considering, but considering my budget, most of the time it’ll be a hard sell(literally and mentally speaking)

AndreaAC

Which parts were seperated? I’d assume it’d be things likes eyes, some clothing parts, maybe hair, right?
xD The head (eyes, teeth/tongue, hair) and every single part of the outfit (the long coat, the lot of belts, the inner coat, the gloves, the pants and boots) which also includes a LOT of buttons. Again it was 300 something parts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

xD The head (eyes, teeth, hair) and every single part of the outfit (the the long coat, the lot of belts, the inner coat, the gloves, the pants and boots) which also includes a LOT of buttons. Again it was 300 something parts.
Then it sounds like they did that so that if they needed to edit a part, they wouldn’t accidently select the other poly’s, faces, etc.. For the head, though, you’d have to keep the face connected at least so you can do face flexes.

That’s my theory, anyways. I’ve seen some people model all the parts seperately then combine them when the model is complete, but not often. Hope that helps explain the confusion, haha.

AndreaAC

Then it sounds like they did that so that if they needed to edit a part, they wouldn’t accidently select the other poly’s, faces, etc.. For the head, though, you’d have to keep the face connected at least so you can do face flexes.

That’s my theory, anyways. I’ve seen some people model all the parts seperately then combine them when the model is complete, but not often. Hope that helps explain the confusion, haha.
xD That makes a lot of sense. It was actually one single mesh but I did the split of parts out of curiosity, and it scared me. xD I think I will keep using the game instead of using the model alone...its way too confusing.

D

Deleted member

xD That makes a lot of sense. It was actually one single mesh but I did the split of parts out of curiosity, and it scared me. xD I think I will keep using the game instead of using the model alone...its way too confusing.
Haha, what do you mean? It's so simple! Here's a simple render I did for a friend...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JDAXMpERKLSaiWncq94l5qTc4sgOExnw/view?usp=sharing

And here's a BTS!

1578005302087.png

See? IT'S. SO. DARN. SIMPLE.

*loud crying*

I'm joking, of course. It's not simple, but once you get more familiar with the engine, it tends to be much more easy. Kinda like walking. A baby may think walking is super hard at first, but once it grows older, walking becomes no big deal. Same with navigating the menu and such in 3D programs like this.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What do y'all think we'll see in the next direct? I'd be surprised if there was no smash reveal at this point but I really dunno other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom