• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

At Walmart for like the 4th time this week and gonna be picking up this for a real steal. $3!
371D0A78-6D88-46E8-B596-0022B5D38269.jpeg

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Btw has anyone gotten their arms all weak and hurting like you did something physical, but from playing Smash for the entire day with joy cons? Because that's what happened yesterday. It's almost midnight and they still hurt.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They don't actually show any sex ever and it's kind of his character.
But yeah they really should let him go, especially if they already chose to forget about hidden blades, social stealth or anything that isn't part of a woke RPG.
Wait. If the games don’t have any of that anymore, then how are they still Assasin’s Creed?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Went to the library with my sisters and got a bunch of Shonen Jump mangas. I'm going to start with Dragon Ball Super first, solely because of the negative drop it's been getting from what I've seen online.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
They don't actually show any sex ever and it's kind of his character.
Oh yes, I know, I mean, way before I got Brotherhood, I already knew how that went (like, back in 2010 or after, via youtube since, I was just starting to get into the series), and well, I really don't care if he gets laid so, that is why I skipped it. But the hilarious thing was, it began with Ezio taking a bath...I skipped it, and I though for a second the game had froze, and suddenly the camera panned to him and Catherina and I was like "NOPE.", and then again to them after all that and I was like "Goddamnit, GET OVER IT ALREADY.". xD I'm sorry, its just that I watched his entire story before, from AC2 to Embers and I...fell asleep (at least it didn't put me to sleep as quickly as the AC movie did...) I used the game just to get the Legacy outfits for another title, and considering it came from the Uplay platform instead of Steam, it bugged out.

But yeah they really should let him go, especially if they already chose to forget about hidden blades, social stealth or anything that isn't part of a woke RPG.
I already lost count how many times they have re-released his Trilogy, really. Or how much merchandise he gets in comparison to the other protagonist, even Altair. Myself, I will stay with the obscure title of Rogue and Shay, but at least thanks to Ezio I got into the franchise. And I honestly cannot get invested in any of the most recent titles, the point/skill system and whatnot got me frustrated, and I had a taste of this by playing a little bit of Syndicate on the Xbox something.

D

Deleted member

Wait. If the games don’t have any of that anymore, then how are they still Assasin’s Creed?
Assasian’s Creed is know for sex scenes or something?
Dunno if I’m misreading this or not, tbh.
Isn’t GTA the series known for sex scenes?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That seems dumb. If it’s not actually the series anymore, then they shouldn’t try to sick it’s branding on it. Let the games have their own identity.
If only series could do that and not care as much about branding and money making.

Honestly there were a number of games out there that could have been less pissed on if they were it's own series or a proper spinoff.

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy and maybe XV comes to my mind in that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Btw has anyone gotten their arms all weak and hurting like you did something physical, but from playing Smash for the entire day with joy cons? Because that's what happened yesterday. It's almost midnight and they still hurt.
why would your arms get tired from playing smash when you arent doing anything with them? Now a game your arms will get tired from is Taiko no Tatsujin

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If only series could do that and not care as much about branding and money making.

Honestly there were a number of games out there that could have been less pissed on if they were it's own series or a proper spinoff.

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy and maybe XV comes to my mind in that.
Banjo and Kazooie: N&B and Federation Force also come to mind. Both are (appearantly) fine games, but were absolutely not what fans of those series wanted at the time.

AndreaAC

I love characters that have contrasting personalities like that, but still get along well. It's beautiful if done right.
:3 Hehe, yay!
This is all you need to know about Ren And Stimpy
There was a problem fetching the tweet
xD Ok, that got a chuckle out of me!
That seems dumb. If it’s not actually the series anymore, then they shouldn’t try to sick it’s branding on it. Let the games have their own identity.
I think things kind of began to change since Unity going forward I believe...and well, the AC franchise from what I have seen so far, It's Ubisoft's Guinea Pig when it comes to try a lot of stuff and mediums. I mean, Hell, right now they are releasing some sort of Audio drama thingy for Audible for next year.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I'm sorry, its just that I watched his entire story before, from AC2 to Embers and I...fell asleep
Well I can understand that it's not for everyone, though that's kinda why I like it. It lets itself be this slightly campy bold story, which also contrasts nicely with the more serious AC1 and modern day. Like we actually got to experience three unique and interesting protagonists and storylines.
I already lost count how many times they have re-released his Trilogy, really. Or how much merchandise he gets in comparison to the other protagonist, even Altair.
Funny thing how they never got that that means that the fans wanna get to know characters during the span of multiple games.
If you take a look at the AC community currently, you will see that there's a big fight between new and old fans. Neither wants to lose their kind of game and they both know only one of them can exist in the series. Probably shifting from Sci-fi to fantasy also wasn't a smart move.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
No, but my arms (and everything else, really) still hurt from pulling a 12+ hour workday yesterday.

Haven't really touched the Joycon control scheme besides the few times when I play the game portably, but I typically use a GameCube controller and that doesn't tire my arms out.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
why would your arms get tired from playing smash when you arent doing anything with them? Now a game your arms will get tired from is Taiko no Tatsujin
Uuh I dunno. It started off with just my shield and grab fingers on the right triggers but then spread to the whole arms. Have a hard time using any real strength on anything with them. Could be I just moved them or something. I have a habit of standing up and maybe walking around when I play.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Went to the library with my sisters and got a bunch of Shonen Jump mangas. I'm going to start with Dragon Ball Super first, solely because of the negative drop it's been getting from what I've seen online.
I've been somewhat interested in grabbing a couple of volumes online since they're relatively cheap, but I've heard that the manga can be even more of a mess than the anime.

That, and Toyotaro is apparently a tracer.

AndreaAC

Assasian’s Creed is know for sex scenes or something?
Dunno if I’m misreading this or not, tbh.
Isn’t GTA the series known for sex scenes?
I mean, as far I know, not exactly, but, from all the protagonists so far, since Ezio is the Casanova of the franchise, plus how popular he is...its the one that got laid the most, but the scenes weren't nothing that obscene. x'D I skipped them just because, I didn't wanted to lose time watching the guy getting it.

Well I can understand that it's not for everyone, though that's kinda why I like it. It lets itself be this slightly campy bold story, which also contrasts nicely with the more serious AC1 and modern day. Like we actually got to experience three unique and interesting protagonists and storylines.
I saw all of that, and okay, I must admit, its interesting how they connected everything with Altair, Ezio and Desmond. And I can see why people like it, but after having watched everything, it didn't stick to me much. But other friends of mine were invested into them, and that's great. I think the length was the reason why I couldn't get much out of it. I saw Rogue ever since it was revealed with a less flashy CGI trailer than Unity, and it honestly gave me chills, plus it got me feeling intrigued with the idea of a "mission going wrong and him having to betray the people who he once called brothers.", plus, its short and to the point and I adore the protagonist even if he's pushed aside by Ubisoft a lot. And I think the writer of that game is the same one that did Revelations so...there's that, since there Ezio finally settles down.

Funny thing how they never got that that means that the fans wanna get to know characters during the span of multiple games.
I mean, even to this that, despite the multiple re-releases of the Ezio trilogy, the fans still ask for another one...and even, the rumor of the AC movie began it supposedly re-telling AC1 and Ezio trilogy, but it ended up being about Aguilar and the Spanish Inquisition. I mean, good on them for doing that, but, they focusing so much on Abstergo (that's why I fell asleep), didn't help in the slightest. And basically, they lied a lot when they answered questions about the movie prior release.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

If you take a look at the AC community currently, you will see that there's a big fight between new and old fans. Neither wants to lose their kind of game and they both know only one of them can exist in the series. Probably shifting from Sci-fi to fantasy also wasn't a smart move.
As someone who is also a fan of the series I can understand. AC2 and Black Flag are some of my favourite games. Origins was ok. I more am not a fan of the more RPG switch than anything. Having spent nearly 100 hours in Origins, it felt off.
And now the rumored Viking game. Feels like the series plays it a bit safe sometimes. Wish it did more underlooked periods of history and less fantasy.

D

Deleted member

Instead of just posting pictures of what I pulled from literally just 2 packs, instead I’ll show it to you... on YouTube!

overall, nothing too special, tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:3 Hehe, yay!

xD Ok, that got a chuckle out of me!

I think things kind of began to change since Unity going forward I believe...and well, the AC franchise from what I have seen so far, It's Ubisoft's Guinea Pig when it comes to try a lot of stuff and mediums. I mean, Hell, right now they are releasing some sort of Audio drama thingy for Audible for next year.
Our president isn’t Lex Luthor, he’s Ren Höek.

D

Deleted member

after literally 4 of the cards I pulled were Cyber Angels, A.I kinda want to build them now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There's a small little detail I just noticed about Galarian Yanmask.

You know how the regular Unovan form has a little dot under its eye that kind of resembles a tear?
Well Galarian Yanmask has two of them. The poor thing is probably in pain because of the runestone attempting to consume it.
Gamefreak just really wants me to feel bad for these things, huh?

Welp, time to get back to bringing these poor, tortured souls into the word. I gotta hatch my shiny somehow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah, they banned Galarian Darmanitan

Good riddance lol
Which is a little weird when the fish and whismicott combo should effectively annihilate it in zen and normal mode. Because banded and tailwind fishous rend shreds everything and seems to be a pretty popular team combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom