• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When I try to join a Max Raid Battle:
*The maximum number of participants has already been reached*

When I try to host a Max Raid Battle:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's the marketing power of Yoshi. It's the reason Boshi got a plush and NOT Geno

Boshi I can understand. Imagine making a plush of the cursed form of a nameless king with like 15 seconds of screentime from a remake of a classic NES Mario game purely because it resembles Yoshi.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just heard undyne’s theme in undertale genocide. The fight is awesome, but the music is so damn good. Toby fox really knows how to compose.

This playthrough has been really fun to watch

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So do you think Ultimate will get character-less stages as DLC like we did for 3DS/Wii U?
I would love if this is the case. It’s a post pass world now almost so I think it’s got a good chance. There’s so much potential from staged from new games coming or maybe even getting 3rd party stages not tied to a character but that might be more of a pipe dream.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A bunch of stressors piled up and I haven't felt this angry and depressed in a while. And a lot of it is being upset over small stuff and dealing with my own insecurities.

It's so pathetic, geez.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm probably one of the few who didn't really enjoy Pac-Maze. Not that it should've been cut(the gimmick doesn't really work well, and they did recreate the stages from scratch from what I remember, so not all returning is justified with that in mind. Pac-Land was definitely the worse choice even then, honestly).

Though honestly, I'd love every stage back, including redundant ones like Sector Z(which has a different size, so it's 100% redundant). Floats would be great. I'd love Meta Crystal to come back as a bonus stage as is. The only ones that really seem pointless are the original versions of Battlefield and Final Destination, and only cause you have enough variations of that in-game that you probably can have the slight differences from previous ones. Though I might be mistaken on that. Orbital Assault was a neat stage(not one of the ones I enjoyed fighting on, but still a great concept).

I wish :ultpacman: got a new stage in Ultimate based of the Championship Edition games.

also maybe it’s because I started with Brawl, but what exactly is the appeal of Pokéfloats anyway?
Poke Floats is literally a ton of Pokemon floats themselves that you're able to use on Platforms. It's nostalgia personified and honestly pretty fun to fight on for a ton of players. It's hardly the most balanced, as cheap deaths can happen, but it's still better than some when it comes to that(Big Blue is more likely to kill you. The Great Cave Offensive is perhaps one of the worst stages in that regard, not that it's a terrible stage either. Nor are 75m and Mario Bros., which are both really neat stages... though have some balance issues).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There was just an earthquake where I live.

But I didn't feel it for some reason, everyone else was freaking out
I wish :ultpacman: got a new stage in Ultimate based of the Championship Edition games.

also maybe it’s because I started with Brawl, but what exactly is the appeal of Pokéfloats anyway?
A parade of Pokemon models, some of them not being in Pokeball form leading to extra fanservice for Pokemon fans. Probably the biggest reason.

Personally I would rather have a Pokefloats 2 with newer Pokemon mixed in.

Tbh, even though it has a unique stage layout, I kinda wish they cut Windy Hill and redesigned Green Hill to resemble the Generations version.
I wish we got the Generations version of Green hill as a song at least, because it feels lazy to use only the genesis original versions of these tracks.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still wonder why that one was cut. Jungle Hijinks and Orbital Hate Assault I can understand, but yeah that feels like a weird omission as well.
Especially with Yoshi's Wool costume being in...

Though it doesn't seem a case of "being cut" so much as "lower priority" instead(since apparently they weren't ports, but remade from scratch). For whatever reason. Any gimmicks I can get, but what gimmick did Wooly Word actually have?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Though it doesn't seem a case of "being cut" so much as "lower priority" instead(since apparently they weren't ports, but remade from scratch). For whatever reason. Any gimmicks I can get, but what gimmick did Wooly Word actually have?
Nothing that Castle Siege didn’t already have.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Not really an excuse if the point was to bring in so many stages and only a few didn't return...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nothing that Castle Siege didn’t already have.
Like I said, it was lower priority for some reason to not remake. Who knows why, though. Seems like it might've been some arbitrary thing. That said, them remaking Castle Siege doesn't mean they would automatically remake a similar gimmick-based stage. Even arbitrary as it is, higher priority for some stages can easily exist. Like, the Other M stage might just be because Ridley's playable. Maybe he thought there were enough Yoshi stages. For any 3rd party ones, that's also up to the IP owners to say yes(I won't say it's the reason for Pac-Maze. That had a gimmick that was designed specifically for the 3DS to begin with, with multiple players. The gimmick, not that it had to come back of course, seems the most likely reason for its cut. This one I wouldn't call arbitrary necessarily. Sakurai really likes to return stuff but keeps its original design intact. He only updates stuff, but he doesn't often outright remove notable things just cause it throw it in. Even Mario still has his Tornado, just as a Down Air. In fact, considering how he heavily wanted Classic Pac-Man, it's quite possible he feels Pac-Maze's gimmick is an essential part of the stage).

I'm not saying it's the right call either. Pac-Maze absolutely deserved to come back, regardless of the gimmick. It's the most iconic stage after all.

Not really an excuse if the point was to bring in so many stages and only a few didn't return...
Well, there's a time limit, so some just won't be recreated. And I agree that it's a dumb stage to not bring back too. I wish I knew the thought process. It's easy to guess a few were much harder to remake regardless. It also fit into a good timeline to keep promoting it too.

That said, the biggest stage I wish came back was Melee Mute City. Sector Z is a close second. ...Funny how those franchises are dead or not doing well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought pac maze was alright. Cool stage concept but not too fun to play on the normal version imo. Still due to how iconic it is to gaming I think it should be back.

Out of cut stages, i want poke floats the most.

Although I would love if they pulled a splatoon 2 and bought miiverse back and people could write stuff that could be submitted for backgrounds or draw images.

yeah it was abused in smash four but that made it one of the funniest things to see. I loved playing on it because you never know what gold could pop up when you got a ko or more.

it also had some genuinely great art pieces too which was pretty cool and I miss seeing them. Which is why I love that they kept this in tact for splatoon 2.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
STUFF.png

xD Illustrating Pokémon Fusions for my little relatives. Way easier than coming with all of my Shayarina's design by a lot.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I liked the music, and the fact that my brother would get mad if I picked it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The fact that Pac Maze didn't come back hurts. I love the Namco songs that are in smash but I can't put then normal gameplay because I hate Pacland, it's my least favorite stage in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom