• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
With the start of a new decade, I saw this game trending on twitter the other day, so I'm kind of curious to what everyone's responses would be. Not so much about what you accomplished over the past decade, 2010-2019, but what new interests did you pick up/waste an unhealthy amount of time/money on?

2010 - Importing Games/Learning Japanese
2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2014 - Pokemon/Seriously trying to complete the Dex/Shiny Hunt
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2016 - Game Collecting/Being more serious about it/$$$
2017 - Light Novels
2018 - Listening to Podcasts
2019 - Anime Figures

EDIT: Site Error DP Embarrass

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
With the start of a new decade, I saw this game trending on twitter the other day, so I'm kind of curious to what everyone's responses would be. Not so much about what you accomplished over the past decade, 2010-2019, but what new interests did you pick up/waste an unhealthy amount of time/money on?

2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2017 - Light Novels
2019 - Anime Figures
2019: Bought Taiko song DLC and bought pet stuff every month

and thats all I remeber doing.

Noipoi

Howdy!

2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2017 - Light Novels
2019 - Anime Figures

2010: HTTYD
2011: Pokémon
2012: Chuggaaconroy
2013: Enjoying ****ty movies/SGE book series
2014: Cartoons. I was always into them but around here I became a fanatic.
2015: Five nights at Freddy’s/Splatoon/Undertale/Smash
2016: Gaming forums
2017: Nintendo series outside of Pokémon (I played games other than Pokémon but I wouldn’t call myself a super fan until around here)
2018: retro Nintendo gaming/this accursed site
2019: Rareware/weird ass Twitter memes/self improvement

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2017 - Light Novels
2019 - Anime Figures

2010: DC Comics
2011: The Legend of Spyro, spurred on by the release of Skylanders.
2012: Epic Rap Battles of History
2013: Mortal Kombat
2014: Super Smash Bros
2015: LEGO games by way of LEGO Dimensions
2016: Basically every gaming YouTuber from MatPat to the Completionist to Caddicarus
2017: Crash Bandicoot
2018: That was the year I transitioned so.... womanhood? Does that count? I certainly spent a lot of money and time on it that’s for sure. Whatever, I can’t think of anything else for 2018 so we’re going with it.
2019: ContraPoints and other Leftist Philosophy based YouTube channels.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
still pretty confused about my my nose is bleeding every morning. and now my chest is in pain again. Cant my body wait to give up me till march 20th?
Bloody noses can be caused by low humidity, I used to get them all the time when I was a kid in Arizona.

If there's a dry spell or something where you live you might want a humidifier.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyway uhhh

3/5 post pass characters are first party. Toxtricity, Byleth, and the Astral Chain Protag.

Don’t tell the Nintendo ninjas you heard it from me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Happy new year, everyone. I haven't been active due to major irl stress, but I'm managing. I'm glad to see the thread still kicking, and 2020 is sure to be a great year for everyone here.
Good to see ya again, at the very least. Feel free to stick around and enjoy the new year with us.

It's not like we're crazy or anything here... nah. Right?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Ayyy one day till the year is over

got any new decade resolutions, paisanos?
Become better at Smash than my brother. Would aldo like to be better than those old friends who were even better than him but we don't really hang out. I could also actually work on my health, looks and do something about my voice.
But I dunno I'm very lazy...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I recently binged the entirety of Ducktales 2017 and fell in love with it, so today I decided to double dip on the nostalgia and go rewatch A Goofy Movie.

Man I forgot what a huge part of my childhood that film was. I was kind of surprised to find out that it's critical reception wasn't all that great, but to tell the truth, I can almost see why. It relies on gags on songs to pad itself out a lot.

Despite that I can't help but love it anyway. It has some surprisingly heartfelt moments and a ton of charm. I also see why it's a cult classic and I am absolutely a part of that cult. The good parts of the film are just too good for me to hold the flaws against it.

Oh right I'm in the Smashboards social thread. Uh...How dare Disney prey on people's nostalgia like that. Unlike our beloved Nintendo who'd never do such a thing. If only people weren't so blind and were able to see that Disney cares only about money (as opposed Nintendo, which absolutely does not care about such a thing). Yeah.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Oh right I'm in the Smashboards social thread. Uh...How dare Disney prey on people's nostalgia like that. Unlike our beloved Nintendo who'd never do such a thing. If only people weren't so blind and were able to see that Disney cares only about money (as opposed Nintendo, which absolutely does not care about such a thing). Yeah.
I know this is a joke and all, but disney really is quite horrible. Disney+, Star Wars, buying everything good and cancelling Netflix Marvel shows, which while having varied quality at least were leading up to somewhere. Not that I was really ever a Disney fan, something about everything about what they did just seemed like super safe bland toy selling products with no heart. I think it's also telling how Disneyland is a big optical illusion with scents around shops to make you buy things and obviously charging a **** ton on anything
Not that Nintendo is flawless themselves. Selling games no matter how cheap to make at 60$/€ (Fire Emblem and Pokemon) and never putting them on sale ever. But at least they actually try to innovative and make good products.

2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2017 - Light Novels
2019 - Anime Figures

This is a good idea and I've been thinking about the answers. I can't quite remember, except a lot of gaming every year and this year I've been religiously been into anything DM5. I can probably sing Devil Trigger from memory by now.
Really all this makes me think about everything I haven't done. Haven't draw in years, youtube channel in limbo, nothing productive like getting a job or exercising...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know this is a joke and all, but disney really is quite horrible. Disney+, Star Wars, buying everything good and cancelling Netflix Marvel shows, which while having varied quality at least were leading up to somewhere. Not that I was really ever a Disney fan, something about everything about what they did just seemed like super safe bland toy selling products with no heart. I think it's also telling how Disneyland is a big optical illusion with scents around shops to make you buy things and obviously charging a **** ton on anything
Not that Nintendo is flawless themselves. Selling games no matter how cheap to make at 60$/€ (Fire Emblem and Pokemon) and never putting them on sale ever. But at least they actually try to innovative and make good products.
While the huge monopoly (or well, technically oligopoly, it's an industry-wide issue far from exclusive to Disney) needs to be broken down and something needs to be done about them messing up the copyright laws...they've also been pushing the animation industry for a very long time. It's almost silly to say they don't care about making good projects when they've got some of the biggest animation budgets on the market, and oftentimes it really pays off.

The corporate side is messed up sometimes but it's not wrong at all to enjoy their stuff.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
they've also been pushing the animation industry for a very long time. It's almost silly to say they don't care about making good projects when they've got some of the biggest animation budgets on the market, and oftentimes it really pays off.
Yes but that's mainly because they innovated before. Now they can just pump out generic princess story 49, which most likely is just copied from old fairytales anyway. Like I prefer animated movies that are very un-Disney, like Tarzan, Hercules, Treasure Planet, Simbad and Shrek.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes but that's mainly because they innovated before. Now they can just pump out generic princess story 49, which most likely is just copied from old fairytales anyway. Like I prefer animated movies that are very un-Disney, like Tarzan, Hercules, Treasure Planet, Simbad and Shrek.
You know three out of five of the movies you just listed were made by Disney, right?

Anyway a lot of modern Disney movies tell original stories. Not counting Pixar films, Wreck it Ralph, Zootopia, Moana are all very recent examples of Disney movies that tell original stories that don't just copy stories from fairy tales (although Moana is largely based off of Polynesian folklore, its still its own story).

Even the less inspired films (like Frozen II, which I totally understand if people don't like) still pushes on the animation side - that film is particularly notable for is particle effects, and they're frequently developing new digital tools help to push animation farther.

And it's okay to have preferences. If you don't like them that's fine. But it's not like they're low quality.

PS. Personally I'm not a big fan of Tarzan, since it being a love story makes it feel a bit too weird for me. But that's just me.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
You know three out of five of the movies you just listed were made by Disney, right?
I am aware. They are just very far from the standard.

Anyway a lot of modern Disney movies tell original stories. Not counting Pixar films, Wreck it Ralph, Zootopia, Moana are all very recent examples of Disney movies that tell original stories that don't just copy stories from fairy tales (although Moana is largely based off of Polynesian folklore, its still its own story).
You got me there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
PS. Personally I'm not a big fan of Tarzan.
eggman with a gun.jpg

Alright, someone is going to not see the sun in 2020.

And by "someone", I mean "anyone", because truly, I don't know how to use a gun.

Also, hi folks, happy end of 2019.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

2011 - Seinfeld
2012 - Urusei Yatsura
2013 - MCU Movies
2015 - Amiibo Hunting
2017 - Light Novels
2019 - Anime Figures

2010 - Playing WarioWare DIY for hours everyday
2011 - Trying to get 100% trophy completion on PS3 games
2012 - Steam/PC Gaming
2013 - Trading in TF2
2014 - Creating Steam guides
2015 - Getting 100% achievements on Steam games
2016 - Dragon Ball
2017 - DBZ: Dokkan Battle
2018 - Figuring out what the heck I was going to do with my life
2019 - Collecting Switch games

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney's evil, their true nature that lurks behind their doors whom the general audience is oblivious to thinking they spread joy and happiness. Manipulating its them since their very existence. What do you expect?

They're the Roman Empire of movie companies.

And soon enough they're gonna rule the world just look at the past few top ten highest grossing films especially of this year.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Bloody noses can be caused by low humidity, I used to get them all the time when I was a kid in Arizona.

If there's a dry spell or something where you live you might want a humidifier.
that air must of been really damn dry because it happend 3 times in a row and the 3rd time it was just running out my nose

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It hasnt been but 5 days since I went to my moms and now i gotta go back AGAIN for a stupid new years tradition of watching the thing drop and I find that to be the most useless **** ever. I gotta carry this ****ing 7 pound rabbit back and forth. She didnt even ask me if i wanted to come over, she just went and asked my dad "when are you two coming over"

**** this, once animal crossing comes out, Im not going to listen to anyone anymore and do what the hell I want which is be alone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom