• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys. What should I do? My sister had to bring her pet bird downstairs because it was so alone it was starting to pull out it’s feathers. But I have Ornithophobia. I can barely be in the same room as the thing. I don’t want my sister’s pet to hurt itself, but this isn’t the kind of thing I can just get over. Like I have nightmares about birds. They want me to come downstairs and I have obligations to the Maintenance Of the house, not to mention I can’t stay in my room till my sister goes back to school because I’ll starve. I just... I don’t know what to do.
If you can't work something out with your family, you could try to get used to your sister's parrot but slowly increasing your exposure to it. Maybe start by going down stairs for just a couple minutes at a time, then start increasing the time down there when you start to feel more confident.

It's much easier said then done, and it won't cure your fear obviously but it might help you get used to the feeling.

D

Deleted member

:3 OH NICE~! When did that happen? and which character was it?
Couple days ago. It was this character.

xD I heard very similar things in that interview, with things like "giving the character (their) own flare,"/putting part of themselves into the character, and its very noticeable by just looking at the character design, their actions and hearing their voice lines.
Yessss, this is all very true. 10 times out of 10, the character I voice in a franchise is my favorite of them all, not because I’m biased, but because I put a piece of myself in them and relate to them. For example, I do one character who is very depressed, has anxiety, has self-depricitive thoughts, and things along those lines. A lot of the inspiration for him comes from a lot of the things I was feeling as a 12 a year old, and me putting that into him has payed off. (Of course, don’t do it too much! It’s still the client’s character. It’s good to know when is too much, and when is too little. I try to “add” a little bit to the character, not completely take over.)

And justice indeed, that is why with this AC character specifically, I feel no other voice fits with it. Like I heard in one video "Characters ARE their voices."
Absolutely. You know it’s a good performance when you say, “This IS the character.”

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What do you guys think of my TCG storage thing so far?
400441C8-FDA6-453D-8535-547D925ADAD8.jpeg

long-term goal is to move all of my cards into binders and organize them based of the specific TCG and card type.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my DLC Prediction. Arle is DLC5, and the others are post-pass and can pretty much be shuffled about at will (and removed, this is assuming a full 10).
Prediction.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I heard in one video "Characters ARE their voices."
I definitely agree. I've been working on a dub of a FNAF comic series for a few months now, and casting is always an interesting experience. I try to pay special attention to it, as the voice over basically makes the dub. I pretty much always manage to get voice actors that fit the roles perfectly, and I'm happy about that. I'm lucky. I'm working with the original comic creator on the dub, so I send the voices to him to make sure they are good before I cast anyone. Luckily we've found some really good VAs.

Speaking of which, working with voice actors in different parts of the world is a pretty interesting experience. Most of them live in the United States, but two of them live in the United Kingdom, one lives in Australia, and the comic creator himself lives in Brazil, so I occasionally have to stay up at weird times to talk with them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some dude claimed my art was official and that I was lying about owning it because he ”found it in the games files,” so I sent him this.
1577739668940.png

D

Deleted member

While the guy sounds like somewhat of an idiot, I'd still take it as a compliment that he considers your work good enough to mistake with the official art.
LOL In some ways, it is. Apparently MatPat, The Leaderboard, and The Annoying Orange felt the same way. [insert uncomfrotable laughter here]

Got it sorted out with MatPat and The Leaderboard, but not The Annoying Orange. Couldn't find his contact info.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's my DLC Prediction. Arle is DLC5, and the others are post-pass and can pretty much be shuffled about at will (and removed, this is assuming a full 10).View attachment 255073
I wouldn’t complain. Although Arle isn’t a character I would pick. My ideal 4th SEGA character would be NiGHTS

Also I would swap out Ezio with Rayman.

I won’t complain about Dee or Byleth though because there’s nothing I can say about them that doesn’t also reduce Geno.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I did some research, and apparently this thing is a Cambrian-era anthropod called an Opabinia, complete with a grabby, tentacle like proboscis, and five friggin eyes.

Mother Nature was definitely doing some experimental drugs in her youth.
Opabinia is that ***** and I will not rest until he stars in a Jurassic Park movie

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Couple days ago. It was this character.
undefined
o3o What was the name of the character?

Yessss, this is all very true. 10 times out of 10, the character I voice in a franchise is my favorite of them all, not because I’m biased, but because I put a piece of myself in them and relate to them. For example, I do one character who is very depressed, has anxiety, has self-depreciative thoughts, and things along those lines. A lot of the inspiration for him comes from a lot of the things I was feeling as a 12 a year old, and me putting that into him has payed off. (Of course, don’t do it too much! It’s still the client’s character. It’s good to know when is too much, and when is too little. I try to “add” a little bit to the character, not completely take over.)
:O Honestly, that kind of stuff sounds VERY deep! But I do understand it, since, I tend to do that with the characters I draw and develop stories with, that is why I call them as my personal take on the character. Like with Ridley for example, I reflected both the hate and the change of heart I had towards Roidley by changing their relationship slowly to the one they have to this day.
Absolutely. You know it’s a good performance when you say, “This IS the character.”
;) EXACTLY!

I definitely agree. I've been working on a dub of a FNAF comic series for a few months now, and casting is always an interesting experience. I try to pay special attention to it, as the voice over basically makes the dub. I pretty much always manage to get voice actors that fit the roles perfectly, and I'm happy about that. I'm lucky. I'm working with the original comic creator on the dub, so I send the voices to him to make sure they are good before I cast anyone. Luckily we've found some really good VAs.

Speaking of which, working with voice actors in different parts of the world is a pretty interesting experience. Most of them live in the United States, but two of them live in the United Kingdom, one lives in Australia, and the comic creator himself lives in Brazil, so I occasionally have to stay up at weird times to talk with them.
:O Ooooh! :D Awesome! International stuff! xD Its pretty much how I feel about being here and knowing people from other parts of the world and from my own coutry or Spanish speakers from other places.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys. What should I do? My sister had to bring her pet bird downstairs because it was so alone it was starting to pull out it’s feathers. But I have Ornithophobia. I can barely be in the same room as the thing. I don’t want my sister’s pet to hurt itself, but this isn’t the kind of thing I can just get over. Like I have nightmares about birds. They want me to come downstairs and I have obligations to the Maintenance Of the house, not to mention I can’t stay in my room till my sister goes back to school because I’ll starve. I just... I don’t know what to do.
I cant think of anything other then face your fear and stay with the bird. I think the bird pulling its feathers out from lonelyness is more important then you being scared of a bird behind a cage where it cant leave

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you can't work something out with your family, you could try to get used to your sister's parrot but slowly increasing your exposure to it. Maybe start by going down stairs for just a couple minutes at a time, then start increasing the time down there when you start to feel more confident.

It's much easier said then done, and it won't cure your fear obviously but it might help you get used to the feeling.
There really isn’t much to work out. It’s cage is pretty big so she can’t just bring it up and down all day. As long as it’s not screaming I can try to ignore it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There really isn’t much to work out. It’s cage is pretty big so she can’t just bring it up and down all day. As long as it’s not screaming I can try to ignore it.
I dont think ignoreing it will help its lonelyness but alright, may just seeing ya will do good for it

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Also I would swap out Ezio with Rayman.
I would do that too. I know Ubisoft has a hard time letting go of Ezio even to this day, but still, Rayman was one of their first successes as a company and its basically their mascot...though currently, considering the treatment he's getting, I am doubting it a little. Plus, I honestly cannot stand the guy or the games he's in...I am still rather bothered at the fact that I had to skip 3 cutscenes just to avoid seeing...err...things he does in bed. And it was at the beginning of the second game of his Trilogy. >_>

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So I did some research, and apparently this thing is a Cambrian-era anthropod called an Opabinia, complete with a grabby, tentacle like proboscis, and five friggin eyes.

Mother Nature was definitely doing some experimental drugs in her youth.
Why is all the cool weird stuff dead.

This is the second worst instance of wasted potential in all of history.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:O Honestly, that kind of stuff sounds VERY deep! But I do understand it, since, I tend to do that with the characters I draw and develop stories with, that is why I call them as my personal take on the character. Like with Ridley for example, I reflected both the hate and the change of heart I had towards Roidley by changing their relationship slowly to the one they have to this day.
Speaking about your Ridleys (Ridleys? Ridlies?) I'll to do a voice for the excited one some time. I can't remember his name. Could you PM me what he would sound like?

D

Deleted member

o3o What was the name of the character?
Sammy. He’s for a FNAF fan project.

That sounds cheesey as crap, but he’s very well written. The entire thing is, really.

I also voice another one of this guy’s original characters named Kyle, (The depressed one I mentioned.)

EDIT: Sammy is an OC, but I mean original as in, Kyle is not a character made for something relating to an already existing franchise.
yesssssssss This is the kinda stuff I like to see! Good on you!

I simply fall for characters that are developed this way. That’s why I love Sammy and Kyle. The creator knows what he’s doing, and he takes time to develop them and make them complex. They’re not just static.

That being said, static characters aren’t horrible. I mean, Mickey Mouse does not have a super deep backstory or some crap, but he’s still a fun character. I tend to voice a lot of characters like that, and while I still love them, I admit it’s more interesting to voice characters like Sammy and Kyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I dont think ignoreing it will help its lonelyness but alright
There’s my parents and my sister. They’re still socializing with the thing. That should be plenty.

I would do that too. I know Ubisoft has a hard time letting go of Ezio even to this day, but still, Rayman was one of their first successes as a company and its basically their mascot...though currently, considering the treatment he's getting, I am doubting it a little. Plus, I honestly cannot stand the guy or the games he's in...I am still rather bothered at the fact that I had to skip 3 cutscenes just to avoid seeing...err...things he does in bed. And it was at the beginning of the second game of his Trilogy. >_>
I honestly think Rayman is way more likely anyway. Sakurai never went out of his way to get an Ezio trophy in Wii U, that’s for certain. And then again for Ultimate. Like, you can say he got a spirit because of Mario + Rabbids, but he didn’t HAVE to get those spirits in either.

I do wish there was a place for Crash Bandicoot on your list though. That’s one I really want. Maybe switch out one of the Bethesda characters for him?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
LOL In some ways, it is. Apparently MatPat, The Leaderboard, and The Annoying Orange felt the same way. [insert uncomfrotable laughter here]

Got it sorted out with MatPat and The Leaderboard, but not The Annoying Orange. Couldn't find his contact info.
It got taken off YouTube or something?

AndreaAC

Speaking about your Ridleys (Ridleys? Ridlies?) I'll to do a voice for the excited one some time. I can't remember his name. Could you PM me what he would sound like?
xD Oh, my Silly Roidley? I am honestly having a hard time getting a voice to use a reference for him, I just imagine him with a cute voice that sometimes turns into the high pitched screams he has in the actual Other M game. What got you interested in my Roidley, I am curious!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
xD Oh, my Silly Roidley? I am honestly having a hard time getting a voice to use a reference for him, I just imagine him with a cute voice that sometimes turns into the high pitched screams he has in the actual Other M game. What got you interested in my Roidley, I am curious!
I enjoy the little art of those two that you post occasionally. It reminds me of Ren & Stimpy. It's good chemistry.

D

Deleted member

Ah that sounds cool. From hearing you do voice acting? Thats interesting.
Thank you! Voice acting is my "main thing," but on the side, I do 2D art, 3D art, 3D Animation, and I'm learning gamedev and modelling!

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
They don't actually show any sex ever and it's kind of his character.
But yeah they really should let him go, especially if they already chose to forget about hidden blades, social stealth or anything that isn't part of a woke RPG.

AndreaAC

I enjoy the little art of those two that you post occasionally. It reminds me of Ren & Stimpy. It's good chemistry.
xD Glad you do! And the funny thing is, that I NEVER watched Ren and Stimpy, not even back in the day when it was on Nickelodeon. But I kind of get what you mean! Of course, their relationship goes into more deeper stuff than just silly antics, but I always enjoy doing random things with them that doesn't have to do with the overall story of how they met and developed their "brotherly" bond.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was working on a comic dub, and one of my pals is a composer, so he made a few tracks for me. The credits track is called "The Show Is Over". I was originally going to call it "This Is The End" but I decided against it. Then I realized that "This Is The End" actually lines up with an important quote from an important character in an important scene and I am figuratively punching myself in the face for not naming it that.

D

Deleted member

xD Glad you do! And the funny thing is, that I NEVER watched Ren and Stimpy, not even back in the day when it was on Nickelodeon. But I kind of get what you mean! Of course, their relationship goes into more deeper stuff than just silly antics, but I always enjoy doing random things with them that doesn't have to do with the overall story of how they met and developed their "brotherly" bond.
I love characters that have contrasting personalities like that, but still get along well. It's beautiful if done right.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thank you! Voice acting is my "main thing," but on the side, I do 2D art, 3D art, 3D Animation, and I'm learning gamedev and modelling!
I'm mostly doing creative writing and graphic manipulation in my spare time and might make it a career. Stuck between thinking of doing that or a complete 180 and doing something related to Politics.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is all you need to know about Ren And Stimpy
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom