• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Geno - I think he's coming, but not as Fighter 5. He just doesn't fit in with the other characters in the Fighters Pass, seeing as he's a Mario character.
Travis - He's possible, I guess.
Rayman - Probably not.
Eggman - He'd be really cool, but probably not happening.
Hunter - if they were going to put them in, it would've been in the base game with Rathalos.
Chief - I don't know. I would think Steve was likelier, but I thought Steve was likelier than Banjo and look at what happened.
Pass 2 - I doubt it. I'm pretty confident that all the post-pass stuff will be standalone like in Smash 4.
2020 as the end of DLC - I hope not, but I don't know.
Most of this stuff is just opinions really. I personally am back on the “everyone is likely” train because we just don’t know the selection criteria. But whatever.

However, I have to say that if they don’t do a pass I’ll be miffed. Not because I think it means we won’t get a lot of characters, but because of pricing. I personally prefer passes for a few money related reasons. It’s a one time purchase that I can get and have and not have to worry about the future, personally having to worry about always having enough money in my account to buy the new character with no indication of when it will stop is very stressful and I can’t be alone on that front. Plus, passes are usually cheaper then buying everything piecemeal, even if only by a little.

The endpoint being, passes have their benefits and are the best OPTION for certain people. And I don’t think it makes much business sense for them to take away that option. It’s not like a pass existing stops people from buying the characters individually anyway. Loads of people still do, some who are very prominent posters here.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to take my dogs for a morning walk. Something I'm gonna start doing every day now if I can.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Doing some schoolwork, with a little bit of annoyance from my mom being a pain in the ass and forcing me to work with her. I always hated doing schoolwork with her.

D

Deleted member

Doing some schoolwork, with a little bit of annoyance from my mom being a pain in the ass and forcing me to work with her. I always hated doing schoolwork with her.
I don’t have to go back to school until the 6th lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So much to look forward to next week. The announcement of FP5 and maybe even the first post-Pass DLC fighter, Joker coming out on disc and Underwater releasing in theaters. What a great way to start the new year and decade too!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I literally haven’t eaten for hours because I’ve been working on this project. I should really get some breakfast. This is either intense dedication, or an unhealthy lifestyle. Perhaps both.

D

Deleted member

That is some 2005 camera to CRT Gif quality right there.
Well, don’t have my laptop, so had to record using my phone. Suffice to say, it’s B A D.

Here, little video which has the clip in it
You’re gonna have to skip round a bit, because mobile YouTube doesn’t allow me to start the video at any given time :(

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dr. Serkan Toto (an analyst) is predicting a Switch Pro for Summer. He's adamant that it's to combat PS5 and Xbox, and will have a $499 price point.

Lol okay, sure there chief.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This may be a dumb question/I might be missing something obvious that's right there in the menus, but in FE Three Houses, is there a way of seeing the likes/dislikes, histories etc. of characters that aren't in your house? I can see all that for my own house in the roster bit but was wondering if there was something for other characters cos I'mma tryna return some lost property and am not sure from the description who to return it to. Ditto with who'd appreciate certain presents the most.

I guess I could just look up this stuff online but I kinda like to just stick to finding out stuff in game where possible (unless it's some of the evolution methods in SwSh; **** that noise)

Again, appreciate that it might just be staring me in the face

D

Deleted member

I was wrong, he doesn't think it'll be $499, he thinks they'll have bigger cartridges, beefed up components, and 4K support in a handheld device for $399.

Man, I wish I could be paid to come up with Nintendo fandom dreams fanfiction....
Ah ****, here we go again

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao GameXplain.

It was probably Jon but they said something about a Star Fox game having an OC creator like Sonic Forces and that's probably the worst idea anyone could ever come up with and it would be a laughing stock more so than the Forces Avatars. Unlike Sonic, the Star Fox characters are actually somewhat realistically proportional toward a human body which fits the anthro style better than the more simplistic yet cartoon-like animals of Sonic.

We don't want this game unleashed upon the world.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This may be a dumb question/I might be missing something obvious that's right there in the menus, but in FE Three Houses, is there a way of seeing the likes/dislikes, histories etc. of characters that aren't in your house? I can see all that for my own house in the roster bit but was wondering if there was something for other characters cos I'mma tryna return some lost property and am not sure from the description who to return it to. Ditto with who'd appreciate certain presents the most.

I guess I could just look up this stuff online but I kinda like to just stick to finding out stuff in game where possible (unless it's some of the evolution methods in SwSh; **** that noise)

Again, appreciate that it might just be staring me in the face
It's on their Roster portrait menus, though it doesn't always help as they sometimes share things, Lysithea is scared of ghosts yet she doesn't own a charm to keep haunted spirits away, that's Alois' ****

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sounds like fun.

How many hours do you typically pull on a normal work day?
Eh, I like moving around but the person I'm going to be seeing is in the hospital so that's less fun.

As a church minister, I work for a nice, full 12 hours on Sunday. It's bulky, but keeps me moving which is nice. I typically do the standard "8 hour" work day Mondays and Tuesdays, and I normally do 9-10 hours on Wednesdays due to activities going on that day.

Thursday is typically the easy day of the week where I only work in the mornings, but today will be different.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Eh, I like moving around but the person I'm going to be seeing is in the hospital so that's less fun.

As a church minister, I work for a nice, full 12 hours on Sunday. It's bulky, but keeps me moving which is nice. I typically do the standard "8 hour" work day Mondays and Tuesdays, and I normally do 9-10 hours on Wednesdays due to activities going on that day.

Thursday is typically the easy day of the week where I only work in the mornings, but today will be different.
Ah, that sucks; I hope their condition isn't too severe and that they make a full recovery soon.

Church minister, huh? Sounds like a nice position to have and the hours don't seem too bad. Longer day aside, I hope you're not worked too terribly hard today.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ah, that sucks; I hope their condition isn't too severe and that they make a full recovery soon.

Church minister, huh? Sounds like a nice position to have and the hours don't seem too bad. Longer day aside, I hope you're not worked too terribly hard today.
I hope so too. She has had a history of health problems so it is concerning. I'm visiting her to encourage her and all.

Yeah, I love it. Even during the down times and long days it's something I'm meant to do. Some days are longer than others and my schedule is required to be at least somewhat flexible, but it works.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m imagining Tails in church robes now and lmao

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Looking for a hotspot right now. Gonna try and grab a Lunatone.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi just in case I find one.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't find one.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So much to look forward to next week. The announcement of FP5 and maybe even the first post-Pass DLC fighter, Joker coming out on disc and Underwater releasing in theaters. What a great way to start the new year and decade too!
I do not expect it in the slightest. There is no way this will happen at all. But I really want them to do an NRS/SFVS3 style cinematic trailer that just reveals everyone all at once. They’ve dipped their toes in cinematic only early reveals with Joker and Terry, it’s time to go all in.

Probably won’t happen though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gamexplain came up with two amazing Mario game ideas.

The first was an rpg where Mario tracks bowser through different Nintendo worlds and teams up with characters from that world. In which Mario gets different weapons and abilities to fit in based on the word.

The second was a paper Mario game where Mario travels through time and ends up going through different animation styles over the years.

Holy **** would that be pretty damn good. So much amazing potential there and now it probably won’t happen.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom