• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I know it's New Years but I just came out of the theater and Parasite is my film of 2019.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I bodied bagged Thanos and finished MUA3's campaign. I just got Magneto as well. Not to beat those Infinity Trials.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Oh yeah, if they added Shantae, they could just use Nega Shantae as a spirit. Or I guess any of the supporting cast too. They'd probably also need to use someone other than Zero Suit Samus for Nega Shantae.
For context she's a full genie but negative so anti-genie(?) and uses completely magical attacks and no whip or anything.

D

Deleted member

Man, Dragon Quest XIS is so good.

Nier Automata is next in my list.

What’s up with all of you? Happy New Year!
I’ve been playing DQXI S during the whole night!

Just forged the replica of the Sword Of Light and right now I’m grinding my team before going to face the evil lord.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Just forged the replica of the Sword Of Light and right now I’m grinding my team before going to face the evil lord.
How the hell did I 100% DQ XI S before you did?

I haven't touched the game in about a month.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, Dragon Quest XIS is so good.

Nier Automata is next in my list.

What’s up with all of you? Happy New Year!

I'm actually fairly surprised there's this many of us playing DQXIS right now. I'm currently in the post game and like, man, it's a wild ride. Like, main story is too but there are some... revelations that kind of blew me away not gonna lie.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Do, Arlo made his 2020 prediction video (it’s really good, here’s the Link). But one of the things he talks about is Smash dlc. His predictions are that Geno is Fighter 5 and that Fighter Pass 2 consists of Travis Touchdown, Rayman, Dr. Eggman, a customizable Monster Hunter, and Master Chief. He also says Pass 2 will be the final pass. I want to know your opinions on it. Likelihood, enjoyment factor, anything that comes to mind.

Personally, I think it’s at least plausible and I wouldn’t really have any reason to complain. The only think I disagree with is the idea that it’s the last pass. I imagine we’ll get at least one more pass after pass 2, and that there will be some first parties thrown in there.
The idea of the Prime Trilogy being remade is quite nice. It's getting a little dated, I never played more than one of them and the one I did play felt quite sluggish with the wiimote. Gyro would do it good.
I also find the idea of Captain Falcon appearing in a racing game kinda funny and a nice breath of fresh air.
As for the fighters, I'm not sure if they'll even consider Travis due to the nature of his game(not that it's impossible) and I heavily doubt they will put a first person shooter character like Master Chief in. Samus who is the closest to him, came from 2D games after all. Others sound very possible and probably would be easy to make movesets for.
For enjoyment: I think Travis would be fun.
I don't know Geno (but I'll just be happy if others enjoy him).
I kinda hate the idea of Monster Hunter (too sluggish and boring).
Rayman I picture to be very similar to Sonic (and he is Sonic in World of Light) but with a dash of Mario, probably would be as big a joy to play as in his series.
Eggman doesn't often get put on the limelight so I have no idea how he would play but I'd he very interested to see how that would go. Definitely a good fit thematically and I like the idea of him scheming with Bowser and Ganon in a future sequel.
Master Chief I've always found over-appreciated. There's nothing inherently wrong with him but he is just a very tough guy with guns and cool looking armor. He just doesn't have that creative oomph. For that reason I will simply groan if he gets added because to me it would simply be a waste of a slot.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>going through dens for leveling candy
>finds a ninetales den under a purple beam
>flawless, timid, drought
20200102_020714.png

Okay.

Edit: ending my night on a near flawless Jolly Falinks. Its ability is Battle Armor, but that's fine.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Beat Half-Life 2 today.

I've legit had a hard time deciding whether I like the first or second game better, cause god damn both are so good in their own ways. I think I would sooner replay HL2 because it's easier and more fun, plus a less frustrating physics engine, but HL1 legit has its own set of strengths, like monsters being more varied and blowing HL2 monsters out of the water, and having a creepier, more isolated atmosphere overall. Love both games, so excited for Alyx in March.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh yeah, if they added Shantae, they could just use Nega Shantae as a spirit. Or I guess any of the supporting cast too. They'd probably also need to use someone other than Zero Suit Samus for Nega Shantae.
For context she's a full genie but negative so anti-genie(?) and uses completely magical attacks and no whip or anything.
If they added Shantae, couldn't her Spirits involve her? If I'm not mistaken, Hero's has him in at least one spirit fight.

Of course changing or NOT changing a few event fights wouldn't be that weird. Smash isn't a narrative focused game, so situations like this aren't a detriment to people's enjoyment I think.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Damn I wanna play the new Dragon Quest. Haven't played once since Sentinels of the Starry Skies, lol. Wish I could check out my party on that game rn. Think my DS is buried in my storage unit.
Beat Half-Life 2 today.

I've legit had a hard time deciding whether I like the first or second game better, cause god damn both are so good in their own ways. I think I would sooner replay HL2 because it's easier and more fun, plus a less frustrating physics engine, but HL1 legit has its own set of strengths, like monsters being more varied and blowing HL2 monsters out of the water, and having a creepier, more isolated atmosphere overall. Love both games, so excited for Alyx in March.
Man, been ages since I played either. I remember enjoying HL2 quite a bit more. I'm honestly dissapointed Alyx is going to be a VR game. Fairly, the gameplay of Half-Life will probably lend itself to the technology well but I'm just not a fan of the experience and would rather play a more standard game.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Damn I wanna play the new Dragon Quest. Haven't played once since Sentinels of the Starry Skies, lol. Wish I could check out my party on that game rn. Think my DS is buried in my storage unit.

Man, been ages since I played either. I remember enjoying HL2 quite a bit more. I'm honestly dissapointed Alyx is going to be a VR game. Fairly, the gameplay of Half-Life will probably lend itself to the technology well but I'm just not a fan of the experience and would rather play a more standard game.
I don't care for the use of VR either, I've always been pretty stubborn towards that format as a whole because I see it as a gimmick... but it's going to be a full length Half-Life game, so screw it, VR wins this time.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I don't care for the use of VR either, I've always been pretty stubborn towards that format as a whole because I see it as a gimmick... but it's going to be a full length Half-Life game, so screw it, VR wins this time.
I mean a lot of things are seen or sold as gimmicks when we don't know them yet. Look at gyro and motion controls for one. Hell I bet analog sticks were first laughed at by someone.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I mean a lot of things are seen or sold as gimmicks when we don't know them yet. Look at gyro and motion controls for one. Hell I bet analog sticks were first laughed at by someone.
Maybe I'm the purist or the cynic, but, motion controls are still a gimmick to me. I coasted through the Wii's life-cycle with games that were primarily GCN compatible. I feel like VR is less niche but, still, I never saw it as a facet that a full-length, story-driven game should ever be played through.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Maybe I'm the purist or the cynic, but, motion controls are still a gimmick to me. I coasted through the Wii's life-cycle with games that were primarily GCN compatible. I feel like VR is less niche but, still, I never saw it as a facet that a full-length, story-driven game should ever be played through.
The thing with motion controls is that they've mostly just been used with wide bold movements that often don't feel very natural. Probably the early developers feared that the software wasn't there yet to distinguish more toned down manoeuvers. But something that I feel shows off the benefits of both motion controls and VR, are games like Blade and Sorcery and Boneworks. Watch videos of both and you may understand.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, here goes nothing...

@Noipoi : Your posts are always a joy to read and your general friendliness is something that everyone on this site should aspire to replicate.

@JDCabrera : It always pains me to see you vent about personal problems with your family since you seem to be such an outgoing guy, and you're a big reason why I've taken an interest in the Dragon Quest series. Here's hoping that things look up for you and that you can gain some much needed independence this year.

@Smashing Ramen : I admire your dedication to Corrin and I'm thankful that you took up the mantle for AMA and made one for me. Oh, and hopefully I can take you up on that Discord invitation sometime soon.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! : You're a cool dude with some awesome taste in media (Persona 5 and Shantae immediately come to mind). Keep up the good work with your voice acting career and I'm sure you'll amount to even bigger things in the future.

@Taylor F : Just like your brother, you are also putting in great voice acting work and I hope that you continue to find even more projects to lend your voice to. The model work that you sometimes share on here is very impressive, too.

@DerpingPikachu : While you may not be noticed as often as you should, you're still a very nice guy and I appreciate you trying your best to spark conversation.

@Bolderousness : I've never seen anyone come close to making as many insane forum bets as you have, so you earn my respect for that. Your posts often have a certain wit to them that I get a kick out of and I think you have some fantastic choices for Smash newcomers. Oh, and I'm glad that I've made you a fan of Hungry Clicker lol.

Wademan94 Wademan94 : While you may feel uncertain in how people view them, I really enjoy your game ideas and hope to read even more of them in the future. Hell, I wish that I had even an ounce of the creativity that you possess for this sort of thing.

@Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik : Besides being one of the best video game villains of all time, I like seeing the updates on your art and how you continue to improve.

@Gentlepanda : Thank you for the gift of Yodasumi and Baboom win. I expect even greater memes from you in the future.

Zinith Zinith : You are easily the most passionate fan of the green dino that I've seen on the internet yet. Don't ever let anyone tell you that your boy is trash.

@SnakeFighter64 : While I don't agree with everything you say, I feel like you make a bunch of quality posts that are overlooked simply because you're sometimes controversial. You're still pretty cool in my book.

@TheCJBrine : I'm pulling for the ole blockhead to make it into Ultimate and shut the haters up. Steve fans really don't deserve to have their character made a laughing stock.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo : Morbid comments from you aside, it's always nice to see a fellow Akechi fan and your praise for DQXI finally made me give in and give it a chance (Erik and Sylvando are awesome).

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy : Thanks for dealing with us numbskulls as long as you have. I hope that Hayabusa gets his shot at being a fighter in Smash if only for you.

staindgrey staindgrey : Much respect for doing a great job as part of the crew on this site and creating content for your YouTube channel. Your passion for Resident Evil (much like the next user on my list) was a big factor in getting me to play through the series and I'm really enjoying my experience with it so far.

@Scoliosis Jones : From what I've gathered through your comments, you sound like the coolest teacher ever, and I thank you for playing a big part in getting me to try out Resident Evil. While I may not be the biggest fan of your takes on newcomer speculation (mainly spirit upgrades), I can't deny that you always raise solid points.

@Dark Bagel : Your avatars are consistently amazing and your brand of humor doesn't receive nearly enough recognition around here. Solid choices for Smash newcomers, too.

@Edith Bunker : I think it's very cool that someone of your age is still passionate about Smash and finds time to hop on here every so often. Hopefully you can reach your forum goal of making a post that can accumulate 20+ likes sometime this year.

@Bakugan2556 : While I won't hesitate to call you out on controversial comments, I respect your mission in spreading awareness of Buddyfight and hope that you can get more people to take interest in it (I still think you would dial it down a notch, tho).

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 : I'm convinced that your computer is full of nothing but images of the "Poyo Boyo" (not that it's a bad thing, mind you). You keep that Kirby love going strong into this year.

@Freezerburn : Thank you for all the likes, man. You're ****ing awesome...and really mysterious lol. A part of me wishes you would post more often but the other part wants your "gimmick" to continue.

Will Will : I admire how you're never afraid to speak what's on your mind and call out people on there bull****.

@Zachmac: I hope that you're successful in raising awareness for The Dragon Prince. Seems like a pretty interesting series so I may try it one of these days.

@Dyllybirdy : Any fan of Zelda and Shantae is cool in my book, and you seem to be a nice person from the few conversations we've exchanged. I just wish you would open up a little bit more. :-P

Aurane Aurane : ****poster or not, I still enjoy the updates you provide on games you're currently playing. I still don't know what happened to that Sans fellow who posted remarkably similar to you, though.

@ShotoStar: Endgame : Definitely one of the cooler and respectable Geno supporters that I've encountered on this site. While our conversations have been fairly brief, I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to talking to you more in the future.

@SonicSmasher1 : You're generally a friendly dude and I liked a bunch of the ideas that you shared with me through DMs. Please keep those creative juices flowing and never stop being an advocate for commas.

Shroob Shroob : I love how simple, yet effective your username is and how you're an aficionado for the spooky season. That, and you definitely stick to your values regarding Swoshi (I think the game is fun but I definitely agree that some things are inexcusable).

@osby I love how knowledgeable you are about SMT and Persona, not to mention that you're an all around swell guy. I wasn't around when it happened but thanks for being a moderator at some point, too.

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester : Despite thinking that you need to lighten up a little regarding Smash speculation, you're a cool dude and your love for cinema makes you stand out among other users.

@MainJPW : The updates on Sonic and Dragon Ball that you sometimes post are often interesting and much appreciated as a fan of both franchises.

@Wario Bros. : Fellow Shantae fan and, to my knowledge, are among the few people on this site who actually play Dr. Mario World.

@Schnee117 : I dig the snarky comments and think your taste in video games is top notch. The RWBY inspired username is a plus, too.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen : You're based as **** and SB choosing to have an award named after you is really cool. Don't stop being awesome.

@Rie Sonomura : From one Xenoblade fan to another, I wish you the best of luck in our favorite BLADE colonel to join Ultimate's roster before all is said and done.

@Calamitas : While I think your hatred of XC2 is a little overdone, I really hope that you end up getting Elma in Smash and a XCX port on Switch. Oh, and your Shrek meme is legit one of my favorite posts on this site.

@Gamma Ray : It's always nice to meet a fellow fan of best girl on this site and I enjoyed discussing some things about Xenoblade 2 with you. Here's hoping that Rex and Pyra/Mythra have a chance for post-pass, eh?

@tehponycorn : Your posts are often extremely well thought out and structured beautifully, so it's always a treat to see you contribute your stance on whatever debate is currently ongoing about Smash.

@Rangez : While you may not post very often, you're still a swell guy who cares about how others are doing. Hopefully we can find time to talk to each other more often.

@Hat N' Clogs : You have consistently great pfps of Tails and you're a great person who needs to stop letting trivial things drag your mood down.

...Alright, that's all I'm doing for now since I did all of this on mobile and my device is starting to lag. There are still quite a few people that I want to give shout outs to at some point, so don't despair if you don't see your name anywhere.

That being said, I wish every single one of you lovely people a happy New Year!
I think that’s the first time I’ve ever been told I have good taste in media, haha. Thanks!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good morning. How's everyone? :)
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester : Despite thinking that you need to lighten up a little regarding Smash speculation, you're a cool dude and your love for cinema makes you stand out among other users.
Thanks for the response.

And yeah that's actually one of my New Years resolutions to better myself. Trying to make amends for it so you guys can start respecting me more and wouldn't blame any of you if some of you don't like me as I bring it upon myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do, Arlo made his 2020 prediction video (it’s really good, here’s the Link). But one of the things he talks about is Smash dlc. His predictions are that Geno is Fighter 5 and that Fighter Pass 2 consists of Travis Touchdown, Rayman, Dr. Eggman, a customizable Monster Hunter, and Master Chief. He also says Pass 2 will be the final pass. I want to know your opinions on it. Likelihood, enjoyment factor, anything that comes to mind.

Personally, I think it’s at least plausible and I wouldn’t really have any reason to complain. The only think I disagree with is the idea that it’s the last pass. I imagine we’ll get at least one more pass after pass 2, and that there will be some first parties thrown in there.
Geno - I think he's coming, but not as Fighter 5. He just doesn't fit in with the other characters in the Fighters Pass, seeing as he's a Mario character.
Travis - He's possible, I guess.
Rayman - Probably not.
Eggman - He'd be really cool, but probably not happening.
Hunter - if they were going to put them in, it would've been in the base game with Rathalos.
Chief - I don't know. I would think Steve was likelier, but I thought Steve was likelier than Banjo and look at what happened.
Pass 2 - I doubt it. I'm pretty confident that all the post-pass stuff will be standalone like in Smash 4.
2020 as the end of DLC - I hope not, but I don't know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shroob Shroob Have you been testing MR5 format through online YGO stuff?

I've tested a few decks. OjamABC is doing pretty well, Trains are decent, and while I was hoping for better, Vendread Shiranui is just Vendread Shiranui and really only viable on the mobile game. OjamABC is not only good for bringing out ABC, but if you summon actual Ojamas or use Rescue Cat, you can pull out this bad boy and you become a god on Turn 2.

1577969030548.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob Have you been testing MR5 format through online YGO stuff?

I've tested a few decks. OjamABC is doing pretty well, Trains are decent, and while I was hoping for better, Vendread Shiranui is just Vendread Shiranui and really only viable on the mobile game. OjamABC is not only good for bringing out ABC, but if you summon actual Ojamas or use Rescue Cat, you can pull out this bad boy and you become a god on Turn 2.

View attachment 255473
Personally I’m just glad I can make a few ED cards without having to invest additional resources into Links, while at the same time keeping Links semi-viable(you can still take the other Extra Monster Zone with an extra link, but this doesn’t lock your opponent out of the ED anymore)

Oh yeah, and having arrows pointing up doesn’t actually mean anything now, outside of weird shenanigans with “Link Arrows Matter” Links like the Topologics who care where cards are put on the field in relation to where they point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom