• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, here's a big heads-up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Man, Toby sure must be proud of himself to make all of these collaberations.​
i actually can not tell if this is an elaborate joke or not

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was browsing the world war 3 meme hashtag and found the best tweet hands down:
23E4B6C3-A7EB-4B95-868E-CF043146CCB4.jpeg

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So how high tier is Ridley generally considered? I can see he has some pretty bug weaknesses but also unique strengths. Probably pretty fun too if I could get used to a heavy weight.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, here's a big heads-up.

-snip-

Man, Toby sure must be proud of himself to make all of these collaberations.​
I didn't realize that this was a parody account at first until I saw the Twitter bio, and I thought that the meme apocalypse was among us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how high tier is Ridley generally considered? I can see he has some pretty bug weaknesses but also unique strengths. Probably pretty fun too if I could get used to a heavy weight.
He’s ultra B A D. No-one uses him competitive last I heard(admittedly this was before the last patch, so dunno if that’s still true now)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The sky

but seriously, I'm doing ok.

Cleaning the bathroom this morning and sprucing the house up during today and tomorrow in general since my family will be visiting tomorrow afternoon.

hbu
Just waiting on that January direct, lol. Hoping for something next week.

D

Deleted member

Yeah boi, it got here
4AB6FC58-E405-4A1C-926A-E6134CE94DEF.jpeg

not showing the front because it has my address and full name, and considering what happened yesterday with my parents, better safe than sorry.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So a Smash 64 mod exists that has side b, more characters, new stages. The Persona stage from Ultimate is even in this mod and it's super cool. See ZeRo's video on it here:

Ridley is a mid-tier in Ultimate. His big size and weight physics make him easier to KO than other heavies and easy to combo in general. However, he also feels like a swordie in that his range is REALLY freaking good and his KO power is quite solid. I personally hate playing against him because both my mains have stubby limbs, but he's well-balanced and a solid mid tier imo.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
He’s ultra B A D. No-one uses him competitive last I heard(admittedly this was before the last patch, so dunno if that’s still true now)
Thanks for your thoughts, but I have to chalk that up to so few playing him that the isn't so well known. And...

Ridley is a mid-tier in Ultimate. His big size and weight physics make him easier to KO than other heavies and easy to combo in general. However, he also feels like a swordie in that his range is REALLY freaking good and his KO power is quite solid. I personally hate playing against him because both my mains have stubby limbs, but he's well-balanced and a solid mid tier imo.
Having looked up tier lists for a moment, I agree with your points. One place showed match ups being around 1/3 positive, 1/3 negative and 1/3 neutral.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just sitting around coming up with color schemes for the cast of the game im helping out with.

One of these guys has a Sora-like onesie.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Good, I just woke up like an hour ago though lol. How bout you?
I'm alright, made some progress in Miitopia.

According to Eventhubs, Ridley is placed in 52 on their official tier list. And apparently his best & worst character match-ups are with Little Mac & Pikachu respectively, just some little facts.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm alright, made some progress in Miitopia.

According to Eventhubs, Ridley is placed in 52 on their official tier list. And apparently his best & worst character match-ups are with Little Mac & Pikachu respectively, just some little facts.
I wouldn't listen to eventhubs. Their tier lists are not made by top pros OR smash analysts. Instead, it polls the general public. I wouldn't listen to them at all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ridley is usually considered mid. Imo he's pretty aight. His hurtbox not properly corresponding to his weight makes him die to stuff others wouldn't die to though. He needs a weight buff. But his kill options are really good, ledge game is REALLY good thanks to side b, edge-guarding is good thanks to nair and neutral b, disadvantage is bad, recovery is pretty mid. Mobility is okay, frame data average, actually neutral depends on the character he faces, pretty damn big hitboxes tho. He's alright.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My profile picture is an image of a character I voice, so I decided to try to draw him.
36BAB055-CF04-4631-8377-B6B11077977E.png

I was going to keep the color scheme, but it didn’t look very good with this art style, so I saturated it a little bit.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ridley isn't bad, but he's not amazing by any means.

Come to think of it, the same can be said of almost every Ult newcomer thats not Inkling or Joker.
I thought the Belmonts were considered good?

What do the pros think about Terry?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I also quite enjoy that Ridley feels to play like his personality. He is the kind of a-hole to ledge guard with plasma breath and keep you cowering in the corner. He is a vile murderous cunning bully.

Well this kinda extends into most characters but it's neat and often kinda forgotten.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Ridley isn't bad, but he's not amazing by any means.

Come to think of it, the same can be said of almost every Ult newcomer thats not Inkling or Joker.
Or probably Wolf. Like seriously, there's been a LOT of Wolf matches from what I've seen lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom