• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Disney's evil, their true nature that lurks behind their doors whom the general audience is oblivious to thinking they spread joy and happiness. Manipulating its them since their very existence. What do you expect?

They're the Roman Empire of movie companies.

And soon enough they're gonna rule the world just look at the past few top ten highest grossing films especially of this year.
Yep this here is what I was expecting to see. I'm just a blind, easily manipulated fool for enjoying Disney movies.

And pokemon games.

And anything that I do in life, I guess. Because no matter what you do it's impossible to escape the oligopolies and mega corporations. Almost like the problem extends further then individual companies, and that we're losing the forest for the trees by focusing in on specific ones.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ayyy one day till the year is over

got any new decade resolutions, paisanos?
Hopefully I'll get a new car and job at some point.

Oh, and I want to take my religion much more seriously so I'll attempt going to church more often and actually finish reading the Bible.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Question for everyone: what were the best and worst years of the decade for you? Can also explain why they were like that if you want to.

For me:

Best:
2019 - Finished college, got an amazing job, Terry in Smash
2017 - Good year without anything majorly wrong happening

Worst:
2010 - Middle school was a living nightmare
2015 - Specifically the second half where I nearly flunked out of college during my first semester

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

Started off my morning by finishing up the DBS manga while listening to a Rise of Skywalker discussion video.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games series would be infinitely more interesting if they changed it to Nintendo and Sega at the Olympic games.

Imagine guys like Captain Falcon, Kirby, Aiai and Ulala going at it in olympic events.

Question for everyone: what were the best and worst years of the decade for you? Can also explain why they were like that if you want to.

For me:

Best:

Worst:
2015 - Specifically the second half where I nearly flunked out of college during my first semester
This is actually really hard for me because the most enjoyable years for me were simultaneously the worst years for me due to various combined circumstances, like relatives and pets dying combined with going on vacations to different locations.

D

Deleted member

Hot take, but I hate new year’s eve.

nothing against it or anything, but I hate the idea of “right now” it’s 2019, when the moment the clock hits 12, it’ll be a new year.

but that’s my autism speaking, tbh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hot take, but I hate new year’s eve.

nothing against it or anything, but I hate the idea of “right now” it’s 2019, when the moment the clock hits 12, it’ll be a new year.

but that’s my autism speaking, tbh.
Dont worry, I hate it too, I know I sound like a stick in the mud to people but the "new year" is Literaly just another day and its useless to even celebrate when things are gonna be the same the next day

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

For me:

Best:

Worst:
Best for me was 2014. Greatly expanded my world view, met some of my closest friends who I'm still close to today, a ton of new games I got into and left the British Isles for the first time in my life.

Worst would be 2012 with 2017 as runner up. Too many annoyances. And almost died in 2017.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

Started off my morning by finishing up the DBS manga while listening to a Rise of Skywalker discussion video.
What are your thoughts on the manga? Is it worth reading if I've already seen the show?

Noipoi

Howdy!

For me:

Best:

Worst:
I dunno if I can name just one best. 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 were all very fun, carefree years for me. 2019 was fun too, though it had some rough moments.

But by far, the undisputed worst was 2018. I can’t explain why, it’s a lil too personal. But it was the most depressing, terrible time in my life. And I’m so glad this year was several times better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kinda bored atm because it’s so ****ing cold outside I can’t realistically ride my bike anywhere safely without dying of hypothermia.

so, uh, what’s up doc?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I just watched the four most recent episodes of Steven Universe. And it’s weird. It’s like, a complete 50/50 split on my opinions. “Why So Blue” and “Prickly Pairs”, great, no issues. But “Snow Day” and “Little Graduation”.... they make me uncomfortable. And I don’t think they were supposed too. But beyond that, they also both feel like they just reset Steven and or the gems to their early season 1 personalities for no real reason other then this specific plot needing to happen and then all their character development just comes back after.

D

Deleted member

Okay. I just watched the four most recent episodes of Steven Universe. And it’s weird. It’s like, a complete 50/50 split on my opinions. “Why So Blue” and “Prickly Pairs”, great, no issues. But “Snow Day” and “Little Graduation”.... they make me uncomfortable. And I don’t think they were supposed too. But beyond that, they also both feel like they just reset Steven and or the gems to their early season 1 personalities for no real reason other then this specific plot needing to happen and then all their character development just comes back after.
I just happened to watch one of the episodes because my younger brother is into Steven Universe..

I literally didn’t know wtf was going on, tbh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like the theme of Steven losing it because the war is over and everyone’s moving and he doesn’t know what to do. It’s harsh but it’s fitting.

I couldn’t watch little graduation though, I was cringing the whole time. Snow Day felt like a season 1 episode with some extra angst baked in.

D

Deleted member

Issa vinesauce meme lol
Not a fan of vinesauce at all. Give me TCG youtubers everyday of the week!
Also a bunch of smaller channels, like a bloons TD channel, a smaller Nintentuber that I’ve watched for years now, etc.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Dont worry, I hate it too, I know I sound like a stick in the mud to people but the "new year" is Literaly just another day and its useless to even celebrate when things are gonna be the same the next day
I would agree but also add that all it is for me is a reminder that time goes forward and our deaths approach.

Dutch Raikuna

I'll also throw in my thoughts for 2020.

In terms of myself and my life I'm optimistic. I've got a college course that I'm working on, am probably getting a part time job and getting a lot of money just for college.

Literally right from week 1 in terms of anime, games and films to look forward to. At least 8 anime, 2 films and about 12 games to see.
Creative writing is also looking well and I've started biking again. Personally life looks good.

However the world at large, I'm very pessimistic. Country wise, where I am looks screwed. Tensions seem to be rising across most parts of the world and feels like we are one or two incidents from a major war. Climate change, rising prices and seeing stuff going on with protests. Can't shake off the feeling that we're heading towards a singularity.

So yeah optimistic for me, dreading at the world at large.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

For me:

Best:

Worst:
Best:
2014 - Best final school semester, graduated from said school, had a summer job, started college, Smash 4 was released
2018 - Despite the anxiety attacks through college, I made progress on a number of things like college, personal growth and Smash Ultimate being announced. It's also the year I got my dog.

Worst:
2015 - Very close family member passed away
2016 - Literally every single thing possible that could have gone bad did. Heartbreak, flunked a college semester, first ever year I experienced depression, personal idols dying, financial issues; nothing about this year was good. Well...I did make one of my best friends in life that year, but that's it.
2017 - Hurricane Maria happened. Early 2017 also had a very scary moment involving driving and I was falsely accused by someone who tried to leave me alone with no friends to support me.
2019 - While I graduated college and started a DnD campaign, this year was very hard emotional roller coaster of year. Love can bite you hard, people.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given were on the last day of the year. Whose been everyone's favorite cinematic villain of this year?

Brixton Lore (Hobbs and Shaw)
Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World)
Joker (Joker)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home)
Palpatine (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
Pennywise (It: Chapter Two)
Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part)
Scar (The Lion King)
Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)
Other

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Can't believe it is not far until 2020 arrives.

Anyways, there are a lot of things for me to look forward to in 2020 in terms of video games, film and entertainment as well as sport which include the Euro 2020 football championships and the Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Morning, people. What's been going on while I've been away?

For me:

Best:

Worst:
Best:
2014- Graduation from high school. Had a summer where I didn't have to worry about anything aside from moving into my college dorm; free to attend youth group and stuff without any commitments like marching band and whatnot. It was the most carefree time of my life, and I had plenty of time to spend with friends before going off to college. It was also the year I discovered the wonders of ice hockey, and following the NHL has been one of the better decisions I've made in my life; given me a good past-time to engage in. Smash 4 came into my life and began an era of where I began playing smash more regularly, and even competitively.

2010- 8th grade was boppin'. Fun classes, good teachers, and any form of bullying came to a screeching halt in this school year and it really helped me finish middle school on a high note. My English teacher also set up a dodgeball tournament for us since we got done with our work ahead of schedule in the spring semester. That dude is a legend.

Worst:
2017- Depression was at its peak for me. A pain of a year with nothing but paranoia about being a bad friend, angst, and misery. Oh, and that's when I ever had my first girlfriend, and she turned out to be an incredibly immature, ghosting person. Good riddance. Thankfully, counseling was there to help and the following years have been easier. But 2017... I NEVER want to repeat that year. Ever. The one positive is that I made an online friend who has stuck by me through thick and thin, which has been really nice.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So given were on the last day of the year. Whose been everyone's favorite cinematic villain of this year?

Joker (Joker)
Scar (The Lion King)
Other
I honestly can't choose between Thanos' imposing calm brutal madness and intelligence, Joker's gut turning humane abused evil that feels like it could easily invade us all or Mysterio's masterful scheming.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning, people. What's been going on while I've been away?

Best:
2014- Graduation from high school. Had a summer where I didn't have to worry about anything aside from moving into my college dorm; free to attend youth group and stuff without any commitments like marching band and whatnot. It was the most carefree time of my life, and I had plenty of time to spend with friends before going off to college. It was also the year I discovered the wonders of ice hockey, and following the NHL has been one of the better decisions I've made in my life; given me a good past-time to engage in. Smash 4 came into my life and began an era of where I began playing smash more regularly, and even competitively.

2010- 8th grade was boppin'. Fun classes, good teachers, and any form of bullying came to a screeching halt in this school year and it really helped me finish middle school on a high note. My English teacher also set up a dodgeball tournament for us since we got done with our work ahead of schedule in the spring semester. That dude is a legend.

Worst:
2017- Depression was at its peak for me. A pain of a year with nothing but paranoia about being a bad friend, angst, and misery. Oh, and that's when I ever had my first girlfriend, and she turned out to be an incredibly immature, ghosting person. Good riddance. Thankfully, counseling was there to help and the following years have been easier. But 2017... I NEVER want to repeat that year. Ever. The one positive is that I made an online friend who has stuck by me through thick and thin, which has been really nice.
Hey there, nothing really notable.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Feels bad mad. Just gonna go sit on my high horse really quick
View attachment 255208

legit I know nothing substantial about DBZ(was it DBZ?) so can’t really comment on it
Dragon Ball Super, actually.

It's the official continuation to DBZ and the manga and anime sometimes differ in terms of story (both are considered canon though...somehow).

Noipoi

Howdy!

Joker (Joker)
Scar (The Lion King)
Other
The guy who made Cats

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Dragon Ball Super, actually.

It's the official continuation to DBZ and the manga and anime sometimes differ in terms of story (both are considered canon though...somehow).
All I know about super's manga is the stuff I've seen in passing, some of it is pretty cool, some of it is pretty bizzare.

Dutch Raikuna

Anyone else spend the final hours of the year revisiting their game(s) of the year?

Revisiting Astral Chain, Wreckfest and Death Stranding at the minute.

Yet I'm very anxious right now about the new year itself.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like the theme of Steven losing it because the war is over and everyone’s moving and he doesn’t know what to do. It’s harsh but it’s fitting.

I couldn’t watch little graduation though, I was cringing the whole time. Snow Day felt like a season 1 episode with some extra angst baked in.
Like, he’s 17 now. He should know by now that this stuff isn’t the kind of thing you scream about in public or force people to talk about when they don’t want too. He’s usually so empathetic. But this felt like annoying season 1 “acts like a 4 year old despite being 13” Steven.

I do think the idea of there not being a new big bad for Steven to focus on, at least for the moment, is an interesting angle for the season to take. But it’s leaving the season without much of a goal. And considering we’re already half way through at the very least... it makes me wonder why it even needed to exist. Other shows have done interesting beginning middle end stories in less episodes. Maybe I’ll feel different about it when it’s all over. But I’m starting to loose patience with this lack of ongoing narrative.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone else spend the final hours of the year revisiting their game(s) of the year?

Revisiting Astral Chain, Wreckfest and Death Stranding at the minute.

Yet I'm very anxious right now about the new year itself.
I will spend the last hours of 2019 breeding for a shiny Sobble.

D

Deleted member

For me:

Best:

Worst:
Hate to admit this because it appears I’m in the minority here:

I can barely remember any memorial events from 2 years ago, let alone 5. I just forgot the past and move on most of the time, so I got nothing to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom